Android games ongoing sales.

KEMCO_GAMES is having a sale on all but their newest games for the next week on the Google Play store. They're mostly RPGs and are pretty well rated.

link

Symphony of Eternity was part of the recent 25 cent sale. Fans of that may want to check out the rest of their catalog.

I bumped this rarely used thread rather creating a new one because I honestly have no idea how much interest there is in these.

[quote name='louiedog']KEMCO_GAMES is having a sale on all but their newest games for the next week on the Google Play store. They're mostly RPGs and are pretty well rated.

link

Symphony of Eternity was part of the recent 25 cent sale. Fans of that may want to check out the rest of their catalog.

I bumped this rarely used thread rather creating a new one because I honestly have no idea how much interest there is in these.[/QUOTE]
I downloaded Symphony of Eternity and enjoyed playing it on my tablet. Is there anything else you would recommend off that list?

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I downloaded Symphony of Eternity and enjoyed playing it on my tablet. Is there anything else you would recommend off that list?[/QUOTE]

Haven't played any of them. Just saw the big list when I opened up App Sales on my phone this morning.

I guess it's also worth mentioning that Modern Combat 3 is 99 cents today, down from $7.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I downloaded Symphony of Eternity and enjoyed playing it on my tablet. Is there anything else you would recommend off that list?[/QUOTE]

If you liked Symphony the you should check out some of the others while they're only $0.99 (regularly $6.99.) I would say Eve and Alphadia for sure. Aeon Avenger and Grinsia look like they're a little different but even if you get them all that's $4 for $28 of games.:)

[quote name='louiedog']KEMCO_GAMES is having a sale on all but their newest games for the next week on the Google Play store. They're mostly RPGs and are pretty well rated.

link

I bumped this rarely used thread rather creating a new one because I honestly have no idea how much interest there is in these.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Picked up a whole bunch.

Someone in the comments for it said that the new one Knights of the Earthends we briefly and accidentally on sale for 99 cents before they fixed it. Damn, I missed it. :whistle2:(

Zapix - October 22, 2012 - Version 1.0.3

Wow!

Just came out and now (was) on sale (accidentally as it turned out) for 99 cents. Awesome! Thanks for another RPG!

[quote name='Steelpen2']Also 99 cents in the Apple App Store.[/QUOTE]

I assumed it had been covered in the iOS thread but no one posted it. Those guys are slacking . ;)

Just traded in my iPod Touch 4gen for a Tab 2 7"; not b/c I hate Apple, but I wanted a bigger screen and GPS for $199 - Apple seems allergic to GPS, not even the $299 Touch or $329 mini has it - so here I am.

Excuse my stupid questions but is this is THE Android thread for phones and tablets? Does it cover Google Play only or others? I currently check Amazon Deal of the Day and Samsung's store which is very limited but everything seems to be free.

[quote name='rjejr']Just traded in my iPod Touch 4gen for a Tab 2 7"; not b/c I hate Apple, but I wanted a bigger screen and GPS for $199 - Apple seems allergic to GPS, not even the $299 Touch or $329 mini has it - so here I am.

Excuse my stupid questions but is this is THE Android thread for phones and tablets? Does it cover Google Play only or others? I currently check Amazon Deal of the Day and Samsung's store which is very limited but everything seems to be free.[/QUOTE]

This is the thread, but it's not very active. When Google does big promos like their recent 25 cent app sale it'll get its own thread.

I recommend the free app called AppSales that's in the play store. It'll show you stuff that's on sale, link to trailers, etc. That's currently the best way to see what's on sale.

Speaking of sales. Organ Trail is pretty good and down to 99 cents from $2.99.

Cthulhu Saves the World is also 99 cents which is half off.

[quote name='AionTelos']I had a droid, then traded it in, not as fun as I was hoping D:[/QUOTE]

Hey! I have a android again. Wooo

[quote name='chimpmeister']Just an FYI, two Cave games just came out for android. Espgaluda II:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ggee.vividruntime.gg_1550

Dodonpachi Resurrection:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ggee.vividruntime.gg_1549[/QUOTE]

I had completely missed that those games had finally hit Android. Thanks.

I'm not sure how often Blazing Star goes on sale, but it's currently down to $0.99.

Raiden Legacy, a collection of the original Raiden game plus Raiden Fighters I/II/Jet, is on its way to Android this year.

I just got an Android phone (Galaxy Exhilarate) and was wondering where this thread was. Not a very busy one, I see... :( I'll try the AppSales route, but damn it, I like the CAG camaraderie.

The last Raiden game I bought was the Playstation 1 compliation so it would be great to have the newer ones on my phone. In short, x3. :D

[quote name='Umair56']The Tiny Bang Story is $0.99 (regular $2.99).

I just picked it up. Any thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

Got it from a Groupees bundle for Steam. It's essentially a really pretty scavenger hunt. I imagine it is actually better on a phone, on a pc it just felt slow and "I could be playing JC2 instead..."

Weird... I purchased it at that price last night and all of my browsers still show that price as well. Clear your cookies/history ?

The sales are pretty scattered. There was one around Christmas last year but I think it coincided with an app amount landmark. That's normally when Google puts on sales, when the Play Store hits an app landmark, though some publishers do sales around holidays on their own. Gameloft just had a 99 cent sale on a few of their games for Black Friday (games that are normally $6-7).

Also for sales keep an eye out for Humble Bundle Android Bundles as those are a good way to get a bunch of Android games for cheap.

Indie Gala will sometimes do Android bundles too.

[quote name='choral_music']I installed "AppSales" and I check it once a day. I don't know if it's all-encompassing, but I appreciate the heads-up it gives.

AppSales[/QUOTE]

I second this app. You can check it daily or have it notify you of apps on sale. Without this, it can be pretty difficult to find games and other things on sale without a Google endorsed banner on the Google Play Store.

I've nabbed some pretty sweet game deals on some good games with this bad boy over the past few weeks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwxLDMsIm5ldC50c2FwcHMuYXBwc2FsZXMiXQ..

The activity in this thread is a bit disheartening when you compare to the activity to the iOS ongoing sales thread. I know the Play Store isn't bursting with the quantity and quality of games compared to iOS, but it's getting better!

I play quite a bit on my phone and my tablet, so maybe I should start contributing here.

Catan is on sale for today only for $2.19, originally $3.99 I believe. Additional expansions are in-app purchases and don't appear to be on sale.

I was holding out on this for so long, because of a promised HD version to be released for tablets. Noticed the sale and now it seems you can adjust graphic settings and it'll auto-determine what works best for your device as you download.

Just tested it out for a few minutes and it seems to function pretty well for my devices!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crazyhowie']Catan is on sale for today only for $2.19, originally $3.99 I believe. Additional expansions are in-app purchases and don't appear to be on sale.[/QUOTE]

How much do the expansions cost? I have Catan on XBLA, but I would buy this if the expansions are reasonably priced.

[quote name='Zbornak']How much do the expansions cost? I have Catan on XBLA, but I would buy this if the expansions are reasonably priced.[/QUOTE]

It looks like Seafarers is $3.99 and Knights is $2.99.

Raiden Legacy has hit the store. The four game collection runs for $5.

I've only had the chance to play a couple of games so far. I've been playing the original Raiden a bit and the emulation speed seems to be very unstable, but this just be due to the fact that I'm playing it on an old 2.3 device that doesn't have a lot of horsepower. Other than I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. :)

I'll be very interested to hear if anyone else has had better luck with the performance on their device.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowNYC']Dunno if this was mentioned already or not, but Dead Space just dropped from $6.99 to $0.99[/QUOTE]

Several EA games went on sale.

Dead Space and Real Racing 2 were already mentioned, here are others.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 - $0.99 (Reg. $4.99)
FIFA 12 - $0.99 (Reg. $4.99)
Plants vs. Zombies - $0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
Monopoly - $0.99 (Reg. $4.99)
Tetris - $0.99 (Reg. $2.99)
The Game of Life - $0.99 (Reg. $4.99)

[quote name='Thrinn']Raiden Legacy has hit the store. The four game collection runs for $5.

I've only had the chance to play a couple of games so far. I've been playing the original Raiden a bit and the emulation speed seems to be very unstable, but this just be due to the fact that I'm playing it on an old 2.3 device that doesn't have a lot of horsepower. Other than I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. :)

I'll be very interested to hear if anyone else has had better luck with the performance on their device.[/QUOTE]

Raiden Legacy is fantastic! Runs great on my Nexus 7, looks great on the screen and controls are excellent. I haven't enabled PS3 controller support yet for my Nexus 7, but plan to do it soon; hopefully it will work with this collection.

Here are a few Youtube vids of Raiden Legacy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmrpQZtfk1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCgnhKBa0j8

[quote name='chimpmeister']Raiden Legacy is fantastic! Runs great on my Nexus 7, looks great on the screen and controls are excellent.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I guess it's time to finally invest in a new Android device then. :)

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Dunno if this was mentioned already or not, but Dead Space just dropped from $6.99 to $0.99[/QUOTE]

Got it to celebrate my Nexus 4 arriving, we'll see how good action gaming is on a phone.

[quote name='Umair56']Plants Vs. Zombies is also $0.99 (reg $2.99). Thinking about grabbing that. Not a fan of Amazon's App store.[/QUOTE]

apparently it is the same gimped version on amazons app store.

Does Dead Space play well on a tablet (Nexus 7)? How are the controls?

Edit: Hmm, a couple of the reviews on Google Play say it doesn't even work on the Nexus 7. Go figure.

[quote name='seamoss']Does Dead Space play well on a tablet (Nexus 7)? How are the controls?

Edit: Hmm, a couple of the reviews on Google Play say it doesn't even work on the Nexus 7. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

I have a 16 gb Nexus 7, works fine. The controls are better on my nexus than my phone. But the textures look better on the 4 inch screen than the 7 inch.

[quote name='seamoss']Does Dead Space play well on a tablet (Nexus 7)? How are the controls?

Edit: Hmm, a couple of the reviews on Google Play say it doesn't even work on the Nexus 7. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work on my Nexus 10 either. Neither does Xbox Smartglass nor Mass Effect Infiltrator. It's a pretty new tablet, so I don't mind waiting a bit, but I have a feeling EA doesn't give a crap. Microsoft will probably update Smartglass for the N10 eventually, they enabled Nexus 7 support a couple weeks ago I think.

[quote name='BinaryTB']Doesn't work on my Nexus 10 either. Neither does Xbox Smartglass nor Mass Effect Infiltrator. It's a pretty new tablet, so I don't mind waiting a bit, but I have a feeling EA doesn't give a crap. Microsoft will probably update Smartglass for the N10 eventually, they enabled Nexus 7 support a couple weeks ago I think.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to install the Smartglass .apk manually. If you don't have it on another device you should be able to find it on the xda forums. MEI may work as well, but require more effort due to the extra downloaded content.

bread's done
Back