An Example of Good Customer Service

Its a nice story, but it was also the easier and cheaper route for Nintendo to take. That wasn't about the customer it was smoke and mirrors from a CSR that happened to take a call from a local

[quote name='Wombat']Its a nice story, but it was also the easier and cheaper route for Nintendo to take. That wasn't about the customer it was smoke and mirrors from a CSR that happened to take a call from a local[/quote]
How is it the cheaper route?

[quote name='yukine']How is it the cheaper route?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo didn't have to pay for any shipping, thats real cost killer for them

[quote name='Wombat']Nintendo didn't have to pay for any shipping, thats real cost killer for them[/quote]
I suppose, but it'd technically cost Nintendo more in the long run to have employees sitting in that customer service building instead of paying for the shipment from and to the factory. Shipping can't be that much.

[quote name='Wombat']Nintendo didn't have to pay for any shipping, thats real cost killer for them[/quote] I suppose that's true, but I doubt the CSR had an ulterior motive to save Nintendo a few bucks on shipping...

...unless Nintendo brainwashes their employees.

[quote name='yukine']I suppose that's true, but I doubt the CSR had an ulterior motive to save Nintendo a few bucks on shipping...

...unless Nintendo brainwashes their employees.[/QUOTE]

there is a good chance they do, I know thats the case with microsoft from when my 360 broke down

You have to be kidding, Wombat.

Working in CSR, people would kill for this kind of service were it more common. The laptop place I did stuff for had numerous calls from people asking if they could bring the system in for repair because they were less than a few miles from the plant. Our response was always no, you have to pay shipping.

It would be 10-15 bucks just to have the poor SOB send it less than a few miles, and even then it got delayed getting sent back.

Is it earth shattering? No. But it's heads and shoulders above some of the other crap I've dealt with.

Lol Wombat you sure are cynical. That was cool as shit....really sweet. Even if it was to save Nintendo some money it still looks better in comparison to " other" costumer services.

Yeah, that'd be nice.
This is interesting too:
"In those 25 minutes, they'd transferred all of my Miis, friends, and saved games from the old console to a new one. She logged on to make sure my 500 points transferred to the shopping channel."
He doesn't specifically say, but I wonder if he had any VC games--I had heard that if your console goes down, any VC games you owned are lost, which really sucks. If they can transfer all this, I don't see why they can't transfer VC games.

Nintendo has usually been excellent to their customers and were never scared of shipping costs. When Mario Party came out for the N64, they shipped out free gloves on request after people complained that the thumbstick gave them blisters. And when Perfect Dark's initial cartridge run proved moderately defective, Nintendo sent a truck to the front door of anyone who had one and did a face-to-face exchange. The link is an amazing story, especially when malfunctioning PS1's and 2's were sent back to Sony at customer cost + $120. An apology for a 30 minute wait? Being greeted by Pikachu and Mario? Come on. Cynicism only goes so far.

This makes me feel good inside.

This gives me faith in mankind.

After reading this I feel like a world with fairies and rainbows and unicorns is truly just around the corner.

Hey Guys
what do u guys think of the new starwars?, Force unleashed. Im a big fan of jedi themed games and wileding a lightsaber, are you? and do you think the lightsaber game all wii owners have been wating for will be comming out in 2007?

What I find more interesting about the story is that they have a walk-in customer service location on their campus. Most larger companies have offices all over the world and they may indeed be a parts center or a distribution point, but rarely can you walk in and do something. There's a pretty well-known laptop repair center in Massachusetts that was literally a few blocks from me. When I first setup my account with them, I wanted to drop off my laptop and they had to get back to me because they sincerely didn't know what to do. They were used to things coming in multiples on trucks at the receiving zone. What are they going to do with a single laptop that comes through the front door?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

[quote name='evangelion11']Hey Guys
what do u guys think of the new starwars?, Force unleashed. Im a big fan of jedi themed games and wileding a lightsaber, are you? and do you think the lightsaber game all wii owners have been wating for will be comming out in 2007?[/quote]

wtf?

[quote name='Scorch']wtf?[/quote]

Don't know, but you'd think for a guy that registered a month before, that he'd know which board to post in about that stuff.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Question: why the fuck does this thread have a Wal-Mart logo?[/QUOTE]
Because one day Wal-Mart will own Nintendo...along with every other company

bread's done
Back