Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, back on topic.... possible deal, but odd.

I noticed on app sales a game called Onion Force was on sale for 99 cents. Researched it, it's an 'action tower defense game' with lewt and heros. Sounded cool, so I bought it.

Then, when scrolling through my apps looking for it, I noticed I had a copy with the 'actually free' banner from Amazon Underground. I don't remember getting it, but whatever, I could just have forgotten. So quick, I go back to googleplay and refund the bought version... and this deletes the one with the Amazon Underground banner. Weird, right? Why did googleplay install a 'Actually free' version? Don't know.

Anyway, I then went to AU and searched for OF, and found it and installed it. I don't know if this is a deal, for all I know it's always been on AU... but I figured I"d let people know since I found out about it in such an odd manner.

I've used Helium before and can attest that it works great (full version). I backed up all my saves/data to Google Drive. Then reinstalled the apps from Google Play and backed up saves/data with Helium from Google Drive.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Over on the Nvidia forums, people say it works on Shield TV but has to be sideloaded including the app data.

I think it was just an oversight since all other Rockstar games are compatible. Hopefully they will flip the switch or whatever it takes to make it available.
In some cases, an Android TV build has to be made separately, so I hope that's not the case. And the only one of my other Android devices that it will work on is my Shield portable, so if I can back up the app on it and move it to a SD card, I might be able to sideload it that way. As it stands, I might just wait until it gets updated. But not making Bully Shield TV compatible on day one was a bonehead move. If you're going to release a premium game that won't work on most Android devices, it would make sense to make it compatible with the most powerful Android device on the market, wouldn't it?

How do you even buy something that isn't compatible on Google Play anyway? Is there a workaround to get it to let you buy something that supposedly isn't compatible? I know Amazon lets you still buy them even if they are not compatible.
You can't. I would have to buy Bully and install it onto my Shield Portable, back up the file, copy it onto a SD card, and then reinstall it on my Shield TV from the SD card. I've done it before with other apps. As a matter of fact, I had to do the same thing to get Max Payne on my Shield TV. I've also done it with other Android devices. For instance, there are a number of Ouya games that will work on Shield TV after being backed up, sideloaded and copied. It's just a pain in the ass to have to do it. That said, since Max Payne still isn't natively compatible with Shield TV, there's a chance that Bully won't be either. And if that's the case, sideloading will be my only option.

You can't. I would have to buy Bully and install it onto my Shield Portable, back up the file, copy it onto a SD card, and then reinstall it on my Shield TV from the SD card. I've done it before with other apps. As a matter of fact, I had to do the same thing to get Max Payne on my Shield TV. I've also done it with other Android devices. For instance, there are a number of Ouya games that will work on Shield TV after being backed up, sideloaded and copied. It's just a pain in the ass to have to do it. That said, since Max Payne still isn't natively compatible with Shield TV, there's a chance that Bully won't be either. And if that's the case, sideloading will be my only option.
Damn. I forgot about Max Payne. Odd that all the GTA games are compatible and MP is not. That said, I think Bully runs on the same engine as those GTA games from that era and Max Payne may be different.

Hope it becomes compatible. I really would prefer to just buy it off the Play store to ensure updates, etc. Again on the Nvidia forums, someone said even the tile shows up as if it is Android TV compatible so that makes me hopeful.

Damn. I forgot about Max Payne. Odd that all the GTA games are compatible and MP is not. That said, I think Bully runs on the same engine as those GTA games from that era and Max Payne may be different.

Hope it becomes compatible. I really would prefer to just buy it off the Play store to ensure updates, etc. Again on the Nvidia forums, someone said even the tile shows up as if it is Android TV compatible so that makes me hopeful.
If you can sideload it successfully, it will update the same way it would on a native device as long as you allow updates. So that wouldn't be a problem.

Now back to the sales! Castle of Illusion is only 99 cents:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.castleofillusion_goo&hl=en

Ducktales: Remastered is also 99 cents:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.ducktalesremastered_goo&hl=en

If you can sideload it successfully, it will update the same way it would on a native device as long as you allow updates. So that wouldn't be a problem.

Now back to the sales! Castle of Illusion is only 99 cents:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.castleofillusion_goo&hl=en

Ducktales: Remastered is also 99 cents:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.ducktalesremastered_goo&hl=en
Those are both free on Amazon Underground as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Illusion-Starring-Mickey-Mouse/dp/B00Y3ZWEL6/

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-DuckTales-Remastered/dp/B00YILHCX0/

Looks like Google Play is offering extended 60 day trials of Music Unlimited again.  Check the banner at the top or in the entertainment section.  My girlfriend and I both got it (even though I was a member before and canceled my subscription sometime around the summer).

Edit: For those of you not interested in the music, the subscription also includes Youtube Red (ad-free Youtube with exclusive content)

For anyone waiting to complete the trilogy for free, Goat Simulator MMO Simulator is now free on Amazon Underground (including the new holiday level update).

Not a Google Play deal, but if anyone is looking for a good Bluetooth controller, I went to Target last night and found the Moga Pro Power game controller for Android devices on clearance for $39.98. It's a great controller. I already had one that I use for emulation on my Galaxy Tab during lunch breaks, but the left analog floats a bit now from daily use, so I picked up a spare. The DCPI is 207170020 if anyone wants to search Brickseek for it. They also had the same controller for Apple devices, but since I'm an Android die-hard, I didn't bother getting the DCPI for that one. And yes, this post is mostly a copy and paste from my Target clearance thread post!

Came here to post about dues ex go on amazon underground, but seems others got to it first.   i also see Pacman CE DX is up on there, but don't know if it's new [never noticed it before].

Also -- on google play Battlevoid Harbinger is on sale for 99 cents.  I've been playing it for a few days. it's great.     You explore various galaxies, buy/find weapons for your space ship (ion, laser, missiles, etc) and eventually have  a fleet of 3 ships for space battles.    You unlock new ships over time [with points earned each game, starting with small ships [only a couple weapon sockets] and eventually unlocking capital ships with 5 or so primary weapons, fighter docks, etc.  

The game isn't perfect, but it does capture that feel of a space 4x with action combat quite nicely.   Combat is fun and it feels good to try out new weapons and upgrade them, and having space battles with tons of weaponry in play never gets old.

$3 off $7 or more at Google Play with Paypal. Use by December 31st. May use this to make my own sale on Jade Empire if it doesn't get a sale by then.

https://coupons.paypal.com/offers/mmdxd8b
Careful folks... I applied this to my Paypal account, but it didn't actually apply the deal when I went to purchase a $7+ app. Looking at the terms, it is only applicable for people that received the actual promo email, so don't be fooled by the fact that it seems to let you apply the coupon to your account at first.

Edit: Nevermind, it works. Don't be fooled by what your Play store receipt says.

Also, I'm really pissed about Bully's rather limited range of compatbile Android devices. None of the three Android devices I own (which have never given me any compatibility problems before) are compatible. Forums seem to be rife with others making the same complaints; I hope they update it soon and expand compatibility.

I didn't get the email, applied the coupon to my account, bought a $10 movie (a couple of days ago), and it did apply for that.  PayPal was charged just the $7.  Could be a YMMV situation or they may have run out of $3 off vouchers.  Always good to double-check these things!

I didn't get the email, applied the coupon to my account, bought a $10 movie (a couple of days ago), and it did apply for that. PayPal was charged just the $7. Could be a YMMV situation or they may have run out of $3 off vouchers. Always good to double-check these things!
Yup, my mistake. My Play receipt showed the full price of $9.99, but when I check my Paypal balance, I see a pending transaction for $6.99. A bit confusing, but it does seem to work!

So would Bully even work with this since it's $6.99? Not like you can add other things to a cart to get over $7.
No, I had that issue last year with this promo code. There was nothing over $7 that I wanted to buy. But this year since Jade Empire is $9.99 and it doesn't look like a sale anytime soon...

No, I had that issue last year with this promo code. There was nothing over $7 that I wanted to buy. But this year since Jade Empire is $9.99 and it doesn't look like a sale anytime soon...
Yeah, that kinda sucks. I've been looking a Bully (but waiting for official Shield TV support). I played Jade Empire back on the original Xbox and remember having trouble getting into it.

Maybe some Square Enix games I want will go on sale but still be over the $7 mark. Hate to buy something and have it go on sale even cheaper than the $3 discount would give.

Noticed on appsales that some Zen Pinball standalone apps (Marvel, Portal, South Park, TWD) are currently 1/2 pric.  Anyone know if the same tables are discounted in the main app? 

Noticed on appsales that some Zen Pinball standalone apps (Marvel, Portal, South Park, TWD) are currently 1/2 pric. Anyone know if the same tables are discounted in the main app?
This is great. Thanks for sharing that these are on sale. I'll report back when I can about the table prices in-app.

Noticed on appsales that some Zen Pinball standalone apps (Marvel, Portal, South Park, TWD) are currently 1/2 pric. Anyone know if the same tables are discounted in the main app?
Nice. Looks like they're half off on both Google Play and Amazon. Tempted to grab the South Park and TWD tables for my Fire...maybe Bob's Burgers, too...haha

Looks like some of Square Enix titles are half off right now.

Finally picked up Final Fantasy IV, VI, and Adventures of Mana to use on the Shield. 

The Star Wars Pinball standalone is $0.10 on Google Play. $0.99 on Amazon and free on iTunes.

The Marvel Pinball standalone is $0.49 on Google Play. Free on Amazon and iTunes.

Time to use up my Amazon Coins for the in-app table purchases for Zen Pinball. :)

bread's done
Back