Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Grim Fandango and a slew of Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy's are also half off on Google Play.

I've always heard fun things about Ticket to Ride. Maybe now is the time to get it.

If you own a Chromecast you should check to see if you have offers for a free Google Play movie rental, 2 months free trial of Sling TV, 90 days trial of Spotify Premium, 90 days trial of Google Play Music, and 1 month trial of YouTube Red.

https://cast.google.com/chromecast/offers/

Also, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has been added to Amazon Underground.

Some of the Toca Boca apps are $0.49 on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=8567646723268777320
Anybody know if this offer works with the Shield TV? Just got one the other day.

The Chromecast offer? Probably not.

Looks like some games have been reduced for Shiled TV owners.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/11/24/tons-of-games-for-shield-tv-currently-on-sale-through-google-play/
Thanks for that. That's pretty damn awesome. Even though I have most of these, I'm going to get a Google Play card to buy Doom and the Half Life episodes. I love the Shield Pro almost as much as the Shield Portable but the closed architecture of Android TV prohibits me from downloading several of the games that I already own that would work on it. Crazy Taxi isn't available although it would be great with the controller and Chinatown Wars is the only GTA title. And you can download Castle of Illusion but not Ducktales even if you own it from the Play Store. I haven't gotten the hang of side loading even with the help of YouTube vids either. But these games are a nice showcase and will put me closer to filling up my 500 gb hard drive.

No, those free apps posted by CodeTrader are sponsored by Verizon and are not on

Underground unless I'm mistaken.

Ok i see what the problem was Some of them dont allow me to buy them. There is a blank space in the upper right corner of the page where the 0.00 add to cart button should be.

The ones that i could buy automatically start downloading when i click 0.00 and then get app. If i were to just click 0.00 it doesnt add the app to my account.

Because i clicked get app to force them into my account i now have paused downloads in amazon app --> your apps --> cloud.

When i click on them i cant stop them from being paused .

I'm on an lg g4

Ok messed with settings and set download limit to unlimited instead of wifi over 50MB. This finally allowed me to stop the freezed downloads lol. What a mess of an app.

But for the record there is no way to buy an app without forcing a download start right?

So was anyone else expecting some crazy cyber sale and severely disappointed?
Maybe not expecting, but definitely hoping. W10 marketplace hit a home run last week with all the 10 cent games, music, and movie rentals so I was hoping for at least a few great deals on the play store. Oh well. My S5 is full anyway.

In kid's tablet news, I just got contacted about a class action lawsuit against Fuhu regarding the shitty proprietary power connector for the Nabi line of tablets.

I thought you said it includes Redtube and was like, "That's a good deal." Wth is Youtube Red?
Lol...ya...when I found out they changed the name to Youtube Red, I was like "well, that's going to result in some interesting search engine results."

They originally called it "Youtube Music Key" in beta and it was supposed to be their sort of streaming music service (you'll notice a lot of full albums have popped up on youtube for streaming over the last year or so under users/channels like "various artists - topic"...which are actually official releases distributed to youtube and available with ads for non-members). But they sort of just bundled it into Google Play Music, and now it's pretty much just ad-free youtube...plus, from what I gather, the ability to download youtube videos to the app or whatever for a limit of 30 days for offline viewing along with some exclusive member-only youtube programming coming next year.

where did you find this deal, haven't seen it....
Go to the google play store... There's a banner at the top showing the cyber monday deals, and it's one of those. If you can't find it, just go to the music section, and it should be a big banner at the top of the page.

Apparently, Hyperdevbox has also been having a sale on its games since last week. Both ExZeus games, Indy 500 Arcade Racing, and its stable of strategy titles including Agarest War and Generation of Chaos are on sale.

Been thinking about one of their strategy titles. Are they any good? Which is the best? I did pick up the moga power pro which I see they support.

Been thinking about one of their strategy titles. Are they any good? Which is the best? I did pick up the moga power pro which I see they support.
Dunno, but the Agarest War games were released on 360 and PS3 while Generation of Chaos, Spectral Souls and Blazing Souls Accelate were released on PSP. I think it's fair to say that these are games with a pretty good pedigree. I'm considering the Agarest War titles since they've never been that cheap on 360 or PS3 to my knowledge. They should also be good showcases for what my Shield TV can do.

Dunno, but the Agarest War games were released on 360 and PS3 while Generation of Chaos, Spectral Souls and Blazing Souls Accelate were released on PSP. I think it's fair to say that these are games with a pretty good pedigree. I'm considering the Agarest War titles since they've never been that cheap on 360 or PS3 to my knowledge. They should also be good showcases for what my Shield TV can do.
I picked up the first Agarest War (not Zero) - was going to install it on my Gpad, but weighing in at 1.9GB, I optied to install on my G4 instead. I'm through the tutorial (I think) - so far I like it.

I picked up the first Agarest War (not Zero) - was going to install it on my Gpad, but weighing in at 1.9GB, I optied to install on my G4 instead. I'm through the tutorial (I think) - so far I like it.
Well, that's it. You twisted my arm. I guess I gotta buy another $10 Google Play card to get the Agarest War titles.

Oh, who am I fooling? I was going to buy them anyway. But I'm gonna pass on the PSP ports since I figured out how to sideload PPSSPP the other day. ;)

Well, that's it. You twisted my arm. I guess I gotta buy another $10 Google Play card to get the Agarest War titles.

Oh, who am I fooling? I was going to buy them anyway. But I'm gonna pass on the PSP ports since I figured out how to sideload PPSSPP the other day. ;)
Ah what the hell. In for Agarest War. Still leaves me with just over $4 left in survey credit. I will get back up to where I can get Titan HD if I decide to cave soon enough.

Hmm looks like I already have Blazing Souls. Eh I backlog more Android than steam these days. Still bought.

NFTDSC_950x_2.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.g5e.nightmares2.android.giveaway.full

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KCQW0UA/

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id695111082?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id695109705?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id827742410?mt=12

I'm on an lg g4 and something weird happened to the amazon app for me today. I had the app installed to the latest version 6.1.0.100 but when i launched it tonight google asked me to let the google network whatever monitor app usage so i declined. After that the amazon app errored out ans when i restarted it the app icon suddenly had the brownish logo like the amazon underground logo and there is now an underground entry from the app's menu where it used to say "my apps."

Did this happen to anyone else today?

Ok i think i figured out what is happening. The amazon app on my g4 auto updated to the terrible amazon underground app without my consent.

My settings in google play are set to NO auto update. Because the amazon app is pre installed on my g4 the app may not act according to my google play settings.

So does anyone know how to set the amazon app to stop updating if it came pre installed? I cant find a way to stop updates from within the app itself. Can you?

Not a deal but I discovered this morning that content that doesn't appear on Android TV that was previously purchased on the Play Store can be "pushed" to Android TV by logging into the Play Store on your computer. Good if you bought a Shield TV and had a ton of games that were already compatible and didn't know it. I'm hoping that more companies update their games for Android TV compatibility.

I'm looking at you, Sega.

I downloaded the final fantasy portal on an old phone earlier in the year and it came with ff I. I'm on a new phone but with the same gmail/google account.

Is final fantasy I not available to me on my new phone?

I downloaded the final fantasy portal on an old phone earlier in the year and it came with ff I. I'm on a new phone but with the same gmail/google account.

Is final fantasy I not available to me on my new phone?
No, it was tied to that device specifically. And if you ever deleted the game you wouldn't have been able to get it back

[quote name="Electroplasm" post="13086441" timestamp="1449512395"]Yup.

Nova launcher pro is $0.99 on the play store[/quote]
What's the regular price?

Ok i think i figured out what is happening. The amazon app on my g4 auto updated to the terrible amazon underground app without my consent.

My settings in google play are set to NO auto update. Because the amazon app is pre installed on my g4 the app may not act according to my google play settings.

So does anyone know how to set the amazon app to stop updating if it came pre installed? I cant find a way to stop updates from within the app itself. Can you?
Ya...the amazon app store isn't supported by google play (if it doesn't come on your phone, you have to side load it), so you probably won't be able to manage its updates through the play store. Not sure if there are any internal settings within the app to turn off updates, but that might be where you have to do it from if possible.

Seems amazon is pushing the underground app instead of the app store app now, so they might have just upgraded everything to the underground app to handle it all (which might mean you could be out of luck in the future if they stop supporting old versions of the app store).

I think that the data tracking is basically used to track how much you play the free underground games since, from what I've read, they pay developers based on usage (in the same way that...say...spotify pays musicians based on plays). There are some decent games on there, too (got a $35 kindle fire during black friday week, and the new fire OS automatically comes with underground), so it's not necessarily all bad.

bread's done
Back