Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good...I am a big Blizzard fan and I watch a lot of Hearthstone on twitch.tv.

Be aware that you need a semi-high end device to run this game well. My Moto G which is about a year old struggles with it sadly...
It's been great so far. Haven't felt pressured to buy stuff yet but that may change as I play more.

And I'm running it on a Galaxy S3 (a 3 year old device) and it struggles as well but it DOES work. Can't wait to upgrade to the S5 or S6 to run the game more smoothly.

does hearthstone have dlc, wondering if it does could use coins on amazon. if not ill probably get google play version (usually updates first on google)
Easy solution. This is not an android game or an iOS game, it's a blizzard game. You log in with a battle.net account (or create one if you do not have one) and play the game. Your decks and collection are tied to the account.

So do what I did...

Download it via Amazon. Use your coins (30% back if you use them on card packs). Then delete the game and download it from google play if you want to.

And if you enjoy it you can download it on PC and login and keep playing it there.

how's hearthstone, im curious
the game itself is decent.

playing for free is not very good though (in general it's recommended to treat it like buying a retail game and nabbing that many packs with the money to have a decent deck). They are way to stingy with gold locking it being daily quests that often rely on you winning X games with Y deck which can take hours to do for 50 cents worth of gold due to a horrible match making system that often sends a new player off to face off against another player with a fully loaded deck. (even with good luck you are often looking at 45 minutes or so to clear the low level quests)

I personally really enjoyed the arena mode, especially when I started winning 5+ times on each run, but the grind to get money to do the arena mode was more than enough to turn me off the game. I really wish you could just grind out quests against a standard AI as the pitiful amount of gold they hand out via quests is hardly enough to care if someone is just grinding an easy bot to get it.

the game itself is decent.

playing for free is not very good though (in general it's recommended to treat it like buying a retail game and nabbing that many packs with the money to have a decent deck). They are way to stingy with gold locking it being daily quests that often rely on you winning X games with Y deck which can take hours to do for 50 cents worth of gold due to a horrible match making system that often sends a new player off to face off against another player with a fully loaded deck. (even with good luck you are often looking at 45 minutes or so to clear the low level quests)

I personally really enjoyed the arena mode, especially when I started winning 5+ times on each run, but the grind to get money to do the arena mode was more than enough to turn me off the game. I really wish you could just grind out quests against a standard AI as the pitiful amount of gold they hand out via quests is hardly enough to care if someone is just grinding an easy bot to get it.
damn that sucks, seems like a quick play then uninstall.

damn that sucks, seems like a quick play then uninstall.
YMMV, I have a few friends that adore the game, though I believe all of them have put at least $30 into the game. I should also note I haven't played since the first single player expansion came out, so the match making might be a bit better now, but I haven't read anything about an overhaul of the match making system.

how's hearthstone, im curious
I think it's a great F2P game as long as you're not aiming to be very competitive early on. It takes a long while to get more powerful cards for high-end decks, but getting there doesn't feel like a grind to me, every match is interesting and fun, and you get enough initial cards to make some decent decks for the lower ranks and the "PVE" content.

Amazon is giving away $105 Worth of Apps Until 18 April

Plants vs. Zombies (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition
MeteoEarth
Wolfram|Alpha
Table Top Racing
Songsterr Guitar Tabs & Chords
Plants vs. Zombies
Runtastic PRO GPS Running, Walking & Fitness Tracker
Adventure Time Game Wizard
Osmos HD
Virtua Tennis Challenge
Pudding Monsters HD
City Maps 2Go Pro - Offline Map and Travel Guide
Prince of Persia Classic
F18 Carrier Landing II Pro
Chess and Mate - Premium chess learning program for children and the whole family
Amazing Alex Premium
Splashtop Whiteboard
Fun English Course - Language Learning Games for Kids Aged 3-10
Unmechanical
LectureNotes
A Better Camera
Mobile Doc Scanner (MDScan)
Oxford Spanish Dictionary
TouchDraw
RDP Pro Client: aRDP

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_15_04_16_Apr1_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=10076151011

Plants Vs Zombies is one of the few apps I have had to buy over again to use it on a non-Kindle device.

The Plants vs. Zombies (WiFi Download Only) version on Amazon does work on my other Android devices, but it is the old version. No mini-games, zen garden, and other stuff.

The yellow Plants vs. Zombies version on Amazon seems to only work for Kindle devices, however it is fairly updated. Not sure if it up to the level of Google Play, but it does have the mini games, zen garden, and other extras.

Honestly I would just skip using the old Wifi version on Amazon and just spend the $0.49 for the new version on Google Play.

I still don't why Plants Vs Zombies 2 isn't on Amazon.

Oh and that was weird that they released Plants Vs Zombies Pinball on Amazon a few months ago and then they just pulled it.

Hey, that 2000 Amazon coin bonus from buying GTA:SA last year should expire in about a month from now. Better get spending!
Thanks for the head up.

Looks like I got it back in May 15th, 2014 according to my order history.

2.5 Expiration Dates; Application of Coins. Purchased Coins do not expire. Promotional Coins expire one year after the later of the date we give them to you or the date you last purchased or redeemed Coins. When you make a purchase with Coins, any Promotional Coins you have will be applied first, followed by your Purchased Coins.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_coins_tou?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201434520

Does anyone else have a problem with finding the Dead Space game on Google Play? It used to be on the store and compatible with my device, but it doesn't show up for me anymore.

Considering get a new tablet. Would like to get a 32GB or higher, but at least 16GB. I don't want to spend too much, but I also don't want some junk tablet either.

Does this Acer Iconia 8" 32GB for $149.99 look like a good one?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-iconia-8-intel-atom-32gb-slate/4079087.p?id=1219618214120&skuId=4079087

A better option? I would like to stay under $200. I have lots of Best Buy and Amazon credit, so I would prefer to buy from there.
If I was looking for a tablet for under $200 I would look at the Nexus 7 because it is still getting updates from google and has custom roms if you root. Or the Kindle Fire HDX 7 if you can stand the only Amazon AppStore and possible root.

Considering get a new Android tablet. Would like to get a 32GB or higher, but at least 16GB. I don't want to spend too much, but I also don't want some junk tablet either.

Does this Acer Iconia 8" 32GB for $149.99 look like a good one?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-iconia-8-intel-atom-32gb-slate/4079087.p?id=1219618214120&skuId=4079087

A better option? I would like to stay under $200. I have lots of Best Buy and Amazon credit, so I would prefer to buy from there.
I also use the Acer Iconia A200. Are you unsatisfied with it? It's slow but my only issue with it is that my web browser crashes all the time. I don't think I'll upgrade until it stops working completely.

Hey, that 2000 Amazon coin bonus from buying GTA:SA last year should expire in about a month from now. Better get spending!
Crap. Thanks for the reminder. But there's nothing to buy....looks like I'll be using it on Catan and Carcassion dlc. Is there any other good board games turned app? I already got Ticket to Ride and Small World as well

If I was looking for a tablet for under $200 I would look at the Nexus 7 because it is still getting updates from google and has custom roms if you root. Or the Kindle Fire HDX 7 if you can stand the only Amazon AppStore and possible root.
I haven't used the Kindle Fire HDX 7, but I do have a Fire HD 6 and have used it extensively, and Fire OS is total rubbish. I would stay away. This is coming from someone who worships at the altar of Amazon.

Sorry I don't have any experience with sub 200 tablets. I do know my Galaxy Note 2012 10.1 model is pissing me the fuck off. It has slowed to a major crawl. Virus scan is clean.

Does anyone know if the hot reboot or recovery option on a customer rom allows a hard reset without the need to reload a memory card with the rom? Or would a hard reset activated by the normal button presses work with a custom rom? I know I could dig through xda threads but that would require finding the right one again. And much more digging.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201434520

2.5 Expiration Dates; Application of Coins. Purchased Coins do not expire. Promotional Coins expire one year after the later of the date we give them to you or the date you last purchased or redeemed Coins. When you make a purchase with Coins, any Promotional Coins you have will be applied first, followed by your Purchased Coins.
As long as you buy something with the coins, the remainder are still good for a year from the last purchase. If you've not used any coins since the 2000 coin special, then you only have a month to do something with them, yes.

Speaking of GTA:SA off Amazon, it's now available to download on non-Kindle devices. I just installed it on my Shield Tablet. I hope I have enough space to run it.

FYI to anyone with Final Fantasy VI from Amazon: The Amazon version has finally been updated to a Lollipop-compatible build.

Cross-posting - Humble Tin Man Games Mobile Bundle:

• Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106
  • Slaves of Rema
  • Siege of the Necromancer
  • An Assassin in Orlandes
Beat the Average for:

• Trial of the Clone
  • Curse of the Assassin
  • Fighting Fantasy: Caverns of the Snow Witch
  • Sultans of Rema
Pay $9 or more for:

• Ryan North's To Be Or Not To Be
  • Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller

[quote name="technohat" post="12651184" timestamp="1429564563"]Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller looks interesting but not worth spending $9 on.[/quote]
It was either free or 99 amazon lucre in the not to distant past

anyone know when that hitman sniper challenge game coming out, it was suppose to come out last year (hope it isn't some f2p nonsense)

They do have a site but you're better off with the app. It's called AppSales. It's really useful and even shows a chart of apps' price history in the last 60 days.

I think some people have also gotten deals from Android Police.

I just upgraded to the S6 and I have a lot of storage space to fill, anyone have any good game recomendations?
Getting a phone that has a microsd slot? Sorry, pet peeve of mine. And Samsung was one of the last holdouts. At least they bumped up the internal to 32 gb, otherwise it would be criminal. Not like you can take full advantage of the external card in Kit Kat without being rooted anyway and you have to enable it in Lollipop. Thanks Google for making that change no one asked for from Jellybean. *Grumble, grumble *

On a more related note, where do your tastes lie? I love strategy games but they aren't for everyone and some of my favorites, including one franchise in particular that everyone knows that I adore, don't translate well to the small screen of a phone. (I primarily use a tablet.)

I recommend Talisman if you like board games, Rubicon has some turn based strategy games that work well on the small screen. Fruit ninja is a favorite little time waster. Any puzzle quest game, Pixel Defender Puzzle, and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes scratch that puzzle itch. The latter seems to go on sale quite often. I enjoyed Raiden Legacy for a top down shooter. Likewise it makes the rounds on sales.

If you like interactive fiction the whole Lone Wolf collection is up in various forms. It is a game book style with stats, ability and combat and some versions add go further than that, including a new story with more of a varied game play than just the game books.

Hearthstone just got expanded to phones if you want a ccg fix but is free to play. I hear you can use the same account across platforms if you use your blizzard account though so what you spend on the pc and cards gained on there are added to your Android collection. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Maybe I saw it in this thread. I am too lazy to double check.

The others could probably recommend platformers and runners better than I could.

bread's done
Back