And the Big Reveal on Noob.com is...

Vampire Hunter D

CAGiversary!
For i guess a few months now things have been appearing on noob.com, a site i think is operated by Ed Boon of Mortal Kombat. Some weeks ago the MK dragon symbol and a timer appeard. Well the big news is... absolutly nothing at all at the moment. It just says countdown complete.?? Ill stick around for a few more minutes to see if sometihng happens.

Well, we'll eventually find out. So you're saying the news won't be the expected news of a a dark and gritty Gears of War looking MK , but instead a bloodless fatalityless MK vs. DC ( why DC anyways?)

Says 33 minutes left here. This is why you use GMT for countdown timers. Ed Boon is a noob.

Mortal Kombat. Unreal Engine 3. All I really expect for now.

I see a bunch of numbers with a countdown until "answers" are posted at 3 pm PST. I think each number represents a letter in the alphabet, 5 = e, 25 = y, etc. But I'm too lazy and tired to decypher it.

From Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat/news.html?sid=6189449&mode=recent

New Mortal Kombat details inKoming
Midway to announce the next installment in fatality-famous fighting series later today, game confirmed to be built using Unreal Engine 3.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Apr 17, 2008 12:28 pm PT
The Earth realm has been a pretty quiet place since 2006's Mortal Kombat: Armageddon pummeled PlayStation 2 and Xbox owners into submission with over 60 playable characters--and even and a kart racing minigame. The last installment in the series came in May 2007, when the Wii port of the game--one of the first fighting titles for Nintendo's popular console--hit the US market.

Now, the evil forces of the Outworld appear ready for another round. Later today, Midway Games will officially unveil the Mortal Kombat game at its Gamers Day event in Las Vegas. Presumably, the title in question is the next-generation installment of its famously gory fighting franchise that the company announced last October.

Since then, Midway has been mostly mum on the next Mortal Kombat, but the publisher has confirmed for GameSpot that it is being built on a "highly modified" version of Unreal Engine 3. The Chicago-based company has made much use of Epic Games' oft-licensed engine, featuring it in games like Stranglehold, Area 51: Blacksite, Hour of Victory, and Unreal Tournament 3.

Check back with GameSpot soon for a more in-depth look at the new Mortal Kombat and the other wares Midway will be hawking at its press event.

Just stop making mortal kombat.

It should have died with MK Trilogy.

Its Mortal Kombat vs. DC comics.

I know.

[quote name='InuFaye']Just stop making mortal kombat.

It should have died with MK Trilogy.

Its Mortal Kombat vs. DC comics.

I know.[/quote]Now I have a bad mental picture of Batman performing a Friendship on Robin...

[quote name='mrelusive']Now I have a bad mental picture of Batman performing a Friendship on Robin...[/quote]

:rofl:

Why would DC Comics allow their characters to be horrendesly butchered? Fatalities are the biggest trademark that MK has over all fighting games. Besides it'd make more sense for a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter which it obviously cannot be cause of SFIV.

[quote name='mrelusive']Now I have a bad mental picture of Batman performing a Friendship on Robin...[/quote]

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Bastard. I was going to amaze everyone with my smarty-pants-ness.
[quote name='mrelusive']Embargo lifts tomorrow.[/quote]

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Why would DC Comics allow their characters to be horrendesly butchered? Fatalities are the biggest trademark that MK has over all fighting games. Besides it'd make more sense for a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter which it obviously cannot be cause of SFIV.[/quote]

No.

Fatalities are being turned down.

This game will be rated T.

This way they get people excited twice?

[quote name='mrlokievil']Why have a countdown that ends before the embargo lifts? They could have just had the timer end tomorrow.[/quote]

Well i guess i accept it now. Fatalities aside, i think/hope it'll turn out good. That sucks if the character roster is only 16-20. Let's make a wish list(minus Batman,Superman,Sub-Zero, and Scorpion of course):
DC: Doomsday, Joker, Green Lantern
MK: Cyrax/Sektor(either), Raiden, Liu Kang

bread's done
Back