Android games ongoing sales.

$.99 - you must buy Pocket God. This game is fantastic. If you already have a IPOD Touch or iPhone its the same game. If youve never played it you should.

I love the new game coin pirates. Its made by nubee games and they listened to the reviews feedback and fixed what ppl didn't like about the game...its a coin drop game and its really addicting. Once u get 7-7-7 a couple of times to roll the big spin on the slot machine u will be hooked..! Also your coins rplenish when your not playing.!

Most likely going to be swapping my old phone out for a Sharp Galapagos 005 pretty soon since my previous contract recently expired.
It's Android 2.2, but I have not had an Android yet.
Of course, I expect things to be different since I am in Japan, but I am not 100% certain. Anyone else outside of the U.S. have an Android?

so uh... what the hell is wrong with Gameloft? Why would you have a sale if you're just going to make the process of buying a discounted game impossible and unbelievably convoluted?

-First of all, half of the games on the sale don't show up in Android Marketplace when I search for them directly, does this mean they're not compatible with my Droid 1? Why Gameloft wouldn't list device compatibilities for their games on their website is beyond me...

-Also when I go to the blog link it shows the price for Oregon Trail at $1.99, then when I try to buy it using my credit card it says "You can buy Oregon Trail for $4.99." What gives?

I was really looking forward to picking up a few games and now I am so frustrated after spending 2 hours trying that I'm about to give up on gameloft entirely until I get an ipod/iphone. Anyone have luck buying any of those games with a Motorola Droid 1 or care to elaborate on how to actually purchase the games for the sale price?

About a week ago there was an old NBA Jam port (via sega version) on the marketplace; now it appears to be gone. Can I find this game anywhere else?

Thanks!

[quote name='reddjoey']I know it's not a sale, but if you want an interesting time waster, try Alchemy.[/QUOTE]

Me and my girlfriend are playing one of the Alchemy games. There are a couple versions.

We are trying to see who can finish the game first. It gets hard after awhile.

Baseball Superstars 2011 is on sale for $0.99. Down from normal price of $4.99

It was free on Amazon AppStore the other day, and I'm actually really enjoying the game. Really addictive and a good time killer at work. :)

Well worth the $0.99. Kinda reminds me of MLB Power Pros for the Wii

[quote name='henryVIII']Baseball Superstars 2011 is on sale for $0.99. Down from normal price of $4.99

It was free on Amazon AppStore the other day, and I'm actually really enjoying the game. Really addictive and a good time killer at work. :)

Well worth the $0.99. Kinda reminds me of MLB Power Pros for the Wii[/QUOTE]

Damn, I've been sleeping on the free apps on the Amazon store.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Damn, I've been sleeping on the free apps on the Amazon store.[/QUOTE]

it's been a habit for me to open up the Appstore app first thing in the morning. I don't think I missed out on a free app since its inception.

[quote name='vlv723']it's been a habit for me to open up the Appstore app first thing in the morning. I don't think I missed out on a free app since its inception.[/QUOTE]
Ever since I turned my HD2 from crummy old Win Mobile 6.5 to Android 2.3.4 and picked up a Moto Xoom - I've been checking the Amazon store like clockwork and scored some great free stuff I would have paid for. I highly recommend it !

Good things from amazon app store i have scored was (not in any order just what i remember)

Angry Birds Rio (ad-free)
Trillian Pro (i know it's free now but this version is ad free)
Baseball Superstars 2011
Chuzzle
collapse
chalk ball
X contruct (pretty fun, ad version saves not supported by full version)

Excited for Plants Vs. Zombies when that comes out since will be free day 1 for one day

As for good games that are free (though has ads..)
i would suggest
iRunner (pretty much a bit trip runner clone with endless mode and health)
Words with Friends (scrabble, cross platform on iOS and Android)

Just got Xmen, such a fun game. Definitely worth it but the controls are kinda bad, the on screen control stick doesn't work that well, hopefully they update it so it works more like the virtual joystick in Pacman and other games. Also wish they'd add online multiplayer (the multiplayer is only ad-hoc) but maybe that would be too intense to run on a phone.

According to @fieldrunners, Fieldrunners HD is coming to Android this Thursday (6/30) and will be free for the first 24 hours ($2.99 after that)!

I'll have to get that for sure.

[quote name='iowaholdem']According to @fieldrunners, Fieldrunners HD is coming to Android this Thursday (6/30) and will be free for the first 24 hours ($2.99 after that)!

I'll have to get that for sure.[/QUOTE]Scratch that. Now according to their Twitter, a game can not launch free so it will be $0.99.

[quote name='Calinks']Amazon apstore has been wonderful. Lovin baseball, Plants vs Zombies, and Hex mutha effin Defense![/QUOTE]

Amazon has been pretty good. Barely got my tablet and opened it in time to get Peggle. Missed PvZ but had it already on other platforms.

And yeah, Hex Defense is amazing. Keep tweaking my strategy but the second level is a real pain ( only can get 67k). GRave Defense is also really good, but i got frustrated when the kamikaze zombies started showing up and stopped playing.

Hopefully, you got yesterday's make-up freebie, Airport Mania. That's also really good

Thinking of buying the full version of Hexdefense now that i was able to get the android market installed. Robotek Hd is interesting but the AI can steamroll you. Three of a kind, three times in a row? WTF!

Hex Defense was great, but it got a little too easy once you figure out to pretty much just use lasers. I beat most of the levels on hard, but some of them don't save progress for some reason, even after re-doing it over and over.

Playing a little bit of Plants vs Zombies. Not as fun as I thought it'd be, due to how popular it is, but I will say it's the only tower defense I've liked that doesn't have enemies walk a fixed path.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Scratch that. Now according to their Twitter, a game can not launch free so it will be $0.99.[/QUOTE]. That sucks but may get it anyway. It would be nice if they made it free 24 hours after they launch at 99cents; that would get around the no free launch;)

[quote name='elessar123']Hex Defense was great, but it got a little too easy once you figure out to pretty much just use lasers. I beat most of the levels on hard, but some of them don't save progress for some reason, even after re-doing it over and over.

Playing a little bit of Plants vs Zombies. Not as fun as I thought it'd be, due to how popular it is, but I will say it's the only tower defense I've liked that doesn't have enemies walk a fixed path.[/QUOTE]

I think Hex only saves when you do better than your previous game, but i only have the free version so maybe it is different in the full version.

Agree about PvZ being the best of this type. Played a China inspired tower defense that plays like PvZ and uninstalled it after a couple of games. It just wasn't entertaining. Yet, i can still go back and replay PvZ levels

[quote name='rbarba4']I think Hex only saves when you do better than your previous game, but i only have the free version so maybe it is different in the full version.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't give me a green check mark at all. I'd exit, go back in, continue, and it'll be at the end of round 20, and nothing happens.

As for paths, I meant I'm normally not a fan of tower defense which is just an empty rectangle, like robo defense and desktop tower defense. I like ones with some predefined paths, like savage moon, hex defense, most of the old warcraft 3 / starcraft maps. I wasn't clear before, since they all have paths.

[quote name='iowaholdem']After the mix up announcement with Fieldrunners, they have again posted that the game will launch (shortly, but not today) on the Amazon appstore for free for the first 24 hours!

http://fieldrunners.com/fieldrunner...ng-on-amazon-appstore-free-for-the-first-day/[/QUOTE]

Great news! I've been checking my tablet and the market website all day wondering what was up. Came on here to ask if anyone had been able to get it.

I was kinda hoping they would pair up with Amazon to try and do the freebie offer. Their previous update even mentioned that they were looking at other market alternatives.

I know someone started a new post but wanted to update this thread about Fieldrunners HD since it was first mentioned here...

It is OUT!:bouncy:

Amazon App of the day. Download it while it's free:hot:.

Would have updated sooner but wanted to test it out since the description said it wouldn't work on tablets and that's what I have. Ended up doing my first 100 level run. No problems so far on my Kyros 7022

[quote name='rbarba4']I know someone started a new post but wanted to update this thread about Fieldrunners HD since it was first mentioned here...

It is OUT!:bouncy:

Amazon App of the day. Download it while it's free:hot:.

Would have updated sooner but wanted to test it out since the description said it wouldn't work on tablets and that's what I have. Ended up doing my first 100 level run. No problems so far on my Kyros 7022[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what this game is about, but I downloaded based on your enthusiasm alone lol! Plus it's free, so what the hell? Thanks! :bouncy:

[quote name='Pck21']I have no idea what this game is about, but I downloaded based on your enthusiasm alone lol! Plus it's free, so what the hell? Thanks! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]It's one of iOS's first & best tower defense games. Build towers, level them up, create a gauntlet for the enemies to run through and die in before they reach your tower. Great art style, good difficulty ramp up. For free, it's fantastic. For $2.99, it's a value. For $4.99 (what I paid on iOS just hours before the permanent price drop to $2.99) it was still a good purchase.

Is it July 19 yet? I got both Fieldrunners and Age of Zombies but I'm waiting til Virgin Mobile releases the Motorola Triumph. That phone would run the games better than my LG Optimus.

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone try this game Pyschoban

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.ph...now-available-brings-along-some-great-visuals

I couldn't get it to run, crashed after the map loaded the first screen, but it's probably because of my old phone. :p[/QUOTE]

It plays great on my transformer tablet. Not even going to try on my Droid, nothing works on that.

Edit: I spoke too soon. At a certain level the screen goes to what i assume is a video that wants I input from me, but is just a black screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HeSaveDave']Thanks dude![/QUOTE]

You're welcome. Here are a few games I have and really like for my Droid X:

Matching games: Jewellust, Devilry Huntress, Treasures of Montezuma 2, Chuzzle, 180 Ultra

Shooters: Air Attack HD, Sky Force, Sky Force Reloaded, Mortal Skies, Minisquadron, Minisquadron Special Edition, Armageddon Squadron, Overkill

Tower Defense: Fieldrunners (HD?), Grave Defense HD, Plants vs. Zombies

Racing: Asphalt 5, Asphalt 6, Raging Thunder 2

Casual: Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Rio, Cut the Rope, Peggle, Gem Miner: Dig Deeper, Fruit Ninja

RPGs: Dungeon Hunter 2, Legends of Arcana, Zenonia 2

Action: Gun Bros, Fruit Ninja, Tank Hero

They did a midday switch on the Amazon Free App of the Day. Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips is free. Go grab it - the first one was pretty good!

[quote name='fatboyjam']They did a midday switch on the Amazon Free App of the Day. Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips is free. Go grab it - the first one was pretty good![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. First one is a good game and IIRC, it was also a midday switch. But at the time it seemed like Amazon did the switch because the original free app was dumped on by a bunch of posts

[quote name='fatboyjam']They did a midday switch on the Amazon Free App of the Day. Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips is free. Go grab it - the first one was pretty good![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Weird. However I'm showing Bow Assassin (which I don't think is what I saw this morning). Fortunately I seem to have picked up Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips HD before.

Regarding threads: I had poked around but I didn't see any particularly relevant threads, so I started this one. I've been around the PCDD threads for a few months and it seems customary for each major sale to have it's own thread (e.g. GamersGate Summer sale (4 weeks), U-Play $1 sale (4 days), Origin (5? days), etc). I find this handy for first post links as well as focused discussion. Per your implicit suggestion I put an announcement in the The Android Thread to notify interested CAGs that lurk there (as I had done in very social Steam Thread).

I hope you find something good in the sale! :grouphug:

[quote name='asheskitty']Thanks. Weird. However I'm showing Bow Assassin (which I don't think is what I saw this morning). Fortunately I seem to have picked up Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips HD before.

Regarding threads: I had poked around but I didn't see any particularly relevant threads, so I started this one. I've been around the PCDD threads for a few months and it seems customary for each major sale to have it's own thread (e.g. GamersGate Summer sale (4 weeks), U-Play $1 sale (4 days), Origin (5? days), etc). I find this handy for first post links as well as focused discussion. Per your implicit suggestion I put an announcement in the The Android Thread to notify interested CAGs that lurk there (as I had done in very social Steam Thread).

I hope you find something good in the sale! :grouphug:[/QUOTE]
i think you just replied to a post from a year ago. but...welcome to cag!

Just an FYI, two Cave games just came out for android. Espgaluda II:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ggee.vividruntime.gg_1550

Dodonpachi Resurrection:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ggee.vividruntime.gg_1549

Sadly the full versions are not yet compatible with the Google Nexus 7, but the "lite" (free) versions are, for some strange reason (I downloaded both). I think they may have pulled them for full download to Nexus 7 for some reason, should be back up later. They are available to run on most semi-modern cellphones though, even my older Droid X is compatible. Great shmups that are well worth getting if you have a decent tablet in particular.

bread's done
Back