[Android] Premium Apps - 50cents, TuneIn Radio Pro - 25cents

Link2999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Was looking through the Android Market (or Google Play now), and found Dead Space and Need for Speed by EA were available for 50cents each. There may be more 50cent offers by EA, but I would be unable to see their prices as I've already purchased them.

Edit: Found Asphalt 6 on sale as well. Gameloft game, meaning this sale isn't limited to EA.
Edit 2: Found a list of all 50cent games.

All 50cent Apps
Where's My Water - 25cents
Flick Golf Extreme - 25cents
Quell Reflect - 25cents
Paper Camera - 25cents
Smart Tools - 25cents
Camera Zoom FX - 25cents
TuneIn Radio Pro - 25cents

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up getting the Camera Zoom Fx app, Little Criter, T-Rex, Connect 4, Shadowgun, Dead Space, Flick Golf Extreme, Zookeeper, PL Story, and TuneIn Radio Pro. Not bad :D

some more $.49 apps added:
Sniper Vs Sniper: Online
Colosseum
Homerun Battle 3D
don't think any removed (besides water)

Gameloft sucks. I purchased NOVA 2, it wouldn't let me download it. I emailed the dev, they cancelled my order, they charged me 49cents. They emailed me this morning saying they couldn't give me a refund. Asshats :roll:

[quote name='Rodster']Gameloft sucks. I purchased NOVA 2, it wouldn't let me download it. I emailed the dev, they cancelled my order, they charged me 49cents. They emailed me this morning saying they couldn't give me a refund. Asshats :roll:[/QUOTE]

Their games are notoriously fussy about which very specific devices from a small list that they support. In many cases you can actually get their games to work but you have to jump through many hoops to do it and it is a huge pain in the ass.

[quote name='Rodster']Gameloft sucks. I purchased NOVA 2, it wouldn't let me download it. I emailed the dev, they cancelled my order, they charged me 49cents. They emailed me this morning saying they couldn't give me a refund. Asshats :roll:[/QUOTE]

I always check my games immediately after buying. Google PLay gives you 15 minutes after you purchase an app to request a refund. Had to get a refund for NOVA 2 and the two racing games as they were not compatible with my device.

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm, the 25 cent game/book/movie/music deals of the day haven't seemed to rolled over yet. I wonder what time that happens.[/QUOTE]

You have to click on the music or book banner. Todays book is fight club and the Cd is weezy.

[quote name='joeyshadows']You have to click on the music or book banner. Todays book is fight club and the Cd is weezy.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't updated earlier when I posted but I see it now. The deals seem to roll over at about noon PST for those who are OCD about that sort of thing. ;)

[quote name='EvilIA']Where are you seeing the CD is weezy? I only see lil wayne or something in the banner.[/QUOTE]

That's who I was referring to. Sorry.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I always check my games immediately after buying. Google PLay gives you 15 minutes after you purchase an app to request a refund. Had to get a refund for NOVA 2 and the two racing games as they were not compatible with my device.[/QUOTE]
I didn't even have the option for a refund. After I paid it was stuck on "BUY" so I emailed them then they cancelled my order but was still charged. At least it was only 49 cents I lost.

I keep getting error messages "An Error occurred. Please try again" Anyone experience this as well or has figured out the issue? Would appreciate the help.

And today's deal is Quell Reflect for $0.25

Har, har Google. Har, har. If I had just waited...I could have saved 50%! GAAAHH

Honestly don't mind as the prices are already low enough but I just hope the developers don't get some some kind of backlash on the ratings page if Google keeps doing this. :(

For books it's Kitchen Confidential for $0.25 (Amazon should match just like they have on past deals).

[quote name='Pajama_Man']And today's deal is Quell Reflect for $0.25

Har, har Google. Har, har. If I had just waited...I could have saved 50%! GAAAHH

Honestly don't mind as the prices are already low enough but I just hope the developers don't get some some kind of backlash on the ratings page if Google keeps doing this. :(

For books it's Kitchen Confidential for $0.25.[/QUOTE]
I also bought Quell earlier!

I'm now taking the Steam sale approach to this: wait until the last day to buy anything I want :p. Sure, it's literally pennies, but it's the principle of the matter!

[quote name='Pajama_Man']And today's deal is Quell Reflect for $0.25

For books it's Kitchen Confidential for $0.25 (Amazon should match just like they have on past deals).[/QUOTE]

Updated first post. It seems like all of the 25cent deals are just going to be from the 50cent ones.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I keep getting error messages "An Error occurred. Please try again" Anyone experience this as well or has figured out the issue? Would appreciate the help.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to buy on your device or on the web? If one isn't working try the other. Anything you buy on the web can still be downloaded to any of your devices as long as you are using the same Google account.

I'll gladly pay the $.50 I did for Quell Reflect, considering I got the first one free from a third party site a while back. It's a game I can't recommend highly enough - fantastic job all around, and an insta-purchase for me on day 1 of the sale.

I wanted to play Dead Space on Android for so long and was going to get it full price but it was not compatible with my device. I check it again for this sale and it says it is compatible thanks OP for the savings.

They did the same thing to me around christmas Nova 2 worked for like 2 days and then I don't know if it updated or what but I got stuck on the game verifying my license and wouldn't let me play. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times. Contacted their support to no help. I wasn't the only one who had the problem with it because when I googled the error I got users on forums came up having the same issue.

After about two weeks of them not giving me a refund and no fix I just bought another one of gamelofts games that was the same price and got a refund on that within 15 minutes on android market.

[quote name='headpiece747']I wanted to play Dead Space on Android for so long and was going to get it full price but it was not compatible with my device. I check it again for this sale and it says it is compatible thanks OP for the savings.[/QUOTE]

The did an update for it recently that seems to have addressed the compatibility issues it was having with some devices. Once in a while EA actually does something right.

In the scrolling "ad" banner near the top center, there is a "ad" for $.49 apps. If you click it it takes you to 2 pages of apps.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']A few more $0.49 games have been added.

Modern Combat 3
[/QUOTE]

Really want to play Modern Combat 3 but it is not compatible with my device. I have even emailed Gameloft to see if they could update but I got back a generic response back making me think that it is a no go.

[quote name='headpiece747']Really want to play Modern Combat 3 but it is not compatible with my device. I have even emailed Gameloft to see if they could update but I got back a generic response back making me think that it is a no go.[/QUOTE]

It's alright you're really aren't missing much. It's fun for a few minutes until the novelty of "OMG CoD ON MAH PHONE/TABULE" wears off and you realize how blah it is. Everything is mediocre and I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing one of those $9.99 ValueSoft "generic" shooters you find at Walmart/Target in the PC section.

The game also has a two currency system for MP & SP. Points used for upgrades, guns, attachments can be earned through play slowly or purchased with mola.

$0.50 is a "fair" value for the game.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']It's alright you're really aren't missing much. It's fun for a few minutes until the novelty of "OMG CoD ON MAH PHONE/TABULE" wears off and you realize how blah it is. Everything is mediocre and I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing one of those $9.99 ValueSoft "generic" shooters you find at Walmart/Target in the PC section.

The game also has a two currency system for MP & SP. Points used for upgrades, guns, attachments can be earned through play slowly or purchased with mola.

$0.50 is a "fair" value for the game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I am not missing much. Well I thought it would be close to a FPS on tablet that is around.

[quote name='headpiece747']Sounds like I am not missing much. Well I thought it would be close to a FPS on tablet that is around.[/QUOTE]

Which device are you on? With some of the Gameloft games if you stand on your head on a Tuesday during a new moon and do a jig backward while drinking a glass of water you can get them to work on devices they aren't officially supported on.

If you are on the Touchpad someone on Rootzwiki claimed he got Modern Combat 3 to download and work by changing the build.prop to the Samsung T989

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15514-hi...s-edition/page__st__60__p__466376#entry466376

I'm annoyed that my 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S is "supported," but my 3 month old transformer prime is not for modern combat 3. I've done the buying on phone, backing up apk, loading up on tablet for other gameloft games; however, it's too frustrating to continue. I'm just gonna hold off on their games for the time being--while fun, they're usually buggy.

I've been having problems with purchasing SwiftKey. I have it from the Amazon free app of the day a few months back, but I wanted to get it from google play because I hate updating through the Amazon Appstore. Anyways, I am unable to purchase (only install or update) and I keep getting an error saying I haven't purchased it.

For other apps, I have been able to just uninstall it and I'll be able to purchase it; but not swiftkey. I've looked online a bit and didn't find anything that worked. If anyone has any ideas PM me (I've contacted the devs who directed me to Google who then just told me they would get to me later (which I'm afraid will be after its up in $).

I have an Xperia Play, rooted, have Titanium Backup Pro, well versed with terminal/linux commands, etc. Any help would be great.

Now more on topic, anyone have an reasoning to but Asphalt 6 if it came with my phone (ie, I have it just can't update). I'm basically just wondering if anyone knows if the updates are delivered in game or via google play.

[quote name='linkbear']I'm annoyed that my 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S is "supported," but my 3 month old transformer prime is not for modern combat 3. I've done the buying on phone, backing up apk, loading up on tablet for other gameloft games; however, it's too frustrating to continue. I'm just gonna hold off on their games for the time being--while fun, they're usually buggy.[/QUOTE]

Gameloft doesn't give a crap about Asus. They pretty much don't give a crap about anyone but Apple and Samsung. You could probably get some of their games working if you jump through enough hoops but I don't have a TP myself to try that out.

FAWK, I just bought Asphalt 6 which is a 527MB download. It didn't state this on the store page -- it states 6.0MB. After installing, the game goes through a security check and tells me that I didn't purchase the game. I tap on the BUY button that pops up and on the market page it gives me the option to open the game or get a refund. Play doesn't work and the Refund button didn't work either.

FUN.

I'm running a non-rooted Samsung Galaxy II S Skyrocket, FYI, but I can't imagine that being the issue.

Anyway, the game seems to have uninstalled itself somehow. I tried to reinstall it and it says I haven't purchased it but the market page says I have. Am I just in refund limbo?

tl;dr: There's a purchase error and the download size is over 500MB.

[quote name='Motoki']Which device are you on? With some of the Gameloft games if you stand on your head on a Tuesday during a new moon and do a jig backward while drinking a glass of water you can get them to work on devices they aren't officially supported on.

If you are on the Touchpad someone on Rootzwiki claimed he got Modern Combat 3 to download and work by changing the build.prop to the Samsung T989

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15514-hi...s-edition/page__st__60__p__466376#entry466376[/QUOTE]

Man you had me laughing there but I am on a Sony Tablet S so I will just wait until I get the ICS update and see if that helps.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']FAWK, I just bought Asphalt 6...and the download size is over 500MB.[/B][/QUOTE]

Just an FYI to everyone, that is pretty commonplace for the higher end games like Gameloft and EA etc. Retro looking 2D stuff like Angry birds, puzzle games etc shouldn't be too large but if the game is 3D polygonal and it looks kind of close to something you'd see on a console then it's probably going to be a big download.

You can't trust the file size because up until very recently Google only allowed a max size of uploaded apps to be 50 MB so the app developers had to work around that by having the download app be a small file that acts as a sort of shell client which then downloads all the data after you run it.

A few days ago Google upped the max app file size that can be uploaded to 4GB so I think eventually we will start seeing some accurate file sizes in the descriptions but that will take a while.

I have a Touchpad running CM7 and I have no problems running MC3. I even used the sixaxis app to use a ps3 controller with it. I did have to map my own control scheme though.

I've been wanting a tablet for a while now and this sale has only made it worse. I hope google cranks out their Asus love child already. Btw I think todays mp3 album is a drake record. Bleh

[quote name='dorkyden']quelle reflect is a steal at 49 cents! thx![/QUOTE]

It was an even greater steal at 25 cents.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I have a Touchpad running CM7 and I have no problems running MC3. I even used the sixaxis app to use a ps3 controller with it. I did have to map my own control scheme though.[/QUOTE]
Out of curiosity, did you have to change anything to get MC3 working? I have an HP Touchpad as well with CM7 and it says it's not compatible.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Out of curiosity, did you have to change anything to get MC3 working? I have an HP Touchpad as well with CM7 and it says it's not compatible.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK it won't show up in the market with the standard device info by default that cyanogenmod gives the Touchpad (cm_tenderloin I believe). You have to edit to buildprop to something else that's Gameloft approved like the Samsung T989. See the Rootzwiki thread I linked in my earlier post for more info.

bread's done
Back