Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
It was more like I missed about 3-4 minutes of each episode, at the most. (most of the violence didn't bother me, it was when it got REALLY bad that I looked away) To the other person, because it's still a really good show, even with ignoring the ridonculously violent parts

Eh, Parasyte is violent yet not that gory, but I also know that a part of me died inside when I watched Ninja Resurrection as a kid lol. Fight scene animation is excellent, they only do the "too fast to see" bit a handful of times.

I got the Blu-ray Complete Series of Speed Racer yesterday (a full day early) and was excited to start watching it in Japanese since the back of the box lists both English and Japanese audio tracks, but there's no option to change the audio on the main menu. Has anyone else encountered this?

I got the Blu-ray Complete Series of Speed Racer yesterday (a full day early) and was excited to start watching it in Japanese since the back of the box lists both English and Japanese audio tracks, but there's no option to change the audio on the main menu. Has anyone else encountered this?
how about change with the remote /controller.

I wonder if it was a mistake and Japanese dialogue isn't included, despite what it says? The reverse happened with the original Gundam movie trilogy on DVD (box claimed it included an English dub, but was only subbed).

Regardless, I still need to order that Speed Racer set. Personally, I only want the English dub, so it's not so much an issue for me.

If it says that then it's likely a mistake. Funi is releasing Speed Racer and the original series with english only on the former and japanese only on the later. I believe the video was edited/re-cut for the dub, so it wouldn't be possible to have both languages on the same disc.

If it says that then it's likely a mistake. Funi is releasing Speed Racer and the original series with english only on the former and japanese only on the later. I believe the video was edited/re-cut for the dub, so it wouldn't be possible to have both languages on the same disc.
Well, shoot. I guess I'll have to return this set to Amazon and wait for the Mach-A-Go-Go release, then. Thanks for the information--do you have a link to any article that discusses the original series' release by Funimation?

Well my Code Geass shipped from Amazon today. Now if Target could get their act together and ship me the premium editions of Amagi Brillant Park and Umaru chan that I ordered during the buy 2 get 1 in February that would be great.

yeah, I'm still waiting on Barakamon from the Amazon Sale, it was OOS when I ordered it, and it has an "Expected by June 3rd" date on my order. Yet they have them in stock for the regular price, so why don't they ship it already... maybe they're just waiting for my last item in my order to arrive as well, RWBY Volume 4 - it's release date is June 6, maybe they'll end up shipping them out together.  

Ah well, I'm way more excited for the RWBY Blu-ray than I am Barakamon, anyway - even though this US domestic RWBY Blu-ray is just something temporary to hold me over until the freakin'-awesome Japanese LE box set comes out later this year. 

I'll be getting Barakamon today and Code Geass on Friday.

It's kind of interesting to see the differences between something put out by Funimation and something put out by Eastern Star.  Code Geass was technically a bigger discount than FotNS (unless you count amount/episode, of course), but they were able to start covering orders for them in only a couple of weeks.  Shows the difference in scale between the two companies pretty well. 

Unfortunately all the Code Geass CE sets that Amazon sold in the sale still have the four defective audio Blu-ray discs for R2 in them, so you have to deal with that mess yet through Funi. Hopefully they don't take 4 months to send replacements out to those who just bought them, like they did with all the pre-order people... 

Also, I did get a shipping email for Barakamon today around noon, and it is arriving tomorrow, shipping from an Amazon warehouse only 2 hours away. So now I just need my RWBY Volume 4 pre-order to ship yet. 

Unfortunately all the Code Geass CE sets that Amazon sold in the sale still have the four defective audio Blu-ray discs for R2 in them, so you have to deal with that mess yet through Funi. Hopefully they don't take 4 months to send replacements out to those who just bought them, like all the pre-order people did...

Also, I did get a shipping email for Barakamon today around noon, and it is arriving tomorrow, shipping from an Amazon warehouse only 2 hours away. So now I just need my RWBY Volume 4 pre-order to ship yet.
It's still just the dub audio that's mono right? Japanese audio is still 5.1 or whatever?

My Code Geass CE arrived from Amazon today. Trying to compare the first episodes of both seasons to see if my R2 has the defective audio. I can't really tell the difference so far, is there anything specific I should look for?

My Code Geass CE arrived from Amazon today. Trying to compare the first episodes of both seasons to see if my R2 has the defective audio. I can't really tell the difference so far, is there anything specific I should look for?
I believe it can only be heard if you have a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound setup otherwise if it's through tv you can't tell.

Not sure but I will go with sound will come out through both L and R speakers when using headset.
Yeah, mono means it just blasts through all speakers at the same levels. One channel of sound.
Thanks! In that case I'll likely just keep the mono versions instead of sending in for the replacements.

According to Amazon, I should be receiving Code Geass this weekend.

It's still just the dub audio that's mono right? Japanese audio is still 5.1 or whatever?
yes, just the English dub audio. But, even though I am a strict sub-only anime viewer, I don't want to have a defective product sitting on my shelf, so I got the replacement discs anyway, even if I never will listen to the dub.

And yes, mono just means the exact same audio is coming out of both speakers instead of having the full-bodied stereo separation and directional effects; mono just sounds flat and dull. It is especially noticeable when wearing headphones, as the monaural audio sounds like a single sound point emanating from the center of your head - so you have no spacial or directional stereo sounds coming from either side of your head and moving around at all. I myself do not like to listen to mono audio, but if you're just listening through a TV, you don't get that much stereo separation in the sound anyway, since the left and right speakers are fairly close together.

I just got my code geass. It was in a box with tons of bubble wrap. I wish they were this thorough with all their packages.

I would do the replacement discs just for free discs tbh. Does someone have a link to the instructions on getting your replacement discs?

Got my Code Geass CE yesterday and happy to watch this series all over again. Never saw it dubbed and so far what i'm hearing is not bad. 

I just got my code geass. It was in a box with tons of bubble wrap. I wish they were this thorough with all their packages.

I would do the replacement discs just for free discs tbh. Does someone have a link to the instructions on getting your replacement discs?
https://www.funimation.com/contact-us/#customerSupportForm

Just fill out the contact form at the bottom and they'll send you a response stating what information they need from you.

bread's done
Back