Amiibos are available for pre-order on Amazon.ca, $13.99 each

EvilMario

CAGiversary!
Scroll down a few items to see them.

Jue2ZdJ.png

Not a deal, but I figured people would want to know. We're a week behind Amazon.com, but judging by how well they're selling there, you might want to get any pre-orders in now.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're buying one of each and giving a good chunk of them away as gifts. To me, the quality looks pretty good for the price. Better than the typical low quality Nintendo stuff you see at Toys 'R' Us which runs a similar price, but an obvious step down from Nendoroids and other figures.. which cost three times as much.

Looking pretty sweet! I don't have a Wii U, but honestly would love to collect these as part of a figurines collection.

Looking pretty sweet! I don't have a Wii U, but honestly would love to collect these as part of a figurines collection.
They will work with 3DS as well (via an adapter) and natively with *New* 3DS. But so far all we really know is what they do with Smash. Buying them more for collecting (we have a lot of figures) than having high hopes about game integration.

They will work with 3DS as well (via an adapter) and natively with *New* 3DS. But so far all we really know is what they do with Smash. Buying them more for collecting (we have a lot of figures) than having high hopes about game integration.
These will work with Mario Kart 8 in an update during 2015, Other planned games include Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Also there may be variants of characters (For instance we may see a Wool Yoshi amiibo for the release of Yoshi's Wooly World) and these may unlock small things in other games.

These will work with Mario Kart 8 in an update during 2015, Other planned games include Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Also there may be variants of characters (For instance we may see a Wool Yoshi amiibo for the release of Yoshi's Wooly World) and these may unlock small things in other games.
I know the planned games, but we really have no context on what they will be used for other than 'stuff'. I imagine it is like you said it will be small things for most games and probably more stat tracking in Mario Kart like they are used for in Smash Bros.

bread's done
Back