An interesting theory I have regarding Pringles.

VanillaGorilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I was sitting at home last night, watching the Twins game, enjoying a can of BBQ Pringles. As I indulged, I noticed that I could no longer reach into the can with my hand, and grab chips, without tilting the can to the side and getting them to slide. Which got me thinking:

I wonder how many people open a can, and continue to eat Pringles until they can no longer reach the chips with their hand. I know that in my case, as soon as I get to that point, I grab a bowl and empty some into said bowl, so I don't risk having all the chips slide out at once and get chip dust all over the place.

So, my question to you is (and please keep the lame ass, trollriffic "I don't eat Pringles, they suck!" comments to yourself). How do YOU eat your Pringles?

[quote name='Liquid 2']I can't find the theory in the OP.

Oh, and Pringles suck.[/quote]
My theory is that people open a can and eat until they can't reach them anymore, then stop.

When it gets too low for me to squeeze my hand in there i put the lid on and shake the can real hard so its all crumbs then tilt the can and "drink" the rest like an empty bag of chips.

well I normally take a stack about an inch to inch and a half tall from the can, place one chip on my tongue, crush it by pressing it into the roof of my mouth, then crunch away until its gone. I continue that until the stack is gone, then I grab another stack. If I still hunger past the point where I can no longer reach them inside, I will either go to the sink and tip the can for another stack, or (more realistically) I will tip the can up over my open mouth and crunch away, abandoning all effort to look classy :lol:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']My theory is that people open a can and eat until they can't reach them anymore, then stop.[/quote]

Busted. I've got a can in the cupboard that is probably stale by now. They don't really taste as good as when I was a kid. Probably because all the fat fucks in America keep getting all the trans fat removed from stuff that is called junk food for a reason. Even Lays and Ruffles taste bland now.

You people must have some fat hands and arms if you can't reach to the bottom of a Pringles can. Maybe that's a sign that you should stop eating Pringles.

I've never tried drugs, but Pringles (and Doritos, for that matter) evoke the same feeling I'd imagine drug addiction does. I can't stop till they're gone. No wonder I was fat till age 19.

Hmm, haven't had pringles in a while. I could go for some.

Speaking of chips in a canister, has anyone had pepperjack Torengos? Those chips were the best ever.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I was sitting at home last night, watching the Clerks, enjoying a can of BBQ Pringles. As I indulged, I noticed that I could no longer reach into the can with my hand, and grab chips, without tilting the can to the side and getting them to slide. Which got me thinking:

I wonder how many people open a can, and continue to eat Pringles until they can no longer reach the chips with their hand. I know that in my case, as soon as I get to that point, I grab a bowl and empty some into said bowl, so I don't risk having all the chips slide out at once and get chip dust all over the place.

So, my question to you is (and please keep the lame ass, trollriffic "I don't eat Pringles, they suck!" comments to yourself). How do YOU eat your Pringles?[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

[quote name='Brak']Fixed.[/quote]Clerks had nothing to do with this thread. I didn't even remember the whole bit until it was just now brought up.

I'll bite on your theory: I usually stop when I can't reach in anymore. I guess it works well for me because if I didn't have adult man sized hands, I would probably just keep eating the whole stack in one sitting without thinking about it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']There is a rule for eating Pringles, if your hand doesn't fit you are a fat ass and must stop eating them.[/quote]

rifk

I was unaware that big hands/wide knuckles was a sign of being fat.

Man how small are some of your guys hands that you can get to the bottom of a can?

I thought this thread would be a theory regarding manufacturing/processing it into the standard pringle shape.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Man how small are some of your guys hands that you can get to the bottom of a can? [/quote]
This.

I was really hoping VG was going to pull out the Mitch Hedberg joke and try and claim ownership for it, and then see how many dunces agreed with him for being funny, witty, and insightful. That is, until someone busted in (probably 7-8 posts in) and revealed the true origins of the joke.

But that didn't happen.

Mark my words - some day, Pringles is going to manufacture some sort of "rip can" gimmick into their stock, which will allow you to rip the can apart when you've depleted half of the chip inventory.

And then Hell itself will be unleashed upon the Earth.

I haven't eaten a fucken chip in Five years.

Tortilla Chips dont count...because they're fucken delicious and not made out of proccessed feces.

Damn, you think too much. They are just chips. Grab them anyway you can.

BTW, I just leave them horizontal and won't have to reach all the way down to the bottom to get the last few chips.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']fuck it, cut 'em up![/QUOTE]

That's why Pringles is a laid back company!

Also, ducks eat for free at Subway!

[quote name='Strell']That's why Pringles is a laid back company!

Also, ducks eat for free at Subway![/quote]

Nice.

[quote name='joe2187']I haven't eaten a fucken chip in Five years.

Tortilla Chips dont count...because they're fucken delicious and not made out of proccessed feces.[/quote]

Have you tried Cape Cod chips? They claim to use pretty basic, "natural" ingredients and they taste a bit better than your average chip.

[quote name='Maklershed']Jalapeno and Aged Cheddar Cape Cod chips :drool:[/quote]

They had me sweating.

I enjoy all of their flavors except wavy (they aren't quite salty enough).

I think my favorite is the Russet though.

Torengos were awesome, Mak.

Pringles are made from shredded potato pieces kind of like instant mashed potatoes. That's why they can be formed like that.

And the correct way to eat them is to put 2 of them in your mouth so you look like a duck. Then you suck them in and eat them and then say "Pringles fuggen suck" and don't eat anymore until sombody buys more pringles and you do it again.

I like the little logo dude tho. I used to tag it.

bread's done
Back