An ignorant man-child will post in this OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tiredfornow']You can get a scholarship for being left handed? Where the fuck do I sign up for this?[/QUOTE]
There are lots of scholarships for minorities, but since you got traded i guess that's not gonna happen. Actually i've never gotten any that i applied for either.

I don't really want to go anywhere else. Not interested in out of state.

I applied to UF, and I'm going to apply UCF and FGCU (a local university, just in case something happens and I can't move away). My other two interests would be FSU and USF, but I don't want to go all the way to Tallahassee and I don't want to live in Tampa. I don't mean to sound conceited, but I'm not too worried about being accepted, at least to UCF, which is my second choice behind UF.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Who wants to help me with my statistics homework?[/QUOTE]
And can you help me do mine too?

[quote name='Rocko']I don't really want to go anywhere else. Not interested in out of state.

I applied to UF, and I'm going to apply UCF and FGCU (a local university, just in case something happens and I can't move away). My other two interests would be FSU and USF, but I don't want to go all the way to Tallahassee and I don't want to live in Tampa. I don't mean to sound conceited, but I'm not too worried about being accepted, at least to UCF, which is my second choice behind UF.[/QUOTE]

Curiously, why not? UF is a great school, but greater education opportunities exist outside of Florida and I think it would be a shame to let talents go to waste and not even give other colleges a chance.

A combination of not really being sure how I'll pay for school in-state as it is, and not wanting to go so far away.

[quote name='darthbudge']fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck.

What kind of fucking bullshit is this? Almost 5 months ago, my parents applied for a parent plus loan for my schooling. They were approved within like 2 weeks and I was told I was going to get about $12,000 for the year. That, plus the loans in my name was just about the right amount to get me through the year.

Well about 20 days ago the parent plus loan was supposed to come in, but never did. So my parents called and asked what was up, they were told that it was a mistake in the system and that we would receive the check in about a week. So today my mom gets a letter in the mail saying that my parents were rejected for the parent plus loan, some four months after they were approved for it and more than 30 days after school had already started.

So they up my loan amount slightly, but I am now about $2,000 short for the semester and it will be the same for every semester after this. I am probably gonna get a job and make up for it, but what if I couldn't? How the fuck can they get away with accepting someone and then rejecting them 20 days after you were supposed to receive the money.

fuck.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the JW organization have grants or scholarships for its people?

[quote name='Rocko']A combination of not really being sure how I'll pay for school in-state as it is, and not wanting to go so far away.[/QUOTE]

Do your parents make a lot of money? Single parent? Lots of siblings? Private universities, especially the more esteemed ones, give out a LOT of aid. I know for a fact for many people it ends up being the case that it is actually cheaper to go to a private university based on merit aid than a public university.

[quote name='tiredfornow']That's a mighty high gamerscore you have there, Bmac1775. How'd you achieve such a high score with only six games on your gamercard?[/QUOTE]

Look at his zone. He's a Pro. That's how.

I can't do shit, Moxio. They wouldn't even tell my mom what was going on because my dad was the primary person behind the loan. He has already talked to them several times and they won't do anything.

[quote name='Moxio']Do your parents make a lot of money? Single parent? Lots of siblings? Private universities, especially the more esteemed ones, give out a LOT of aid. I know for a fact for many people it ends up being the case that it is actually cheaper to go to a private university based on merit aid than a public university.[/QUOTE]
No, no, and none.

That's interesting to look into, though. The real problem is going to be paying for housing/living, as my tuition is paid for entirely through the state due to my GPA/SAT scores/community service, for public schools. Another reason why I'm looking into public Florida schools.

[quote name='Rocko']No, no, and none.

That's interesting to look into, though. The real problem is going to be paying for housing/living, as my tuition is paid for entirely through the state due to my GPA/SAT scores/community service, for public schools. Another reason why I'm looking into public Florida schools.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the case of public schools, room and board costs significantly more than tuition, which is a very deceptive aspect of public universities.

I know you didn't really ask for my opinion and it seems your mind is set, but I'll be frank: you should apply to at least a couple of good public universities (the bigger the endowment the better). It's definitely worth seeing how much you get. The extra $100-$150 you might spend on a few more apps definitely doesn't compare for shit for the thousands you'll be paying for college on the greater scale, so it's definitely worth a shot.

This looks pretty easy, but for some reason I have no idea what to do, (and my textbook is providing no help at all) so if anybody wants to help please do:

Six winners for a door prize will be selected at random, wihtout replacement from a list containing 6 men and 5 women.

a) How many different sets of six winners can be selected for the door prize?
I figure this one out already. I did 11!/6!(11-6)! and got 462.

b) How many different sets of six winners consisting of 3 men and 3 women can be selected for door prizes?

c) How many different sets of six winners consisting of more men than women can be selected for door prizes?

I don't know how I would use the formula from a, in b or c.

I threw up in my friends living room today. Choked on my sonic drink, other dumbass friend tried to give me the Heimlich, I throw up all over dude's floor. It was glorious.

My gamer buddy let me borrow Physchonauts today. I'm pretty excited to finally play through it.

[quote name='Moxio']ya dude, we r like internet partners who juss like to hate an shit....[/QUOTE]:lol:

[quote name='Moxio']Do your parents make a lot of money? Single parent? Lots of siblings? Private universities, especially the more esteemed ones, give out a LOT of aid. I know for a fact for many people it ends up being the case that it is actually cheaper to go to a private university based on merit aid than a public university.[/QUOTE]

Yep. A friend of mine is paying only ~$1500 out of the normal ~$20,000 per semester her private school normally costs.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']This looks pretty easy, but for some reason I have no idea what to do, (and my textbook is providing no help at all) so if anybody wants to help please do:

Six winners for a door prize will be selected at random, wihtout replacement from a list containing 6 men and 5 women.

a) How many different sets of six winners can be selected for the door prize?
I figure this one out already. I did 11!/6!(11-6)! and got 462.

b) How many different sets of six winners consisting of 3 men and 3 women can be selected for door prizes?

c) How many different sets of six winners consisting of more men than women can be selected for door prizes?

I don't know how I would use the formula from a, in b or c.[/QUOTE]
For b, can't you just get the probability of getting three men and just multiply it by the probability of getting three women?
If that's the case, do the same for 4 men and 2 women for c.

I haven't done stats for years, by the way, so it's your decision whether or not to listen to my guess.

I haven't personally tried this method, Mojimbo, but here's what I found on the matter:

Download DriveSort here: http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php. Then, go to Disk -> Open, select your flashcart's drive letter, select Folder -> Sort, and finally Folder -> Save.

I can't endorse the program or anything, so be careful it doesn't mess your shit up.

EDIT: Have you looked into YSMenu?

[quote name='The Mango Kite']I suggest using Facebook or join geek2geek. Geek2Geek is a great place to meet women and other people just looking for friends. Plenty of adults there.[/QUOTE]

Ahahahaha.

Whoa sweet .. a Clash of the Titans remake is in the works.

@dbudge - just cause you're away from home and can do bucket loads of coke doesn't mean you should.

[quote name='Liquid 2']For b, can't you just get the probability of getting three men and just multiply it by the probability of getting three women?
If that's the case, do the same for 4 men and 2 women for c.

I haven't done stats for years, by the way, so it's your decision whether or not to listen to my guess.[/QUOTE]

So for b, would I just do 6!/3!(6-3)! x 5!/3!(5-3)! = 800?

Im not sure if that sounds right.

Thanks, Moxio. No, I'm just using the updated default loader thing.

---

Check out the shots of Liam Neeson as Zeus, Marklershed. :shock:

[quote name='Moxio']Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the case of public schools, room and board costs significantly more than tuition, which is a very deceptive aspect of public universities.

I know you didn't really ask for my opinion and it seems your mind is set, but I'll be frank: you should apply to at least a couple of good public universities (the bigger the endowment the better). It's definitely worth seeing how much you get. The extra $100-$150 you might spend on a few more apps definitely doesn't compare for shit for the thousands you'll be paying for college on the greater scale, so it's definitely worth a shot.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming you meant private? I'm not sure where to look. I mean, I'm intelligent, but I wouldn't waste my time applying to a place like Harvard where the standards are so unfathomably high. And yeah, room and board costs are through the roof.

[quote name='Mojimbo']
Check out the shots of Liam Neeson as Zeus, Marklershed. :shock:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just saw that on AICN. The three sisters looks pretty cool too. There was a really good Clash of the Gods episode on History a few weeks ago about Medusa that pretty much recounted the facts behind the Clash of the Titans. I recommend checking out to anyone thats interested in Greek mythology.

Unrelated: Senorwoohoo lit up my life when I saw this rap video he made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aae_HL6OenA

[quote name='Maklershed']Yeah I just saw that on AICN. The three sisters looks pretty cool too. There was a really good Clash of the Gods episode on History a few weeks ago about Medusa that pretty much recounted the facts behind the Clash of the Titans. I recommend checking out to anyone thats interested in Greek mythology.

Unrelated: Senorwoohoo lit up my life when I saw this rap video he made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aae_HL6OenA[/QUOTE]

Nice motorbike.

Seth Rogan has lost a ton of weight:

rogenhornet2.jpg

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Swine flu?[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I think it probably just stress and the change in weather.

Plus my mom and little brother get a bunch of nose bleeds, so it probably runs in the family.

Do any of you know about DDWRT? My friend gave me this wireless router that's compatible, but I'm confused about how it all works. Will I be able to plug my xbox and computer into it and then wirelessly connect the router to the modem in my living room?

[quote name='Rocko']I'm assuming you meant private? I'm not sure where to look. I mean, I'm intelligent, but I wouldn't waste my time applying to a place like Harvard where the standards are so unfathomably high. And yeah, room and board costs are through the roof.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, yes, I meant private.

Why not consider Emory or Wake Forest? Those aren't too far from home, and are well-funded and respectable private universities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back