An open question to CAG about optimal shipping.

It'sMagneto

CAGiversary!
Hey, I decided this is the best place for this question so here I am.
I had just listed a bunch of stuff on amazon because my parents are moving and I really need some cash. Anyway it's mostly games and dvds that I listed some boxsets. Amazon allows me $3-$4 for shipping. My question is what is the safest most cost efficient ways to get these items shipped?

First Class PP. Usually costs around $2-3 for a single disc game/movie. That's just for postage of course. Bubble mailers will add to the cost.

First class parcel, if under 13 ounces.

Your average cd/dvd game (PS2, XBOX, Gamecube, etc) in a dvd case is about 6 oz.

If it'll be inside of first class shipping weight, first class all the way. Media mail at that weight isn't much cheaper and usually takes twice as long. If it'll be heavier than 13 ounces, your options are media mail, priority mail or parcel post. Parcel post and priority mail are usually about the same price, and priority mail is 2-3 days, where parcel post is 4-9 days.

As the weight goes up beyond 1lb or more, media mail turns out to be the cheapest option, though the slowest option.

Also, don't forget a DC # for the shipment. If you use Paypal shipping, you can put a DC # on it for $0.18 for first class or media mail. Priority mail include a DC # for free on either Paypal shipping or USPS.com, but USPS.com won't let you do media mail or first class shipping.

bread's done
Back