Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed both Fate/SN and Fate/KLPI. Haven't seen the others in the list.

Btw, you don't need to reach $34 to get free shipping. I was able to get free (ultra saver / super slow) shipping just buying the two I listed, and total was $15.98. Estimated arrival isn't until Dec 29 though. Fortunately these are for me and not a holiday gift ^^;
Can anyone recommend any of these?
I saw Toyko Magnitude 8.0 and I really enjoyed it. It's about earthquake so it's a emotional and sad type show . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLxHuH9m630 And I was able to order just this one for free shipping.

Has anyone seen Glass Maiden?

idk about fate/klpi. it's an alternate storyline and shojo and the trailer didn't hook me
Fate/KLPI is well worth $8. Enjoyable alternate storyline with familiar references, funny dialogue, good art and fight scenes, and a dash of Madoka feel.

Went to FYE because of the 20% off entire purchase email. They've had a Princess Jellyfish LE there for a while, so I decided to bite the bullet and get it for 69.99+the 20% off since it's hard to find it for low. 

Unwittingly it was on sale for 34.99. so $28 with coupon.

If anyone knows a local FYE that still has it, check it and see if it's on sale too.

I saw Toyko Magnitude 8.0 and I really enjoyed it. It's about earthquake so it's a emotional and sad type show. I highly recommend. And I was able to order just this one for free shipping.

Has anyone seen Glass Maiden?
I second Toyko Magnitude 8.0. It is emotional though, especially if you have siblings.

I think it's been asked before, but can anyone recommend a good app to scan and track my anime and video game collection?
Since I was unemployed I took a pic of all of my stuff in my collection and slowly typed it all into a notepad file. Then I sorted them out in a alphabetizer online and inserted them to excel then to Google Drive. It's a bit of lengthy process but I managed to make it work. I've seen some good apps but I'm too much of a cheapass to invest in one.

Speaking of which, I need to update my stuff now. You can PM me if you want to peek at my list or want any help/more advice in doing it yourself.

Wave 6 is up.

I suggest Wolf Children blu ray personally.

Quantity Updates,

Waves 1-3

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $3.99*(87% Off) - Listing deactivated

Papuwa DVD Box Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - 4 Left

Special A (S.A) DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $12.99*(78% Off) - In stock

Xam'd DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 1 (Hyb) Special Edition [/SIZE]Retail: $54.97Your Price: $27.49*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

Blood Lad DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]K DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Limited Editionhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/782009242956&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Sp... Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]Kobato DVD Collection 1 (S)http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/sfkb100&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $49.98Your Price: $7.99*(84% Off) - In Stock

Blade of the Phantom Master (Shin Angyo Onshi) DVD (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $2.29*(91% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]Get Backers Complete Series DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) - Listing deactivated[/SIZE]

Azumanga Daioh Lithograph Retail: $49.99Your Price: $19.99*(60% Off) - 75 Left

Golgo 13 DVD Collection 3 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - In Stock

Day 1

Cosplay Complex/My Dear Marie DVD Double Pack (Hyb) Retail: $19.98Your Price: $6.99*(65% Off) - 14 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $8.99*(78% Off) - 1 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $9.99*(75% Off) - 21 Left

Emma Season 2 Box Set Retail: $49.99Your Price: $14.99*(70% Off) - 61 Left

Hello Kitty & Friends: Holiday Fun Box DVD (D) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $9.99*(67% Off) - 57 Left

Kaleido Star: New Wings DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - Listing deactivated

Kekkaishi DVD Set 1 (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $11.24*(55% Off) - 3 Left

Mayo Chiki! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - In Stock

Excel Saga Plush: Menchi Rug Retail: $9.99Your Price: $2.99*(70% Off) - 0 Left

Najica Blitz Tactics DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $12.99*(68% Off) - 1 Left

Naruto: Shippuden Movie 4 DVD: The Lost T Retail: $19.98Your Price: $8.99*(55% Off) - 60 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 1 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 81 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 2 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 78 Left

Nyan Koi! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - In Stock

Professor Layton Movie 1 DVD (Hyb): Profe Retail: $9.98Your Price: $4.49*(55% Off) - 0 Left

Day 2

Evangelion, Neon Genesis Directors Cut: Resurrection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $2.99*(90% Off) - 15 Left

Gilgamesh DVD Box Set (Thinpak) Retail: $69.98Your Price: $10.99*(84% Off) - 0 Left

La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
Saint Seiya DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $6.99*(86% Off) - 0 Left
Yugo the Negotiator DVD Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $7.99*(80% Off) - 30 Left

Day 3
Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 17 Left
Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 33 Left

Day 4
Doki Doki School Hours CD Soundtrack Retail: $14.98Your Price: $ 1.99 *(87% Off) - 58 Left
Madlax DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $69.98Your Price: $14.99*(79% Off) - 24 Left
Qwaser of Stigmata DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $12.49*(75% Off) - 73 Left
Qwaser of Stigmata II DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $12.49*(75% Off) - 69 Left
Saiyuki DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $9.99*(80% Off) - 0 Left

Day 5
Girl Who Leapt Through Space, The DVD 4 (S) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $8.99*(70% Off) - 92 Left
Grrl Power DVD (Hyb)Retail: $14.98 Your Price: $3.99*(73% Off) - 7 Left
Yumeria DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $44.98Your Price: $6.99*(84% Off) - 0 Left

Day 6
Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen DVD Double Pack (Hyb) Retail: $26.98Your Price: $5.99*(78% Off) - 41 Left

so uh... I have no picks or traps today... nothing stuck out at me as a good price even on series I own. Pet girl isn't bad but it is more than I would want to pay for a sub only release.... yuyu isn't bad but it's been that price before.

ideally one of the future days has something else for me to be interested in... it would suck to go a 12 days without ordering something :p

Been waiting for Pet Girl to drop, down for both sets & Dokuro-chan, now that it's back in stock
I've spent way too much this season on anime so far...

Two quickies and I'm gonna go to bed:

1) So Naruto the Last premiered and everyone who saw it said it was really good and brought closure to everything. At the end, however, there was an announcement that Bokuro will get his own movie in August of 2015. More so, Kishimoto said next year marks the new stories in the Konoha village. Which only leads me to believe that it will either be similar to Rock Lee and Friends or in the vain of GT and a completely new story. Hoping for the former instead of the latter. The Last at least according to the interwebs basically made it so that nothing can happen afterwards. Oh and NaruSaku was never gonna happen lol

2) Finally my Bleach Sets 1-2 came in. Terrible condition. Set 2's discs are completely jacked up and won't even play. Set 1 doesn't even come with the slip box even though the description said "outer box has wear" More so the first disc doesn't stay in the booklet and is all chipped from falling out during shipping. They're the original sets so its almost like a book and the adhesive is falling out. Seller doesn't offer returns for now obvious reasons. Had to start an eBay buyer protection case. Hope I get my cash back. Those can definitely go in the trash

Is the Madoka Movie LE the lowest it has been? I wanna pick it up eventually.
I don't think it's ever been discounted before. Though I expect there to be a cheaper domestic release (with dub) in a year or two.

I like the price of yuyu on rightstuf, especially since amazon charges me tax now. I've never purchased something on rightstuf but I recently purchased a Got Anime membership through renewing my jump subscription. It does seem useless most the time...

Fry's is having another minor anime sale, like, really, really minor, but man, but I see a couple of titles I'm throwing down on, even if they are DVDs. :p

Here's the list of anime in the sale, and all of these are $7.99 each,

Towano Quon: Complete Collection [2 Discs]

Samurai Bride: Complete Collection [3 Discs]

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: Complete Collection [2 Discs]

Fate/Stay Night: TV Complete Collection [4 Discs]

Glass Maiden: Complete Collection [2 Discs]

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: Complete Collection [3 Discs]

Shigofumi: Complete Collection [2 Discs]

Loups=Garous WSE DD2

all the DBZ DVD sets are on sale too for $15.99 each.

Fry's for the holiday season is offering free shipping on $34+ orders, so just keep that in mind for those who don't have a Fry's store, but you can still order online as long as it's still available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, those are some nice prices. I've never bought from Fry's before, but I might just give it a shot.

EDIT: Picked up Fate/kaleid. Sentai released it just back in september so it's unlikely any other store will beat the price.

Anybody with an FYE or Suncoast, their in-store promo is B2G1 Free Used. You also get $10 Holiday Cash to use 1/4-1/10 for every purchase over $30.

Ended up getting Majestic Prince 1 & 2, Medaka Box, Dirty Pair Set 2 (thinpak), HAL (with slip), One Piece Collection 6, One Piece Film Z, Severing Crime Edge, Eureka Seven Collection 1 (Bandai slim), along with Baka & Test S2 LE (New) for $237.

Since I was unemployed I took a pic of all of my stuff in my collection and slowly typed it all into a notepad file. Then I sorted them out in a alphabetizer online and inserted them to excel then to Google Drive. It's a bit of lengthy process but I managed to make it work. I've seen some good apps but I'm too much of a cheapass to invest in one
Ain't nobody got fo dat!

A good phone app with barcode scanning would be awesome.

Ain't nobody got fo dat!

A good phone app with barcode scanning would be awesome.
Have you tried DVD Shelf? It does barcode scanning and grabbed data from amazon. I scanned 200 items into it. It worked okay for the most part. A few items didn't get correct data and I had to manually enter, but it worked fine for my needs.

Do you guys think there is any chance they will bundle the yu yu hakusho blus like they did previously later on in the 12 day sale? 

Do you guys think there is any chance they will bundle the yu yu hakusho blus like they did previously later on in the 12 day sale?
I think you might be confused as there hasn't been a bundle for Yu Yu Hakusho blus for at least couple of years now.

Last year they did the same thing and released the individual volumes as they did this year for the sale.

And if they were going to offer a bundle, it would have been offered along with the individual volumes they are selling now to avoid people who buy the individual volumes now, and then getting screwed by offering a bundle later.

As with most of their bundles it's usually offered on the same day of the individual volumes to avoid confusion.

In any case though, I believe the last bundle was the spirit gun bundle, but that was like 2-3 years ago.

Have you tried DVD Shelf? It does barcode scanning and grabbed data from amazon. I scanned 200 items into it. It worked okay for the most part. A few items didn't get correct data and I had to manually enter, but it worked fine for my needs.
Did a quick test of dvd shelf. Seems to work well enough. Will do more testing but thank you.

I think you might be confused as there hasn't been a bundle for Yu Yu Hakusho blus for at least couple of years now.

Last year they did the same thing and released the individual volumes as they did this year for the sale.

And if they were going to offer a bundle, it would have been offered along with the individual volumes they are selling now to avoid people who buy the individual volumes now, and then getting screwed by offering a bundle later.

As with most of their bundles it's usually offered on the same day of the individual volumes to avoid confusion.

In any case though, I believe the last bundle was the spirit gun bundle, but that was like 2-3 years ago.
You're right of course, my mistake. Going to put the order through, first thing for me from rightstuf.

You're right of course, my mistake. Going to put the order through, first thing for me from rightstuf.
No worries. There's been so many people bringing up that bundle from years ago I'm sure it is causing confusion for some people.

That being said, you will not regret the purchase. ^__^!

6 new Naruto epilogue novels announced to tie off some loose ends even though The Last did a pretty good job at doing that. Now the question remains when the anime itself will end. More so, how much longer does the English version have. At 1 episode a week it seems like years 

Go to the mail and what do I find? My RightStuf order a whole 4 days early!!!! Gonna prepare for dem feels tonight with Clannad then man up with Duke Tugo and Golgo 13. No catalog inside but a few postcards. Always look forward to the catalog.

to buy or not to buy rurouni kenshin season 3 box set from gohastings? its filler i get it. but the sale is just too good. although it would look a little awk next to the singles I just bought but who cares.

I like how some of the postcards are actually postcards and not just ad inserts
right? it's an actual postcard that i could mail someone. it's really really cool.

I never mail mine. I just hoard them all, and mail them to myself if I have to mail it to someone.

To: Squarehard

Merry MeMas!

i have a stack from my last few orders. and of course the catalogs. rightstuf is awesome when they do this. i mean you get anime at a good price, great customer service, a cool box, fast shipping and they throw in little trinkets and treats that just scream "we love you"

love you too rightstuf

GoHastings is just too good

Picked up another 4 of the Kenshin titles I was missing from the Kyoto Arc so now I am missing

Shadow of the Wolf

Icy Blue Eyes

Heart of the Sword

Innocence and Experience

Conveniently a seller on eBay has 3-4 of these listed and I messaged her about a possible deal 

Then I got Keshin S3 economy box for 5 bucks which will look awk next to the singles but its by far the easier of the two to get and even if it does suck at least it was 5 bucks. 

Hopefully Ill finish my collection just in time to get the bluray New Kyoto Arc at Rightstuf

Copy of Non Non Biyori came in. Wished they were able to get the OVA. I'm thinking of grabbing the Durarara set but I want to wait till the end just in case I see something else but it's probably going to be sold out (48 left).

I bought the overpriced DRRR!! set for my brother as a Christmas gift. I think that's as cheap as it's going to get and now people are buying them up. Was 50 when I bought it a few moments ago. Might sell my Amazon LE Bebop to make up for it, but will likely wait until after a return from England in late January. If the price stays, I'll sell.

Wave 7 is Go.

Baccano! (dvd) and Mushishi (dvd) are the only two that really stick out for me today. Kokoro Connect OAV prices seem pretty good though.

Might get two things, but they're at the $27 range, instead of the $24 range that I like to pay.

bread's done
Back