Android games ongoing sales.

Do any of you guys have a Nook HD Plus? Just curious how it performs with Android games such as FF3 and Chaos Rings.

i cant really tell how any of them are different though... knight of the earthends was okay but damn was it repetitive ... it sort of had a class system for ONE character...

i dunno, might just save my dollar :p

if anyone could recommend 1 Kemco game which would it be?
I've only played two of 'em so far. Alphadia 1 was decent, and Genesis is not worth $0.99. They're relatively short (less than 10 hours), and are incredibly easy. Don't expect anything special when it comes to the stories of these games, and you can breeze through them with auto-battle.

Ugh, this is so tempting. However, I'm almost positive I will never actually play the damn thing.
Yeah I played about 5 minutes before realizing I shouldn't be playing something like this on my phone. Ended up playing pew pew instead and had a lot more fun.

Do any of you guys have a Nook HD Plus? Just curious how it performs with Android games such as FF3 and Chaos Rings.
I bought a Nook HD+ yesterday and just finished setting up the drivers on my PC so that I can sideload apps without rooting. I have neither of these games, though. Are there any others that you're wondering about?

Just noticed that Amazon is giving 10% back (in Amazon Coins) for select app purchases.  Has this been going on for awhile now and I just noticed it?  Anyways, I noticed a bunch of apps running this promo, but this one I know is on sale in addition to having the promo.

Scribblenauts: Remix for $0.99 (10 coins back)

Here are some other apps (Warner Bros) that are on sale.

Batman: Arkham City Lockdown for $0.99 (also Amazon KTE)

Man of Steel for $0.99 (also Amazon)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want Scribblenauts, but I think it is a huge candidate for being free so I'm gonna hold off. Lockdown seems interesting, but is too big for me to want on my phone.

The OP really needs to be updated; never been in this thread before but just got my new tablet and it got me all excited to be let down.

I wouldn't count on it anytime soon, as it hasn't been since last year. Someone should just make a new thread and keep it all up to date and shining *hint hint* ;)
Hmm, I suppose I could do that. Not like I'm not on here all day anyway and an excuse to go mad with power is always fun. :whee: Will have to look at your and Frisky's great threads a little closer... then steal all the good stuff.

Cave has a summer sale on the Google Play store, half price on:  Dodonpachi Resurrection (5.99), Espgaluda II (5.99), Mushihimisama (and Bug Panic 4.99), and Deathsmiles (6.99).  These are usually pretty expensive games for android apps, so the half price sale makes them a little more reasonable.

Sale runs August 10-18. 

Link to Google Play G-Gee apps (Cave shmups are published by G-Gee):  https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=G-Gee

Monkey Boxing - Free app of the day from Amazon

Mostly I am meh on Amazon's FAOTD but Monkey Boxing looks pretty cool and Crescent Moon usually make decent stuff.
The name makes it sound incredibly stupid, but I agree it looks sorta fun. Hopefully it's more PunchOut!! than Ready2Rumble :puke:

AFAotD are generally hit or miss for me, but when it's a game I usually think they are of above average quality. The exception to this are the ones that are borderline ad/spyware even though they are paid for apps. I always read the reviews now because of this since it's a pain to download an app only to have it start spamming your notifications :bomb:

I'll cross post this, since my original post in the actual Android forum got zero attention.

I'd really like to find an RPG or  Strategy game that isn't match three or MMO style. (hands off combat)

A card battling game would be nice, but the ones I've found like Dark Summoner or that EA Superhero game don't actually require you to battle w/ cards. Everything's just press okay and then the computer battles for you. No strategy invovled.

Things I have enjoyed:

I need A Hero (although I've finished it until they update with new levels)

10000000 and

Simpsons Tapped Out. ( Those are dailys plays)

Can You Escape (was fun for a few days)

I'll cross post this, since my original post in the actual Android forum got zero attention.

I'd really like to find an RPG or Strategy game that isn't match three or MMO style. (hands off combat)

A card battling game would be nice, but the ones I've found like Dark Summoner or that EA Superhero game don't actually require you to battle w/ cards. Everything's just press okay and then the computer battles for you. No strategy invovled.

Things I have enjoyed:
10000000 and
Tales of Illyria. It's like Oregon Trail meets Fighting Fantasy.

@eldergamer

are you looking for a srpg like spectral souls

a strat game like landgrabbers

or a ccg like order&chaos

turnbased like star traders rpg

others like cyberknights rpg, cyberlords, avadon?

got to say this is the best free game all month from amazon.

Can you download apps from other places besides AMAZON with a kindle fire HD or just amazon only
only amazon. It's one of the major cons compared to standard android tablets since without jailbreaking it you are essentially locked into a closed system.

only amazon. It's one of the major cons compared to standard android tablets since without jailbreaking it you are essentially locked into a closed system.
Well you can root it and it's really not that hard to do. There's lots of guides on the internet about it. Will probably void your warranty though.

The nice thing about the Nook pre-Google market was that you could use a custom rom via an SD card so it was only temporary and if you removed it you still had a standard Nook again. Of course now that they have the real Google Market you don't even have to bother.

@eldergamer

are you looking for a srpg like spectral souls

a strat game like landgrabbers

or a ccg like order&chaos

turnbased like star traders rpg

others like cyberknights rpg, cyberlords, avadon?
I'll check out order and chaos. Spectal Souls would be okay but not for $12. That's more of a PSP type game.

I don't want to pay more than 2 or $3.

startraders maybe.

landgrabbers. must remember to check it later.

Spectral Souls I don't think is worth as much as they are charging for it. It's a straight port from PSP they file size is enormous for a phone and they didn't bother to rework anything for touch controls. They basically just threw up a virtual pad and called it good.

I'd really like to find an RPG or Strategy game that isn't match three or MMO style. (hands off combat)

Things I have enjoyed:

10000000 and

I enjoyed Knights of Pen & Paper. You control a group of people playing a RPG (as opposed to controlling the actual characters in the RPG). The distinction is more of a novelty and an excuse for metagame humor but I had fun with the game and played it through to completion. There's a number of both players and character classess to choose from plus unlockable players/character classes you'll get during the game. So you have a degree of strategy in building your party. Combat is turn based -- Select "Double Attack" on your rogue and he attacks, then select "Regeneration" on your druid and she casts it, etc.

The game allows for in-app purchases but it's very playable and winnable without spending a dime of real money. I didn't use the IAP function at all and had all the top gear/decorations by the end.

This seems to be the correct thread to ask this: Do the pinball tables for Pinball Arcade, specifically the season passes, ever go on sale? They are a lot of fun and I'm sure the developer time/license fees were high for them, but the season passes at 29.99/39.99 seem a bit steep for a digital online product of this sort.

This seems to be the correct thread to ask this: Do the pinball tables for Pinball Arcade, specifically the season passes, ever go on sale? They are a lot of fun and I'm sure the developer time/license fees were high for them, but the season passes at 29.99/39.99 seem a bit steep for a digital online product of this sort.
I've never seen them go on any real sale. (But I don't claim they haven't.) The prices are usually fan defended/rationalized that it's the price of a couple plays/table (in meatspace.).

I've never seen them go on any real sale. (But I don't claim they haven't.) The prices are usually fan defended/rationalized that it's the price of a couple plays/table (in meatspace.).
Yeah, that's how I was rationalizing it...err..sort of. I remember playing the hell out of a lot of the tables they have or are planning on bringing, but I can't even find them anymore in the real anywhere. There was a great arcade that had both pinball tables and arcade games by me, but they closed a few years back with the economy hitting the skids, so I haven't been able to play pinball in a real long time and love how accurate the game is on android.

I enjoyed playing My Railway for a few days but the fact that it wants you to sign into Facebook, Twitter, post screen shots of your game on there, ask facebook friends or twitter followers for items in order to progress really kills it for me.

Levelling up w/o a dedicated networker of friends playing the game with you is almost impossible.

The nice thing about the Nook pre-Google market was that you could use a custom rom via an SD card so it was only temporary and if you removed it you still had a standard Nook again. Of course now that they have the real Google Market you don't even have to bother.
Nope. The Nook Tablet HD line got Google Market. Older Nook Tablets and Nook Colors did not. Unless they reversed course on that recently, that is.

Also Asphalt 8: Airbone got released on the 22nd and is just $0.99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LibbLULWIp0

seems there will be  something new coming from amazon in the next month. 

Meijers   best buy and   walmart all had    CLOSEOUTS  on their kindle fire hds this week   159.99 each  (what is almost everyday price now)  

bread's done
Back