Android Sticks

ArugulaZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
I'm thinking of replacing my Playstation TV with a more versatile Android stick, something that can play more than just Playstation games downloaded from the PSN store. Only problem is, I'm not sure which one to get. I've seen several Chinese models on eBay with impressive specs (quad core, high clock speed, 2GB RAM, etc.) but I'm not sure if they perform as well as the specifications suggest. Then there's that weird hockey puck that Target was selling for cheap, the Nexus Player, but I think the price went right back up after that brief sale. What would you suggest I purchase?

Target clearanced the nexus player out. So it wasn't a sale.

Depends on your budget and how much your going to use it. The nexus player is routinely on sale for $50 or less. The nvidia Shield console is a ton better than that. And it has the ability to stream your steam library also to it. The 16gb model is $200 but I think it has a micro sd slot and/or a usb port for adding an external drive. There is one for $300 bucks that includes a hard drive. 

And I think they are coming with a free remote along with the controller right now. Since its the holidays I imagine there will be sales sometime in the next few weeks to a month.

I have a nexus player and use a wired 360 controller to play games on it. But you need to get a micro usb to otg cable to connect to it. They sell a wireless controller that has been on sale at walmart for $30 for a while. Supposedly its pretty good. But I've never tried it.

bread's done
Back