An update on the spare Sega Saturn

Diosoth

CAGiversary!
I can't find the old thread, but.... Sadly, I never got to smash it up. I almost did but stuck it out on craplist for 2 weeks longer and finally sold it. The system, 3 controllers and NIGHTS for $20. Girl said she was buying it for her boyfriend.

No, she lied to me. She's an Amazon reseller- I noticed her email name up as an Amazon seller one day and sure enough, she relisted the thing for $70, probably stuck the games up separately.

Yeah, good luck getting $70 for a Sega Saturn. No one wants one that bad.

And why do I mind? I hate resellers, for one. I already boycott trade-ins to Gamestop and such out of mere principle for their unfair business practices and laughable trade credits. I've already made it a point to a local toy reseller I won't deal with him. And this bitch basically lied to me.

Well, when I listed the N64 she tried to buy that. Yes, I could have taken the money but instead I went with principle. I told her I'd learned she was an Amazon seller and that I do not knowingly sell to resellers.

She never wrote back. I didn't cry over not "making" $20. It was worth it to tell her off.

Damn that sucks. If I would have known you were selling your Saturn I would have bought it. I was actually looking for one. Oh well...

And that's not cool what that reseller did. That's why I hate dealers. They always try to get whatever game cheap and sell it twice as much or whatever price they see on Ebay. Its BS!

[quote name='Diosoth']I can't find the old thread, but.... Sadly, I never got to smash it up. I almost did but stuck it out on craplist for 2 weeks longer and finally sold it. The system, 3 controllers and NIGHTS for $20. Girl said she was buying it for her boyfriend.
[/QUOTE]

Pardon me... *proceeds to bang head into wall because I would've paid more than that for a Saturn with NIGHTS, and said as much in the other thread*

At least you got a chance to stick her with the lie- I'm bothered less by resellers and more by those who lie through their teeth to get a lower price so they can resell for a higher profit.

If it weren't for resellers a lot of people wouldn't be able to enjoy these systems. I for one am grateful for my local game shop that sells retro games.

Growing up, I was only able to have one system at a time and had to sell my old systems to buy new ones. I never got the chance to get a Saturn because of prices and I had a PS1.

People on this site flip things all the time...it's no different.

bread's done
Back