Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to Joe Dever's Lone Wolf, Google Play has Bulkypix games like Jazz: Trump's Journey, Pinwar, and Twin Blades on sale for $0.99. I can vouch for Jazz: Trump's Journey, and Twin Blades looks fun as well!

Hm interesting. I don't know. I hope these sales, Sonic Racing in particular, last through Christmas. I'm getting my grandma a Google Play gift card and that is one game I know she'd like. She loves the Xbox 360 version.

Your granny plays Sega? They could have used her in their marketing campaigns when they still made hardware. Regardless, the sale ends on Jan. 1 according to their blog.

Didn't see it posted yet but you can skip over the Idea Factory games on sale because one recently made its Android trip:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hyperdevbox.agarestwar
Record of Agarest War now on Android. Until the 31st it'll be 900 yen, around $9. Generally a bit lower like it is right now.

Seems to have all the content that the PC version has (which is the same as the console version with some free DLC in there). Generally more expensive than other games but it's a full blown game here.

Didn't see it posted yet but you can skip over the Idea Factory games on sale because one recently made its Android trip:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hyperdevbox.agarestwar
Record of Agarest War now on Android. Until the 31st it'll be 900 yen, around $9. Generally a bit lower like it is right now.

Seems to have all the content that the PC version has (which is the same as the console version with some free DLC in there). Generally more expensive than other games but it's a full blown game here.
Kemco has made me VERY averse to JRPG's on my Android phone...I know this is a console JRPG developer, and I'm enjoying Sorcery Saga (a Compile Heart game). But can anyone vouch for quality on this one?

Credit goes to mknight354 on SlickDeals.net

Dec 24 - 28th free $5 Amazon credit to use on apps and games on Android devices
Customers who download an app or game from the newest version of the Amazon Appstore for Android to their Android device between December 24th and December 28th will receive a $5 credit to use on the future purchase of apps, games and in-app items from the Amazon Appstore.

In addition to this limited time offer, all Amazon Appstore customers will find a paid app for free every day, including Angry Birds Star Wars II and Where's My Perry?, as well as exclusive Free App of the Day bundles on December 25th and December 26th. Other top titles will be discounted by 50-90%

-- December 25 - Free App of the Day Welcome Pack, which includes My Alarm Clock, Handrite Notes Notepad Pro, Stellarium Mobile Sky Map, Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga, SPC Music Sketchpad 2, PrinterShare Mobile Print, and Moon Phase Pro

-- December 26th Office Suite Pro 7 - only $0.99 (originally $14.99)

-- December 26 - Free App of the Day Favorites, which includes Daily Ab Workout, The Lost City, Voxel Invaders, Chimpact, Osmos HD, Fraction Calculator Plus, Ultimate Hangman HD, From Cheese, and Business Calendar

-- Free App of the Day deals:
December 23 - Draw a Stickman: EPIC
December 24 - Piano Master Christmas Special
December 25 - Angry Birds Star Wars II
December 26 - Where's my Perry?
December 27 - Quell Memento
December 28 - Doodle Farm

Link to App Store: http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps...2350149011

Link to $5 Promo Details: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=appst...8197990011
$5 promotional credit expires on March 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM (PST).
Thanks semifast

$5 Promo offer excludes: Kindle Fire Products

The only kemco game I tried was Symphony of Eternity. It controlled fine, but was just so repetitive. You put all the random encounters on auto the bosses are defeated by using skills and healing potions. 

Nice, so even free apps count from what I understand to trigger that $5 amazon promo?
1. Find and open “Amazon Appstore” on your device.
2. Go to “Settings” > “Version and Release Notes” to ensure you have version 7.5 or greater of the Appstore. If you have an earlier version of the Appstore, please tap “Check For Update”.
3. Once you have the latest version of Appstore installed, download any app or game from the Appstore. (Yes, even a free one.)
4. Enjoy! We will send you a confirmation via email once the credit is added to your account. Most credits are applied within a minute, but processing may take up to an hour.
from the promo page

Anybody know if there's a way to use this $5 credit to buy donuts for Simpsons Tapped Out?

Edit:

They only sell the Kindle Tablet Edition of it so that's a no for me even if you can :(

I want Heroes of Might and Magic, but don't want to pay $4.99 for it. Seems that it's no longer on sale. Anyone know of any other deals/ways to get it?

Credit goes to mknight354 on SlickDeals.net

Dec 24 - 28th free $5 Amazon credit to use on apps and games on Android devices
Customers who download an app or game from the newest version of the Amazon Appstore for Android to their Android device between December 24th and December 28th will receive a $5 credit to use on the future purchase of apps, games and in-app items from the Amazon Appstore.

In addition to this limited time offer, all Amazon Appstore customers will find a paid app for free every day, including Angry Birds Star Wars II and Where's My Perry?, as well as exclusive Free App of the Day bundles on December 25th and December 26th. Other top titles will be discounted by 50-90%

-- December 25 - Free App of the Day Welcome Pack, which includes My Alarm Clock, Handrite Notes Notepad Pro, Stellarium Mobile Sky Map, Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga, SPC Music Sketchpad 2, PrinterShare Mobile Print, and Moon Phase Pro

-- December 26th Office Suite Pro 7 - only $0.99 (originally $14.99)

-- December 26 - Free App of the Day Favorites, which includes Daily Ab Workout, The Lost City, Voxel Invaders, Chimpact, Osmos HD, Fraction Calculator Plus, Ultimate Hangman HD, From Cheese, and Business Calendar

-- Free App of the Day deals:
December 23 - Draw a Stickman: EPIC
December 24 - Piano Master Christmas Special
December 25 - Angry Birds Star Wars II
December 26 - Where's my Perry?
December 27 - Quell Memento
December 28 - Doodle Farm

Link to App Store: http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps...2350149011

Link to $5 Promo Details: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=appst...8197990011
$5 promotional credit expires on March 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM (PST).
Thanks semifast

$5 Promo offer excludes: Kindle Fire Products
Much appreciation to you my friend. I didnt even know about this until you posted this. Thank you kind sir.

Once I finish downloading the free apps of the day on Amazon, I'll switch over to Google Play and check out Breach and Clear. For 99 cents and supporting a CAG, how can I say no?

Any suggestions on what to get on the Amazon app store with the $5 credit? Between various Google Play sales, Humble and Amazon FAOTD I already have a lot of stuff and browsing through Amazon's selection I'm at a bit of a loss.

Amazon has 11 free apps today.

Angry Birds Star Wars II

My Alarm Clock

Relax Melodies Premium

Moon Phase Pro

Printershare

Another Monster at the End of This Book

Handrite Notes Notepad Pro

Photo Studio Pro (Kindle Tablet Edition)

Stellarium Mobile Sky Map

SPC - Music Sketchpad 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Also, I'm not entirely sure how promo credits work with Amazon Appstore... I can use it to buy multiple items correct?  Also, does it take the promo credit off if I choose to use coins instead of cash?

I've never used the whole "1 click checkout" thing so I don't want to hit the button to use my $5 promo credit if it's not going to work correctly since I can't (I assume, since it's called "1 click checkout") double check the purchase before confirming.

But I just bought Sonic 2 since it's on sale on Google Play. FUUUU

I'm wary about the promo code too. On Amazon, whenever you use promo codes during checkout, they can only be used for one order so you lost the money if you order for less than that.

But I just bought Sonic 2 since it's on sale on Google Play. FUUUU

I'm wary about the promo code too. On Amazon, whenever you use promo codes during checkout, they can only be used for one order so you lost the money if you order for less than that.
And Amazon Digital content doesn't let you add multiple items to a cart.

Maybe I'll just get Sonic 4 Episode I because it idiotically is showing as not compatible with Shield on Google Play and Nvidia has been aware of it for some time now but hasn't done squat to get it sorted out with Sega. :roll:

*Edit: Okay just bought Sonic and with the 1 click settings and the order did deduct from my $5 credit and leave me with $3.01 credit. You can see how much credit you have by clicking "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance" below the "buy now" button and a popup box will show you how much credit you have left.

Any suggestions for a controller that will work on these games? I have problems adapting to touch screen controls.

I'm trying to download Relax Melodies Premium but it keeps pausing on me. The other apps downloaded with no problems.

BTW, I checked my email and Amazon also included a $1 credit towards an MP3/album purchase.

Any suggestions on what to get on the Amazon app store with the $5 credit? Between various Google Play sales, Humble and Amazon FAOTD I already have a lot of stuff and browsing through Amazon's selection I'm at a bit of a loss.
It's good for a few months. I'm planning to get The Room 2 when it comes to Android. There's nothing really catching my eye at the moment.

I would avoid the Moga Pocket. I really dislike mine. I also have the Moga Pro which is quite good. I think it's comfortable and feels like a controller I'd use with my pc or console. The newer power models seem to be good as well and the more pocketable version has real sticks. They definitely learned some things between the pocket and pro models that I assume were applied to them.

It looks nice, but it lacks the D-pad. The pro is more to my liking but I don't want to spend $50. Know of anything around $30?
The PS3's DualShock 3 works well. You have to buy the software, but it's really well made.

There are commercial options as well as DIY instructions around online if you want to physically attach it to your phone to make it like a handheld.

I'm actually planning on using it with my 10 inch Asus tablet. The PS3 option sounds good; I also have a spare Xbox/PC controller if there's a way to get that to work as well.

BTW, Sonic 2 and Monster at the End of this Book don't show up on the Amazon app. Amazon.com shows they are not compatible (even though it says Android devices).

Hey all - so I have a hand-me-down Kindle Fire HD from my parents and I'm taking my first steps into Android gaming. Im still doing research but I remember hearing that the Kindle Fires are a little more restrictive than open vanilla Android devices. Is there anything I should know I avoid stress over trying to sideload apps and games? I'm eyeballing Frozen Synapse in particular.

Also, any good sites/tips for Android newcomers? Is side loading on the device itself doable or should I be transferring over from a PC?

Another 10 free Apps from Amazon.  All but "Where's My Perry" comes with 20 free coins.

Where's My Perry?

The Lost City

Osmos HD

Ultimate Hangman HD

Daily Ab Workout

Fraction Calculator Plus

Chimpact

Voxel Invaders

From Cheese

Business Calendar

Another 10 free Apps from Amazon. All but "Where's My Perry" comes with 20 free coins.

Where's My Perry?

The Lost City

Osmos HD

Ultimate Hangman HD

Daily Ab Workout

Fraction Calculator Plus

Chimpact

Voxel Invaders

From Cheese

Business Calendar
thanks another 1.60 in free coins, already had ultimate hangman hd. :)

Quell Memento is the FAotD at Amazon which I haven't played yet but loved Quell and Quell Reflect.  However, Amazon gives an IAP warning for Memento.  I'm getting it anyway since it's free but does anyone know what the IAP involves?  Is it just "purchase our other games" stuff or is it actual game stuff (hints, extra moves, etc).

[quote name="Syntax Error" post="11391568" timestamp="1388161390"]Quell Memento is the FAotD at Amazon which I haven't played yet but loved Quell and Quell Reflect. However, Amazon gives an IAP warning for Memento. I'm getting it anyway since it's free but does anyone know what the IAP involves? Is it just "purchase our other games" stuff or is it actual game stuff (hints, extra moves, etc).[/quote]

There's a cart under options that lets you buy coins and other "cheats".

bread's done
Back