Android games ongoing sales.

[quote name='DK745']Might be best to make it a wiki so anyone can update it since things change so quickly.

Still waiting on my MOGA controller to arrive; if it's any good I might buy some games that support it (or find a way to make it work anyway.)[/QUOTE]

And done, thanks. I personally just use an xbox 360 controller with my nexus 7 and it works quite well.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Im super happy with my moga controller, it fits my note 2 in the case, which is amazing. I only tried it with emulators so far, but other then double tap stuff, its fine for general usage. So glad i got in on one.[/QUOTE] I'm really happy with my controller, too. I mainly use it with emulators, but I have tried it with a few of the new games. It worked well with Sonic CD. I had to ditch the Pivot app they ask you to download. It's crap and it was conflicting with the Moga Universal Driver app. I can't get the right stick to work in Modern Combat, though. Oh well. I really don't want to download the official app again. Overall, I'm very happy with this controller.

[quote name='tominater12']And done, thanks. I personally just use an xbox 360 controller with my nexus 7 and it works quite well.[/QUOTE]

I have a mini USB adapter in the mail coming to try that out. Hopefully, it's pretty easy to setup.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I'm really happy with my controller, too. I mainly use it with emulators, but I have tried it with a few of the new games. It worked well with Sonic CD. I had to ditch the Pivot app they ask you to download. It's crap and it was conflicting with the Moga Universal Driver app. I can't get the right stick to work in Modern Combat, though. Oh well. I really don't want to download the official app again. Overall, I'm very happy with this controller.[/QUOTE]

If you force close one or the other before launching, there shouldn't be any issues between the two apps. The only time they mess with each other is if they are both trying to run or be run while the other is active. That said the Pivot App is crap.

I'm using a PS3 controller with GTA3. I don't remember from the original, but can't you control camera with the right stick like most 3rd person games now? Maybe in the controls menu somewhere?

[quote name='humidore']I'm using a PS3 controller with GTA3. I don't remember from the original, but can't you control camera with the right stick like most 3rd person games now? Maybe in the controls menu somewhere?[/QUOTE]

No camera control yo. For the iOS and android versions, you can slide around the characters head on screen to rotate the camera. Zero aiming or anything though.

[quote name='Syntax Error']There's a universal driver for it on the Play store.

I personally found it small for my hands, oddly shaped and the sticks hard to move/unresponsive. I might just need to get used to it (although my son had less problems with it with his smaller hands) and I'm not upset about it but I can't see me using it as much more than a novelty. Maybe something to pack along when I think I'll be sitting in a waiting room or lobby for a long time.[/QUOTE]

How are you able to get the app to see the Mogo controller? My bluetooth reads it but the app doesn't :cry:

[quote name='IamPro']How are you able to get the app to see the Mogo controller? My bluetooth reads it but the app doesn't :cry:[/QUOTE]
I wish I had some good advice here but I just followed the onscreen prompts from the app and it worked fine for me.

[quote name='whitereflection']There's a lawyer game on sale for .99 called Devil's Attorney. It looks pretty humorous and like a throwback to the 80's.[/QUOTE]

Just know that this is basically a simple turned-based combat type game with a lawyer motif and not a game that really dives deep into simulating a court room. The story comes out before each level, not during the level. That is, there's no feeling of drama and suspense building up during a case in that way.

It still has merit, just not in the way I imagine most would expect.

[quote name='Spokker']Just know that this is basically a simple turned-based combat type game with a lawyer motif and not a game that really dives deep into simulating a court room. The story comes out before each level, not during the level. That is, there's no feeling of drama and suspense building up during a case in that way.

It still has merit, just not in the way I imagine most would expect.[/QUOTE]

Better Call Saul!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBeQO1nBThQ

[quote name='Syntax Error']Since SEVERAL OF YOU (not naming names) keep bragging about your new Notes, I thought I'd drop this here.

Free Covers & TecTiles from Samsung[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will check that out.

And I LURVE my Note II. Hands down the best phone I ever owned and anyone who says "It's too big" can bite me. :lol:

[quote name='Syntax Error']Since SEVERAL OF YOU (not naming names) keep bragging about your new Notes, I thought I'd drop this here.

Just a FYI for fellow Note and S3 users - if you already registered your phone, try registering it again with a different email address. I got all the way through the process to the confirmation... Now to just hope I got in before they ran out!

Nice. This works for the Galaxy S3 as well. Going to give it a try.

EDIT: "We're sorry but the limited quantity promotion has ended. You can still look for great options at 50% off in our accessories store - just use the coupon code in your registration confirmation email."

[quote name='Motoki']
And I LURVE my Note II. Hands down the best phone I ever owned and anyone who says "It's too big" can bite me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I heart my Note 1. My dad and best friend's Note 2 software make me a bit jelly. I hear the Note 3 will be 6in. I'm down for that.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I heart my Note 1. My dad and best friend's Note 2 software make me a bit jelly. I hear the Note 3 will be 6in. I'm down for that.[/QUOTE]

As long as you're having fun with yours who cares about the diagonal measurement? It's not the length, it's the mirth.

[quote name='Syntax Error']There's a universal driver for it on the Play store.

I personally found it small for my hands, oddly shaped and the sticks hard to move/unresponsive. I might just need to get used to it (although my son had less problems with it with his smaller hands) and I'm not upset about it but I can't see me using it as much more than a novelty. Maybe something to pack along when I think I'll be sitting in a waiting room or lobby for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I got in on that MOGA deal, and also find the controller a bit small. The joysticks are pretty wack too. I'll just stick to using an OTG adapter and an Xbox or PS3 controller with my Nexus 7.

Dammit! Missed the tec tiles. Seem like a pretty cool concept, didn't really care about the covers, but free is free.

And I can't help but brag to everyone I see about the Note II, it is just an amazing device in every aspect. I love it more than my wife. (Just kidding, honey!)

(In case she reads this lol)

Oh, and check out Defense Zone 2 HD. It's a really cool tower defense game on sale for $.99. My favorite tower defense game on Android so far.

It's not a game sale, but (hopefully real and not knockoff) Motorola microHDMI to HDMI cables are $2.28 from a seller on ebay now. Generics sometimes go cheaper, but this is below their average price and based on my experience with microUSB, Motorola's phone cables are better built than generics and cables bundled with other phones that I've had.

This won't work with every phone, only those with a microHDMI port. That means if your phone is something like the popular Galaxy S3 with an MHL port for video out it will not work.

The reason I'm posting is that when paired with a controller you've got a cheap alternative to the popular Ouya and Gamestick setups.

link

Also, Tapatalk HD is on sale for 99 cents today only to celebrate the launch. It will then go up to $4.99. I don't currently have a tablet, but I use Taptalk on my phone for browsing forums like CAG and it works really well. I do believe a better mobile version of the site is coming soon though.

The beta is still available and free if you want to try before you buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Grabbed Tapatalk HD for my HP Touchpad. I use the regular version for CAG sometimes. ;)

I kind of wish the Note II had a 'tablet mode' so it could get the market to think it was a tablet. In some cases I think I would prefer tablet versions of apps on that phone.

[quote name='Motoki']Thanks. Grabbed Tapatalk. I use it for CAG sometimes. ;-)

I kind of wish the Note II had a 'tablet mode' so it could get the market to think it was a tablet. In some cases I think I would prefer tablet versions of apps on that phone.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Tablet mode on a tiny 5.5" screen? I wonder if the Ascend Mate has such a feature.

EM1mA.jpg

[quote name='louiedog']Seriously? Tablet mode on a tiny 5.5" screen? I wonder if the Ascend Mate has such a feature.

EM1mA.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's funny you think it's tiny when everyone else seems to think it's HUGE. :lol:

Some of my coworkers call it a "TV screen". :p

Also, it has a stylus so you can pinpoint very precisely which areas you want to hit, much more so than with fingers.

Anyway, it was a just an option that I thought would be nice. I've seen other people mention it before. *shrug*

[quote name='Motoki']It's funny you think it's tiny when everyone else seems to think it's HUGE. :lol:

Some of my coworkers call it a "TV screen". :p

Also, it has a stylus so you can pinpoint very precisely which areas you want to hit, much more so than with fingers.

Anyway, it was a just an option that I thought would be nice. I've seen other people mention it before. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

Heh, I too think the note II is huge. My phone is 4.3" and I don't know how I'd carry around even an S3 comfortably. I'd love to use the Note II as my phone, but my lifestyle and where I live means I walk at least a couple of miles a day and don't like doing so with a bag. I was just messing with you because you've professed your love for the huge screen in this thread and Huawei announced the ridiculously sized 6.1" Ascend Mate last week.

And yeah, tablet mode makes sense considering the size and resolution compared to a lot of 7" tablets.

[quote name='louiedog']Also, Tapatalk HD is on sale for 99 cents today only to celebrate the launch. It will then go up to $4.99. I don't currently have a tablet, but I use Taptalk on my phone for browsing forums like CAG and it works really well. I do believe a better mobile version of the site is coming soon though.

The beta is still available and free if you want to try before you buy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I grabbed Tapatalk HD after giving the beta a quick spin on my N7. I'd been eyeing it for a while, but I have a hard time paying more than a buck for apps.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I wouldn't go with a 6.1in. screen not because it was 6.1in., but because it's... Huawei.[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely the right call. I was part of a software test where they sent me a Huawei product to use for awhile. It was not pleasant.

I looked at LG at Verizon one time (a... 5in. square phone). That thing crashed three times on me while I was trying to use it. I can't imagine what Huawei is like.

Thanks for the note on Tapatalk HD. I've been considering getting the regular version, but this is much better.

Thanks for the PvZ heads up. I have it 3 times already but the game is addicting.

Too bad the flex cable is going bad in my Xperia Play... Id get it if it wasn't for that.

I didn't realize that Final Fantasy Dimensions was finally released on Android. Now it just needs a 50-75% off sale.

[quote name='bshirk']I didn't realize that Final Fantasy Dimensions was finally released on Android. Now it just needs a 50-75% off sale.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. $19.99 is ridiculous.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Agreed. $19.99 is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

For a 40+ hour full-scale RPG from Square Enix, I'd say $20 is a bargain. The same game on DS or Vita would have cost twice as much.

[quote name='bshirk']I didn't realize that Final Fantasy Dimensions was finally released on Android. Now it just needs a 50-75% off sale.[/QUOTE]

I just bought it, and it's really good. Like, I'm tempted to suggest people buy it just so square keeps making games like it because it hits pretty much every 'square happiness' button from when I was a kid.

[quote name='Zbornak']For a 40+ hour full-scale RPG from Square Enix, I'd say $20 is a bargain. The same game on DS or Vita would have cost twice as much.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I completely understand that reasoning it is just hard for me to justify that much for a mobile game. This market is still so fresh that I suppose it will soon become common place that there will be such expensive games but for now I feel like $6 has been a solid premium price and so that large of a hike is just so foreign to me!

While not quite a deal, Touch Detective was released for Android devices, which is identical to the iPhone version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/....ozawa&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

The app itself is free, but additional episodes must be purchased from within the game itself, which likely means this game will never properly go on sale. In fact, the whole game costs $9.

(If you do buy the game, try restarting your device so the license(s) will update accordingly.)

If anyone is interested in Sky Gamblers: Rise of Glory, the upgrade price has been temporarily reduced from $4.99 to $2.99. It's a very good dogfighting game, especially if you have a MOGA. Now if Namco-Bandai were to bring an actual Ace Combat game to Android...

It's being covered in the PSN thread, but PlayStation Mobile is getting a free game each week for the next six weeks. If your device isn't one that is PlayStation Certified but it's rooted you can install the platform anyway. Instructions here.

This week's game is Samurai Beatdown. It's a rhythm game where you press the right/left sides of the screen with the music to fight off attackers.

[quote name='louiedog']It's being covered in the PSN thread, but PlayStation Mobile is getting a free game each week for the next six weeks. If your device isn't one that is PlayStation Certified but it's rooted you can install the platform anyway. Instructions here.

This week's game is Samurai Beatdown. It's a rhythm game where you press the right/left sides of the screen with the music to fight off attackers.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I didn't even know about PSM! I had given up the dream of Sony actually supporting their "PlayStation Certified" phones stateside; too bad PSM crashes when I try and do much of anything on my Xperia Play.

Want to open the settings menu? CRASH! Oh, so you're interested in buying and/or downloading a game? CRASH!

[quote name='louiedog']It's being covered in the PSN thread, but PlayStation Mobile is getting a free game each week for the next six weeks. If your device isn't one that is PlayStation Certified but it's rooted you can install the platform anyway. Instructions here.

This week's game is Samurai Beatdown. It's a rhythm game where you press the right/left sides of the screen with the music to fight off attackers.[/QUOTE]

FPSE, that is all :D

[quote name='BrolyB593']I suppose I completely understand that reasoning it is just hard for me to justify that much for a mobile game. This market is still so fresh that I suppose it will soon become common place that there will be such expensive games but for now I feel like $6 has been a solid premium price and so that large of a hike is just so foreign to me![/QUOTE]
I understand where you are coming from I have $50 Google credit that is burning a hole in my virtual pocket and I wanted to buy two shmups that are normally 7 or 8 dollars and couldn't pull the trigger now Ikaruga it's on Google play and I really want that but it is 9 dollars and I can't bring myself to buy it.

[quote name='louiedog']It's being covered in the PSN thread, but PlayStation Mobile is getting a free game each week for the next six weeks. If your device isn't one that is PlayStation Certified but it's rooted you can install the platform anyway. Instructions here. This week's game is Samurai Beatdown. It's a rhythm game where you press the right/left sides of the screen with the music to fight off attackers.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. I went to the xda forums to see how to put it on my HTC Evo 4g lte and found out my phone is supported.
[quote name='smintboy']Super Hexagon now available for $0.99 on Google Play

The game just went live and is 66% off for the time being according to the Google Play description[/QUOTE]
Thanks op added it to my wishlist.

[quote name='IamPro']FPSE, that is all :D[/QUOTE]
FPse is a Playstation Emulator
Playstation Mobile is an app with games that will work both on certified phones and Vita.:booty:

bread's done
Back