amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zelda Loftwing amiibo.  I will be at the store open for this amiibo. Likely it'll be re-print but not sure when. Do you want to waits for 6 months - years to get it?

I'm new to buying Amiibos. I want the new Zelda Loftwing figure. Is this something that will eventually be available to easily buy, or is it one of those things where if you don't manage to grab one of the pre-orders for the 30 seconds they are up, then you're out of luck?
It's tough to say. The four champions from Breath of the Wild received reprints, but none of the other BOTW amiibos did. Nintendo never reprinted the Monster Hunter amiibos, either, and are being incredibly stingy when it comes to the new Monster Hunter and Metroid preorders. They're creating artificial demand to make people impulse buy and inflate those sales figures. The worst part is that it's not even fans of the series who are buying them, it's mostly resellers looking to make money flipping limited run amiibos to fans of the series. Bad business model for consumers all around.

Totally sucks. I thought we were over this too, and I'll believe the AC amiibo are at fault. I'd love to pre-order Loftwing, the new Metroid pack or Monster Hunter amiibo.

Everyone is reporting gamestop most likely won't have the monster hunter amiibos in store Friday. Just like with the rise amiibos they could be a week late. I guess the stores were told today. So these will be fun to get. Glad I got them through Amazon jp.

It's tough to say. The four champions from Breath of the Wild received reprints, but none of the other BOTW amiibos did. Nintendo never reprinted the Monster Hunter amiibos, either, and are being incredibly stingy when it comes to the new Monster Hunter and Metroid preorders. They're creating artificial demand to make people impulse buy and inflate those sales figures. The worst part is that it's not even fans of the series who are buying them, it's mostly resellers looking to make money flipping limited run amiibos to fans of the series. Bad business model for consumers all around.
Yeah, the 4 champions are the only ones I have. A reprint explains why they were still around but the other Breath of the Wild ones weren't.

I just remember when I'd go in the store and there was a whole aisle of Amiibos, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and Lego Dimensions. I know the others went belly up, but I expected to still see Amiibos in the stores.

Yeah, the 4 champions are the only ones I have. A reprint explains why they were still around but the other Breath of the Wild ones weren't.

I just remember when I'd go in the store and there was a whole aisle of Amiibos, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and Lego Dimensions. I know the others went belly up, but I expected to still see Amiibos in the stores.
You can blame the scalper craze for that. Your best bet for the Loftwing is going to be heading out early on release day and scouring all your local Best Buy/Target/Gamestop/etc.

Everyone is reporting gamestop most likely won't have the monster hunter amiibos in store Friday. Just like with the rise amiibos they could be a week late. I guess the stores were told today. So these will be fun to get. Glad I got them through Amazon jp.
Ugh.

At this point I hope Amazon Japan gets some extras and I can place an order there. Not going to stalk the local GameStop daily hoping they get them.

Ugh.

At this point I hope Amazon Japan gets some extras and I can place an order there. Not going to stalk the local GameStop daily hoping they get them.
Even having preordered the last set that came out for Monster Hunter Rise was a pain. I got no communication about the delay and had to call to ask about it. Then I got “if you haven’t been called we have nothing to tell you right now. Try back in a couple days.” They did eventually get them in but it was not a good experience.

Even having preordered the last set that came out for Monster Hunter Rise was a pain. I got no communication about the delay and had to call to ask about it. Then I got “if you haven’t been called we have nothing to tell you right now. Try back in a couple days.” They did eventually get them in but it was not a good experience.
They did that to me too. Said it would arrive a week or two late like everyone else. I called every other day and one day I called they said they had 2 of the 3 and had gotten them in the day before. I asked how long they would hold and they said that day was the last day, they only do 48 hours even though they were paid off. I went in and they had all 3 when I got there but what a pain.

With all this uncertainty with GameStop, and a complete inability to place pre-orders, I just caved and ordered the three Monster Hunter amiibos from Amazon Japan. Even after international shipping, it ended up being slightly cheaper than buying from GameStop. Now I don't have to drive myself nuts checking my local store in vain every day.

Guess gamestop.com didn't put the monsterbhunter amiibos up. They went from coming out 7/9 to out of stock sometime between 5 am and 530 am EST. Good luck to anyone trying in store today. I asked a couple and all said they would get them this afternoon or Monday but most only said they were getting a few. One store in a mall did claim they were getting 10+ of each.

Gamestop has/had the new Monster Hunter Amiibos online just now. I couldn't get them all to show in stock in chrome or firefox - so had to use the iOS app to add the last one and complete the order. Even saved my 2nd dip monthly cert to use! Good luck!  :hot:

a9o4pGG.png

Gamestop has/had them online just now. I couldn't get them all to show in stock in chrome or firefox - so had to use the iOS app to add the last one and complete the order. Good luck!

a9o4pGG.png
Can confirm - I was able to place an order (and cancel my Amazon JPN order from months ago), saving me ~$25.

This is the way these things should be. Nobody stressing out or websites crashing. I was actually stressed out yesterday thinking about this since I have to work and I have a meeting at 11am so I can’t get to a local GameStop to try and get these.

Awesome, managed to snag all 3 and cancel my order at Amazon.jp.  Saved me about $20 and a couple weeks of waiting for international shipping!

Lol I think most ppl went to Amazon jp to avoid the headache of tracking these down at launch, glad everyone was able to secure the bag as I did as well…kudos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered Ena and Tsukino just now for shipping.  Should be getting the CE of the game tomorrow when I go to pick up my preorder at the closest Gamestop.  I am impressed that these are up over an hour though.

So I was supposed to get up like 15 minutes ago, but slept in a little bit. I wake up to find the MH Stories 2 amiibo had been going up for pre-order on and off since like 4am? So I'm like, "Yeah, I missed those." I check the website anyway and got all 3 of them. I am so stoked! My husband loves the little sassy girl Palico lol

My local Gamestop told me yesterday that they weren't getting these today, just like everyone's Gamestops have been telling them, so thank god for online orders. This was way less painful than I figured it would be!

EDIT: oh, I guess they were listed on the site at around 4-5am EST, but didn't actually activate until like an hour ago. I'm glad they weren't actually available that early, when only scalpers and their bots are awake.

Meh. I missed the other Monster Hunter Amiibos at the last second but oh well. I'm not going to cry over the whole FOMO thing nor will I be paying scalper prices. If Amiibos are now distributed in a way where they're almost impossible to buy the normal way then I'll just miss out.

Ordered the MHS amiibo this morning. Now The hunt for the MHR amiibo begins.[attachment=35776:IMG_20210709_134636.jpg]

I hope those are for personal use and your not scalping man, know ppl who would love one

Personal use. One to use and the other for the collection. These would be long gone by now if it was the latter.

My local store got the ena amiibo in today so I picked that up, not sure if I want the cat one but I’m pretty happy with Ena and the Razewing from the CE

Since you assume I'm a weirdo. I'm going to assume you are a troll who can't afford multiple of anything. Heaven forbid you meet anyone who owns 2 cars, tvs or anything of value.
I would assume someone who owned two identical cars one to drive and one to look at to be a weirdo also.

Please stop with the vicious and hurtful attacks against mocheese... He just prefers doing things differently, there is nothing wrong with diversity... I personally feel he has a cool Monster Hunter collection there.

Please stop with the vicious and hurtful attacks against mocheese... He just prefers doing things differently, there is nothing wrong with diversity... I personally feel he has a cool Monster Hunter collection there.
Yea I was just curious myself bt no need to be hateful and bash my guy, I rather him have extra than to rip ppl off is all, you good in my book mocheese sorry for the extra back lash I caused brother

Yea I was just curious myself bt no need to be hateful and bash my guy, I rather him have extra than to rip ppl off is all, you good in my book mocheese sorry for the extra back lash I caused brother

But it’s not fair to your friends that would love a copy, for him to have two…Just kidding, mostly, neither of you did anything wrong, just my odd form of commentary on how stupid this bickering is

I hope those are for personal use and your not scalping man, know ppl who would love one

Yep, if he hadn't purchased that one extra copy for his personal collection then DOZENS of other people across the country would have magically been able to get one! Including at least 30 adorable rosy cheeked kids that only buy Monster Hunter amiibo to play with them.

God, I'll never get tired of "Everyone's a scalper except me!" Season.

Redditors on the Amiibo sub are strange people. They claim that scalpers aren't a thing with Amiibos and that everyone had a chance to buy the Monster Hunter Amiibos despite the fact they were only available for about three hours during a time of day when most people have real responsibilities. They tell people just to check their phones but don't realize that some people have real careers where you are not allowed to do that and are on video during the day so you would be fired if you got caught browsing the phone when you should be working. For some reason other companies can make enough products to satisfy demand and then do restocks but Nintendo doesn't as a way to build artificial demand. I just find it very interesting that anyone would defend how poorly distributed Amiibos are.

I saw on Reddit that some people have already received the MHS2 amiibo they ordered from Gamestop yesterday, so I checked my order status and found that Ena and Razewing are ready for carrier pick-up, while Tsukino is being packed now. That's pretty damn impressive, considering many of us figured these would be impossible to get. Still, I'm a little jealous of the people who got them today... :razz:

EDIT: didn't see someone on here got them already, too. Congrats! I hope they ship my Loftwing and Zelda joy-cons soon!

I have a feeling there isn't going to be a great profit margin for the MHS2 Amoebas  :p ie - the way it's supposed to be - one to open and play with, another to display (and all bought @ MSRP!)

qdpE0hQ.png

I have a feeling there isn't going to be a great profit margin for the MHS2 Amoebas :p ie - the way it's supposed to be - one to open and play with, another to display and all at MSRP!

qdpE0hQ.png
Your store got a LOT more than mine. Tho my store doesn't have any other amiibo anyway, but they only got 3 each of Rathalos and Ena, and 1 of the other amiibo.

bread's done
Back