Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
My two RS $10 blind boxes from the Pi day sale:

Antique Bakery is not a show for me. Will sell on eBay or if anyone wants it pm me.

Never heard of Gasaraki before, but it sounds like a decent watch.

Both are complete series which is cool for $10 a piece (or in this case, $3.14). I would try my luck again if they do another sale like this.
I got 3 coming to me hope I'd even be that lucky.

Yep you were definitely lucky:
BonoUx8.jpg
heatguy and armitage I got from the crunchyroll blind box a while ago and dragon hunters is almost like some random Disney kids show also it's a French series :whistle2:(

Antique Bakery is not a show for me. Will sell on eBay or if anyone wants it pm me.

Both are complete series which is cool for $10 a piece (or in this case, $3.14). I would try my luck again if they do another sale like this.
I ordered three blind boxes during Pi day. Hopefully I get something similar to your haul.

Yep you were definitely lucky: heatguy and armitage I got from the crunchyroll blind box a while ago and dragon hunters is almost like some random Disney kids show also it's a French series :whistle2:(
Woah, guess I was lucky. While HeatGuy J has good reviews, that Armitage you got looks to be a not-so-loved sequel. I can't even find Dragon Hunters on MAL, probably because it is from France. Surprised RS even had that one >_>

I'm happy with Garasaki. As for Antique Bakery, shounen ai is not my thing, but others may have been happy to get it.

WnhuqfC.jpg

Damn, I hope I get Gasaraki

Man now I'm kicking myself for not rolling the dice on the $3.14 blind box.I feel I could have gotten a blu ray complete series with my stroke of luck :)

I bought 5 Pi Day Blind Boxes. I got Antique Bakery, Ristorante Paradiso, Maria Watches Over Us Season 4, Gantz Season 2 (of course), and Magical Project S part,2

I bought 5 Pi Day Blind Boxes. I got Antique Bakery, Ristorante Paradiso, Maria Watches Over Us Season 4, Gantz Season 2 (of course), and Magical Project S part,2
Woow come on RS. I bought 5 and got exactly the same stuff. The only positive is that only gantz was a repeat for me.

I bought 10 of the Pi Day packs.  I figured what the hell.   lol   Got the Negima?! season and OVA to get my order to $50 for the free shipping.

I got 2 copies of the Heat Guy J 1-3 pack, a Heat Guy J collector's edition box 1, 2 copies of Dragon Hunters, 2 copies of eX-Driver the movie, Armitage Dual Matrix, Appleseed, and A Little Snow Fairy Sugar special with 2 shampoo bottles.

I won't get my blind boxes until they send out the next partial shipments. I can only assume I'll get the ADV version of 5 CM Per Second, Hayate the Combat Butler part 8, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on blu ray.

To think, I got Armitage Dual Matrix as a $1 Blind Box item. It even has the "bargain1" sticker on the back.

I fought temptation and didn't purchase the pi blind box. But RS is going to love me during the Rightstuf holiday sale on my DBZ purchases alone.

Got the same a few months back for a few dollars more but sold it since I have the collections.
I just sold it on ebay since I had the collections and have no need for it.There was another copy at my EntertainMart without slip for $24.99 and don't know if it's worth buying again and reselling.

I won't get my blind boxes until they send out the next partial shipments. I can only assume I'll get the ADV version of 5 CM Per Second, Hayate the Combat Butler part 8, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on blu ray.
ADV version of 5 CM Per Second I have still sealed. Is that good? I bought it at BB when they did that Anime blowout.

ADV version of 5 CM Per Second I have still sealed. Is that good? I bought it at BB when they did that Anime blowout.
I'll answer from two perspectives. I threw it in there due to it's rarity, though I guess technically the Bandai one is probably equally rare. I'm not sure what sealed copies go for, but I think open copies usually sell in the $40+ range.

As for if the ADV version is good, I personally like it. It has a different dub than the Bandai release, and the audio is 5.1 surround instead of 2.0 stereo. I can't say that it's better than the Bandai one though, because I haven't compared the two releases.

Any one know if gotanime applied to preorders? Also how long do they take to activate? The got anime website has been under maint for a week :/

Any one know if gotanime applied to preorders? Also how long do they take to activate? The got anime website has been under maint for a week :/
Generally no there is no further discount, but if the preorder price sticks around through a studio sale then it would take the 10% off if you order it at that time (or sometimes if you feel like contacting them for a price adjustment). Basically unless it says "Excludes membership discount" (which all of the cheaper preorder prices usually do) it will take 10% off.

As for how long it takes, you should be able to see the order for the membership on your order history. If you placed the order with something that hasn't released yet, you may need to contact their c/s to get it to activate. It's a problem with heir system where it doesn't activate you until the order is "fulfilled."

So should i wait for a Yen Press sale to pick up the spice and wolf novels or should i just get them at the price theyre at on Amazon?

So should i wait for a Yen Press sale to pick up the spice and wolf novels or should i just get them at the price theyre at on Amazon?
Depends on how much cheaper.

The sales are 33% off, as opposed to the regularly listed price at 25% off, so it's basically just an extra bit off.

If Amazon's are much cheaper, and depending on your sales tax situation, etc., will help you make your decision.

Yep you were definitely lucky:
BonoUx8.jpg
heatguy and armitage I got from the crunchyroll blind box a while ago and dragon hunters is almost like some random Disney kids show also it's a French series :whistle2:(
I got the same exact stuff... EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF!!! I rather get antique bakery because the packaging is cool and worth the $3.14. But this stuff isn't worth $10 at all...

Generally no there is no further discount, but if the preorder price sticks around through a studio sale then it would take the 10% off if you order it at that time (or sometimes if you feel like contacting them for a price adjustment). Basically unless it says "Excludes membership discount" (which all of the cheaper preorder prices usually do) it will take 10% off.

As for how long it takes, you should be able to see the order for the membership on your order history. If you placed the order with something that hasn't released yet, you may need to contact their c/s to get it to activate. It's a problem with heir system where it doesn't activate you until the order is "fulfilled."
I went ahead and signed up since and noticed allot I've prordered shows eligible but it looks like my orders still in process. So thanks for the info.
I got the same exact stuff... EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF!!! I rather get antique bakery because the packaging is cool and worth the $3.14. But this stuff isn't worth $10 at all...
yeah I agree as i said most of these were actually less the $5.00 on their own previously.I guess it's based on what RS charges now as heat guy j $15.99,Armitage III: Dual Matrix 15.99, drain hunters 11.99 funny how those prices went up lol. :(

bread's done
Back