AMZ DotW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 25th Anniversary CE Blu-ray - $27.99

As much as I don't want to dissuade anyone from buying TMNT movies (the TMNT were 60% of my childhood), the packaging for this set is absolutely horrendous. None of the movies comes in a case, they're all in a cardboard box (as pictured). Take a look at the pics on Amazon and decide if that's something you're OK with before purchasing. I'd be all over this if it was just four movies in a slipcover.

Just a heads up.

Hmmm, I'll have to think about this one since I'd like to get the movies on Blu-Ray and the price is right. To me I'm fine with the case as I have other sites in weird cases already but I'm just debating if I want to spend the money or not right now. Thanks for posting this either way OP.

I bought this last year during Black Friday, but it wasn't an easy decision to make. I too wasn't fond of the packaging but not because they didn't come in standard cases, but rather how big the box looked for it. Now that I own it though, I don't think the case is that big and I think the cardboard packaging is very cool. It's supposed to represent a Pizza box (even opens like one) and has grease spots and all. It's very neat. Each disc art even features a different pizza. The extras included are pretty nice too including a comic book and a beanie hat.

For all 4 movies, and the extras $28 is a great price

random (but cute) unboxing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yilGzl0732E

What ssjmichael said was pretty spot on about the packaging, I just wish they could have put the disc in some sort of removable container. I keep all the extras in there still and haven't opened them yet, so when I need my TMNT fix it gets a little frustrating.

Great price, thanks for posting OP!

I would love to see the 1st TMNT movie in HD but it's not worth buying this whole set with movies III and TMNT. Think they'll release each movie by themselves one day?

[quote name='br26']that ain't worth 28 dollars, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Even if we didn't include the comic, beanie and character cards, we're talking about $7 a movie. I honestly don't know how you can say that isn't worth it. If you aren't a fan of the movies that's fine, but if you are, you'd be crazy to think that's a bad deal, especially since you can't get the original trilogy separately (and they wouldn't be $7 a piece either)

This set sells for over $40 new consistently on ebay btw (and ~$35 for used copies)

[quote name='E_Man']I would love to see the 1st TMNT movie in HD but it's not worth buying this whole set with movies III and TMNT. Think they'll release each movie by themselves one day?[/QUOTE]

I hope so. It's been 2 years since this set was released!

I heard the transfers aren't even that great anyway, wish WB would spend some money to remaster them and throw in some extras as well.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Even if we didn't include the comic, beanie and character cards, we're talking about $7 a movie. I honestly don't know how you can say that isn't worth it. If you aren't a fan of the movies that's fine, but if you are, you'd be crazy to think that's a bad deal, especially since you can't get the original trilogy separately (and they wouldn't be $7 a piece either)

This set sells for over $40 new consistently on ebay btw (and ~$35 for used copies)[/QUOTE]

like someone else said, maybe i'd get it for 8 bucks cheaper. the overall package and presentation of the set just doesn't appeal to me.

I bought this a long time ago when it was on sale for like $35. I love the set. It is still in mint condition, despite it being a box, but I do take care of my things. At this price, any TMNT fan should hop on it

I swear I remember paying < $20 for this at BJ's around Black Friday last year, but maybe it was a little more expensive than that. Either way, it was worth what I paid for it, but not quite this much, especially considering there's only one decent movie (the first one) and one just ok movie (the fourth one) in the set.

Got this for free through WB's rewards program. It is a sweet set. while the casing is..well cheap..its still very unique and I love unique cases. Even the Turtles cartoon seasons had some pretty sweet casings. If your a fan definitely worth the price. And the beanie and cards are a sweet bonus

I'd like to have the first two movies, but the third one and the new one really isn't of interest to me. If anyone wants to sell me the first two you can keep the rest. (Long shot, I know)

"On August 4, 2009, the film was included in a special 25th-anniversary boxset...In this release (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III) is given the subtitle Turtles in Time, previously a common misnomer by fans confusing it with the video-game by the same name." ---Wikipedia

I was wondering about that. I wonder if any other films have been renamed upon home release based solely on common misconception.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Not one of these movies are 25 years old.[/QUOTE]

It's celebrating the anniversary of TMNT, which had its comic debut in 1984.....

Ordered, I can't imagine how many times I watches these movies when I was growing up. My son plays with my old TMNT toys from the 90s, now he can see the movies. Thanks OP!

I can't roll with that packaging, terrible and bulky on a shelf.

And honestly? TMNT was kinda cool but not a homerun, and the only movie that's good is the first one. The second is way cheesier and the third flat out blows.

Anyone read the new comic book? pretty solid, even with the new origin.

Just finished watching the 2nd. It's a total blast, I like it more than the first even, but they're both great, albeit silly, movies in my book.

Ah! In for 1! Thanks OP!
First movie was awesome, second was cheesy but still watchable. Ummm.....that 3rd one really sucked.......and TMNT was alot better than I thought it would be. To have these on Blu for this price is great!

DVD version's only *slightly* better in the packaging, but not by much. They basically come in a zip-up disc holder, shaped like a manhole cover. Sadly, neither one comes with any actual individual cases. DVD one also comes with four bandannas, representing the four turtles each, as well as a set of tattoos.

[quote name='Tsukento']DVD version's only *slightly* better in the packaging, but not by much. They basically come in a zip-up disc holder, shaped like a manhole cover. Sadly, neither one comes with any actual individual cases. DVD one also comes with four bandannas, representing the four turtles each, as well as a set of tattoos.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was thinking of other things they could have done and some sort of Manhole cover was one thing I came up with.

I thought maybe a Steelbook with a cool manhole cover on the front with the logo in the middle, all metal. And as another bonus, a keychain that looks like one of those Ooze containers, perhaps with moving ooze inside!

51Azng%2BSpkL.jpg

This is pretty much what the DVD set looks like. It's alright, but I definitely would have preferred at least a thin pack release.

The previous DVD set for TMNT (non-25th anniversary , only the original 3 movies) comes with actual cases , not sure how it compares in quality or extras to the 25th anniversary DVD set. Not that it really matters anyway since most people are gonna want it on blu now instead of DVD.

bread's done
Back