Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Subtle Ties or bust!

And FotN last time didn't change my ship date until two days after it was supposed to be shipped, so don't hold your breath. XD

I see most anime films that come to theaters, and I've only seen three subbed ones:  Ghost in the Shell 2, Metropolis, and Paprika.

For me it's subtitles or bust. So it is highly unlikely that I would ever see an anime in a movie theater. For those screenings they almost always go dubbed. It would be nice to have some kind of anime club, that would rent theaters and hold screenings for members of the club. But that would have to be a local thing.
I'm also a strict sub-only person, but if I had to, I would still go see an anime movie dubbed, just because they almost never come around my area. The only anime movies I've ever seen in a commercial theater were The Wind Rises and The Ghost in the Shell New Movie.

I do wish anime clubs were more prevalent than they are, most are only on college campuses around here... I do show anime to small crowds of people in the dedicated projection theater in my basement (on that 120" screen that's bigger than DNukem's living room, lol!); I've held 3 Studio Ghibli Movie Marathons on Sunday afternoons/evenings over the last year or two, showing 3 movies back to back with a break for subs/pizza at supper time, and I've had 6-8 friends/family attend each one. I plan to have at least two more of those in the near future. I do also show a lot of anime in the theater to my mother, who I actually got hooked on anime about a year ago - now she comes over about two evenings a week to marathon anime series. But, I would also like to be able to meet more people in the local area with my same interests in anime, but there really isn't any opportunity to do that.

Lol, If you all moved within driving distance of my theater, I'd host anime marathons all the time...

[attachment=23589:Fotns3.png]

excited-head-explosion-o.gif

just got an email from amazon saying that i need to approve a delay on the fist of the north star by oct 6th or they will cancel it. so you should check as well.

Holy shit holy shit

I just assumed no theater around me was showing Digimon. I just looked it up out of curiosity, and it's gonna be at the theater just like four blocks from my house.

It is on in a manner similar to that of Donkey Kong.

Edit: ..nevermind. My location showed up in the theater search, but when I clicked it it said "no events found." Way to play with my heart.

Can someone who has Gunbuster vs Diebuster tell me whats supposed to be in each case? I bought it used
for $20
and just want to make sure I got everything with it.

Can someone who has Gunbuster vs Diebuster tell me whats supposed to be in each case? I bought it used
for $20
and just want to make sure I got everything with it.
The Gunbuster and Diebuster movies both have 2 small booklets. One is in Japanese and the other is the English translation of the booklet. The bonus disc did not have any additional content with it.

Ladies vs Butlers blu-ray collection is $19.99 at Amazon. Looks like they are price matching Best Buy, though if you check out the Best Buy page for the blu-ray set, it lists it as a DVD set.

I've order lots of "DVD" sets from BB in the past, but they all arrived in blu-ray form, so not too worried. ;D

Also, the UPC matches, so it's fine. :D

so is this a direct deal... no... but still... it's amazing.

Crunchyroll, Funimation Announce Partnership to Share Content Via Streaming, Home Video, EST

Media distribution site Crunchyroll and North American anime licensor and distributor FUNimation Entertainment announced a partnership on Thursday that will include cross-streaming opportunities, Broadcast Dub production, and home video distribution. The partnership is currently limited to the United States and Canada.

Cross-streaming Opportunities
Starting on Thursday, Crunchyroll viewers can watch subtitled versions of Funimation's summer simulcast titles, including: D.Gray-man Hallow, First Love Monster, and Puzzle & Dragons X. Select Funimation catalog titles such as Cowboy Bebop, Psycho-Pass, and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash are also available now on Crunchyroll.
The two companies also announced that certain Crunchyroll catalog titles such as Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club and The Testament of Sister New Devil will be available on FunimationNow "in the coming weeks."

Broadcast Dub Production
Additionally, FunimationNow viewers will be able to watch Broadcast Dubs of some of Crunchyroll's summer simulcast titles, including: 91 Days, Mob Psycho 100, and Orange. Funimation and Crunchyroll stated that the Broadcast Dubs will premiere "in the weeks to come," and will announce specific release schedules later.
Gen Fukunaga, CEO and president of Funimation, told ANN that the decision about which of Crunchyroll's titles will get an English dub is "primarily being driven by Funimation," but that the two companies meet every week to talk about titles. Fukunaga also stated that Funimation has already expanded its budget for its dub production operation in order to meet the increased dub workload, and said regarding the future of FunimationNow, "FunimationNow will be the home for the dubs — we're focusing on simuldubs, to get those out much faster, closer to Japanese broadcast."

Funimation and Crunchyroll will not be embedding each others' video players onto their sites, but will instead continue to use their own video players to play the collaborative content. Fukunaga stated that the two companies will be cross-marketing to work together to promote the titles.

The companies will also continue to work together for future seasons for subtitled and Broadcast Dub content.

Home Video Distribution
Funimation will also serve as the distributor for Crunchyroll's home video release titles and EST (electronic sell-through) releases through "a variety of EST outlets." Titles currently planned include: Ace Attorney, Alderamin on the Sky, Bungo Stray Dogs, JOKER GAME, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, and ReLIFE. The home video and EST releases will include subtitles and English dubs.
Crunchyroll had announced at Anime Expo in July that it will start dubbing and releasing some of its anime series on Blu-ray Disc and DVD. In addition to Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Crunchyroll announced plans to release Berserk (new series), Twin Star Exorcists, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Big Order, and Gintama on home video with English dubs. According to Funimation, Crunchyroll began the production process on these titles, and Funimation is reviewing the titles based on licensor approval and its own production and release schedule, but the titles have not yet been officially confirmed as part of the partnership.

The companies will announce more titles for home video in the future.
so... both subs get more value with some awesome new dubs coming.

giving funimation is handling home video release the crunchy roll releases will likely be afordable

and we just got dubs confirmed for 91 days, mob psycho, orange, ace attorney, aldermin, stray dogs, relife, and joker game.

today is a good day for cheap ass anime fans given that we likely won't see aniplex prices :p

edit: reading a bit more.

subs = crunchy

dubs = funimation now

funimation is dropping the price of their dub service, but it seems like basically that will be how things will be broken down in the future.

I haven't seen any talks about re:zero, but odds are it's a series that will be release by funnyroll late next year.
crunchyroll said:
Finally, we will be working together to distribute Crunchyroll titles through Blu-ray, DVD, and Download-to-Own, both dubbed and subbed. Currently planned titles include Ace Attorney, Alderamin on the Sky, Bungo Stray Dogs, JOKER GAME, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and ReLIFE, with more to be announced in the future, so stay tuned for announcements on availability and street date.
This seems to be what I was talking about
I seem to have misread but still I liked relife

so is this a direct deal... no... but still... it's amazing.

Crunchyroll, Funimation Announce Partnership to Share Content Via Streaming, Home Video, EST
so... both subs get more value with some awesome new dubs coming.
giving funimation is handling home video release the crunchy roll releases will likely be afordable
and we just got dubs confirmed for 91 days, mob psycho, orange, ace attorney, aldermin, stray dogs, relife, and joker game.

today is a good day for cheap ass anime fans given that we likely won't see aniplex prices :p

edit: reading a bit more.

subs = crunchy
dubs = funimation now

funimation is dropping the price of their dub service, but it seems like basically that will be how things will be broken down in the future.
https://www.crunchyroll.com/freetrial?from=ign30&integrate=ign&sku=cr-anime-membership-freetrial-coupon-1

IGN had a link for a 30 day free trial of crunchyroll (twice the usual length of time) in case you want to try it.

Curious if the Ace Attorney dub will use the games' cast or use FUNi's in house pool.

The show sucks anyway, so it makes no difference to me, but I'm curious.

Curious if the Ace Attorney dub will use the games' cast or use FUNi's in house pool.

The show sucks anyway, so it makes no difference to me, but I'm curious.
actually it might be choice C.

Given what we previously knew about the crunchyroll stuff it seemed like bang zoom was going to be dubbing their stuff.

so it is actually still quite possible they will be commissioning some of the dubs through bang zoom and having funimation print the disks.

if it's not that though, hands down it will be funi's in house pool. there is pretty much no chance they use the game cast as there isn't a single person who is attached to them lol.

actually it might be choice C.

Given what we previously knew about the crunchyroll stuff it seemed like bang zoom was going to be dubbing their stuff.

so it is actually still quite possible they will be commissioning some of the dubs through bang zoom and having funimation print the disks.

if it's not that though, hands down it will be funi's in house pool. there is pretty much no chance they use the game cast as there isn't a single person who is attached to them lol.
They have gone out of their way before in getting cast members who did the dubs for these games (like with Neptunia). Am sure with the expanded dub budget they'll use other studios besides their own.

They have gone out of their way before in getting cast members who did the dubs for these games (like with Neptunia). Am sure with the expanded dub budget they'll use other studios besides their own.
to be fair the neptunia cast is not union, and some people were attached to them because they were in an rpg with a lot of voice acting.

I don't know if the ace attorney one was union or not, but if it was... zero chance. beyond that like I said. there is pretty much no one attached to them since they only voice cut scenes and there are only like 4 of them in a game :p

if they can be had for cheap they might, but there is pretty much no reason to go get the cast for the ace attorney games since pretty much no one knows what they sound like anyways.

I mean they might have gotten them for netpunia, but they sure didn't for the tales of vesperia anime.

The Ladies Vs Butlers blu ray is also on sale at Right Stuf for $17.99 to members and non-members alike.  You can see this and other items in their Media Blasters studio sale.

I'm not here to judge, just to report ;)

Well, since it's DVD-only, I'll bet the titles drop to sub-$20 after a few months.

Wouldn't expect Collection re-releases for a while, though. 

Well the first set of Hunter X Hunter is up for preorder on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Set-Standard-Various/dp/B01LR0AF3S/ref=sr_1_101?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1473283763&sr=1-101&keywords=anime&refinements=p_n_date%3A2693529011

$39.99 for 13 episodes

13 episode sets = about 11 sets because the series is around 148 eps

11 * $39.99 = $439.89

Not in a million years Viz
see the math could be worse.

aniplex pricing of $10 an episode

13 episode set would be $130

11*130 = 1430 :p

Pretty sure that HxH will be cheap in due time. I was taken aback by the episode count for the price they're charging as well. I can wait a few years for the inevitable season sets or bundle deal. The artwork doesn't appeal to me much so no reason to jump on it.

Pretty sure that HxH will be cheap in due time. I was taken aback by the episode count for the price they're charging as well. I can wait a few years for the inevitable season sets or bundle deal. The artwork doesn't appeal to me much so no reason to jump on it.
Doubt they will do a bundle or collections.

They will, it'll just be long after the show is fully released. They're not going to do repackaging a few months later like FUNimation does.

They will, it'll just be long after the show is fully released. They're not going to do repackaging a few months later like FUNimation does.
I like Hunter X Hunter enough to want to buy a home video release but I'm also willing to wait as long as it takes for that eventual repackage. I don't want to end up getting burned like the people who bought Bleach sets when they were barely coming out.

It might actually take even longer because I'll bet there's an agreement in place that Viz's home video releases don't overtake the Toonami airings. 

I like Hunter X Hunter enough to want to buy a home video release but I'm also willing to wait as long as it takes for that eventual repackage. I don't want to end up getting burned like the people who bought Bleach sets when they were barely coming out.
I'm one of the dumb ones who bought the Bleach singles up until the end of Soul Society purely because the R2 artwork was used. It's a shame that Viz did a bad job with the video, but I think I'm more upset that it takes up so much shelf space rather than the fact it's now released on BD for half the price I paid. Each single was about $13 a piece on sale from DD back in the day.

bread's done
Back