Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my ai aoi aoshi complete set today and its the original geneon collection. It had 8 volumes all rubberbanded together. Some of the volumes still had geneon surveys in them. Gonna play them a little later to see if the disk play properly.
Oh, did it note that the art boxes weren't included?

I got my ai aoi aoshi complete set today and its the original geneon collection. It had 8 volumes all rubberbanded together. Some of the volumes still had geneon surveys in them. Gonna play them a little later to see if the disk play properly.
Glad you didn't get a bootleg. I bought the Anime Classic version that Funimation did.

Shame Aniplex is the one releasing Silver Spoon I wanted to  pick it up but not dvd only for $60.  Hopefully the UK version will be blu ray.   Picked up The Devil is a Part Timer LE for $34 from DD which is the cheapest I've seen.

I got Cat Planet Cuties LE from Hastings for about $20. The only thing "used" about it was that the shrink wrap was partially torn. The back cover was still on the plastic and it still had that blue bar insert.

Bah, everyone is finding cheap Cat Planet Cuties LEs except me -_-
i bought mine awhile back at best buy and it was labeled $17.99 new on the shrink wrap, so i thought why not. i got up to the register and it rung up $45 and the girl changed the price for me, so i did get it for $17.99

Aw, boo. I checked this thread too late and missed out on Hataraku Maou-sama for $34. Meh... Guess I'll just wait for the inevitable FUNimation sale over at TRSI. I haven't ordered anything from DeepDiscount in eons. Granted that the last time I did order with them, they actually shipped the right item and on-time, it surprises me that they are still around.

What extras does the LE have? I'm debating looking for the LE if there is a good reason or just picking up the save version.
Besides being housed in the slipbox none that I know of. All the extras should be ported over to the S.A.V.E. edtion.

I got Cat Planet Cuties LE from Hastings for about $20. The only thing "used" about it was that the shrink wrap was partially torn. The back cover was still on the plastic and it still had that blue bar insert.
that's still about $10-$15 more then I would want to pay for that show >.>;

in other news... I am still really sad I missed out on Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne a while back :(

Just ordered Shin Chan Season 1, Sgt. Frog Season 1 and the Armitage Movie Collection. 

Big fan of Shin Chan, but never seen any of the Armitage OVAs or films. I like that style of animation though. As for Sgt. Frog, that's another blind buy, but it looks ridiculous enough to be fun. Plus, the clip I watched looks great. Any show that has a character repeating "Kero, kero, kero" over and over is worth buying. 

Just ordered Shin Chan Season 1, Sgt. Frog Season 1 and the Armitage Movie Collection.

Big fan of Shin Chan, but never seen any of the Armitage OVAs or films. I like that style of animation though. As for Sgt. Frog, that's another blind buy, but it looks ridiculous enough to be fun. Plus, the clip I watched looks great. Any show that has a character repeating "Kero, kero, kero" over and over is worth buying.
I never watched Keroro Gunsou, but I read the first few volumes of the manga. It's pretty good. But the target audience is pretty young, so...

I love his gunpla addiction.

Should I just bite the bullet and pre-order the new Sailor Moon Blu-Ray off RightStuf for $57 right now? Every single anime fan I've talked to says that this is an insane deal and it won't ever get any cheaper for the LE, but since it IS one of the Big Four of anime in the US, I've been holding out hope for Amazon or maybe even Wal-Mart to have it in the $40-$50 range, thinking maybe the potential volume of sales from casual fans might prompt a lower price than most other anime releases. Am I dreaming?

Should I just bite the bullet and pre-order the new Sailor Moon Blu-Ray off RightStuf for $57 right now? Every single anime fan I've talked to says that this is an insane deal and it won't ever get any cheaper for the LE, but since it IS one of the Big Four of anime in the US, I've been holding out hope for Amazon or maybe even Wal-Mart to have it in the $40-$50 range, thinking maybe the potential volume of sales from casual fans might prompt a lower price than most other anime releases. Am I dreaming?
I would bite the bullet. The coin on Rightstuff is probably going to be worth more than the couple dollars of potential savings you might (or probably won't) see.

And stupid Deepdiscount and their single use code. I forgot about MM! in my order (which I sold the dvds of). Oh well, it'll be on sale again.

Really? I didn't know that. Was it Funi? I can't wait for a Blu-ray release. Hands down one of my fav anime of all time.
Funi rescued it. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/funimation-adds-cowboy-bebop-escaflowne-outlaw-star-more

Here's the list of their rescues so far.

Cowboy Bebop

Outlaw Star
Escaflowne: The Movie
The Vision of Escaflowne
My-HiME
My-Otome
My-Otome 0~S.ifr~
My-Otome Zwei
Tales of the Abyss
Witch Hunter Robin
Code Geass
Angel Links
Crest of the Stars
Banner of the Stars
Banner of the Stars II
Passage of the Stars - Birth

Come to think of it, have we heard anything about any of the Bandai license rescues recently?  It's been a year since they went under, and almost a year since the rescues were announced.

Though honestly, the only thing I'm interested in is what will get a blu ray release, and sadly I don't think Overman King Gainer even has one.  A cursory glance reveals an Outlaw Star blu ray release is scheduled for Japan in October of this year, but I can't imagine Funimation's interest being kept long enough to release it here in 2015.

Come to think of it, have we heard anything about any of the Bandai license rescues recently? It's been a year since they went under, and almost a year since the rescues were announced.

Though honestly, the only thing I'm interested in is what will get a blu ray release, and sadly I don't think Overman King Gainer even has one. A cursory glance reveals an Outlaw Star blu ray release is scheduled for Japan in October of this year, but I can't imagine Funimation's interest being kept long enough to release it here in 2015.
The only one I heard of recently was Sentai planning to release K-On s1 on BD/DVD sometime in the future.

Sucks that nobody are rescuing any of bandai's kadokawa anime. I'd want haruhi and lucky star on bluray at an US price. I'd also want nichijou and gosick... I'd also want the girl who leapt through time.

I'm glad that Funimation and Sentai rescued the sunrise titles. I want cowboy bebop

FUNi gave Suncoast trailers to Bebop and Outlaw Star, so they're still going ahead.

Meanwhile, I just scored Baka & Test S2 LE and Eva 2.22 (with slip) at FYE.

Should I just bite the bullet and pre-order the new Sailor Moon Blu-Ray off RightStuf for $57 right now?
I'm in the same boat, debating if this is worth a purchase. And I'm curious, is this a new dub or the original English dub that used to air on TV? Honestly, for nostalgic reasons, I'd prefer to have old dub -- though ideally, it would be great if the set had both the old and a new one.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS_uDeu_3SQ&list=UUV1da9peoqEwqr45bpTJsbQ[/media]

Sailor Moon New Dub Clip. 

Usagi is voiced by Stephanie Sheh (Orihime Inoue) and Luna is voiced by Michelle Ruff (Rukia Kuchiki)

Usagi is voiced by Stephanie Sheh (Orihime Inoue) and Luna is voiced by Michelle Ruff (Rukia Kuchiki)
Thanks for posting that clip, it's wild how different they sound with the new voice actors, especially Luna. It changes the tone drastically, since Usagi/Luna's voices were so often exaggerated in the original English dub.

It's a brand new dub,pretty sure the old one isn't include.
It's too bad, I was holding onto a glimmer of hope that they would emulate the latest Akira bluray release and include both dubs. Though I know that's extremely rare for a company to do that.

Yea, the old dub had several time edits, outright skipped episodes, merged other episodes together, had several visual edits, plus all the CGI glitter thrown in.

In order to include the old dub, the discs would have to be flipper discs a la Ronin Warriors.

I actually rewatched a few discs of the old dub, and yea, it does NOT hold up. The voices themselves are mostly fine, but the script and editing are awful.

FUNi gave Suncoast trailers to Bebop and Outlaw Star, so they're still going ahead.

Meanwhile, I just scored Baka & Test S2 LE and Eva 2.22 (with slip) at FYE.
wow eva 2.22 with slip. i just bought one with slip blu ray mind you on amazon for 21 bucks. it's brand new and shipped today. should get here by saturday if anything. hopefully the seller isn't lying because i'll make a big stink with amazon just like when i got duped into a bootleg of death note marked as volume 2. amazon is even being affected by bootlegers now smh

The dub called them cousins, but the production staff kind of rebelled against that by not editing any of the footage, even in the TV airings, to make it even more ridiculous.

EDIT: Just got an email from those guys that mispriced Gundam 00 S1 again asking me for positive feedback.

How about I actually get the damn thing in first before leaving feedback?

I figure someone in this thread will know so I will ask here, if it's a problem let me know and I'll delete this post.

Bandai made a Sailor Moon perfume for Japan for the new series, it release November 2014. Is there any site that you guys know of that I could order this?

I would love to have this on my shelf, heck and if it smells good I'll wear it :)

Also, when are we going to be able to buy this on DVD? Thanks :D

Nice, From the New World 2 shipped for me today :) I have heard good things and have been holding off on streaming it since I heard the BD changes were well done. 

duped by amazon. bought 1.11 of eva and thought it was the two disc blu ray with pull out as advertised. not even close. no guidebook. one disc. paint missing from the slipcover. now have to search high and low for the blu ray. all i see on ebay is the dvd editon but i just ordered 2.22 on blu ray with the orange slip from another seller. it'll look awkward but i guess i'll have to do with it. fuck amazon. they put out a pic and can't live up to it. damnit 

Sucks that nobody are rescuing any of bandai's kadokawa anime. I'd want haruhi and lucky star on bluray at an US price. I'd also want nichijou and gosick... I'd also want the girl who leapt through time.

I'm glad that Funimation and Sentai rescued the sunrise titles. I want cowboy bebop
Aw man, Nichijou... We're never going to see that, huh? I can't believe that license got canned. I think Haruhi on Blu won't be happening either. A lot of fans it seems have moved on from Haruhi. I don't even think the series was concluded if I'm not mistaken. To think that at one time it was the dominant force in the industry.

I figure someone in this thread will know so I will ask here, if it's a problem let me know and I'll delete this post.

Bandai made a Sailor Moon perfume for Japan for the new series, it release November 2014. Is there any site that you guys know of that I could order this?

I would love to have this on my shelf, heck and if it smells good I'll wear it :)

Also, when are we going to be able to buy this on DVD? Thanks :D
I checked all of the sites I know that would possibly carry stuff like this, but none of them had any listings. The only thing I was able to find were eBay preorders for around $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121385627564?lpid=82

Aw man, Nichijou... We're never going to see that, huh? I can't believe that license got canned. I think Haruhi on Blu won't be happening either. A lot of fans it seems have moved on from Haruhi. I don't even think the series was concluded if I'm not mistaken. To think that at one time it was the dominant force in the industry.
Blame Kyoto Animation for trolling their audience with Endless Eight.

bread's done
Back