'Amy' is Survival Horror Evolved - Coming January 17th!

Very frustrated that this is more on PSN than XBL. I hope the dev's realize their mistake and correct the price or offer some sort of bonus to PSN purchasers to make it worth the extra cash.

Their reason kind of makes sense I guess, but I wonder if putting it at $10 would increase sales enough for it to be worth to them. A lot of people are probably just going to wait for a sale anyways.

Huh. Interesting. See, now that I've seen it explained, I'm willing to accept the larger price. Ah, the wonders of communication.

Hi all, thank you very much for your commitment in the recent discussions over the price of AMY in the US.

70% of the voters advocated for a price drop. Honoring our commitment, we asked Sony to drop the price of the PSN version in the US to $9.99.

Because of technical constrained of the PSN Store linked to the servers, this price change will postpone the release of the PSN version of AMY in the US to next week, Jan 17, 2012. This price drop will not affect the release of AMY in the other territories, or on other platforms, as the release date for the XBLA version is still slated for January 11, 2012, for 800 MS points in the US

We sincerely apologize for the confusion, and especially to those of you who have been supporting us for months and who would have liked a immediate release.

Once again, the initial move might have been awkward, but it was a good-faith attempt to balance the price difference of MS Points that are more expensive in Europe that in the US. We now realize that we won't be the ones to find a fair solution to avoid European players to pay their games at a higher price than in the US, as has been the case for years. But at least we tried...

We thank you for your understanding. We now hope that you will have real pleasure playing AMY. This would be our best reward.

PS1: We need to precise that we never announced AMY as a PSN exclusive. Even though it's true that Sony has been giving us a tremendous support, we've always announced AMY for the PSN, XBLA and PC (coming in several months). AMY has even been awarded "Game of Show" at E3 by XBLAFans.

PS2: To those of you who believe this was an attempt to make a few more bucks, we need to precise that we initially wanted to sell AMY at 1200 points, but this would have meant a high price for European players. In addition, we believe AMY is a full game that could have been sold at a regular price at retail but we chose to go digital.

Facebook

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i still think siren: blood curse is the better horror game[/QUOTE]

So you've actually played this game? Dumbass.

At least we will have a week's worth of Xbox 360 impressions before we get a crack at it.

I still don't entirely understand their justification of the higher PS3 price... because xbox points costs more in europe they thought that charging more for the PS3 version in the US would offset this?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']So you've actually played this game? Dumbass.[/QUOTE]
Wow what a grouch.

I was looking forward to this, too, but the reviews are so thorough and seem like they try to say something nice, but there just isn't anything nice to say.

Anyone see what Destructoid posted?

http://www.destructoid.com/psa-do-not-buy-amy-today-219488.phtml
"Rare is the occasion where I feel I have to "spoil" my review before it goes live, but I feel it's my civic duty to warn you not to buy AMY on Xbox Live today. Despite very promising trailers and details, it turns out that AMY is already a shoe-in for the worst game of the year.

I could talk about the fact that AMY's sparsely spread checkpoints do not save your game progress (it only saves by chapter and there are five chapters), I could talk about the controls that make characters stick to walls and random bits of floor, I could talk about stealth gameplay that appears to be inspired by Vampire f*cking Rain ... but I don't want to just write the entire review here.

Basically, imagine everything you hated about survival horror, minus anything you might have loved. That's AMY. It would crush my soul to think of anybody purchasing this, because it is, as far as I'm concerned, outright theft to charge $10 for this.

A review will come once I find a way to fight through this horrific joke of a game. In the meantime, you can download the trial and see it for yourself. The one good thing I can say about AMY is that even the introductory cutscene is a stuttering load of poorly animated shit, so at least it's not trying to completely fool you."

It's a far cry from the description provided during the pricing discussion. One of the guys on the team said, "First of all, we believe AMY is probably one of the most ambitious games on the PSN and XBLA. With 8 to 10 hours of gameplay, an innovative approach to the survival horror genre and a level of graphic details rarely seen on downloadable console titles, Paul Cuisset and his team at VectorCell created a very unique game."

Painful.

And to Quote myself from the first page.

[quote name='DoubleEcksZero']Sounds like every single other survival horror game ever, in fact it sounds like a very generic cookie cutter version of other survival horror games from what I've read thus far. Lame.[/QUOTE]

And you called me a hater, suckers! Whos laughing now, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Ha! HA! *Cough* HA!!!!one111!!one!!!111one!!

[quote name='johnnypark']I was looking forward to this, too, but the reviews are so thorough and seem like they try to say something nice, but there just isn't anything nice to say.

It's a far cry from the description provided during the pricing discussion. One of the guys on the team said, "First of all, we believe AMY is probably one of the most ambitious games on the PSN and XBLA. With 8 to 10 hours of gameplay, an innovative approach to the survival horror genre and a level of graphic details rarely seen on downloadable console titles, Paul Cuisset and his team at VectorCell created a very unique game."

Painful.[/QUOTE]

You mean somebody who worked on the game wanted to sell you something so he said nice things about it?

*gasp*

Edit: I was kinda excited for this game too, when it goes on sale at least, so it's a shame this game is a bad. But then again the developer(VectorCell) behind it has only made 1 game so far, Mister Slime. Which doesn't look that good from the gameplay I saw on Youtube. Not only that the Paul Cuissets "Flashback" was, at the time, just a rip off of Another World. Another World, BTW, was the game most people cite as an influence to them.

Another thing to note is this guys name/game is taking credit for Eric Chahi's games.(probably not on purpose though) In the citation in the wikipedia page that says Suda 51's favorite game is Another World, in the actual video he says he's a fan of Eric Chahi's Another World(called Outerworld in Europe) and Flashback, even though Chahi had nothing to do with Flashback. I think Suda says it like he's more a fan of Eric Chahi's Another World, and then just adds Flashback since many people confuse it as Another Worlds sequel.

So no, Flashback is not something many game developers, as it states in the OP, cites as a source of great inspiration. Guy who wrote the PSN blog messed up.

(Other developers who supposedly cite Another World as an inspiration for them (though Wikipedia has no sources for them except Suda 51) : Hideo Kojima (MGS series) and Fumito Ueda(ICO and Shadow of the Colossus))

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='johnnypark']I was looking forward to this, too, but the reviews are so thorough and seem like they try to say something nice, but there just isn't anything nice to say.

Painful.[/QUOTE]

jim sterling is fat whiny brit who needs to stop writing reviews.he did not even finish the game because it was too hard. even though the game is bad i still want to try it and judge it for myself.

It's ok guys. The developers said that we just aren't good enough to play it and it's too hard

Destructoid released an update to their review in light of these allegations from the developer

http://www.destructoid.com/amy-dev-claims-its-game-is-just-hard-instead-of-crap--219848.phtml

AMY was released on Xbox Live Arcade last week to an utter hailstorm of negative reviews. The game currently sits at 22% on Metacritic, and is well on its way to being a "worst game of the year" contender. Thankfully, Lexis Numerique has learned a thing or two about PR from the Hydrophobia guys.

That's right. AMY isn't bad ... we're just not ready for its jelly.

"As many of you have already heard, AMY is a HARD game. Some people totally disliked that while other really enjoyed it," claims the game's Facebook. "We believe this is part of the survival experience we tried to build as we wanted the game to be challenging. However, we actively listen to the community and comments and hence recommend the non-hard core gamers to launch the game in EASY mode (in the settings) for now.

"This will give them a much more pleasant and smoother experience, especially as the checkpoints are scarce."

Destructoid can confirm that the Easy setting does not fix repetitive animations, glitches, lack of player feedback, disrespectful save system, disgusting controls, awful voice acting, graphical stuttering, characters sticking to walls, agonizing A.I., dark visuals, or the ability for players to break the game by performing actions out of sequence.

It can also be confirmed that snotty, snide little public statements won't stop your game being fucking shite.

The game sucks, I've played the demo and i can confirm that it is horrible.

What's funny is that the game has nearly 5 stars on the PSN store. So either all the reviewers are just trashing AMY for no good reason, or the devs bought some copies of AMY on their PSN accounts to boost its score.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']What's funny is that the game has nearly 5 stars on the PSN store. So either all the reviewers are just trashing AMY for no good reason, or the devs bought some copies of AMY on their PSN accounts to boost its score.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, it's BAD. Do not buy it please. If you have a 360 or know someone with one then get the demo from there first and make up your own mind, but I wouldn't take this game free.

I have both systems but I figured I should post this HERE because people with only a ps3 don't have the benefit of playing a demo as there isn't one on psn. The people in the 360 forum probably already know what a piece of crap this game is from the demo that is on 360

bread's done
Back