Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tempted to pick up Attack on Titan from Amazon (22.99 each). Wondering if Right Stuf will include it in their sale, and I'd avoid the tax on it.

Also, got my shipping e-mail from Funi today. Won't get to me until the 15th. They better pack it well, as I don't want my brotherhood slips getting damaged. :bomb:

Ooh, Kujibiki Unbalance... I don't necessarily want it for the show, but rather, the Genshiken OVA.
I purchased it for twice that a few weeks back thinking it wouldnt be on sale :( when I decided I wanted the whole series.

Wave 10 is up.

Gundam SEED was the last series Bandai did inserts for.
I see. Oh well I'm a huge mark for inserts with the episode chapters and what not but whatever. They are in pristine condition and don't reek of smoke. Two of them had the bandai seal at the top of the dvd. so either it was new or resealed which i doubt. not sure

Yay I wanted to pick up Nyon Koi, and with that I've hit my $1000 total for the sales this year. So unless something really good comes up I'm done for the year, this plus new tires/rims/xbox one and a gtx 980 have me done spending for a long while! Hope everyone is picking up what they wanted this year as well.

.hack//Sign the complete series is getting re-released in February, it's $23.99 + shipping on Rightstuf incase anyone was interested. I loved this show on Toonami back in the day.

.hack//Sign The Complete Series - $23.99

FoR7jAt.png

Remember how I was saying I was charged in error 3 times by FYE for 3.77 and I never got any email confirmation for an order or a bill. I was just charged. Started the dispute with PayPal for unauthorized claim and I was denied today. WTF!!! I did not buy a thing. FYE/Suncoast better process a refund or I will have to take action of some kind. This is so not fair. 11 bucks doesn't sound like much but when you didn't order shite then it is really frustrating nonetheless. fuck

.hack//Sign the complete series is getting re-released in February, it's $23.99 + shipping on Rightstuf incase anyone was interested. I loved this show on Toonami back in the day.

.hack//Sign The Complete Series - $23.99
It's been this price since it was announced. Although I think it is well worth $23.99 I will most likely wait for the next studio sale at least if it doesn't go on sale somewhere else sooner.

I want to say ~$23 for the non-LE and ~$26 for the LE, but I'm not 100% certain.
Ok thx. I got an email from them today that sales were still going on. A lot of them went up in price, but I wasn't sure how much Good Luck Girl was on BF. It's currently $24.37 for the Blu /DVD combo. It doesnt say anything about being a LE, unless those combo packs are considered LEs for anime.

Ok thx. I got an email from them today that sales were still going on. A lot of them went up in price, but I wasn't sure how much Good Luck Girl was on BF. It's currently $24.37 for the Blu /DVD combo. It doesnt say anything about being a LE, unless those combo packs are considered LEs for anime.
The LE version comes with a chipboard box.

That's how much I bought it for.

The LE of GLG is $26.25 on FUNimations website.
Luckily, It's been on sale ever for the same price, and there's still some decent prices to be had with some of the items from Cyber Monday even though a vast majority of prices have gone up, but some have stayed the same, like GLG.

The LE version comes with a chipboard box.
And yes, the $26.25 one is the LE, even though it's not in the title on Funi's website, but if you check the upc on other site's they will have the LE in the actual title, like Rightstuf for instance.

Luckily, It's been on sale ever for the same price, and there's still some decent prices to be had with some of the items from Cyber Monday even though a vast majority of prices have gone up, but some have stayed the same, like GLG.

And yes, the $26.25 one is the LE, even though it's not in the title on Funi's website, but if you check the upc on other site's they will have the LE in the actual title, like Rightstuf for instance.
Ah ok. thx. I had to really search for it on their site. It wouldn't show up when I just searched for "Good luck girl" i had to specify the limited edition.. then as you said "LE" wasn't even listed on the actual product page, only the results page. Thx for the info everyone!

Close to $2k spent on anime since mid November.

Though my spending this year has been relatively slow, I believe this past month and a half I have caught myself way up. ^__^

Good Luck Girl is an awesome show. Was one of the surprise hits in my mind when it came out. I think I got the LE version from Funi's sale as well. Can't wait to re-watch on blu.

Though my spending this year has been relatively slow, I believe this past month and a half I have caught myself way up. ^__^
Damn $2k is a lot, granted I'm a bit over $1k myself so far it is my first year buying a lot during holiday sales.

Also did you guys/gals save up for the holiday sales? I put aside money for somethings this holiday season but I've recently got into collecting more anime blu rays so I set aside a bit more money for this. But for now there's only a bit more I want, I would love a fairy tail collection pack.

Damn $2k is a lot, granted I'm a bit over $1k myself so far it is my first year buying a lot during holiday sales.

Also did you guys/gals save up for the holiday sales? I put aside money for somethings this holiday season but I've recently got into collecting more anime blu rays so I set aside a bit more money for this. But for now there's only a bit more I want, I would love a fairy tail collection pack.
I've been well behind on my spending on anime for the year prior to November, so it's not really that I saved up for it, but that I had access funds I didn't get to use, but now I can. ^__^!

Something to keep an eye out on during the next Nozomi sale, but Yakitate Japan Volume 1 is coming out March 3rd. 27 episodes, sub-only, 5 discs, and $49.99 MSRP.

Yeah, but I tend to spend $50-$60 a year on Rightstuf alone. I might spend half of that throughout the year on DVD's and manga. Retail jobs don't pay that well to splurge as much as others do.

For those of you who have seen Fairy Tail, have you enjoyed it? Amazon has the first 2 collections for about $25 a pop. Thinking of picking it up, but am wondering if it's a show with a stupid amount of episodes a la one piece, naruto, and bleach.

For those of you who have seen Fairy Tail, have you enjoyed it? Amazon has the first 2 collections for about $25 a pop. Thinking of picking it up, but am wondering if it's a show with a stupid amount of episodes a la one piece, naruto, and bleach.
it a fun watch but it exactly like one piece, naruto, and bleach. fun B rated anime that keeps going an going an.....

it a fun watch but it exactly like one piece, naruto, and bleach. fun B rated anime that keeps going an going an.....
yup... and the first 20 eps of fairy tail aren't very good... outside of the filler after that it's been good though.

How does the anime compare to the manga?
for yakitate japan the compare well... though the last arc is different (shortened reworked ect)

Something to keep an eye out on during the next Nozomi sale, but Yakitate Japan Volume 1 is coming out March 3rd. 27 episodes, sub-only, 5 discs, and $49.99 MSRP.
it's actually currently $30 and comes with a box to hold all 3 parts (for a limited time).... which looks sexy

Fairy Tail is a very fun watch, characters are very likable, and plenty eyecandy when it comes to the girls.

I can't imagine buying it all with as long as these types of series are. Eps 1-50ish is a on Netflix and from there to 200 ish is on Crunchyroll, I just watch it there.

Fairy Tail has a few flaws such as censorship and some wonky animation at times. Story-wise I agree it's weak at first, but it gradually gets better as the series goes on. If you manage to watch the first series and move onto the second one, the animation improves significantly and while the censorship is still there, they at least let it slide with a few episodes (the original series was bloodless while the new series has some blood although its all black). 

The collections imho are a steal at $25. Shonens are best taken in binges/marathons and if you watch a few arcs at once, you will be hooked for sure.

Yea it surprised me as well, but after ordering a few times from them i'm gonna conclude they will always have slips (for stuff that comes with one) even the old and/or oop items.

EDIT:

Courtesy of WTK:

50% off select viz manga box sets at Barnes & Noble until 12/10: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/manga-mondays/379003497?cm_mmc=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-je6NUbpObpQ-_-10:1&r=1

$7.99 DVD sets from Section 23:

- Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: Complete Collection
- Fate/stay night (TV): Complete Collection
- Glass Maiden: Complete Collection
- Samurai Bride: Complete Collection
- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: Complete Collection
- TOWANOQUAN: Complete Collection
Quick Question (Anyone can answer this) - How long is this sale ^ going to be active.

yup... and the first 20 eps of fairy tail aren't very good... outside of the filler after that it's been good though.

for yakitate japan the compare well... though the last arc is different (shortened reworked ect)

it's actually currently $30 and comes with a box to hold all 3 parts (for a limited time).... which looks sexy
Ended up ordering just in case the art box ran out (doubt it) Worse case I contact CS if a nozomi sale starts between now and march. It's only 30 bucks so not a huge deal either way.

Just did a count, and I'm at a little bit lower than expected -- $712! (Since early November, counting preorde-- shit, forgot Cowboy Bebop).

I would hate to look at how much I've spent. It's always been 30 bucks here and 20 bucks there. It all adds up. Oh well. It's not like i ever paid full price for anything lololool

CAG ON 

bread's done
Back