An almost epic RPG pick up at Gamestop

superdry

CAGiversary!
The GS near my workplace somehow got stocked on a bunch of used rare and semi-rare PS2 RPG and SRPG games over a span of a few days. If I didn't have a lot of them already, it would have been my purchase of the year.

This is what the store had:
1) DDS1 (picked up on friday)
2) Nocturne (picked up on friday)
3) Stella Deus
4) La Pucelle Tactics
5) Makai Kingdom
6) Persona 3 (with the artbox and artbook!)
7) Atelier Iris 1
8) Phantom Brave (x2 copies, one had the soundtrack)
9) Growlanser Generations

I picked up Stella Deus and La Pucelle Tactics today for cheap with the current 10% off coupon (happy that they were still on shelf after a few days). Both copies of the game were complete and in excellent condition (just some dust on the game). Now, I have a sealed Stella Deus and a copy to play.

But, the rest of the games, were also complete and in great condition. The PS2 cases had very little wear. I guess someone wanted to offload these.

One of the assistant managers and I were talking about all these games getting traded in, and she was also surprised that someone would do that.

Oh, and the store had Marvel vs. Capcom 2 PS2 complete and in excellent condition too.

[quote name='superdry']But, the rest of the games, were also complete and in great condition. The PS2 cases had very little wear. I guess someone wanted to offload these.[/QUOTE]
Not to rain on the excellent pickup parade, but Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga were recently reprinted. Check to see if the cases are the newer flimsy, memory card slot-less variety and you'll know for sure.

Nice pickup on the complete Persona 3 & Growlanser though (albeit the latter may not be 'worth' as much).

Yeah some nice pickups and must haves for any rpg collection but its not quite epic. If those are for personal use its a nice pickup assuming you got em for cheap.

Most of em are $20-30 i think. How much did you pay for all of it?

Well, to clear up some confusion, I mentioned that it was an almost epic pick up because of what I saw at one gamestop, but I had most of the games already. If I didn't have most of them, then it would have been a sweet pickup.

Out of the list, I picked up Stella Deus ($16.50 and I still have a sealed copy that I never got around opening) and La Pucelle Tactics ($13.50, I have finally completed all the PS2 NIS produced/published titles released in the US) yesterday. DDS1 and Nocturne I picked up on Friday with the 10% off coupon. They were definitey the reprints, but I knew about the reprint (Now I just need to find a sealed DDS1 and the copy of Nocturne I sold to a friend at cost since I already have my copy).

I had the GS employee ringing up me to take the discs out so I could look at them even though I wasn't going to buy most of them (he was cool since he knew me and the store was slow that hour).

I just very surprised seeing all those complete, essentially mint used RPGs at one GS. Yes, those games you can find used at various gamestops, but most of the time Ive seen them scratched up and/or not complete.

bread's done
Back