Android games ongoing sales.

[quote name='lassiterb']Man, I got my Gameklip in the mail yesterday for my Note II, effing awesome. I highly recommend it. I got a (second) TPU case for my phone that the klip permanently attaches to, the clip itself and 2 custom cables for like 25 bucks shipped. A great deal, and a great product. I have a sixaxxis controller that I'm going to leave in it permanently, then just slip my phone out of my case and into the Gameklip case whenever I want to use it. Anyone looking for a Android controller solution that already has PS3 controllers lying around should check it out.[/QUOTE]

Is it adjustable at all or specifically made for the Note II? I don't plan to replace my phone any time soon but it would be nice to know if I could bring the clip along to future phones.

[quote name='asheskitty']Imo. No. I did. I haven't played with the revamped HiB App, but Amazon (with its faults) is just smoother. World of Goo is one of the few games I specifically used my Wacom pad for.
[/QUOTE]

I used the Humble app last week and it worked fine. Sadly a couple of the games from it where incompatible with my rooted Nook Color.

All of these RPG's are on sale atm. They all look like FF1 clones, but they have solid (tho few) reviews. I think I'll pick up one or two of them. I got a google play gift card for christmas too!

[quote name='Motoki']Is it adjustable at all or specifically made for the Note II? I don't plan to replace my phone any time soon but it would be nice to know if I could bring the clip along to future phones.[/QUOTE]

They have TPU cases that fit a variety of phones they sell for 2.99 each, or offer a model especially made for the Galaxy S3. However, once you attach the clip to a case, it seems pretty permanent (with a 3M adhesive strip), although I'm sure with enough determination you could rip it off and affix it to another case of your choosing.

You can check it out here: http://buy.thegameklip.com/

Is the battery life of the Galaxy S3 normally terrible? I recently bought a refurbished on, and whenever I use the screen for a minute, it goes down by a percentage point (that's with power saving and screen brightness on lowest).

[quote name='Seraphym']I used the Humble app last week and it worked fine. Sadly a couple of the games from it where incompatible with my rooted Nook Color.

All of these RPG's are on sale atm. They all look like FF1 clones, but they have solid (tho few) reviews. I think I'll pick up one or two of them. I got a google play gift card for christmas too![/QUOTE]

I would only recommend those games for $1 or free. I've played three of them, and they were so easy that I beat the games by using auto-battle on all but the final boss.

[quote name='bshirk']Is the battery life of the Galaxy S3 normally terrible? I recently bought a refurbished on, and whenever I use the screen for a minute, it goes down by a percentage point (that's with power saving and screen brightness on lowest).[/QUOTE]

The battery life on the Note II in my experience is really good but keep in mind it does have a larger battery.

One thing I noticed though is that when I use a cheapo eBay battery it drains like no tomorrow while the Samsung one holds a charge really well.

[quote name='louiedog']I should redownload it. When I tried last month it crashed my phone to the point of a battery pull 3x. A guy 2 rows up on my plane played it the entire flight, mocking me.[/QUOTE]

Uhm. There's like plugs on every seat in an airplane.

I gave in and picked up Dungeon Raid and Knights of Pen & Paper. Slightly frustrated with Dungeon Raid. It can't seem to realize I'm online and won't let me log into OpenFeint. I don't know if I would be able to sync with my progress from my iPhone via OpenFeint, but I'd like to at least be able to log in and see.

Looking forward to checking out Knights of Pen & Paper though.

Could just be a fact of it being refurbished.(?)

A lot of stock ROMs suck in terms of battery life across all devices even when you keep a close eye on what's running.

The Samsung Android devices are well hacked almost across the board though so you can remedy that with either a full-on custom ROM or just an optimized kernel.

[quote name='INCyr']I gave in and picked up Dungeon Raid and Knights of Pen & Paper. Slightly frustrated with Dungeon Raid. It can't seem to realize I'm online and won't let me log into OpenFeint. I don't know if I would be able to sync with my progress from my iPhone via OpenFeint, but I'd like to at least be able to log in and see.

Looking forward to checking out Knights of Pen & Paper though.[/QUOTE]
FYI, OpenFeint has been shutdown. I've received several updates on my iPad because the service is no more.

[quote name='Gvaz']Uhm. There's like plugs on every seat in an airplane.[/QUOTE]

1. Battery pull means the phone is locked up to the point that the only way to restart its to pull the battery out. It has nothing to do with charging.
2. Most commercial aircraft in the US for domestic flights don't have outlets throughout the cabin. Airlines like Virgin America are rare.

[quote name='bshirk']Is the battery life of the Galaxy S3 normally terrible? I recently bought a refurbished on, and whenever I use the screen for a minute, it goes down by a percentage point (that's with power saving and screen brightness on lowest).[/QUOTE]

Could be your phone/battery, mine lasts 12-16 hours on normal use.

[quote name='bshirk']I would only recommend those games for $1 or free. I've played three of them, and they were so easy that I beat the games by using auto-battle on all but the final boss.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. Thanks for the warning tho! I guess I'll get more of the Shall we date? series since they were highly recommended.

Why isn't ff3 on sale? :cry:

[quote name='bshirk']I would only recommend those games for $1 or free. I've played three of them, and they were so easy that I beat the games by using auto-battle on all but the final boss.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see that Kemco is still kicking around, though.

As posted in the other thread, Ichi is now free on Amazon Appstore. It seems like a puzzle game that could be on Nintendo DS during its heyday.

Speaking of DS, Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming is 49 cents on Amazon Appstore. It's also a puzzle game - sorry to disappoint - but a pretty good one. Unlike the DS version, however, this one seems to be missing the story mode. For 49 cents, I'm not going to complain too much as the game is still hella cute.

How the hell did I not know there was a Harvest Moon game?

This one looks extremely simplistic but for 49 cents eh why not?

[quote name='Seraphym']That's a shame. Thanks for the warning tho! I guess I'll get more of the Shall we date? series since they were highly recommended.

Why isn't ff3 on sale? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Guess Square Enix doesn't like our money... (They need to bring Dimensions here, too, and sell it at a fair price).

Today's Amazon FAOTD is a pretty good one: Final Freeway 2R. This is a pretty good Outrun clone. I tried Final Freeway 1 (which I also got as an Amazon FAOTD), but that one is more like Top Gear or Lamborghini American Challenge than Outrun. Final Freeway 2R nails the Outrun feel better.

There are a bunch of JRPGs on sale for $7.03: Blazing Souls Accelate, Spectral Souls, and Generation of Souls. Most if not all of these were originally on PSP.

Dungeon Village is $1.99, though it was 25 cents in the recent Google milestone sale. Game Dev Story is also on sale for $2.50.

Gianna Sisters, the game notorious for ripping off Mario, is on sale for $1.77. An SNK shmup called Blazing Star is also on sale for .99.

[quote name='whitereflection']There are a bunch of JRPGs on sale for $7.03: Blazing Souls Accelate, Spectral Souls, and Generation of Souls. Most if not all of these were originally on PSP.
[/QUOTE]

Can anyone recommend the 3 Souls games? I've had them on my wishlist, but for $7 I'd love some CAG reassurance ;)

[quote name='Motoki']How the hell did I not know there was a Harvest Moon game?
[/QUOTE]

Namco also has PuzzleQuest 2 for $1.59

[quote name='whitereflection']There are a bunch of JRPGs on sale for $7.03: Blazing Souls Accelate, Spectral Souls, and Generation of Souls. Most if not all of these were originally on PSP.

Dungeon Village is $1.99, though it was 25 cents in the recent Google milestone sale. Game Dev Story is also on sale for $2.50.

Gianna Sisters, the game notorious for ripping off Mario, is on sale for $1.77. An SNK shmup called Blazing Star is also on sale for .99.[/QUOTE]

Spectral Souls and the like are ridiculously overpriced and bleh. They're lazy ports because they didn't even bother to do any real touch controls and the file size it asks you to download on a phone is just insane.

I paid $15 for it back when it was pretty much the only game in town for an RPG on Android and I really regret it.

The 2D mobile Giana is not bad. I do prefer the more recent PC version, but for a phone the other one is decent enough,

[quote name='Seraphym']Namco also has PuzzleQuest 2 for $1.59[/QUOTE]

That's the Kindle version. On the other hand, at the Google Play store, it's listed as free for some reason. It doesn't seem like a demo or a free version, so I wonder what the catch is. Namco also has a dogfighting game called Sky Gamblers listed as free which also seems to be the full game.

[quote name='whitereflection']That's the Kindle version. On the other hand, at the Google Play store, it's listed as free for some reason. It doesn't seem like a demo or a free version, so I wonder what the catch is. Namco also has a dogfighting game called Sky Gamblers listed as free which also seems to be the full game.[/QUOTE]

The first couple of levels are free from what I understand. As you progress you have to buy the other character's storylines to play through the whole game.

Puzzle Quest 2, as in Galactrix?

It wasn't very good, imo.

[quote name='SiMMENS']I got an iTunes gift card for Xmas....I own an android[/QUOTE]

Sell it. I don't even have an iTunes account myself.

[quote name='spacebooger']The first couple of levels are free from what I understand. As you progress you have to buy the other character's storylines to play through the whole game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what you do. It's not a bad way really because then you can try the game first for a while and see if you like it. I did end up buying the full version for I think like $3 as an in app purchase.

[quote name='elessar123']Puzzle Quest 2, as in Galactrix?

[/QUOTE]

Oh god no, not that pseudo sci-fi trainwreck. This one is actually decent.

They can do that? I mean, when the free section is over, does the game clearly tell you that you need to pay to play further, or is it easy to accidentally be charged for continuing?

[quote name='whitereflection']They can do that? I mean, when the free section is over, does the game clearly tell you that you need to pay to play further, or is it easy to accidentally be charged for continuing?[/QUOTE]

It's been a while but you definitely had to make a conscious choice to go to a screen to make the purchase and then you get another confirm screen etc. There was no way it could happen accidentally.

Didn't see this posted, but Dungeon Village (from kairosoft, makers of Game Dev Story) is on sale for 1.99, a 3.00 discount. It was on sale for .25 a few months back for one day but I missed it, and have been waiting for it to go on sale since. Looks like a good time.

[quote name='whitereflection']That's the Kindle version. On the other hand, at the Google Play store, it's listed as free for some reason. It doesn't seem like a demo or a free version, so I wonder what the catch is.[/QUOTE]

While it is the KTE it said it was compatible with my device *shrug* Was it lying to me?

[quote name='Syntax Error']My MOGA arrived today. I'm... glad it only cost $5? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes I am not to impressed at least it was only 5 bucks

[quote name='elessar123']Puzzle Quest 2, as in Galactrix?

Sell it. I don't even have an iTunes account myself.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you also just buy the music off itunes and import the songs into Google Music? Then you you can just download them on your android device.

[quote name='dominator']Couldn't you also just buy the music off itunes and import the songs into Google Music? Then you you can just download them on your android device.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bother; that would require installing the iTunes bloatware, and I'm not putting that crap on my PC. I just buy music from Amazon, saves to their cloud automatically and no bloatware to install.

Im super happy with my moga controller, it fits my note 2 in the case, which is amazing. I only tried it with emulators so far, but other then double tap stuff, its fine for general usage. So glad i got in on one.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Im super happy with my moga controller, it fits my note 2 in the case, which is amazing. I only tried it with emulators so far, but other then double tap stuff, its fine for general usage. So glad i got in on one.[/QUOTE]

It works with emulators too? Only tried it on the games it says are compatible, sweet :applause:

[quote name='tominater12']Op updated (finally), will try to keep it much more regularly updated.[/QUOTE]

Might be best to make it a wiki so anyone can update it since things change so quickly.

Still waiting on my MOGA controller to arrive; if it's any good I might buy some games that support it (or find a way to make it work anyway.)

[quote name='IamPro']It works with emulators too? Only tried it on the games it says are compatible, sweet :applause:[/QUOTE]
There's a universal driver for it on the Play store.

I personally found it small for my hands, oddly shaped and the sticks hard to move/unresponsive. I might just need to get used to it (although my son had less problems with it with his smaller hands) and I'm not upset about it but I can't see me using it as much more than a novelty. Maybe something to pack along when I think I'll be sitting in a waiting room or lobby for a long time.

[quote name='lassiterb']Metal Slug 3 is on sale for $1.99, debating it. Much better than $6.99 regular price.[/QUOTE]

I know they have a secondary program to progra. The moga to use non compatible games. Is that hard to program? If not I might get metal slug.

[quote name='whitereflection']There's a lawyer game on sale for .99 called Devil's Attorney. It looks pretty humorous and like a throwback to the 80's.[/QUOTE]

I'll roll the dice

bread's done
Back