An open letter to that jackass at the N. Atlanta CC today:

When I got up Sunday morning, I immediately checked the CAG site to see if any updates had been added to the CC sale list. After searching briefly, I was delighted to see that the list of titles on clearance had nearly doubled since Saturday evening. Of course, a handful of these titles were even available online for a brief period of time but had sold out long before I got the news. I feared my local CC B&M store would be much the same.

Surprisingly, this was not the case. I found Skies of Arcadia legends, Viewtiful Joe, Mega Man Network Transmission, P.N. 03, RECV, Zoocube, DOA:XBV, Morrowing GOTY and several others still sitting there on the shelves. In the past I've been disappointed by the many online deals I missed out on by not being fast enough, but I guess yesterday's CC experience more than makes up for it.

I understand that some people will always try to turn a profit on clearance titles like this by buying up everything. That's just the way things are, so the rest of us have to be extra diligent and quick to ensure that we get a fair shot at getting the games we actually want for ourselves. If the resellers and the rest of us each have an equal shot at getting the goods, I can live with that. What I can't stand is when the resellers somehow get advance notice of clearance sales (like the TRU Game Boy sale last year) and clean out the B&M stores a full day before the rest of us even hear about it.

When I went to my local CC on saturday around 5pm (about 2.5 hours after these had been discovered) I took the 2 games i wanted up to the register and the supervisor asked me how i knew they were on sale. I told him that i read it online and he said that must have been how the other guy knew about it. I asked what other guy and he said that some guy came in and bought 3 full carts full. After hearing that i realized why there were only like 10 games on that list left in the store.
Now i dont know how big CC carts are but thats a bit messed up.
I feel really bad for all the CAGs who missed out.
Something this great is meant to be shared IMO.

[quote name='ex0']It's funny. All the people who are saying stuff like "you snooze you lose," or "the early bird catches the worm," or "tough shit," are the ones who complain when someone clears out a good deal online and bitches how the guy was just gonna sell them on ebay.
Don't you think it would be NICE to let others enjoy a deal? Sure it is your right to buy whatever you want, but I'm sure if you were in teh same position as organicow you would feel the same.[/quote]

Although my opinion has probably made most of you think I'm an asshole greedy fuck because I agree with the Ebayers, I'm really not. Let me tell you about my experience just now at CC. Another kid about my age was walking into the store as I was and said "hey you here for that $4.99 deal?". "Yeah, I am", I said. So we started immediately talking about the games we wanted to get. Right away I found some games that he wanted but that I also wanted - Baldurs Gate 1 and Evil Dead for Xbox. Him and I looked for a long time for another copy of either of those games and didn't find any. So I gave the guy the Evil Dead and go "yknow what man? You take this. Enjoy it". He seemed thrilled, and I was happy to have given him the game.

So I guess my point is, seeing a point of view of someone doesn't make that person the same - I may agree with the greed but I myself am not greedy.

[quote name='epobirs']So apparently your time is worthless. I, on the other hand see my time as having some value. If it takes me ten minutes to make the same amount of money compared to over an hour by having to engage in multiple transactions to achieve the same net amount then that is a far better way to use my time. Otherwise the time wasted on those multiple items is time I don't get for other things like actually sitting down and playing the games.

If you cannot comprehend the factor of time in a rate of return on an investment then I strongly suggest you never go into business for yourself lest you put in a whole day's work for what turns out to be less than minimum wage after all is said and done.

My eBay rating stands at 714. Most of that was received during a single year when I had a lot of material that was worth selling because the profit margin considered against the individual time for the item worked out to be comparable to a ggod working wage. I could easily have that rating into the thousands if I was willing to do auctions that only cleared two or three dollars after fees. A long time ago I timed how long each item typically took to process and found that if I only make 2 or 3 dollars on an item it's not worth the time to deal with the buyer, box up the item, and get it shipped. It doesn't get any better if you're doing this one at a time or a hundred a day. When minimum wage or better jobs that involve little more than sitting around and waiting for a phone to ring in the dead of night are easily available you have to use some logic in determining whether buying an item for resale is worth your time and effort.

I knew going in that it was very unlikely I'd find anything worth putting on eBay. I didn't see a single copy of Disgaea the whole day. What did make it worthwhile to buy multiples of some items was that a local dealer in used games would give me cash immediately. No setting up of auctions and no fees. Just walk in and walk out. If that opportunity didn't exist I would not have bought multiples of anything as I don't have much interest in trading.[/quote]

No, I'm saying that the time you "sacrificed" to those people in the store was worthless. You actually said that you left certian titles just because those titles wouldn't be enough profit for the time spent to list them? So how is it that you time isn't worth what it takes to buy and list those game but yet full of worth when you "sacrifice" it to someone else? Would you have have let others in the store copies of say Disega if they were looking for them?

Let's summarize how badly you were abused:

You approached another shopper as he was checking out and demanded he hand over the stuff you wanted? Would you do the same thing at any other store?

You wish you had "punched him in the face," and you expect to be congratulated on your restraint? I assume you are bigger than him otherwise that would not be an option.

You ended up with 12 games for $60 and somehow you got screwed? Wow.

To top it off you called him a "greedy, selfish asshole in front of about 20 people." You are one class act.

Then you posted your "ordeal" and expect some sympathy?

Did you really WANT all 12 of those games you bought or did you buy them because they were $5?

Take a deep breath and stop harassing people. It's really none of your business. You have no right to do that, and you should have been kicked out of the store without your precious games and told not to come back.

If you had been told a week ago that you would pick up 12 games for $60 on July 4th, you would never have believed how angry the painful experience made you.

Take a good long look at those 12 games you got and realize how lucky you are.

By the way, I doubt he was embarrassed as he left as you claim. He was probably just shocked at meeting someone as old as you who was so rude.

In fact, I read his thread on another forum. It went like this: "I was checking out at CC with all of these great deals on games when this 27-year-old guy comes up to me and demands I give the ones he wanted to him. Then he called me names. About 20 people saw it and were laughing at him. I got out of there as quickly as I could. I hope they called the police. That guy should not be walking the streets." How does that sound from another perspective?

[quote name='NatakuARN']Stores should just instate a limit of 1 or 2 copies per person during these kinds of sales.[/quote]

That supposes the store gives a damn. They aren't doing blowouts sales like this to please the public. They could have incrementally marked down these items and still seen a boost of sales if that was the case. The analysts in the corporate office examined their sales for the standing inventory and mad a list of turkey products. Disgaea might be a virtual orgasm for hardcore gamers but it doesn't connect to mainstream shoppers who make Madden a yearly cash cow.

They want this inventory gone. The faster the better so the shelf space is freed for newer product and the low price turkeys stop diluting the margins.

I love the whole concept of CAG love!!! Making friends and sharing deals is the spirit of this site. Damn all those greedy a-holes that buy up all the game that they hear about on CAG, and then defend thier actions when we bitch about it. That runs counter to the whole CAG ethic.

I'm glad you had a good experience; out ot the 2 CCs I hit yesterday, one was full of cool people, and the other one had the biggest jerk ever in it.

Taken from another thread... author is the OP here, organicow.

I love how you have been on the defensive this entire thread about making this distinction that you are not saying this and not saying that and trying to always "clarify" your original post... when in fact what everyone is blasting you about is exactly what you really mean. :roll:

So, like I've said in prior posts about this... Where exactly is this "ethic"? Did we sign onto a Terms of Service that I failed to read?

You sir, like many others, are riding this cloud of entitlement. Apparently you deserve to own X game at X price just because you post on this board. Double :roll:

I am siding with JSweeney here, and removing all of my posts on this topic. It has degenerated into silliness, and I regret expressing my opinion in the first place.

Down with greed, long live CAG!!!

I am siding with JSweeney here, and removing all of my posts on this topic. It has degenerated into silliness, and I regret expressing my opinion in the first place.

[quote name='Graystone']this has turned into a flame[/quote]

You're right, and on that note, I will post no more replies here.

I've said my peace, and if I have been unclear, then that's just how it will have to be.

[quote name='Indiana']It's really too bad ebay and all of these games stores deal in reselling of games. I think it hurts the gaming industry. I picked up several games none if which I intend to resell. If these businesses did not exist greedy bastards would not be buying all the games.

I gave my list to a kid who was looking through the bargain bin once I was done... and their were lots of good deal games still on the shelves.[/quote]

The store where I sold my duplicate CC purchase has been in business since the NES days. I've been bringing them stuff for nearly fifteen years now. The industry has grown substantially all the while.

The first time was when a long dead small chain of electronics stores called Adray's had a blowout of NES games for $9.99. I had only a few days earlier found this little hole in the wall store that would pay cash for used games and had one of their price sheets in my car. I was shocked to find that a Batman game (Return or Revenge of the Joker) was worth $24 to them and another of the sale games was worth $19. How could they be worth so much if Adray's couldn't move them for much less and just wanted to be rid of them? Adray's was only allowing 2 items per purchase but still it was a pretty good deal to drive a few minutes to turn $21.60 (including sales tax) into $43. Even with the cost of gas driving back and forth was a very worthwhile way to spend the day since I was only working part-time then.

THat is when I became a real CAG because I was now not only finding deals, I was making them pay so my games were effectively free. The creation of this site only made it easier for the less skilled to get in on the game I've played since before some of you were born.

Over the years by my rough estimate I've netted about $6,000 from selling to this store. This was happening long before eBay and the game industry just kept growing.

Well, I just got back from CC. I didn't see anything I actually wanted, so to anyone in the Brookfield, WI area, there's still some moderately good stuff to be had there.

PS: Yo 'Cow, they had nothing for me, so I took nothing for me in hopes that some actual gamers would come along and play what they buy, so count me in the "not shafting fellow gamers" column.

Look, Organicow has a very valid point, and a right to complain about it. Allow me to explain by comparison. Take somone who goes through life and NEVER gives to charity. It is his right not to be charitable. It is his right to be miserly, greedy, and an opportunist. He also has the right to not give anything back to his community. But for people that value charity, that see the man who takes but never gives anything back, they have the right to point out that individual. To say, "Hey, why don't you ever give anything back to the community."

Charity is a concept that many people value. When they don't see someone upholding those values, even though they have the right to keep every penny they earn, there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. They may even become a social pariah. It's like the old expression, speech is free but it isn't cheap. If a person says or does something that a lot of people is stupid or antisocial, they have the right to say so. The truth is it's how society works.

Some would argue that it's important. It's a way of "shaming" the individual to conform to community standards. Maybe, if one day that guy goes, "You know, i can drop five bucks in the Salvation Army can." Maybe the world is a little beter place. Others might call it harrassment.

For you hipsters, it's no different than watching the scene in Reservoir Dogs where Steve Buscemi doesn't want to tip the waitress. "What do you mean you don't tip?" He makes some argument against tipping, but he gets forced to tip anyway. Some might see him getting shamed into tipping. Others might think he was bullied.

Look, personally I have no problem with somebody buying 40 games. Especially if they're difefrent titles, different gifts, to sell a couple to make a few bucks on ebay, whatever. But you must admit it could be seen as petty when somebody is driving to five different stores and clearing every single item off the shelf that rings up $5. Or going into one store and doing the same, and not giving a damn about fellow customers or CAGers or anything other than his own avarice. It's not about entitlement. It's not about money. It's about some values that people charish in a man's character.

These values aren't universal. Taking the tip example further, I may tip a waitress 10%, and someone says, "Hey, why don't you tip 20 percent?" I may see 10% as adequete, he may see it as not enough, but he sure as hell has the right to point out what he sees as an inadequecy.

Just as some people are getting tired of people "whinning" and trying to cut people down, Some people are just as tired of others acting like they have no right to complain. That they have no argument. Frankly we're only talking about games here. If it wasn't for people taking this so seriously it would be somewhat amusing. There's no need to cut someone down. Why do you have to discredit a man to disagree with him? Organicow has every wright to voice his complaints. I personally think he has some valid points. If you disagree that's fine. You have the right to come up here and disagree with him too, and several have.

All I'm asking is, "Can we have a little more courtesy?" We've had quite a few new people come to this forum. I've only been here since March I believe, so I'm rather new by comparison to others. But the response to these complaints and comments are getting more and more negative over the last few days. And it hurts this forum and the quality of discussion.

Just relax, take a deep breath, and think before you post. Something that I am often guilting of forgetting to do somethimes because I don't take these forums as seriously as my normal writings. It's a natural problem due to both the "conversational" tone of these proceedings as well as the factor of anonimity. But I think if we all take the next week to keep this especially in mind, at least as long as this frenzy for CC games continures, the forum will be a better place for it.

^^That comes from one of the nicest people on the boards. He waited a long ass time for me to get my act together for one of our trades when he could have easily traded it to someone else.

All I am saying is I totally agree with the point made by both Cow and Ackbar. Sunday I went to both the Raleigh and Cary CC's and no one was hoarding and I was helping them by showing them 5 dollar titles(people from fatwallet and slickdeals). I even gave two of my games to CC employees who wanted them.

with a little courtesy for your fellow man, everyone can be happy

I do not know why I always use that word. I guess I just really appreciate how long you waited on that trade and never got pist off

plus I get that all the time as well :lol:

Both sides does shows some good points, but I had to agree on organicow more cause myself is also a gamer who is not out there seeking for profits, but only games I love and collect. I dont have much money to buy every single gamse I want, so I buy the ones I really really really want at $50 when they come out and leaving the less desired one for price drop. Therefore, when it comes down to this cheap, I has no reason to hesitate but to pick up a bunch. However, I will never pick up a same game
for more than 1 copies. I do agree on CA ethics. We are gamers, not jerks.. please remember this. Be considerate for others...

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='epobirs']
So apparently your time is worthless. I, on the other hand see my time as having some value. If it takes me ten minutes to make the same amount of money compared to over an hour by having to engage in multiple transactions to achieve the same net amount then that is a far better way to use my time. Otherwise the time wasted on those multiple items is time I don't get for other things like actually sitting down and playing the games.

If you cannot comprehend the factor of time in a rate of return on an investment then I strongly suggest you never go into business for yourself lest you put in a whole day's work for what turns out to be less than minimum wage after all is said and done.

My eBay rating stands at 714. Most of that was received during a single year when I had a lot of material that was worth selling because the profit margin considered against the individual time for the item worked out to be comparable to a ggod working wage. I could easily have that rating into the thousands if I was willing to do auctions that only cleared two or three dollars after fees. A long time ago I timed how long each item typically took to process and found that if I only make 2 or 3 dollars on an item it's not worth the time to deal with the buyer, box up the item, and get it shipped. It doesn't get any better if you're doing this one at a time or a hundred a day. When minimum wage or better jobs that involve little more than sitting around and waiting for a phone to ring in the dead of night are easily available you have to use some logic in determining whether buying an item for resale is worth your time and effort.

I knew going in that it was very unlikely I'd find anything worth putting on eBay. I didn't see a single copy of Disgaea the whole day. What did make it worthwhile to buy multiples of some items was that a local dealer in used games would give me cash immediately. No setting up of auctions and no fees. Just walk in and walk out. If that opportunity didn't exist I would not have bought multiples of anything as I don't have much interest in trading.[/quote]

You know, these little "cottage industries" piss me off every so often.
Rather than do everything above board and actually be incorporated or have a liscence to conduct business, they skirt around the rules...
and in most cases, will not even bother with paying the required use tax on thier auctions and such.

All of this really hurts the independant store owner like Defender, since these people realize none of the requirements that a legitimate business must. Basically, they get just about all of the benefits and none of the negatives.

Buying games to play or trade or to give as gifts is one thing.
Trying to stock your little "cottage industry" is another, unless you're following the requirements the federal government places on them to the letter.[/quote]

If you like giving the government the money you've earned you're welcome to do so. I, OTOH, only give what they've demanded under the law. The volume of business I've done over the past 15 years would not be sufficent to sustain a single person living in this country and nowhere near the level at which personal income is taxed. There is a big difference in trading in a luxury to pay for your own supply of that luxury and turning it into a sustainable business.

Taxes are most certainly not being evaded when one sells to stores or through eBay. Just the opposite. Tax revenues are enhanced. Most areas have a form of free classified ads (http://recycler.com/ has been quite big in Southern California in prints form since the 70's.) If I use such a publication to sell stuff privately the results are hidden from the view of taxing authorities. If I sell a game to GameDude when they resell it the transaction will include local sales tax. The same product has now been taxed twice. I could make more money selling privately to another individual but the sheer walk in, walk out convenience of selling to a business makes it worthwhile for all but the most coveted items. This in turn puts the product back into a taxable sales channel.

A similar thing happens with eBay. The IRS, just like everyone else, can easily see every auction I've ever held including the final sale price. If I were to be audited they can easily request a detailed report on all my transactions from eBay rather than searching their archives manually. eBay is the most transparent business in the world. Every single thing they do that generates income for them is done in public with the details for all to see. If I did so much business as to alter my tax bracket I'd be leaving myself completely exposed but the fact is the IRS doesn't care about my miniscule earnings. They have something better. eBay itself has a very open record of their income, as previously mentioned, and that income is taxed. In exchange for the immense audience and useful features eBay give me as a seller they charge me fees based on the results of the auction. The more money I make on eBay the more I contribute to the federal tax base.

I could easily do all of this in private and avoid those fees but the added work is more costly than the fees. So the fact that the fees are higher in part due to their being taxed is not a problem to me.

[quote name='maxgle']Both sides does shows some good points, but I had to agree on organicow more cause myself is also a gamer who is not out there seeking for profits, but only games I love and collect. I dont have much money to buy every single gamse I want, so I buy the ones I really really really want at $50 when they come out and leaving the less desired one for price drop. Therefore, when it comes down to this cheap, I has no reason to hesitate but to pick up a bunch. However, I will never pick up a same game
for more than 1 copies. I do agree on CA ethics. We are gamers, not jerks.. please remember this. Be considerate for others...[/quote]

Important advice: Until you decide you're wealthy do not buy ANY games for $50. My long experience is that every commodity will eventually turn up for a great price. Don't like yourself get pulled into a 'fashion' or 'keeping up with the Joneses' state of mind that tells you you're uncool if you haven't shared in the latest thing. This is exemplified by the aesthete who pays more to get a game that isn't in GH packaging.

There are more worthy games out there than you'll ever have time to play. Stay with the bargains and you never lack a good supply of choices. You'll either have more choices because you money was used more efficiently or you'll have that money for more important things.

thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. But as I learn more from the gaming history, I learned that there are games that if you missed out on them when you had your chance, you will end up paying more from ebay. That is why I would spent $50 on a game that I know I would absolutly love and with no regret. But I do see your point. Thanks again and have a good day

Get over it. Your claimed altruism comes off as false. You're obviously looking for some sort of validation or sympathy. If you're not, then you're not expressing yourself well. Sticking up for societal values? Please.

I apologize for not reading through more than your initial post before posting. If I had read through more of them, I would have seen you backing down from many of your initial claims about almost punching, swearing, etc. The story has changed quite a bit and barely resembles the original tale.

In the future please include only facts, not hyperbole. It's impossible to debate when statements morph into exaggerations that are now apparently intended to be ignored. If you had told the truth initially, this thread would have died, and you could be playing your 12 games rather than correcting and explaining what you meant to say. I'm not sure what happened at this point other than you feel slighted. It seems the "facts" have changed, and you have lost your credibilty (how is that for a societal value?).

He, on the other hand, is not violating ONE societal value. There is no moral failing on his part. He went to the store and bought what he wanted. There is NO obligation of any kind to share. Our society is built on maximizing one's own existence, sometimes that includes sharing and sometimes it does not. Buying more than one of an item is NOT greedy. Greed is by definition harmful. You were not harmed (yes, yes, I know you have stated that you are not claiming harm but your tone indicates otherwise). It just means he wanted those items, nothing more. Why he wanted them is none of your business. And none of our's. Grow up.

What he does with those items is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. He might resell them, give them away as gifts, or maybe he's buying for a group of friends. No matter what he does with them, it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. He might be selling them to feed his family for all you or I know. You're impugning the character of a man you don't even know and encouraging others to do the same(way to go, another societal value). Then we are supposed to condemn society based on your experience which is now clearly not an "ordeal."

You do have my sympathy. I can see you seething as you read this. Over a day later and you're still carrying this torch! Maybe next time you'll get your precious games, and all will be right with our decadent society.

If our society is so bad and you're so concerned, maybe you should donate the money you didn't spend on games to a worthy charity. Until then, don't knock the USA.

More power to that guy, whoever he is. Way to show initiative and stick up for himself.

I've had my say and have nothing more to contribute to this juvenile nonsense. Please feel free to disagree with me point-by-point. That proves how calm you are and how you're merely sticking up for the values you were raised on. Meanwhile, I'm off to Circuit City to polish off anything I missed. Maybe I'll ebay them. Maybe I'll play them. Maybe I'll give them away. Haven't decided yet. OOOOOH, I'm so evil.

Last time I was there I saw some CC employees setting aside some games I wanted for themselves. Good for them! Can't we just be happy for each other?

[quote name='multi'][quote name='epobirs']So apparently your time is worthless. I, on the other hand see my time as having some value. If it takes me ten minutes to make the same amount of money compared to over an hour by having to engage in multiple transactions to achieve the same net amount then that is a far better way to use my time. Otherwise the time wasted on those multiple items is time I don't get for other things like actually sitting down and playing the games.

No, I'm saying that the time you "sacrificed" to those people in the store was worthless. You actually said that you left certian titles just because those titles wouldn't be enough profit for the time spent to list them? So how is it that you time isn't worth what it takes to buy and list those game but yet full of worth when you "sacrifice" it to someone else? Would you have have let others in the store copies of say Disega if they were looking for them?[/quote]

Another lad in the reading comprehension challenged category, it appears.

First of all, don't put words in my mouth. I never used the word 'sacrifice' and there was never any such meaning. What sacrifice is it to tell someone else about a sale item I don't want? It isn't as though I had to stop scanning the shelves to note that someone was holding a game to look at the back cover screenshots and tell them that it's worth getting if they're the least bit interested since it's so cheap.

I said pretty plainly that connecting others to the deals carried its own value in personal satisfaction. One cannot attach a specific monetary value to that but it feels good just the same. (I imagine if one could the field of prostitution would expand and include lots of Psychology majors. Actually, considering the worthessness of most Psych. degrees it probably already does.)

On Saturday night when I was formatting the early version of the list for printing I sought to keep it down to as few pages as possible with columns and a small point size but also by deleting items that both didn't interest me and I knew would have no resale value. I would have gone to CC with knowledge only of the titles that interested me and the rest would remain unknown.

In the morning I saw there was a much revised version of the list so I made a new one but this time I left all the items ever though meant a second page. I had decided it would be cool to be able to point stuff out to others. Since I would be spending much of the day scanning shelves at CC stores it served as a releif to work in some human interaction once in a while.

The opportunity didn't come up all that often. Between much of the CAG crowd getting there on Saturday and the holiday on Sunday the crowds were pretty sparse. It may also be partially due to the high diversity of game dealers in southern California that there was less enthusiasm here than in other regions. I've been finding sales like this around here for many years. The only real change is the low cost of optical media has mad the prices even lower and the rate of price declines more rapid.

[quote name='maxgle']thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. But as I learn more from the gaming history, I learned that there are games that if you missed out on them when you had your chance, you will end up paying more from ebay. That is why I would spent $50 on a game that I know I would absolutly love and with no regret. But I do see your point. Thanks again and have a good day[/quote]

I appreciate your position but to emphasize: I have over 1500 games going back to the 16-bit era and ignoring some of the 80's computer stuff in the garage. Out of those less than a dozen were pruchased for more than 50% of the original SRP but as you might suspect, I haven't gone without any title I ever really wanted. Every commodity turns up for cheap eventually.

[quote name='JSweeney']Not bad.
Probably the best I've heard anyone say it tonight.
Most people have been whining, and been just as selfish in thier bitching as the complain about not getting what they wanted right after they talk about getting 10-20 games.
It's getting annoying.
But, bringing up the points you did makes it more worthwhile.

I had a ton of fun on my trip there. I saw more CC employees picking games off the shelf than anyone else, but they were also right there to tell me which games were 5 dollars as well. I talked with two or three other people as I picked up some games. It was a great experience. Heck, I even left my list I printed up with one of the other people searching the shelves.[/quote]
i wouldve had fun.....and started talking about games w/ another gamer that approached me....it was fun until he over heard the CC emplyees say they were taking all the games off the shelf cause the sell wasnt until 7/11.......(which wouldve been fine if i hadnt called and confirmed w/ the mngr. today and he laughed and asked what they looked like because he said the employees started buying games for thiers friends etc at 30 -40 qty.---he said he was writing them up.....but that doesnt give ANYONE a fair shake at getting games)......and when i went the list was like 1/2 the size w NO xbox games on it.........i thought maybe theyd have left some but NOPE. i did get a few.....but they were early on the list....it just sucks to think that they lied to us to snatch up every lasy greedy copy of the good games( and like i said - it was before the xbox and half the GC games were listed). i had bought some ps2 games the night before for cheap...but took them back and EXCHANGED them for the better games the next day...but we were in a hurry to check out, cause we thought they were gonna tell the cashier not to give them to us at that price, the way they were talking..... The guy i met and I had maybe 10 - 12 games between the 2 of us.

Whatever you may do with your games; if you're going to trade them in, then please don't give them to gamestop etc. I lost 8 brand new games, some cash valued at only 2.80(Okage) so they can resell it along with oter crapy beat up discs to unsuspecting consumers while treating employees like shit. This goes the same for EB and wherever else. If you're not playing/ebaying; then I implore you to sell to an independent store.

EDIT:
I had typed up a response to some the earlier posts in this thread, but since nothing good can come of this, and the thread will likely denegrate into a downward spiral of shit and hurt feelings, I decided to just remove it.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='maxgle']thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. But as I learn more from the gaming history, I learned that there are games that if you missed out on them when you had your chance, you will end up paying more from ebay. That is why I would spent $50 on a game that I know I would absolutly love and with no regret. But I do see your point. Thanks again and have a good day[/quote]

I appreciate your position but to emphasize: I have over 1500 games going back to the 16-bit era and ignoring some of the 80's computer stuff in the garage. Out of those less than a dozen were pruchased for more than 50% of the original SRP but as you might suspect, I haven't gone without any title I ever really wanted. Every commodity turns up for cheap eventually.[/quote]

hee.. while I see your point, but I think it is probably because we both have a different taste in gaming. No offense of course. X-P

Yeah, maxgle, that would suggest that you have taste. :)

(This is said jokingly, I don't think anyone needs gas poured on this fire.

[quote name='JSweeney']EDIT:
I had typed up a response to some the earlier posts in this thread, but since nothing good can come of this, and the thread will likely denegrate into a downward spiral of shit and hurt feelings, I decided to just remove it.[/quote]

Apparently I got there before you edited it away. That you aren't a tax attorney is made abundantly clear by your statements. I've done business in this state for many years and I'm completely aware of my obligations to tax authorities at the local, county, state, and federal levels. In no given year have my activities reached the threshold where these authorities take an interest. (By your rationale I should pay taxes if I pay the neighbor's kid five bucks to mow my lawn. This is ridiculously penny ante and a drain on resource to bother processing for any tax agency.) The people in the business of structuring tax systems recognize that there are places to place toll gates that are better than others. eBay is one of those. By this means millions of transaction that would generate no tax revenue instead become taxable at no effort to the buyer and seller. All the taxes flow from the single point that is eBay. The IRS loves this.

[quote name='Fourth Stooge']Greed is by definition harmful.[/quote]

greed
-------
An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth.

I don't see anything about greed having to be harmful in the definition.

ill say this only one, stop fucking bitching, you have no right to bitch since you didnt give it your all, if I was you I would have yanked the fucking game I wanted off of his pile and hold it to purchase, I doubt he would have done shit, and if he did I would have beat him to a bloody fucking pulp or give him a good run for his fucking money, and I doubt the store clerks or other people on line would have minded with either choice, to summarize this dont bitch because you dont have the right too because you didnt try hard enough, Next time fucking yank that fucking game out of the little bitchs hands and yell in his face you have enough.

Was at a Memphis CC yesterday, and saw something almost identical, except I didn't see him getting too many in the way of multiple games, but he was scared to death I was going to get in his way. I walk in and see one other guy and his, I guess little brother. He had a list printed much like me, and the little kid was running back and forth being his crownie I guess.

I asked the guy, those the 5 dollar games? He just looks at me in a panic like I was going to take something he was wanting, then ignoring me and franticly going back to his hunting, granted he was mostly in the PS2 games at this point, and I was looking for mostly XBox and a couple PS2. I go over to the Game Boy games after being watched like a hawk by Mr. Guy with the baseball cap and pimples. Then I make the mistake of speaking to little brother. "Any good cheap Game Boy games?" I ask the little guy. In a fever he says, "cheap games, ummmm hmm" as he squirms for a second before running to tell the older guy. Prior to this, I saw them with a stack of Game Boy games.

Case in point....It was the CC in Memphis near Wolfchase, if you were there, and this was you....
_|_ (- _ -) _|_

Didn't want your presious list, I had my own, wasn't going to kick your *** and take your games, it's ok, breathe. Go discover girls.

I don't understand how that guy wouldn't give him 1 copy each of the games he had multiples of. There was one other guy at my Circuit City when it opened Sunday morning. I made a deal with him that I would only grab one each that i wanted if he did the same. We both made out and he ended up just following me around since i had most of the list memorized. I mean i can see buying multiple copies of sought after games but to look someone in the face after they ask if they can buy one is just crazy.

[quote name='Puzznic']We both made out and he ended up just following me around since i had most of the list memorized.[/quote]

You made out with a dude at CC?!?! WOW!!!
sorry...immature, i know....but I had to....

I am siding with JSweeney here, and have removed all of my posts on this topic. It has degenerated into silliness, and I regret expressing my opinion in the first place. This discussion has run its course.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='JSweeney']EDIT:
I had typed up a response to some the earlier posts in this thread, but since nothing good can come of this, and the thread will likely denegrate into a downward spiral of shit and hurt feelings, I decided to just remove it.[/quote]

Apparently I got there before you edited it away. That you aren't a tax attorney is made abundantly clear by your statements. I've done business in this state for many years and I'm completely aware of my obligations to tax authorities at the local, county, state, and federal levels. In no given year have my activities reached the threshold where these authorities take an interest. (By your rationale I should pay taxes if I pay the neighbor's kid five bucks to mow my lawn. This is ridiculously penny ante and a drain on resource to bother processing for any tax agency.) The people in the business of structuring tax systems recognize that there are places to place toll gates that are better than others. eBay is one of those. By this means millions of transaction that would generate no tax revenue instead become taxable at no effort to the buyer and seller. All the taxes flow from the single point that is eBay. The IRS loves this.[/quote]

Let sleeping dogs lie.

"I am siding with JSweeney here, and have removed all of my posts on this topic. It has degenerated into silliness, and I regret expressing my opinion in the first place. This discussion has run its course.

Down with greed, long live CAG!!! "

I love it when a mod gets torn to shreds after posting somre really dumb comments and then tries to cover up their foolishness by deleting posts.

Like i said life is too short for hate. We all say junk we regret later, it happens.

[quote name='dracula']Like i said life is too short for hate. We all say junk we regret later, it happens.[/quote]

I can agree on that.

[quote name='dracula']"I am siding with JSweeney here, and have removed all of my posts on this topic. It has degenerated into silliness, and I regret expressing my opinion in the first place. This discussion has run its course.

Down with greed, long live CAG!!! "

I love it when a mod gets torn to shreds after posting somre really dumb comments and then tries to cover up their foolishness by deleting posts.

Like i said life is too short for hate. We all say junk we regret later, it happens.[/quote]

OrganicCow is not a mod, just a pissed off CAG (I totally understand why, and if someone wanted dup. copies I gave them up).

and like I said to someone else earlier, at leasts he posts in the right place unlike you.

bread's done
Back