animated .gif avatars

n11n12

CAGiversary!
Originally my avatar was going to be the Hitler head explosion from the NES Bionic Commando. This one)
hitlerex.gif

So I save it as such, post a question in the CagBag, and go back an hour later to change the wording of my post, and sure enough, it's just Hitler's face staring back at me, not exploding at all, sending a completely wrong message. Luckily I changed it before I recieved any threatening messages or mod action (although exploding heads might have the same results).

Is this something that might be changed later with the new updates or did I just do something wrong (uploading it from my hard drive)?

it's too big dimensions. I think it's 80x80 max

we need a sticky topic for this, cause there are quite a few topics like this

101x101 max and it says it when you're uploading the avatar if you'd read.

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 101 by 101 pixels or 20.5 KB (whichever is smaller). "

I just uploaded an 80x80 .gif and it wasn't being animated either, just stuck on the first frame. It might be a VB bug, as the same thing happens on another forum I go to.

EDIT: And what's up with it not supporting transparency in images?

Strangely it reduces images just fine, but...

...eh screw it. Who cares? It IS the freakin' internet after all.

I'll just stick with the creepy Salad Fingers kid.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I just uploaded an 80x80 .gif and it wasn't being animated either, just stuck on the first frame. It might be a VB bug, as the same thing happens on another forum I go to.

EDIT: And what's up with it not supporting transparency in images?[/QUOTE]
Uh, it does.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Uh, it does.[/QUOTE]
I can't get it to work. I had to just color the back of my avatar to the color of the forums.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Use PNG format. Works fine.[/QUOTE]

I always use PNG. But no, it still didn't work. I'll try again. Maybe I'm just dumb.

bread's done
Back