Android games ongoing sales.

[quote name='thoracic']I'd also like to know if there are any good Android exclusive games... Just got an HTC One a week ago. I've had iPhones for the last 5 years, so I've spent most of the last week trying to unlearn ios, lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat. So far, absolutely loving the One, but there are definitely not nearly the number of games on Android as there are on iOS (at least not "high profile" ones). But the phone/system itself is awesome. Imagine...I can actually do what I want instead of being stuck with the same old tired, stale iOS that Apple forces you to use. I just got tired of it. They haven't done anything truly new in years.

Looks like this is expired:
Plasma Sky (on Amazon) – Free (from $1.99) added 5/26 at 3:30am Pacific

I just checked on Amazon, it's listed for 1.99

[quote name='XClaude']Looks like this is expired:
Plasma Sky (on Amazon) – Free (from $1.99) added 5/26 at 3:30am Pacific

I just checked on Amazon, it's listed for 1.99[/QUOTE]

that was their Free App of the Day, so it has been dead for a while now.

I'd also like to know if there are any good Android exclusive games... Just got an HTC One a week ago. I've had iPhones for the last 5 years, so I've spent most of the last week trying to unlearn ios, lol.
iPhone 5 was disappointing, so I went with a Droid (wish HTC One was out when I bought one). The games have been disappointing for the most part (although I was happy with the FF Dimensions $10 sale). I miss games like Mage Champions. Hopefully we'll see better games now that Android phones are becoming more popular. I'm not really aware of any high quality exclusives.

I just want to confirm that we need to have the Amazon Appstore to get this app, right?  As in... it's not via the official PlayStore.

I just want to confirm that we need to have the Amazon Appstore to get this app, right? As in... it's not via the official PlayStore.
Correct.

A lot of people don't seem to like the Amazon App Store because it's constantly using resources in the background, but if your phone is rooted you can use the app Greenify to prevent that while still being able to use your Amazon apps. Greenify itself uses a couple of megs of RAM which is less than what Amazon uses and if you're like me and use it for multiple apps the math works out well in your favor.

The amazon App Store has just recently proven to be extremely useful for me this past week. I just picked up a Nabi kids tablet for my 2 year old (so he doesn't ruin my Nexus 7) Its just as powerful as my N7 but the screen doesn't look as good, at all angles. Anyways, i bought it because my son LOVES the games on mine, but it doesn't support Google Play (weird, right?) So i cant transfer all my apps to his Nabi, BUT Nabi supports Amazon App Store, so i was able to recover most of his games to his new tablet. I don't want to root either until the warranty expires. I would have been hard pressed to have to re-buy all his games, but i didn't have to luckily.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering about the DRM situation - if I buy a game on Google Play for my Nexus 7, can't I put it on any other Android device? (say I bought my kids another N7 'cause they keep hogging it)

The amazon App Store has just recently proven to be extremely useful for me this past week. I just picked up a Nabi kids tablet for my 2 year old (so he doesn't ruin my Nexus 7) Its just as powerful as my N7 but the screen doesn't look as good, at all angles. Anyways, i bought it because my son LOVES the games on mine, but it doesn't support Google Play (weird, right?) So i cant transfer all my apps to his Nabi, BUT Nabi supports Amazon App Store, so i was able to recover most of his games to his new tablet. I don't want to root either until the warranty expires. I would have been hard pressed to have to re-buy all his games, but i didn't have to luckily.
have you tried manually installing the store? The .apk is available from here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/05/29/download-latest-google-play-store-4-1-10/

I've been wondering about the DRM situation - if I buy a game on Google Play for my Nexus 7, can't I put it on any other Android device? (say I bought my kids another N7 'cause they keep hogging it)
You can install your apps on any compatible (and even then you can work around it) device that your account is on.

You don't even need the devices in front of you. You can sign in on the web, buy an app, and tell it to download to device A. You can then click the install button again and send it to device B, then repeat for device C, etc.

Not sure if there are limits on # of devices, but everything I buy on the Google Play store has been easy to install on both my Nexus 7 and Razr Maxx HD (and even my old Droid X, my previous cellphone). The only things that don't seem to (usually) transfer over are in-app purchases for a specific game, unless the game has an option to "restore" them to another device.

have you tried manually installing the store? The .apk is available from here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/05/29/download-latest-google-play-store-4-1-10/
I already have it installed (thanks for the help anyway :wave:) and Google Plays works fine buying/sharing music, movies, and books between devices. But it force closes when you try to DL your purchased Games/Apps. This is my first weekend to really figure out the issue. After i tackle my multisystem backlog, of course... I just felt like defending Amazon Appstore with my 2c. I also picked up Paper Monsters as well. To the back of the line it goes... :whee:

Sales list form Android Police

Yesterday – $0.99 from $4.99

Tiny Token Empires – $0.99 from $4.99

Mighty Dungeon – Free from $1.99 (Amazon one-day sale)

Garfield's Escape – $0.99 from $1.99

Royal Envoy – $0.99 from $1.99

Around the World 80 Days – $0.99 from $2.99

Call of Atlantis – $0.99 from $2.99

That's the cheapest than Yesterday has been as far as I know.

That is the cheapest and I picked it up and also my sure you did not get Call of Atlantis in the Amazon Free App when it was there so you can save $0.99.

What's the difference between the free version of Yesterday and the one sale for $0.99?  The game is nearly a gig? I don't think I have room for it on my phone.

What's the difference between the free version of Yesterday and the one sale for $0.99? The game is nearly a gig? I don't think I have room for it on my phone.
The free version is ad supported. Strange thing, the ad supported version is compatible with my ASUS TF300T, the paid version is not.

Dammit, I saw that list when it was posted yesterday and didn't realize Mighty Dungeons was free. I'll just tell myself that dungeon crawlers are for dweebs and I wouldn't have liked it anyway.

Gta:vice city is compatible with the galaxy s2 (which I have )but when I go to the application in the store it says not compatible!?!?! Any idea why?

Just saw this go live.

World War Z :   $ .99 from $4.99 On Google play.

Don't know if its any good, anybody have opinions on it? Seems like a possible screw up or flash sale.

http://www.app-sales.net/sale.php?id=2838

Amazon FAOTD is Blood Of The Zombies. Its a "Choose you own adventure" book. I bought it for $.99 awhile back and really enjoy it.

BTW i missed out on Mighty Dungeon too :(

Just saw this go live.

World War Z : $ .99 from $4.99 On Google play.

Don't know if its any good, anybody have opinions on it? Seems like a possible screw up or flash sale.

Amazon FAOTD is Blood Of The Zombies. Its a "Choose you own adventure" book. I bought it for $.99 awhile back and really enjoy it.

Thanks for posting this! These choose-your-own-adventure games rarely hit .99, more often $2.99. Amazon has been giving away some good shit recently.

Crystal Defenders from Square-Enix is on sale for $4.19, a new game called Hero of Many launched today at $1.99, and Broken Sword II is on sale for .99. The first Broken Sword is in the Humble Bundle Android that released today if you beat the average - it's a better game than the second and has been remastered, so it's highly recommended you start there if you're new to the series.

I'm considering FF3 despite owning the DS version. Anyone have an opinion on the Chaos Rings games? I bought the first back when I owned an iPhone, but never got around to playing more than 10 minutes. I got the impression that it would be a dungeon crawl, but maybe I didn't play long enough.

I've played CR 1 and CR Omega, and both are very good. Really well-done. I played both on iOS, though, so I'm not sure how they'll play on Android. If the same, they're worth the sale price. I'm considering getting CR2 on Android for the sale.

I'm considering FF3 despite owning the DS version. Anyone have an opinion on the Chaos Rings games? I bought the first back when I owned an iPhone, but never got around to playing more than 10 minutes. I got the impression that it would be a dungeon crawl, but maybe I didn't play long enough.

Rayman Jungle Run is on sale for $0.99 (down from $2.99 I believe). Really tempted to pick this up, but I find it hard to pay for any apps when I have so many free games left to play.
Just wanted to say that RJR is a really fun auto-scrolling platformer. Pretty challenging in later levels with lots of unlockable content, beautiful graphics, and high quality sound. The app has some check in DRM, which is disappointing, but it doesn't cause too much of an issue if you aren't trying to play often without internet (has 5 unchecked uses after every check in, I think). I wish they had made the downloadable characters unlockable instead of a separate $ purchase and the game had a bit less lag and slow down at times, but it's still very functional. Food for thought at least.

So weird... I replied to this topic before and it says I'm following, but I don't receive any notifications about it!  wtf?!  Missed all the good stuff.

EDIT: Gah~ I'm so tempted for Worms 2: Armageddon.  I remember growing up playing Worms Armageddon.  Wonder if it's any good on a touch screen device.

So weird... I replied to this topic before and it says I'm following, but I don't receive any notifications about it! wtf?! Missed all the good stuff.
you can change your notification settings for each thread by clicking the user drop down>content I follow>thread name. It probably just glitched out and turned off notifications for this thread, as you can follow threads without getting notified. Hopefully this makes sense, it's rather a bit more complicated that it should be for something rather basic.

Just saw this go live.

World War Z : $ .99 from $4.99 On Google play.

Woah, hold on, you just blew my mind! AppSales has a website?!

anyone know if Worms Armageddon features multiplayer? and if so will it work for playing against those with iOS? Would love to play this with my buddy who has an iPhone.

I've played CR 1 and CR Omega, and both are very good. Really well-done. I played both on iOS, though, so I'm not sure how they'll play on Android. If the same, they're worth the sale price. I'm considering getting CR2 on Android for the sale.

Thanks, I might as well try one of them for now and maybe pick up CR2 before the sale ends then.

I purchased Rayman Jungle Run, and it's pretty fun so far, but the levels are incredibly short. It's easy to just run through the levels (at least the initial ones), but collecting the lums adds more of a challenge and unlocks more difficult courses. I think it'll at least be worth the $1 cost, but I'm not that far yet. I am disappointed that the same couple songs appear to repeat over and over, though. Not a fan of the music (at least in the first world).

Well it looks awful, but posting for Ashes and her love of racing games: Championship Motorbikes 2013 - Amazon FAOTD :lol:
Wow, that does look kinda meh by 1995 standards (all the technical prowess of ExciteBike with none of the charm). Oddly it seems to have be on the Play Store and pulled from the Play Store. It still darkens the pages of Amazon and B&N. The audio in 2 min of youtube drives me batshit crazy. I'm thinking it's not going to grace my eclectic Amazon App Store backlog.

All but one of Kemco's RPGs are on sale for $.99 through 6/30.  Their latest, Infinite Dunamis, is on sale for $2.99.

Can anyone recommend any other kemco games? I have Knights of the Earthend on my Xperia Play, but it needs a new flex cable... i need a new rpg to play and i cant seem to find any in depth opinions on their games as a whole.

i cant really tell how any of them are different though... knight of the earthends was okay but damn was it repetitive ... it sort of had a class system for ONE character...

i dunno, might just save my dollar :p

if anyone could recommend 1 Kemco game which would it be?

Probably Symphony of the Origin. Followed by Symphony of Eternity (though Eternity is the first game, Origin the sequel). The only two Kemco games worth playing, from what I understand, though by no means have I played them all.

i cant really tell how any of them are different though... knight of the earthends was okay but damn was it repetitive ... it sort of had a class system for ONE character...

i dunno, might just save my dollar :p

if anyone could recommend 1 Kemco game which would it be?

bread's done
Back