Android games ongoing sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait you guys are surprised a Gameloft game is not compatible with a popular Android device?

You guys must be new to Gameloft games on Android.

Vice City said it wasn't compatible with my Note 2, that didn't stop me from reliving my childhood

Gladly will pay the $5 when its "compatible" with Vzn Note 2 :)

That's normal for Gameloft. A lot of the time the actual game will work they just don't enable it in the store for most devices but a set few so you can't download it without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

[quote name='IamPro']Vice City said it wasn't compatible with my Note 2, that didn't stop me from reliving my childhood

Gladly will pay the $5 when its "compatible" with Vzn Note 2 :)[/QUOTE]

Verizon likes to fuck us in the butt. Great phone butut to be honest. Verizon ruined it.

Is there a way to download Max Payne on a Galaxy S3 even though it's "not compatible"? I've seen people play it on one but Play won't let me download it.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Is there a way to download Max Payne on a Galaxy S3 even though it's "not compatible"? I've seen people play it on one but Play won't let me download it.[/QUOTE]

build.prop edits usually work in those cases. It basically fools the Play store into thinking you are using a different device.

In certain cases you may need to run Chainfire which emulates a different chipset (ie you can set it to Tegra if you are on a non-Tegra device) but for most cases just the build.prop edits should do it, though you may need to close the market down, clear out the cache and restart it.

[quote name='computingwarren']Verizon likes to fuck us in the butt. Great phone butut to be honest. Verizon ruined it.[/QUOTE]

If you modify your build.prop you can access and purchase all of the supposedly incompatible apps. Warning, though, there no guarantees everything will run well. Also, you most likely need a rooted phone since modifying build.prop requires administrative privileges.

[quote name='tominater12']I can't believe this thread is still alive. Will update op in a few hours.[/QUOTE]

If it is not to much trouble could you update the thread title too. To something like:
Android Deal Thread
or
Android Gaming Deals
or if you like the current
Android Games - Ongoing Sales

and if you could wiki the post so people could add deals that would be great too.

P.S. Avengers Initiative is now $0.99

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm a new Android user so I'm still figuring everything out. I was hoping there was just a box I could uncheck or something.

[quote name='computingwarren']Verizon likes to fuck us in the butt. Great phone butut to be honest. Verizon ruined it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, unfortunately I don't have any other choice (unlimited data) and they have the best coverage so I am making it work for me; I found out how to add apps to multi window like Netflix and Chrome along with other 'tricks' thnkx to XDA. If I could root this phone, I would but I bought it at full retail and don't want to chance anything with the warranty :cry:

I'm not really sure whether these are regular prices or not, but from the low prices, it appears SEGA is having a sale on their games as well.

[quote name='IamPro']Yea, unfortunately I don't have any other choice (unlimited data) and they have the best coverage so I am making it work for me; I found out how to add apps to multi window like Netflix and Chrome along with other 'tricks' thnkx to XDA. If I could root this phone, I would but I bought it at full retail and don't want to chance anything with the warranty :cry:[/QUOTE]

I rooted my phone to patch the vulnerability with the Kernel.
At the time I didn't know there was a root free fix...oh well at least I'm patched and feel safe lol

Apparently Plants vs Zombies isn't compatible with the Note 2? I was tempted to pick it up. Guess I'll get Most Wanted instead.

I am addicted to that family feud game. Thing is I have no facebook friends that use, I deleted my old facebook account and opened one just for when needed. If anyone family feud let me know and I will friend you so we can do the bonus round stuff.

Amazon has "The End" free today. ;)

Also Google officially posted their Holiday Gaming sale, though some of the deals have already been mentioned here.

googlesale.png

I ain't gonna lie, I totally bought Sara's Cooking Class. :lol:

Oh and that Avenger's game is being a pain in the ass about compatibility. Won't install on the Note II but will on the S3, even though the Note II is essentially just a bigger S3. Won't install on the HP Touchpad either.

[quote name='Motoki']Oh and that Avenger's game is being a pain in the ass about compatibility. Won't install on the Note II but will on the S3, even though the Note II is essentially just a bigger S3. Won't install on the HP Touchpad either.[/QUOTE]

Damn, would love the Avengers game, but the reviews say it won't work with the Galaxy Nexus.

[quote name='Motoki']Wait you guys are surprised a Gameloft game is not compatible with a popular Android device?

You guys must be new to Gameloft games on Android.[/QUOTE][quote name='Motoki']build.prop edits usually work in those cases. It basically fools the Play store into thinking you are using a different device.
[/QUOTE]
I haven't had luck in tricking the Play store with my Touchpad and usually resort to buying a copy for my Galaxy S2 and resorting to various untold trickeries to put the .apk onto the TP. Sort of a pain in the ass and the large file sizes these days are killing me since it's a chore to install/uninstall games but that's the price you pay for running the discount hardware intended for a different OS, I guess.

You're saying Avengers just won't work on the Touchpad? I'll skip it then. Got Wild Blood for my button-mashing action game fix anyway.

[quote name='INCyr']Damn, would love the Avengers game, but the reviews say it won't work with the Galaxy Nexus.[/QUOTE]

It should probably work but the problem that this and some others like Gameloft and EA games have is that they only enable it in the Google Play store for certain specific devices which is obnoxious.

But if it works on a Samsung Galaxy S2 ands S3 I don't see why it wouldn't work on the GN.

You could probably jump through a bunch of hoops with build prop edits and such but who wants to go through all that mess?

The funny thing is it will allow the Kindle Fire to download it and Kindle Fire users normally can't even access they Google Market unless they are rooted.

[quote name='Motoki']It should probably work but the problem that this and some others like Gameloft and EA games have is that they only enable it in the Google Play store for certain specific devices which is obnoxious.

But if it works on a Samsung Galaxy S2 ands S3 I don't see why it wouldn't work on the GN.

You could probably jump through a bunch of hoops with build prop edits and such but who wants to go through all that mess?

The funny thing is it will allow the Kindle Fire to download it and Kindle Fire users normally can't even access they Google Market unless they are rooted.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I can buy it for my Nexus. That's not the problem at all. The problem is that the reviews on the google play store by people who HAVE the nexus say that it doesn't work on their device. The entire page, when you sort by "device" on the Google Play website is 1 star reviews about how it won't run.

I might still try anyway, in hopes that they fix it, but I'm guessing I'd just be tossing my $.99 away.

[quote name='INCyr']Oh no, I can buy it for my Nexus. That's not the problem at all. The problem is that the reviews on the google play store by people who HAVE the nexus say that it doesn't work on their device. The entire page, when you sort by "device" on the Google Play website is 1 star reviews about how it won't run.

I might still try anyway, in hopes that they fix it, but I'm guessing I'd just be tossing my $.99 away.[/QUOTE]

Oh geeze. What a mess.

I'm kind of torn in situations like that. Do I just buy it on sale anyway and hope they fix it at some point?

I really regret not getting Horn when it was on sale even though I didn't have a device it worked with at the time because now I do but the game is $7 and not on sale.

Is Avengers worth the buy. It seems to have pretty good reviews. Anybody have any experience with it. I'll be playing it on a Transformer Prime and a LG optimus G.

Raiden Legacy is absolutely fantastic. If you're into shmups, this is well worth getting. DotEMU's games are really well ported to android.

Also, Metal Slug (the original) just hit the Google Play store yesterday, price is 1.99. Also by DotEMU. Metal Slug 3 has been out for a while, but is still priced at 6.99.

[quote name='Motoki']Oh geeze. What a mess.

I'm kind of torn in situations like that. Do I just buy it on sale anyway and hope they fix it at some point?

I really regret not getting Horn when it was on sale even though I didn't have a device it worked with at the time because now I do but the game is $7 and not on sale.[/QUOTE]

See, the nice thing is that you can usually be sure things will go on sale again. Might take a while, but unless there's a good reason not to, especially if they're a big name game, they'll likely try and get more money out of us CAGs.

[quote name='Motoki']I ain't gonna lie, I totally bought Sara's Cooking Class. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Only you, lol

I ended up getting Raiden Legacy and R-Type, on edge with Anomaly Korea. Warzone Earth sucks on phone vs pc, but with the OUYA only a few months away...but I also wound't be surprised to see it in a future indie bundle maybe....

I was overjoyed when I saw Raiden for 2.99, was considering getting it full price when it came out. However, I'm kind of disappointed with the touch controls. Even on "fast" touch mode, it seems like the ship lags behind your finger and sometimes doesn't really move along with you. Leads to many frustrating deaths that should have been easily avoided, but hopefully this problem will be solved when my Gameklip (bought off of recommendation in this thread) comes in next week. The game itself looks awesome, just be prepared for frustrating touch controls. Not sure why they didn't allow the ship to move 1 to 1 with your finger, maybe they figured it would make the game too easy.

Also pissed that I can't get Avengers Initiative. Says it's not compatible with the Note II, wtf? There are even reviews on the play store from people playing it on the Note II, although it is listed as "previous version" on those reviews. Did they take Note II compatibility out for some reason? Seems like a dumb thing to do. Oh well, 1 dollar saved for another Zen pinball table lol.

[quote name='lassiterb']
Also pissed that I can't get Avengers Initiative. Says it's not compatible with the Note II, wtf? There are even reviews on the play store from people playing it on the Note II, although it is listed as "previous version" on those reviews. Did they take Note II compatibility out for some reason? Seems like a dumb thing to do. Oh well, 1 dollar saved for another Zen pinball table lol.[/QUOTE]

There's no reason it shouldn't work. It works on the Galaxy S3 and the Note II is just a big S3 basically.

It's just that they were obnoxious and overly limited which devices can buy and download it.

I have no doubt if you jumped through enough hoops it would work. I'm just not sure I feel like bothering.

My Note II isn't rooted (yet) so I can't do build.prop edits.

(to clarify, I referred build.prop edits as a way to BUY a game that works on your device but just isn't enabled for it in the market due to publisher oversight and/or not having tested the game extensively yet on that device)

[quote name='Motoki']

I have no doubt if you jumped through enough hoops it would work. I'm just note sure I feel like bothering.

My Note II isn't rooter (yet) so I can't do build.prop edits.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here, don't really feel like it's worth all the trouble with the 10 or so other games I bought this week. Maybe they will bring compatibility back by the time the other DLC characters are released and the game is $.99 again or better.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Raiden Legacy is absolutely fantastic. If you're into shmups, this is well worth getting. DotEMU's games are really well ported to android.
[/QUOTE]

Are you using touch controls or a controller for Raiden? I'm really hating how they implemented the ship movement for touch, like its moving slightly slower than my finger and not quite accurately compared to 1-1 control. You experiencing this?

[quote name='emperordahc']Grabbed gta3 for $1! Woohoo![/QUOTE]

And I literally just picked it up for $5 on Friday I think.

Ultimate facepalm. Never buying a droid game again unless it's on sale.

Grabbed GTA 3, Max Payne and NFS: MW.

Installed Most Wanted on my Nexus 7, runs well enough for the most part, but sometimes it feels like its chugging.

Also grabbed Knights of Pen and Paper the day before it went on sale : |

I want a discount on Modern Combat 4.. it's really one of the only Android games I was actually looking forward to (besides Street Fighter, which only came out for 2 devices).

Also I just bought OfficeSuite Pro for 4 shekels. I don't even need it I just figured it might be useful to have in the future.

[quote name='ShadowNYC']And I literally just picked it up for $5 on Friday I think.

Ultimate facepalm. Never buying a droid game again unless it's on sale.[/QUOTE]

If you know how to root, you don't have to pay a dime for any app again. I've only paid for 2. NFS MW and Dead Space cause I haven't had time to Root my Note 2.

[quote name='computingwarren']If you know how to root, you don't have to pay a dime for any app again. I've only paid for 2. NFS MW and Dead Space cause I haven't had time to Root my Note 2.[/QUOTE]

That's why we cant have nice things.

[quote name='paz9x']That's why we cant have nice things.[/QUOTE]

Because that's what android is? Being able to fully control your phone is the point of android. And the percentage of people who do it, those publishers aren't missing out on much money.

And those free apps with ads, AdAway works wonderfully.

[quote name='computingwarren']Because that's what android is? Being able to fully control your phone is the point of android. And the percentage of people who do it, those publishers aren't missing out on much money.[/QUOTE]

Why not just buy the app? You wouldn't be out much money.

[quote name='Thrinn']Why not just buy the app? You wouldn't be out much money.[/QUOTE]

Because most of the time I get the in app purchases extras for free as well. Not much, but here in there, nice to not have to add a card just for a few cents.

And those HD widgets, titanium back up, swift key, etc. I definitely won't pay $5 for those. Easy enough to root and download the apk.

[quote name='computingwarren']If you know how to root, you don't have to pay a dime for any app again. I've only paid for 2. NFS MW and Dead Space cause I haven't had time to Root my Note 2.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Look I'm not so totally Pollyanna that I don't know that this sort of thing goes on but at least try to not be so completely brazen about it.

[quote name='computingwarren']Because that's what android is? Being able to fully control your phone is the point of android. And the percentage of people who do it, those publishers aren't missing out on much money.

And those free apps with ads, AdAway works wonderfully.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate when people are so open about opinions, makes ignoring a quicker process.

[quote name='paz9x']I appreciate when people are so open about opinions, makes ignoring a quicker process.[/QUOTE]

+1

That guy is a complete waste.
---

Just got a nexus 7 and a google play card. Time to spend money! (on good deals of course.)

my gf loves hidden object games so any suggestions appreciated.

I've bought all the Android apps I've have. I usually pay $0.10 - $1.00 when they're on sale. I think I paid $5 for ProjectM (sweet app) and maybe GTA3 (which I regret). When the apps are so cheap, it's worth it to pay... get all the updates, be able to download it on multiple devices, not worry about malware, and feel like you're contributing.

I will however download APK's when I want to try the app before I buy it.

[quote name='Motoki']Really?

Look I'm not so totally Pollyanna that I don't know that this sort of thing goes on but at least try to not be so completely brazen about it.[/QUOTE]

Yep. This. Why even be on CAG at that point? It's not like it's only an option on Android. It's not like it's so difficult that it requires much intelligence. We're not buying apps because we're too stupid to figure out another way.

bread's done
Back