Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a good real-time multiplayer trivia game on Android?  I know at bars sometimes they have this Buzztime Trivia game where you just answer questions while you drink and compete with others in the bar and around the country.  Is there something like this for mobile, anyone know?

Anyone else playing Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign?

Alliances (and cloud saving! yes!) are coming to the next update. Should we form a CAG team? Any tips/suggestions?

I can usually place in the top 20 for tournaments but breaking into the top 10 seems out of my reach.

<Create a separate thread if necessary>
I play it, almost religiously. I'm the same as you. I have a hard time cracking into the top 5 in most events. Thanks god they're going to implement cloud saving though. I wondered what I was going to do when I get a new phone this summer.

I play it, almost religiously. I'm the same as you. I have a hard time cracking into the top 5 in most events. Thanks god they're going to implement cloud saving though. I wondered what I was going to do when I get a new phone this summer.
When I broke my phone about a month ago and had to replace it, they surprisingly were very helpfull in restoring my account. I just emailed the support people with my old player ID and the new code with my phone and they were able to restore everything. I would have probably be in tears if I lost my team. (I'm using a level 60 Thor, 37 Storm, and then whoever else I get stuck with.

Anyone else playing Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign?

Alliances (and cloud saving! yes!) are coming to the next update. Should we form a CAG team? Any tips/suggestions?

I can usually place in the top 20 for tournaments but breaking into the top 10 seems out of my reach.

<Create a separate thread if necessary>
I was starting to think only I played this. No one else I know does, so I dont have anyone to share on facebook with. Thats a lot of ISO someone could be getting for free!

Also Im due to upgrade my phone soon, so I was curious, as I finally have a decent set now. Of course now that I got Thor & Astonishing Wolvie up to level 85, they nerfed them..... :wall:

Just waiting for them to nerf Modern Hawkeye & Original Black Widow, since they usually round out my team for their use of blue tiles.

Who's trying to get Psylocke in the simulator? Im at #36 now but freaking 6 more days. If I can get at least 1 Psy card Id be ok with it.

Also Im due to upgrade my phone soon, so I was curious, as I finally have a decent set now. Of course now that I got Thor & Astonishing Wolvie up to level 85, they nerfed them..... :wall:

Just waiting for them to nerf Modern Hawkeye & Original Black Widow, since they usually round out my team for their use of blue tiles.
I felt the same way about Wolverine--that was immensely frustrating how they announced it for several days before destroying my main strategy. At least I have a level 85 Captain America (great because he's buffed for the Simulator), but his abilities aren't the greatest.

I agree about Thor and Wolverine (Astonishing). Since they were offering so much coins and crystals I "sold" them back. I started another Thor, because his yellow ability goes well with Hulk, but I haven't gotten far. I hope they don't nerf Black Widow (Classic) either. Mine is level 102. Most of my two star characters are maxed out at level 85 and most of my three stars are between levels 50-80.

What I do now is wait for an event and see which characters get a power up automatically in them. If my character(s) isn't fully leveled up, that's what I spend my crystals on. Also, it's most worth using coins on shields during the smaller events.

I'm doing the Simulator for Psylocke right now too. I think I was ranked #8 overall last I checked. She's a good character.

I was about to sell mine back since I wasnt happy with my covers on Thor. Funny though the nerf made his current set up perfect.  My Thor has more emphasis on yellow & green powers than the red. Since they handicapped the red power horribly it really doesnt affect me.

Wish I could get more Widow Grey suit covers but the healing power on Widow original helps a lot. 

Glad they power up certain characters for events though. I have hardly ever used Loki or Classic Magneto, but with this event Ive leveled them up & they are kicking ass!

Wanted to love cap so bad, I remember that event & trying so hard to get him.  His power set is horrible, everyone else can do his powers so much better.  Takes too long to get protect tiles with his yellow, & the blue/red tiles usually get matched before you can get the recharge.

Yeah my Thor was set for Red and Yellow, if I build him up as Green and Yellow, he is also a good compliment to Hulk or Black Widow (Grey Suit).

I like these big events because you can get lots of crystals. That's how I am able to power my characters up so high. I have a level 15 Magneto and am kicking myself a little because since the game as been out I've gotten quite a few of his covers but they were so few and far between I never kept them. I could have a pretty powerful one by now.

Yeah Cap is really disappointing. i use him only in situations like this simulator event and only for his blue power.

Yeah, if I had enough Iso-8 to fully level up my team, I'd have levels in the 60s or 70s. I'm just stuck in the mid 50s now.

I finished in the top 15 in both recent Iron Man tournaments. Thought I had 10th place locked up, so I shielded myself with 10 hours to go. Didn't count on others passing my score and knocking me down.

My Main team in PQ is only 2- Star Wolverine at 53, 2-Star Black Widow at 43 and then 1-Star Venom at 40. I have a bunch of others in the 30s too. My main gripe is that I have a BUNCH of 3-star characters and even the 4-star Invisible Woman but never get any more than those and so I am stuck being unable to level them!

And yes I would love to have more allies in there, I have 2 right now that I can send to and only one of those people actually plays the game haha 

Card City Nights - $1.98 (Regular: $3.99)

It's a single-player Adventure Card Game (sort of like Final Fantasy's Triple Triad) from the developers of Ittle Dew. It's got a similar art-style and sense of humor to ID, along with some slightly redesigned characters. They're having a 50% off launch week sale on the Play Store and on Steam. I picked it up after seeing someone stream the PC version, and it's been pretty fun so far on my tablet.

My main gripe is that I have a BUNCH of 3-star characters and even the 4-star Invisible Woman but never get any more than those and so I am stuck being unable to level them!
THIS!

I have to keep selling all my usless 1 stars for room in my inventory (looking at you next Venom, then sell off Hawkeye classic... again). Which means yes Im happy to have all the 3 & 4 star covers; but not being able to level them & naturally having the most useless powers makes them worthless to use. I finally got all powers for Ares but 1 cover for each power only gets him to lvl 9. Opposite for hulk, He's at lvl 45 but all I have is maxed green power for him and nothing else.

Shields, meh. When they updated & put in shields & boosts cost hero points I almost put down the game. I get the business model, but its crap how much you can pay. For what? The rewards arent even guaranteed if you pay anyways. Ive gotten quite a bit of good covers from Standard tokens & lots of crap from heroic ones. Id hate to drop some cash on covers & get screwed with tons of Dakens, like I already get.

I know D3 has a forum for this game but there's not a thread on CAG for it yet? Also would be great if you could trade covers as opposed to selling them for iso, cause I know Im getting covers someone else could use.

Card City Nights - $1.98 (Regular: $3.99)

It's a single-player Adventure Card Game (sort of like Final Fantasy's Triple Triad) from the developers of Ittle Dew. It's got a similar art-style and sense of humor to ID, along with some slightly redesigned characters. They're having a 50% off launch week sale on the Play Store and on Steam. I picked it up after seeing someone stream the PC version, and it's been pretty fun so far on my tablet.
too bad its not on amazon .... still kicking myself buying another fire

I think I might pick up that Card City nights.

I'm surprised in Marvel puzzle quest how I can knock off guys 10+ levels above mine with just some well chosen boosts and a little luck. I finished in the top 3 of the hard simulator mode. Now to see what I get with all those tokens. Can't seem to get ahead in the Nefarious Foes tournament though.

Yeah I never even bother with one star characters once I got a couple two stars. Ah well. These tournaments like the current simulator are really nice because you can pick up a lot of crystals fast. My Black Widow (Grey Suit) is at level 113. One thing that really rubbed me wrong was the one time I finished first in a tournament, and got my only Wolverine (X-Force) cover was the tournament immediately before they started award first place finisher with the top two level prizes. My Iron Man (Model 40) would be so much better now.

You can now buy Amazon Coins.

They're currently discounted. Buying 500 is $4.80. You can get up to 10000 for $90, but no one is going to do that, right? 

It's not much of a deal, but if you buy a lot of apps via Amazon it's an option with slight savings.

I've finished in the top 5 for the past two rounds for Simulator Hard Mode in MPQ. Powered up Doom, Storm and Daken are nearly unstoppable. Hulk spams green matches which Daken then just turns into attack tiles.

Puts me in the top 30 overall. No way I can crack the top 10. I'll probably have to sell my Moonstone for Psylocke though. I never used her anyway.

I've been  using Moonstone a lot in this simulator. I always like the idea of using Daken, especially in conjunction with Black Widow (Grey Suit's Purple ability) or Hulk, but I always feel I'd rather have another true attacker. That may be dumb thinking now though.

I'm still in the top ten overall. I'm glad to see the last two simulators feature Hulk. I don't have a Dr. Doom (just never keep his covers) so I missed out on a lot of points last round.

I already have it from the first time they gave it away, but that was cool of them to switch it. Ironically  I think that's how the first one became the FAOTD; they switched to it halfway through the day.

between.  BD   and  AGE OF demons for the   3ds and vita and     Wizard 101   i think is been a month since i picked up my kindle  or at least a few weeks.   

got to love  Gathr 

20 bucks  for   16 amazon gift card   10 bucks to  TRU or Target and  free  Wizard membership    like getting 30 for 20  :) 

I guess Im doing the simulator wrong, I always end up around 25. Then again I think its cause I always join the second the new rounds start and Im place in a more competitive bracket. I dont really care for the HP in the top 10 though, all Id use it for is to increase my storage. Do I really want all the 1 stars I keep selling off?

Im blazing through most modes with a Daken, Ragnarok, Hulk Team.  They're finally making me level up my daken who I thought was worthless.  But man thats a combo, since they're all buffed.  On the dessert levels, 1 star modern storm is wicked! Try it if you have her.  Her red knocks down all the dessert tiles, which you use to make green tiles, which charges her green power, rinse and repeat.  Its almost an infinite loop if you get it right.  Only on the dessert levels would I replace Ragnarok with her.

Im not dropping moonstone, now that Ive got her in a good level she's not too bad. Just have to know how to use her.  Her black can really screw things up when the enemy places a countdown tile.  Plus her red, just make sure the board is packed with reds & photon blast can take away some HP! Thanks to the Daredevil tourney I got more moonstone covers, just couldnt push into #45 to get a blue classic magneto cover, which I need.

Anyone else trying the magneto or elite tourney? I did the practice round for the mag tourney for the Marvel now blue cover, which maxes out that power for me I think.  The elite, I have a hard time dropping 300 HP for the chance I may get some back & some heroic tokens? Doesnt seem worth it.

They're ending it with a bang, damn dino is a bitch on hard, then hulk powered up at the end too? Make sure you have someone who can stun. Classic storm or cap, always bring them to that end fight.

For some reason this round I'm having a harder time with the non-hard mode simulator. Which I guess is ok since Hard Mode gives more points. In reference to how you think you may be doing it wrong, do you know that the points you win go back up after a few hours? I usually go through each fight once, wait until my characters I use heal up, then go through again. You get max points that way.

I haven't done an Elite event yet. Is it worth the coins?

In reference to how you think you may be doing it wrong, do you know that the points you win go back up after a few hours? I usually go through each fight once, wait until my characters I use heal up, then go through again. You get max points that way.
I go through each fight to earn all rewards. So I may be screwing up the countdown and recharge for points. I never took that into consideration. Also Ive been trying to quickly get the patch covers, but looks like Im only getting 1 yellow, making me have only 2 yellows for my patch.

Ive also learned that depending on when you enter a tourney it places you in different brackets. The simulator has only 200 players per bracket. By going in all gung ho I guess Im putting myself in with the heavy players who can rack up easily. I just try to get in their before all the levels start scaling too high, lvl 230 enemies? Yeah no way in hell I can beat that even with boosts.

Speaking of tourneys, any tips? I think most people caught on you can get better rankings coming in later. As I said I only got the mid moonstone prize in blind justice but I came in an hour and a half before it ended. And that was after I had knocked a few rounds in the simulator.

I know one thing now with shields you have to spend in order to save your spot. Also learned the hard way that the shield can screw you over too. Whats the point of protection when your score is dropping since you cant fight anyways?

Yeah, shielding screwed me over once too. It's probably only good to shield once you have your spot secure. Meaning, you have a high enough point total that the next player can't catch up.

I'm in the top 5 in the easy mode for the simulator, but for some reason the hard mode is extra challenging this time. There's several teams I can't get past. I'd like to crack the top 50 for the Magneto tournament in order to finally nab a punisher cover, but don't know if I have time.

For some reason this round I'm having a harder time with the non-hard mode simulator.
I'm in the top 5 in the easy mode for the simulator, but for some reason the hard mode is extra challenging this time. There's several teams I can't get past.
Lol you guys need to work together then! Powered up Hulk, thats all I can say. I managed to get a Hulk Red cover from the highly trained tokens at the end of each round. Managing some decent covers from the standard tokens as well.

I need some punisher covers myself, Luckily I have 1, the red cover. So if I can manage a green and black Id be pretty happy. Just waiting to see how psylocke handles though, since dardevil is worthless against non heroes.

They didn't used to have the points climb back up after periods of time. They only started that with the Hulk tournament I think, but I didn't catch on quick enough. Otherwise I'd have a more powerful Hulk by having placed better. I started this simulator a day into it, so maybe it's a good idea to wait from initially joining in events.

For some reason I fair much better with the base token cards than higher ones. The token cards that draw level 1 stars and up I usually, of course, get level 1s stars but many times I get level 3 stars. That's how I always got Magneto, how I got half my Hulk's, and most of my Punisher's. I even drew a green cover for Invisible Woman once. Typically with the better token cards I just get Captain America, which again is near useless whether I had all his covers or not already, or some form of Hawkeye.

I seem to be staying put at Rank 4 overall in the simulator today, which I'm happy about. One cover of each for Psylocke. It would be nice to get another cover for Invisible Woman though. I only have two green covers for her. I was initially excited for Daredevil, but the computer never uses his trap tiles in combos. That makes him pretty useless, though my Daredevil isn't very high (3 covers I think).

What? Three days without a post?

I guess I'll tell you what the Amazon FAOTD is.

Contacts Excel

Some way to put your contacts into excel, I guess.

I only finished in the top 15 of the Lone Star (One Star Only Characters) tournament. Was up to 11th place with just a few minutes to go, but I must have got knocked down. 

I have two of the powered-up characters for this Black Panther event, Storm Classic and Cap. Both have their 13 powers. And it's really getting sickening making sure I'm in the top 50 for each round so I can get a powered-up token, only to draw one of those two. Lots of time spent just for 125 iso for selling it back. 5 of 6 draws to this point have been just that (3 Cap, 2 Storm). I did get Punisher on my first draw, so I was hopeful for the rest, only to have my hopes shattered. A Hay Day style trading marketplace would rock, where you could sell your duplicate covers for some kind of credit instead of iso. Then that credit could only be used in the marketplace to buy covers from others. I know it would take away from the cash marketplace a bit, but for someone that hasn't spent a dime anyway (like me), that would make total sense. Also, I would easily pay an up front 5 bucks for unlimited collection spots.

My powered up team of Storm, Psyclocke and Magneto is destroying this event. I just really need more ISO to fully level them up.

Yeah  I've been getting nothing but Captain America from the Powered-Up tokens, so I'm not even concerned with the placing in the smaller events. I've been using this event to level up my Punisher. A powered up Psylocke can be powerful, and I think is a good indication of what she can do once you put some covers on her and level her up. At one point I was first overall, but the game likes to swing back and forth. I can play and dominate during one series of play, then get out of the game and not play for like half a day and when I go back for another round of fights, with the same enemies etc., I get destroyed. It goes back and forth like that at least for me.

Case in point: I went to play just after posting and breezed through the highest level fights. I was about to win another and my sister called, which not only negates the battle you're in but causes your characters to lose half their life and you lose any active power ups. After the call I get back in and can barely squeeze by one battle against lesser leveled enemies. They really need to address what happens when you get a phone call. Why can't they just have the match pause and then unpause when you get off a call? Also, I noticed they did away with a lot of power ups with this mornings update, including 20% extra damage against Dark Avengers. That one alone helped people stay competitive against their unnaturally high level enemies (we can't go above level 85 from a 2 star yet the computer can go up to level 230, WTF!). 

Agree on the phone call thing. I've found that on my Note 3, I can hold the home button and switch back to MPQ while still on the call and it won't interrupt anything. Not only was that annoying to not be able to lock up a sure victory, you lose half your life, and probably have to use 3 heals to get back into it, limiting your play time.

Odd, I got a phone call during a game today and was able to go back no problem. (Motorola Photon Q)

I've gotten a few Psylocke covers from the past episode and the last tournament. Ended up being one place shy of getting her blue cover though.

My powered up team of Storm, Psyclocke and Magneto is destroying this event. I just really need more ISO to fully level them up.
This is my go to team for this event. They pretty much own everyone. Im loving Psylocke, mostly her black and red skills. Her blue honestly is pretty pointless. Save that blue for C storm team hit and stun or MN Magneto just to be an ass. There's something thats just gratifying about being able to blow all the tiles on the screen at once with magneto's fully powered blue skill.

I think I FINALLY found something to spend those stupid amazon coins on! Zen Pinball HD, which we all know is free, is now available on the Amazon Appstore for NON kindle devices. Of course you have to purchase each table through in app purchases. By downloading from Amazon, you can purchase those tables via amazon coins. Best part is they're having a deal where each table you get, you earn 60 coins back. Someone do the math on that since each table is 199 amazon coins.

Here's the link, guess it was always for non kindle devices?

Apparently it costs 2500 iso to create an alliance. Anyone have an excess to start up The CAGvengers to see what the he77 it does?

Reading the official mpq forum, there seems to be nothing great about alliances yet. It's limited to 5 man teams it seems. I need more info before I drop the iso that could gain some levels.

Love the new respec update though. Now I can fix some of my original roster. Got 4 tokens for being in the top 5 in both rounds last time. 3 magneto marvel now's, 1 of each color & 1 yellow classic storm. Could finally fix storm to have 5* in yellow. Had to toss all the magneto covers, those are what I get instead of cap.

I'll join the alliance if someone starts. Had no idea it cost 2500 to start one.

The psylocke tournament keeps matching me up with people above my level and then giving me "bonus" points if I'd beat them. I'd rather take down 10 easy opponents than 5 hard ones.

bread's done
Back