Animal Crossing Regular ($30) and Wii Speak Bundle ($40) w/free shipping at Newegg

Nice find. Compare to 54.99 on Amazon and 53.98 in Amazon Market place for the Wii Speak bundle :) I'm tempted but I just preordered 2 copies of Devil Summoner 2.

Nice deal. Something tells me it won't be long before it sees a universal drop to $39.99 or so. Not that Ninty likes to reduce their game prices, but this game just didn't sell as well as expected.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Nice deal. Something tells me it won't be long before it sees a universal drop to $39.99 or so. Not that Ninty likes to reduce their game prices, but this game just didn't sell as well as expected.[/quote]

Honestly even though I have fun with it, it needs to be at the $40 price point. These were the Black Friday prices Amazon had so it's good to see Newegg going for this.

[quote name='skubish']Buy Wii speak and forget the game. It is utter crap.[/quote]

I kinda liked AC on the GameCube, so I wouldn't say it's utter crap as a whole, but definitely not worth it for someone who's played the original.

That said, I've been somewhat itching to check this one out (if only to give my Wii some play time), and I'm aware the game is almost exactly the same as the original, but what does the Wii Speak thing add? Just the ability to communicate online or something?

[quote name='skubish']Buy Wii speak and forget the game. It is utter crap.[/quote]

No it's not. It's just largely a port of the DS release. Stop using words that don't apply to the game. Cruisen for Wii, now that's crap.

[quote name='kazunori']I kinda liked AC on the GameCube, so I wouldn't say it's utter crap as a whole, but definitely not worth it for someone who's played the original.

That said, I've been somewhat itching to check this one out (if only to give my Wii some play time), and I'm aware the game is almost exactly the same as the original, but what does the Wii Speak thing add? Just the ability to communicate online or something?[/quote]

Wii Speak allows you to talk to folks visiting your town, or when you visit other people's town. It also adds the Wii Speak Channel which allows you to leave voice messages to anyone on your friends list as well as chat with folks. It's pretty much meh IMHO but at $40, your basically only paying $10 for it. Also High Voltage's game will use it. It's pretty poorly supported still however for what it costs and why Excitebots didn't make use of it is something I'll not understand. Balance Board, Wii Wheel and Wii Zapper have 80% more support and two of those three are plastic shells.

[quote name='Sixtail']Wii Speak allows you to talk to folks visiting your town, or when you visit other people's town. It also adds the Wii Speak Channel which allows you to leave voice messages to anyone on your friends list as well as chat with folks. It's pretty much meh IMHO but at $40, your basically only paying $10 for it. Also High Voltage's game will use it. It's pretty poorly supported still however for what it costs and why Excitebots didn't make use of it is something I'll not understand. Balance Board, Wii Wheel and Wii Zapper have 80% more support and two of those three are plastic shells.[/quote]

I see, thanks for the info. Still on the fence about it (don't really wanna support Nintendo's lazy re-hashes) but something about it just tempts me.:bomb:

[quote name='kazunori']I see, thanks for the info. Still on the fence about it (don't really wanna support Nintendo's lazy re-hashes) but something about it just tempts me.:bomb:[/quote]

If it helps, Nintendo DOES seem to support it by creating and sending out bonus items all the time to folks. I got a Pikmen Red hat from them and a bunch of other stuff, but the coolest thing I've had them send was a DSi love-seat less then 24 hours after the US's DSi launch.

If you don't want to touch Wii Speak, $30 is likely the best price point your going to see for it for a while. It does help if you have others to visit your town or such, your animals will travel and bring back things.

I love Nintendo, but I agree on the re-hash part. Still, I only paid $40 it on Black Friday and haven't maxed out my house yet, so..i've gotten my money worth.

Nice to see that it's back in stock. I got the bundle the last time around, but I haven't opened it yet. Reading up on the deserting effect just for going around your town is making me shun this game. On the plus side, no more animal neighbor pics for me to obsess over (which I got all of them for the DS)

[quote name='Sixtail']If it helps, Nintendo DOES seem to support it by creating and sending out bonus items all the time to folks. I got a Pikmen Red hat from them and a bunch of other stuff, but the coolest thing I've had them send was a DSi love-seat less then 24 hours after the US's DSi launch.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks again. Think I'll bite afterall. :)

Just hope my Wii can play it without any complications cause I installed the Homebrew Channel thing to play Tatsunoko vs Capcom, which is about the only game I've played on the Wii in the last six months at least.

[quote name='Teeheehee']Nice to see that it's back in stock. I got the bundle the last time around, but I haven't opened it yet. Reading up on the deserting effect just for going around your town is making me shun this game. On the plus side, no more animal neighbor pics for me to obsess over (which I got all of them for the DS)[/quote]

What is this deserting effect? I've never run into it yet.

Not seen it posted anywhere else so far, so I thought I'd add. It's now $39.99 on Amazon as well, so it's probably a universal price drop.

bread's done
Back