[AMZ]Ocarina of Time 3DS $20 Promo Credit

Paladinion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Amazon just sent me a email stating that I have received a $20 promo credit good towards "select" 3DS game for purchasing OOT for the 3DS. As far as I was aware, I didnt see any kind of offering so this was definitely news to me.

dealpromo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF! awesome deal if everyone got this, i didnt get mine from amazon this time

edit: nevermind saw its a credit toward 3ds games

From what I understand, this is so that people who pre-ordered Ocarina of Time before they did the "Buy Zelda Get Another 50% off" are able to partake in the promotion as well, since $20 is 50% off 3DS games retail.

[quote name='scottman']Possibly a good deal if you wait and another game goes on sale before 9/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Im hoping that The Mercenaries gets added next week.

hah awesome. I found out about their 50% off a 2nd game last night and talked to CS about that and they honored it last night. Now I wake up and find this 20$ credit email sitting in my inbox...Thanks amazon!

Your best bet might actually be getting it off ebay or something, if you want it cheap. A lot of people got it on release day in order to get the soundtrack apparently, so I would assume that they might be selling the game a little cheaper than normal.

[quote name='wakarukaya']Your best bet might actually be getting it off ebay or something, if you want it cheap. A lot of people got it on release day in order to get the soundtrack apparently, so I would assume that they might be selling the game a little cheaper than normal.[/QUOTE]

I looked it's mostly just $33-$40....I'm 15 lol my mom just bought me the SSFIV AE so I can't ask again FFFFFU and my birthday isn't till August:drool::drool::drool:

I am going to guess not for a LONG time will there be a price drop on zelda unless the 3DS completely implodes. Super Mario 64 DS was a DS LAUNCH title, and it still retails for $30. New Super Mario Bros has never really come down, Mario Kart hasn't come down, etc.

Probably the only reason were getting deals on 3DS games is that the hardware sales are fairly below expectations and this is an attempt to stimulate them.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I am going to guess not for a LONG time will there be a price drop on zelda unless the 3DS completely implodes. Super Mario 64 DS was a DS LAUNCH title, and it still retails for $30. New Super Mario Bros has never really come down, Mario Kart hasn't come down, etc.

Probably the only reason were getting deals on 3DS games is that the hardware sales are fairly below expectations and this is an attempt to stimulate them.[/QUOTE]

Dang :cry: I guess I can just hope for a sale to come I would get the Buy OoT and get the other game 50% off but I don't want another game

Can you use this for pre-orders?

I'm not sure if anything I want is going to be released before September 30th

[quote name='Raiders4life']Anyone know how long it'll be till OoT drops in price? I really want it :l[/QUOTE]

Twilight Princess didn't drop price until 5 years after its release, I wouldn't hold your breath, but I think it's very likely you will see a deal like "buy a 3DS get Ocarina free" around Christmas time.

I'm gonna sit on this for a bit.
See if they offer more games or reduced prices on the current titles. I have a feeling one of the 2 should happen especially if it's still good until sept.

Plus if it gets canned before then sure amazon will just give me 20 credit if I contact customer service.

i might call and see if they will still acknowledge the credit if i buy it now. i had originally had it preordered it preordered but cancelled and got it at gamestop due to the soundtrack stuff. can just return to gamestop if it works out and get rayman or something cheap.

[quote name='Ray5555']Yeah I got this in my email today. It ends 9/30/2011[/QUOTE]

Same almost used it on Dream Trigger, but may save it for Resident Evil Mercenaries when it's released, hopefully it's added to the list of eligible games.

Not good for preorders unfortunately, only good for the games that are in the list in the email then send you. Im hoping The Mercenaries gets added to it next week, picking tht up for 20 bucks would be pimpin.

[quote name='gauu']i might call and see if they will still acknowledge the credit if i buy it now. i had originally had it preordered it preordered but cancelled and got it at gamestop due to the soundtrack stuff. can just return to gamestop if it works out and get rayman or something cheap.[/QUOTE]

Rofl, why on earth would they honor a credit for inconveniencing you when you didn't even buy anything from them?

[quote name='Raiders4life']Anyone know how long it'll be till OoT drops in price? I really want it :l[/QUOTE]

You'll probably only have to wait 6 years for an official drop :p

It'll probably be $30 sometime this summer, and $20 for black friday. Also there will likely be more buy X get X off or buy X get X free deals on 3DS games. Those will be more viable once the better games start releasing on the handheld.

cause i cancelled the day of release aka sunday when i called them and they said they couldnt guarantee it would arrive by monday night. they have honored things in the past before so it cant hurt asking.

Too bad Amazon sent this out too late. I had already cancelled my Amazon order because I took up Target on the Buy Zelda, get one half off (I bought two Zelda's an sold one on eBay, so mine only cost about $25).

[quote name='KemperJones']I get the feeling this is Amazon saying, "Please, don't return your copy just because you didn't get the soundtrack."[/QUOTE]

Amazon was pretty quick with those. Got mine on Monday, even though I got it with 2-day shipping. Just in time for the soundtrack offer. :)

[quote name='Dozens']Amazon was pretty quick with those. Got mine on Monday, even though I got it with 2-day shipping. Just in time for the soundtrack offer. :)[/QUOTE]

You were lucky then, I didn't get my copy in time for the soundtrack and I'm pissed.

Does anyone think they will update the titles on this list before the promotion ends? I don't want to be a junk game for the sake of buying a junk game so I'd rather hold out for awhile

[quote name='xmrblondex']super monkey ball is not on the promotion page.[/QUOTE]

The $20 credit works on it and is applied at checkout, I know, I ordered it.

proof.jpg

It's great that you can get Rayman free but my dilemma is that I'd rather one of the other titles like Ridge Racer, BlazBlue, or even Steel Diver. The promotional credit is good until September 30 so maybe some of the other titles will drop to $20 before then.

Does anyone know if Rayman is $20 from a price drop or is it a temporary sale? If it's a permanent price drop I might wait to see if another titles drops before September 30 knowing that I can at least get Rayman free if that doesn't happen.

It's still $30 on Gamestop and $27 on Wal-Mart & Target's sites, so it might not be a universal drop. It is $19.99 on Best Buy's site, but that could just be matching Amazon.

bread's done
Back