Anime e-Bay Stores Help

nintendolink007

CAGiversary!
I've a e-bay shopper for many years and for 2 years now, i'm also a seller. I have bought random stuff, really mostly video games and vhs movies. Now i heard alot of stories of anime bootlegs floating around. Hopefully i'm not impossing this and it fits well in this forum but out of your experiences, is there any Stores on eBay that sell legit anime dvds or dvds in general?

I am wondering if this store http://stores.ebay.com/Sysqsystems is legit and tips on how to avoid getting suckered into bootlegs.

if it says X disc Import then its fake

if the set is in a cardboard foldout its a fake

if its in a cheapy multidisc case then its a fake

the anime is 24 - 26ep and its on 3 discs then its a fake

there is much more but one thing is the price....if its rly rly cheap then its usually a fake (ie $20 for complte Cowboy Bebop set)

[quote name='refusedchaos']if it says X disc Import then its fake

if the set is in a cardboard foldout its a fake

if its in a cheapy multidisc case then its a fake

the anime is 24 - 26ep and its on 3 discs then its a fake

there is much more but one thing is the price....if its rly rly cheap then its usually a fake (ie $20 for complte Cowboy Bebop set)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true, but I don't agree with the last statement. If it's decidedly not fake and cheap, you should buy it. If it turns out to be fake, you could always report it and get your money back. I've had to do it.

Also, if it's a "Region 0" or "All Region", then it is fake.

The only one of those that's true is 26 eps on 3 discs = fake. There are plenty of legit imports, region 0s and digipacks. Though most of those you find on Ebay are indeed fake - just not always. Inuyasha and the new GTO sets are digipacks, for example.

Having Chinese and English subtitles also usually means fake.

That seller is legit if the info he gives is correct (I mean info about the discs, not that he told me he's legit)

bread's done
Back