Animal Crossing: New Leaf - $29.99 @ Amazon

Great game people, go buy it.  It was the last game I bought at full price since Metriod Prime for the GC and well worth the  price.  :lol:

If anyone is going to buy this game I suggest you do so digitally off the eShop. Buying this physically was a huge mistake. A game of this nature is tailor made for digital download.. on your home menu at all times.. and I'm not the biggest fan digital games outside of convienence.

The artwork for the casing is beautiful but in the end, in my opinion, it's just not worth it. I'm positive I have a bunch of weeds and s*** all over my town (lol) and my favorite neighbors have all since moved away.

I forgot about the game a few months back. This would have been impossible had I actually bought this one digital, since it would have been permanently accessable on my home menu.

That's what I get for trying to save around $8 bucks and wanting to have the packaging for this particular game. Don't make the same mistake i did if you plan on buying this...

Played new leaf for a few weeks ultimately found the game boring. although it may be better than wild world if you already played wild word this one is skippable

Game is awesome, I put over 40 hours into it. It helped me pass the time while I was locked up last year.
I put 40 hours into the game the first week I had it. I own the physical game and just leave it in the system. If I think I'm going to play another game I have a GameBoy case with four other games in. It's by far the best of the Animal Crossing games, and looks beautiful as long as you play a little each day or just put in the "Green Grower Ordinance" or whatever it is called to keep the weeds away and the flowers growing.

This is well worth the pick up. Bought it on release day and I've played everyday since. The community here on CAG is really helpful and we're always posting giveaways and offering as much help as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is going to buy this game I suggest you do so digitally off the eShop. Buying this physically was a huge mistake. A game of this nature is tailor made for digital download.. on your home menu at all times.. and I'm not the biggest fan digital games outside of convienence.

The artwork for the casing is beautiful but in the end, in my opinion, it's just not worth it. I'm positive I have a bunch of weeds and s*** all over my town (lol) and my favorite neighbors have all since moved away.

I forgot about the game a few months back. This would have been impossible had I actually bought this one digital, since it would have been permanently accessable on my home menu.

That's what I get for trying to save around $8 bucks and wanting to have the packaging for this particular game. Don't make the same mistake i did if you plan on buying this...
I'd much rather have physical over digital any day. Not to mention that switching out the game cart isn't as difficult as you make it out to be (especially coming from someone who calls themselves "OldSchoolGaming4Life"!)

But yeah, if anyone new gets this game be sure to check out the Animal Crossing thread.

I'd much rather have physical over digital any day. Not to mention that switching out the game cart isn't as difficult as you make it out to be (especially coming from someone who calls themselves "OldSchoolGaming4Life"!)

But yeah, if anyone new gets this game be sure to check out the Animal Crossing thread.
First, what does my name have to do with anything? Second, I prefer physical copies, and most people know this already. I'm VERY vocal about that. 80%-90% of my entire collection are in the physical format.

Third, I said it was a huge mistake (I was reffering to myself) buying this one physically. I ended up paying for it. I forget about the game entirely because I had different games in the cartridge slot during these last few months. I would have had to switch out cartridges in order to do this.

Fourth, I never said it was "difficult" to switch out cartridges, as you're implying. but a game like this is more suited to have on your home menu at all times, as you're expected to check in on your town on a daily basis. You're simply more unlikely to forget about it since it's always there, everytime you open up your 3DS or switch on your 2DS.

All I made was recommendation to buy THIS one digitally. I would definitely say the same for Mario Kart 7 as well.

Again, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, just because my name is OldSchoolGaming4Life.

needs to be at least $20 for me to buy. I'm not too sure i'll like the game since its one of those love or hate games. if i don't like it and I only spend $20 i can live with that. however if i spend anymore i'd be pretty upset, could've just used the cash on something else.

First, what does my name have to do with anything? Second, I prefer physical copies, and most people know this already. I'm VERY vocal about that. 80%-90% of my entire collection are in the physical format.

Third, I said it was a huge mistake (I was reffering to myself) buying this one physically. I ended up paying for it. I forget about the game entirely because I had different games in the cartridge slot during these last few months. I would have had to switch out cartridges in order to do this.

Fourth, I never said it was "difficult" to switch out cartridges, as you're implying. but a game like this is more suited to have on your home menu at all times, as you're expected to check in on your town on a daily basis. You're simply more unlikely to forget about it since it's always there, everytime you open up your 3DS or switch on your 2DS.

All I made was recommendation to buy THIS one digitally. I would definitely say the same for Mario Kart 7 as well.

Again, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, just because my name is OldSchoolGaming4Life.
You're supposed to be a hardcore old school gamer who isn't worried about minor inconveniences like switching out carts... Unlike this generation of spoiled new school gamers.

I play both Animal Crossing and Mario Kart quite a bit and don’t forget to play them just because I have physical copies. I'm sorry that you didn't remember to play the game just because it's not on your home menu.

P.S. There's nothing wrong with new school gaming. Or old school gaming.

You're supposed to be a hardcore old school gamer who isn't worried about minor inconveniences like switching out carts... Unlike this generation of spoiled new school gamers.

I play both Animal Crossing and Mario Kart quite a bit and don’t forget to play them just because I have physical copies. I'm sorry that you didn't remember to play the game just because it's not on your home menu.

P.S. There's nothing wrong with new school gaming. Or old school gaming.
I choose the OldSchoolGaming/RetroGaming name for myself because I will always love and respect what the older games have done for the industry, paving the way for what us gamers are spoiled with now. Without them we wouldn't have what we have.

I also chose it because I still prefer playing alot of the older games than I do the newer ones. I'm pretty selective of what I play and buy when it comes to the modern stuff.

I choose the OldSchoolGaming/RetroGaming name for myself because I will always love and respect what the older games have done for the industry, paving the way for what us gamers are spoiled with now. Without them we wouldn't have what we have.

I also chose it because I still prefer playing alot of the older games than I do the newer ones. I'm pretty selective of what I play and buy when it comes to the modern stuff.
We should play Mario Kart 8 when it comes out and leave this heated argument behind us.

My biggest problem with the digital version of these games is that I can't let my kids borrow them to play on their own 3DS systems.  Plus, until Nintendo moves out of the stone age with regard to digital purchases (and stops tying purchases to hardware), I plan on sticking to physical media only.

We should play Mario Kart 8 when it comes out and leave this heated argument behind us.
I wouldn't even call it an arguement. I was just wondering what my name had to do with anything I said. That's all. All my info is in my sig if you want to add. I'll be getting Mario Kart 8 on day 1. Probrably my favorite franchise next to Zelda.

I wouldn't even call it an arguement. I was just wondering what my name had to do with anything I said. That's all. All my info is in my sig if you want to add. I'll be getting Mario Kart 8 on day 1. Probrably my favorite franchise next to Zelda.
I'll be buying Mario Kart 8 Day 1 as well. Adding you both so we can play.

My biggest problem with the digital version of these games is that I can't let my kids borrow them to play on their own 3DS systems. Plus, until Nintendo moves out of the stone age with regard to digital purchases (and stops tying purchases to hardware), I plan on sticking to physical media only.
Cannot disagree about that, especially when it comes down to Nintendo systems. I just wish I had made the exception for Animal Crossing. I do have Mario Kart 7 digitally though from the XL bundle.

Seeing how much I play this one, and Mario Kart in general, I'm actually glad I have it digitally. For me, I wouldn't wish to have it any other way. I still have my launch physical copy of that game though ;)

;)
I'll be buying Mario Kart 8 Day 1 as well. Adding you both so we can play.
Rozz, I need your NNID and 3DS FC, if you have a 3DS of course ;) . Explicit, I will be accepting your friend request in a few, as I will be heading on Mario Kart Wii before I get some rest for work in the morning. I'd like to add you as a 3DS friend as well. See you both in May! :D

bread's done
Back