Anime "Claymore" on Sale at AMAZON

It's been that price for a long time. And didn't somebody make a thread for anime on Blu-ray already? The amount of individual threads for this stuff is getting out of hand.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's been that price for a long time. And didn't somebody make a thread for anime on Blu-ray already? The amount of individual threads for this stuff is getting out of hand.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. I think Claymore might be on it already. I need to update it and bump it.

That's the price I got when I pre-ordered it months ago. That being said, the English voice acting isn't bad. Raki is a whiner in any language.

[quote name='bigl523']Is this one of those crappy upscaled blu-rays?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's an upscale. The show was never produced in HD.

Season 2? I hope it cleanses my memory of the mess made S1 midway - end. So much potential spiraling into the toilet bowl vortex.

[quote name='DarkSageRK'](and there's gonna be a season 2 anyway)[/QUOTE]

Not true - there's been absolutely no word regarding a second season of Claymore. This is wishful thinking at best.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Not true - there's been absolutely no word regarding a second season of Claymore. This is wishful thinking at best.[/QUOTE]

I discovered that information from a random comment in a Claymore AMV that I was watching at work, so I'm pretty fucking sure there'll be a season 2.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I discovered that information from a random comment in a Claymore AMV that I was watching at work, so I'm pretty fucking sure there'll be a season 2.[/QUOTE]
While I would like a Claymore S2 (despite the craptastic ending of the anime), there has been nothing announced.

Usually if a anime series ends very differently compared to the story in the manga, they are not going to make a sequel to it. Most if not all the info about a sequel in the works are just rumors.

If they do actually make a sequel, there isn't enough material in the manga currently to make another series. The most they can probably make right now is a 13 ep. series at best.

It is a great series if you don't count the ending. Even though I watched the whole anime series and read the manga to the most current issue, I still bought it on blu-ray and all the manga that is out because that is how much I like the series. Watching or reading it on the PC, doesn't do the series justice quality wise.

Based on where the manga has gone directionally, I'm not sure how they would work a season 2 into it. It would just be too inconsistent with the manga story. The manga story is better, although right now it's a bit odd. I'm wondering if ending it as they did wasn't infact a positive for the series.

Only watched the anime and the ending does suck. I am hoping for a season 2. Even if it is in the anime only.

So far the blu looks to not be so bad for it being a upscale. I personally think it's slightly better then the dvd upscale, but I'm enjoying it.

[quote name='phantasyx']season 2 = episodes 14-26 so you must mean season 3[/QUOTE]

A "season" does not necessarily mean only 13 episodes. Claymore had one season of 26 episodes, and there is no plan for more. Reading comprehension - use it.

bread's done
Back