Anime: 50% off Crunchyroll membership

Rage Goblin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this deal goes here or where, but...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/deals - 12 month membership for $50.

I've been a huge fan of CR since discovering it a year or so ago. Huge library of instant-watch HD anime with no ads (for paid members), plus new episodes get added the same day they air in Japan.

I really can't recommend it enough.

I second this deal. This is the third year in a row I've bought this deal. Great amount of anime and k-Dramas... Sooooo much to watch O_O

I'm new to CR. What does premium membership offer you that you can't get for free? I saw:
-no ads
-hd

Is there anything else? Like are there episodes you can only get with premium?

[quote name='lilman']I'm new to CR. What does premium membership offer you that you can't get for free? I saw:
-no ads
-hd

Is there anything else? Like are there episodes you can only get with premium?[/QUOTE]
two series on the website that you can only watch as a premium member are kimi ni todoke and fairy tail. There are a few other but i don't remembe there names at the moment.

Can't you watch every episodes for free anyway. The only commercials I get are the beginning of the episodes.

I tried out the PS3 app just last night and was fairly impressed. Does anyone know how much content is also available for viewing on the PS3, is it limited, or everything that they're currently offering online?

[quote name='Slermy']I tried out the PS3 app just last night and was fairly impressed. Does anyone know how much content is also available for viewing on the PS3, is it limited, or everything that they're currently offering online?[/QUOTE]
every show that is online can be viewed on your ps3.

[quote name='lilman']I'm new to CR. What does premium membership offer you that you can't get for free? I saw:
-no ads
-hd

Is there anything else? Like are there episodes you can only get with premium?[/QUOTE]

For shows currently airing in Japan, you get them the day they air as opposed to a week or two later. Primarily, no ads and HD are the big things. They stream in full 1080p; it's great.

Man if your only into the more known and popular anime just get hulu for $8 a month. You still get the anime a day after its released due to subs and you get to check out previous episodes.

[quote name='dios']Im assuming the episodes that show up that just aired the day of in japan, aren't subbed?[/QUOTE]

Nope, fully subtitled.

As for Hulu... I can't stand when there's ads in something I'm paying to watch. F that.

[quote name='zeke222']every show that is online can be viewed on your ps3.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the info!

[quote name='Rage Goblin']Nope, fully subtitled.

As for Hulu... I can't stand when there's ads in something I'm paying to watch. F that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah im not gonna lie that shit does bother me, but Im pretty cheap and a main reason that I keep hulu is for naruto, and one piece. I remember when youtube wasn't so strict I would watch episodes through there, but now everythings changed.:cry:

[quote name='zeke222']every show that is online can be viewed on your ps3.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I was trying to watch Btooom! on the Ps3 but I couldn't find it.

[quote name='Rage Goblin']Nope, fully subtitled.

As for Hulu... I can't stand when there's ads in something I'm paying to watch. F that.[/QUOTE]

Do you know who does the subbing? Crunchyroll staff? Or do the anime companies in japan know that crunchyroll airs this almost instantly after its aired in japan so they prepare official subs for it themselves?

Basically, whos responsible for the subs and what quality are they?

Also yeah the hell with hulu, i like older anime as opposed to newer ones, like the original bubblegum crisis,project A-ko, lodoss war, stuff like that, but I tried a free trial of it on my xbox and not only did I still get ads for what was a trial for their paid for service, but I got notices saying "oh we have bubblegum crisis, but you cant watch it on hulu xbox, go to hulu.com plz." Screw that.

[quote name='dios']Do you know who does the subbing? Crunchyroll staff? Or do the anime companies in japan know that crunchyroll airs this almost instantly after its aired in japan so they prepare official subs for it themselves?

Basically, whos responsible for the subs and what quality are they?[/QUOTE]

CR staff get the scripts in advance which allows them to translate the shows before they air. The people in charge of the scripts are generally contracted workers who gained translation/other experience from fan-translated work - most notably, fansubs.

The subs are decent, B-tier work, but you're not going to get good typesetting or any karaoke at all, so depending on the show you may wish to look to other sources for those aspects (in some shows typesetting can be pretty important).

Is crunchyroll always this buggy? I signed up for the free 2 week premium to see how I like crunchyroll before I decide tonight to purchase a year of it since its on cyber monday sale.

I noticed BTOOM (or whatever is called) is fairly new and was available to watch, now I cant find it. Doesn't show up in anime shows.

I was browsing on crunchyrolls site and noticed they have the new queens blade anime. But I was browsing what anime is available on the ps3 app under alphabetical order and nothing under Q showed up. I looked it up in the app using the search feature and found no matches for queens blade.

I went on crunchyroll.com, searched for it, found it and added it to my queue. It did pop up finally on the ps3 app in my queue, but when I try to browse episodes I get a "unable to retrieve data" message.

Is it always this finicky or am I just unlucky right now?

Edit : Also apparently I watched one episode of queens blade on crunchyrolls website before I began my trial. I can't browse episodes on my ps3 due to me getting that error, but when I view my history it shows I watched episode 1. When I try to view it on my ps3, it hard crashes.

Never tried the PS3 app, or the shows you mention.

I've never had trouble streaming anything from the site, though.

That's no help, I know. Sorry!

bread's done
Back