Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
For those not reading the Humble Bundle thread, there's a pretty good Android bundle today:

$1 or more
Chameleon Run
Ys Chronicles II
Hitman GO

BTA (currently $4.99)
Punch Club
Super Stickman Golf 3 (with premium, cash doubler and last stroke marker ~ $7 in IAPs)
...and more games to be added next week

$6 or more
Dropsy
Banner Saga

So what's the best android devices to get rid of cable with? I just ordered a 500 gb shield unit because it was only 40 more for a used one than a new of the other model.

I vaguely remember setting up Kodi and Sports Devil on the gamestick before everything went to shit on it so looking to do something similar with the shield and then maybe get a cheapie android device for the bedroom.

So what's the best android devices to get rid of cable with? I just ordered a 500 gb shield unit because it was only 40 more for a used one than a new of the other model.

I vaguely remember setting up Kodi and Sports Devil on the gamestick before everything went to shit on it so looking to do something similar with the shield and then maybe get a cheapie android device for the bedroom.
As I understand it, Shield TV is somewhere between Xbox 360 and Xbox One in terms of power. It is also 4K capable, but I don't understand enough about 4K to comment intelligently about that. I have a Shield TV and a Mad Catz M.O.J.O. The Shield TV beats it, hands-down. YouTube videos run great on Shield.

Amazon is giving away $10 in Appstore credit when you download Hay Day for free. Unfortunately, it's strictly Appstore credit and can't be used for anything else, but $10 is $10.

I "downloaded" it yesterday and got the credit at noon today. "Download" meaning I hit the button to download it, then immediately canceled installation. So you don't actually need it installed. 

Credit to slicksdeals.

Amazon is giving away $10 in Appstore credit when you download Hay Day for free. Unfortunately, it's strictly Appstore credit and can't be used for anything else, but $10 is $10.

I "downloaded" it yesterday and got the credit at noon today. "Download" meaning I hit the button to download it, then immediately canceled installation. So you don't actually need it installed.

Credit to slicksdeals.
Sucks that I don't want anything from the amazon app store but I plan on using it for the new Hearthstone adventure that comes out soon.

Took me about two days to get my Hay Day app store credit but it came through.  Only works if you never downloaded Hay Day from Amazon before but that's probably most people.

I snagged Galaxy Trucker and Space Marshall from Amazon with the promo credit - I'd had them on my Google wishlist for a while, so figured, hey, why not.

Any suggestions on what I should get with my Amazon app store credit? Most stuff on the store is "actually free."
Someone mentioned you can buy hearthstone stuff with it. Niko and the sword of light looked kind of cool, I unlocked the full version. There's also MRMC kodi alternative that some people like.

Any suggestions on what I should get with my Amazon app store credit? Most stuff on the store is "actually free."
I did this on two accounts (which is more of a pain than it's worth due to having to sign in and out of each account to use games under each).

But I was looking for things that would work with my Sheild TV so I got:

Adventures of Mana ($13.99, so $3.99 out of pocket)
GTA: Chinatown Wars and Sproggiwood ($4.99 each so covered by the second $10)

I got mine craft to start. I'm a total app newb, are there any good mp party games? I suppose they would need internet, not like Ds wireless games?

Otherwise I'm looking for an offline game for the remainder of promo credit

Someone mentioned you can buy hearthstone stuff with it. Niko and the sword of light looked kind of cool, I unlocked the full version. There's also MRMC kodi alternative that some people like.
It was me who suggested that. I just bought the first wing of Kharazan with $7/10. Granted you can use all $10 and pay $10 out of pocket for all 4 wings, BUT I rather just use $7/10 and then use in game gold for the rest. This is CAG after all...

Finally, after some amazon 3rd party shenanigans on a used model that led to me giving up and getting a pretty decent for a non prime day price on the 500 gb shield model at best buy, I have my device.  So what apps are must have at least when they go on a good sale?

I'd go for most of the Sheild exclusives (provided you don't have them on another platform.)

Talos Principle
Borderlands 2/Prequel
Half-Life 2 and Episodes 1/2
Portal
Resident Evil 5
Hotline Miami 1/2
Metal Gear Rising: Vengence
Doom 3 BFG
Trine 2
Rochard

Most Square Enix games work well on it. And mobile games like Space Marshalls and Asphalt 8 are fun.

Can those be obtained with play credit or only in the shield hub? It'd probably be quicker just to turn it on and look but I am headed to bed and can't be bothered.

Can those be obtained with play credit or only in the shield hub? It'd probably be quicker just to turn it on and look but I am headed to bed and can't be bothered.
Buy them on the Play Store. And add Space Grunts to that list. It's my most played Android game across all my devices including Shield TV.

Anyone know of any Pokemon Go apps? There seem to be a bunch with mixed reviews. I'd like something that shows Pokestops and Gyms on a map. Also, if there are any good apps for finding certain Pokemon in the area that would be good too.

I play this with my son here and there when we are out of the house.

Noticed that Six Flags, parks, and the zoo have lots of Pokestops and Gyms.

Oh and it is probably common knowledge, but it seems to take about 5 minutes to try the same Pokestop again.

Anyone know of any Pokemon Go apps? There seem to be a bunch with mixed reviews. I'd like something that shows Pokestops and Gyms on a map. Also, if there are any good apps for finding certain Pokemon in the area that would be good too.

Oh and it is probably common knowledge, but it seems to take about 5 minutes to try the same Pokestop again.
I'm not familiar with any, but I do know that Niantec is banning players that use bots, and blocking "suspicious" accounts while they are reviewed.

Another note on the Pokestops, as the timer runs down, the color/hue changes from purple, slowly back to blue.

Niantic is working to shut third party stuff like that down. The few that exist work by constantly pinging the servers which has helped cause some of the server issues with the game

As mentioned, apps are out (which is good in my opinion). As far as finding areas with lots of Pokestops, it's worth considering that Pokestops came from Niantic's previous game, Ingress, which was apparently big with college age kids. They would submit interesting features/sites around where they were at to use as bases in Ingress. Therefore, college campuses have a lot, historical areas have a lot, basically anywhere you'd think college kids would go to find interesting sites. Rural areas, therefore, are wastelands outside of nearly every church. Historical downtowns or places with monuments or places college kids would just hang out are ripe for having a lot, though.

Enjoy catching 'em with your son!

As mentioned, apps are out (which is good in my opinion). As far as finding areas with lots of Pokestops, it's worth considering that Pokestops came from Niantic's previous game, Ingress, which was apparently big with college age kids. They would submit interesting features/sites around where they were at to use as bases in Ingress. Therefore, college campuses have a lot, historical areas have a lot, basically anywhere you'd think college kids would go to find interesting sites. Rural areas, therefore, are wastelands outside of nearly every church. Historical downtowns or places with monuments or places college kids would just hang out are ripe for having a lot, though.

Enjoy catching 'em with your son!
Yeah, I've found that most churches and some restaurants are Pokestops or gyms. Many are close enough to do a drive by for my son in the back seat to get them. There's a memorial park in our area that has lot of stops and gyms. Just kind of weird seeing teen/twenty somethings hanging out playing the game at some memorial. There were tons of stops and gyms at Six Flags. I think most rides were stops. The day we went to Six Flags I didn't bring the phone with Pokemon Go on it. My other two main Android phones for some reason do not support it. Moto E 2nd gen phones didn't work. I have another phone some HTC phone that does work with it. So that's the one we use. I have free phone service on the phones from RingPlus.

We used to use some app called Pogo Maps and that was really good for finding stops and gyms. Anyway, it looks like they changed the app name to OnTheGoGo.

They have a free ad based version and $1.99 pro version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=OnTheGoGo&hl=en

I guess we'll just have to stick with finding them randomly at our house or if we are at the park wondering around. :)

At our house we get Pidgeys, Rattatas, and Spearows all of the time.

I hunt pokemon hunters. Stay off my lawn.

Riptide GP Renegade, the newest installment of the series, went from $9.99 to $2.99 on the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vectorunit.silver.googleplay

I can't tell if it's a price reduction or a sale, though, and it seems to only be compatible with the most powerful Android devices including Shield TV.

And Qbert Rebooted: Shield Edition also got a price drop from $5.99 to $2.99:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nvidia.LOOT.QbertRebooted
GPlay is telling me that the new Riptide works with all my devices and the newest android device I have is a BLU R1HD...no where near top tier

GPlay is telling me that the new Riptide works with all my devices and the newest android device I have is a BLU R1HD...no where near top tier
You're probably right about it not requiring the most powerful devices, but a few of my others are incompatible. Shield TV is the most recently released device I own, but it's pretty darn future proofed.

Thanks, until Nvidia convinces publishers that their platform is legitimate for games such as rpgs of the scope of Oblivion and the like, I'm likely not a huge target for shield exclusives* but I bought a few that looked interesting to encourage those that are purposely putting stuff out for it. Plus, I've never played a Metal Gear in my life and the price was right so might as well see what it's all about.

*Given I find myself buying perhaps 5-10 titles a year across all platforms I own these days, if you include a single humble bundle as a title and including mobile phones, I suspect I'm not a typical target for many games anymore though.

Plus, I've never played a Metal Gear in my life and the price was right so might as well see what it's all about.
Do NOT think of this as finding what Metal Gear is "all about". This title is a spin off game that is far different than the rest of the Metal Gear series. It's actually closer to something like Bayonetta than it is the normally stealth focused MG games.

It's a very good game. But it's not really a Metal Gear game in anything but name.

Thanks, until Nvidia convinces publishers that their platform is legitimate for games such as rpgs of the scope of Oblivion and the like, I'm likely not a huge target for shield exclusives* but I bought a few that looked interesting to encourage those that are purposely putting stuff out for it. Plus, I've never played a Metal Gear in my life and the price was right so might as well see what it's all about.

*Given I find myself buying perhaps 5-10 titles a year across all platforms I own these days, if you include a single humble bundle as a title and including mobile phones, I suspect I'm not a typical target for many games anymore though.
This game is the closest to Oblivion or Skyrim that I've seen on Android yet. It shows what developers could accomplish on mobile with the appropriate resources:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crescentmoongames.aralon2

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is not the best way to dip your toes into Metal Gear as awp stated. It's a hack and slash spin-off whereas the main games are stealth focused.

Anyone played Assassin's Creed Identity?  Just noticed it's on sale for 2.99 and looks interesting.  Again haven't played any in that series.*  Although I'm pretty sure this is not exactly the same style game play and really not something I normally play but then again, I haven't had a home console attached to the tv in years and rarely hook up the 360 controller to the pc.

*Ok being honest if it's not some form of  rpg; excluding arpgs, turn based tactical, board game, card game,  puzzle game, a Nintendo title, or the extremely rare arcade type indie I probably haven't played it if it came out in the past decade and a half.  But my backlog is mighty.  Just not compared to anyone on the steam thread.

Not a deal, but there's been talk about the Sega game Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse being pulled from digital storefronts on September 2. There has been speculation that the license will run out on that date. There is an Android port that is compatible with a variety of devices including Android TV, so here's a link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.castleofillusion_goo
They have a free Amazon Underground version as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Illusion-Starring-Mickey-Mouse/dp/B00Y3ZWEL6/

bread's done
Back