Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Blu Ray has some exclusive features that don't appear on the DVD's (biggest reason I want those DBZ sets), I'll buy it. Otherwise, I stay with DVD all of the time (even when traveling).  

Oh, and let's not forget Blu Rays always needing updates via the internet. I have a portable Blu Ray player but the software to play them is upwards of $80 for a 1-2 year subscription.

If the Blu Ray has some exclusive features that don't appear on the DVD's (biggest reason I want those DBZ sets), I'll buy it. Otherwise, I stay with DVD all of the time (even when traveling).

Oh, and let's not forget Blu Rays always needing updates via the internet. I have a portable Blu Ray player but the software to play them is upwards of $80 for a 1-2 year subscription.
I have never had to update my player to be able to use it. That is a very poor uninformed misconception.
Also for the most part blu ray's now have special features that you won't find on the DVD's.
Let alone if you follow and track the prices of movies you'll see that DVD's cost the same amount as a blu ray combo pack.
I can understand using DVD's when traveling. As I have have a DVD player in my car. But why would you want inferior quality at home?
I mean I can even tell the difference between HD streaming versus a blu ray. Blu ray always looks better.

While I have never had to update my Blu-ray player, I will say that most anime releases do not have Blu-ray exclusive releases (I mean non-Limited/Premium/Special editions). FUNimation had some Blu-ray exclusive extras when they first started doing combo packs and LEs, but nowadays they just put it on a separate disc.

I have a Nanoha and Nanoha A's set that I bought when it was first released, but I couldn't get past episode 6, because the show made me unconmfortable (mostly the nudity)

Still holding off Fairy Tail Collection 3 (Part 5 & 6) Fairy Tail Collection 4 (Part 7 & 8) Fairy Tail Collection 5 (Part 9 & 10)
so it is coming eventually i assume. because i'm still debating whether to go for the parts or the collections since its still vague as to whether or not they'll do the collections or remain with the parts.

so it is coming eventually i assume. because i'm still debating whether to go for the parts or the collections since its still vague as to whether or not they'll do the collections or remain with the parts.
if you are going strictly by announcements I can see how it could be vague....

but it's funimation...

they will do collections... and then they will do rereleases of the collections(classic version)... and then likely another rerelease of the collections (down to SAVE status)... and heck there is even a small chance they will do a collection of collections (not all in one but collections 1+2 and what not)

Funimation October slate

A Certain Magical Index II, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 10/14/14

BAYONETTA: Bloody Fate (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 90 minutes - $34.98 - 10/21/14

Black Butler: Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Anime Classics) - 450 minutes - $39.98 - 10/14/14

Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 Collection (Blu-ray) - 825 minutes - $44.98 - 10/28/14

Fairy Tail, Part 12 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 275 minutes - $54.98 - 10/28/14

Fairy Tail, Part 13 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 275 minutes - $54.98 - 10/28/14

Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 114 minutes - $39.98 - 10/21/14

Hellsing Ultimate, Vol.9 & 10 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 112 minutes - $44.98 - 10/28/14

One Piece: Collection 10 (DVD)- 575 minutes - $34.98 - 10/28/14
(Amazon early exclusive September 23)

Princess Jellyfish: Complete Collection (DVD) (S.A.V.E. Edition) - 275 minutes - $29.98 - 10/14/14

Thanks to WTK & madlost1 @ br.com

Saw in Facebook that there is a 30 Day Free trial to Crunchyroll that ends on August 30.
Was there a link for this? I tried to find it on FB but all that pops up is the stupid video player.

On the subject of the Fairy Tail Collections, the last one that came out was around one year ago today (Collection 2 aka Part 3/4) and it was when Fairy Tail sales were supposedly low. My only guess is that the series suddenly got a boost in popularity since then because the parts have been the only versions available since last year. And yes, that means Fairy Tail has had six releases (Parts 5-11) in just a year.

I've abandoned all hope for the collections although a collection 3 should have hit by now. I'm guessing Funi is just trying to maximize the profit from the part sets. Not to mention that the second series has FT in the limelight again.

On the subject of the Fairy Tail Collections, the last one that came out was around one year ago today (Collection 2 aka Part 3/4) and it was when Fairy Tail sales were supposedly low. My only guess is that the series suddenly got a boost in popularity since then because the parts have been the only versions available since last year. And yes, that means Fairy Tail has had six releases (Parts 5-11) in just a year.

I've abandoned all hope for the collections although a collection 3 should have hit by now. I'm guessing Funi is just trying to maximize the profit from the part sets. Not to mention that the second series has FT in the limelight again.
I think they will send me out eventually it'll just be awhile both for sales and more content to come out.
I remember that loooong wait when I picked up one piece collections 1 a 8 a while back and saw it had been a while since they were last released.

GoHastings is running another 25% off Used sale.

As I have said before, if you just want to browse anime, do a search for Complete Collection or Complete Series.

Still no info on Evangelion 3.33's release date?
no but i do have a preorder. many have been speculating the end of summer which would be fantastic or holidays 2014. either way it is tba 2014 as of right now and was delayed on account of some audio issues and the fact that funi wants to make as much money as possible with the theatrical release

I'm planning on preordering.   Was curious if there was any new info.  I might go with gohastings.  They have it at $20 and they have a free shipping code for preorders. 

I'm hoping they hurry up with its release.  I doubt the theaters here will get it. :whistle2:(

I'm planning on preordering. Was curious if there was any new info. I might go with gohastings. They have it at $20 and they have a free shipping code for preorders.

I'm hoping they hurry up with its release. I doubt the theaters here will get it. :whistle2:(
If you're going to preorder it gohastings with the coupon is the way to go, cheapest ive seen it by a few bucks. Im keeping my money until I see an actual date lol

I'm planning on preordering. Was curious if there was any new info. I might go with gohastings. They have it at $20 and they have a free shipping code for preorders.

I'm hoping they hurry up with its release. I doubt the theaters here will get it. :whistle2:(
i went with amazon since they are advertising the limited edition that comes with an artbook. i don't know if gohasting is offering that. its 34 even from amazon with my prime. i want that limited edition artbook and blue slip since it'll be shortly oop just like 1.11 foil box and 2.22 orange slip. if i don't get that on release worst case scenario i make a complaint with amazon and get my money back and look to other avenues.

If you're going to preorder it gohastings with the coupon is the way to go, cheapest ive seen it by a few bucks. Im keeping my money until I see an actual date lol
I preordered regardless, it's not like its coming any time soon

I'm on my wiiu, so I'm keeping this short and simple.  In case $25 new isn't cheap enough (shame on you, btw :) ) Amazon's Warehouse has used copies of Fairy Tail collection one and two for $20 Each.

i went with amazon since they are advertising the limited edition that comes with an artbook. i don't know if gohasting is offering that. its 34 even from amazon with my prime. i want that limited edition artbook and blue slip since it'll be shortly oop just like 1.11 foil box and 2.22 orange slip. if i don't get that on release worst case scenario i make a complaint with amazon and get my money back and look to other avenues.

I preordered regardless, it's not like its coming any time soon
The slip may become oop but it will take quite a bit after the release for it to be so in all locations (if 1.11 and 2.22 are anything to go by). And I believe they all come with the 52 page artbook...gohastings doesn't have anything written on their website regarding it but rightstuf does at $26. I doubt there is a third limited edition besides the blu ray combo and dvd editions. Of course, I could be wrong.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=fun09888

I'm on my wiiu, so I'm keeping this short and simple. In case $25 new isn't cheap enough (shame on you, btw :) ) Amazon's Warehouse has used copies of Fairy Tail collection one and two for $20 Each.
Only seeing Collection 1 right now.

But gotta be careful when it comes to AWD listings though. I've gotten sets like the Viridian collection of Solty Rei from them that mention "repackaged". Which turned out to be them swapping out the 2 2-disc thinpak cases, putting them in a standard 4-disc DVD case, shoving both thinpak inserts into that case and taping that DVD case to the holder for the thinpaks.

They also list stuff wrong from time to time. So you might think you're getting Collection 1, but are actually getting Part 1 instead.

The slip may become oop but it will take quite a bit after the release for it to be so in all locations (if 1.11 and 2.22 are anything to go by). And I believe they all come with the 52 page artbook...gohastings doesn't have anything written on their website regarding it but rightstuf does at $26. I doubt there is a third limited edition besides the blu ray combo and dvd editions. Of course, I could be wrong.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=fun09888
debating on whether or not i should cancel my preorder on amazon. 30 bucks with shipping from righstuf or 34 with prime from amazon.

It'll take quite a while for the blue print to go oop but I want to ensure I have my copy and perhaps another copy to sell shortly after. I believe the artbook is like the orange slip, foil box and everything in between in that it is limited for the first 100k units and after that you'll just get eva 3.33 in the blue slip so it may be worth pre ordering if you're a huge eva nerd like myself.

in regards to the third limited edition, i heavily doubt there will be a third. it's just the two that exist currently for preorder.

But gotta be careful when it comes to AWD listings though. I've gotten sets like the Viridian collection of Solty Rei from them that mention "repackaged". Which turned out to be them swapping out the 2 2-disc thinpak cases, putting them in a standard 4-disc DVD case, shoving both thinpak inserts into that case and taping that DVD case to the holder for the thinpaks.

They also list stuff wrong from time to time. So you might think you're getting Collection 1, but are actually getting Part 1 instead.
repackaged usually means what it implies and that is a complete overall of the anime into a new package or in worse situations an entirely different product lol.

Anyone know if Aniplex is planning on doing a complete collection release of Sword Art Online or if they are just sticking with the four limited edition versions?

Anyone know if Aniplex is planning on doing a complete collection release of Sword Art Online or if they are just sticking with the four limited edition versions?
No word yet, but odds are extremely low. This is Aniplex we're talking about. We'll see a LE release of SAO2 before a full set of the first series is ever out.

No, it's the same. Not sure why Amazon says the booklet is 54 pages and TRSI says 52, but it's the same book.

BTW, got mine on pre-order from RightStuf for $21. :)
I have it pre ordered at TRSI too but I think it's for $18.99 if im not mistaken. I pre ordered it when it was first available to pre order amd they were running a funimation sale so my GA discount stacked :)

Oddly enough, AWD on the wiiu browser doesn't show you the description under the item condition. If I had known they were repackaged, I'd have never mentioned them. Disc-only sets would have to be very cheap in order for me to buy them (like $3-5 cheap).

Regardless of what site we preorder off we all are super excited to own Eva 3.33. The limited artbook makes the wait seem forever since it has tons of conecpt art and cool things and the guidebook with shinji and kuwuro is so cool looking. rumor has it we'll get it by the end of the summer and another rumor says the winter to coincide with 4.44 releasing. spike better finish dubbing it already 

So apparently I picked up Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Limited Edition on ebay for 65 shipped. 

Looks like Amazon is now taking pre-orders for Sailor Moon LE set 1 (though no coin) for $55.99 and eligible for prime. Not bad if you do not care about the coin but w/ tax it is the same as RS for me.

Looks like Amazon is now taking pre-orders for Sailor Moon LE set 1 (though no coin) for $55.99 and eligible for prime. Not bad if you do not care about the coin but w/ tax it is the same as RS for me.
Also not bad if you have too much Amazon credit, like me. Hmm... :whistle2:k

EDIT: Here's the listing for those who want a direct link.

bread's done
Back