Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we just say that all shonen fillers are bad? The arcs are badly written and always fall apart and the episodes are just random crap that is usually resolved at the end of the episode. You want to know what the worse filler is? Flashback filler. Naruto loves it and One Piece has done it many many times. 

I liked how KIll la Kill made fun at these sort of episodes too. 

FINALLY, I have Tiger & Bunny Vol. 1 (Blu-ray)! Secondspin.com came through for me--I ordered that with Place to Place: Complete Collection on DVD (which looked quite funny) with the 30% off code for $32.18 after shipping and tax. :D/

Hopefully both arrive in good condition... :pray:

I truly hate the use of the word "filler" as if it's all automatically bad because it's not in the manga. I thought Soul Eater was fine and entertaining through the end which Toonami aired this past weekend. I have a nickname for it: BTB which stand for "Better than Bleach" just because there is some kind of beginning, middle, and end within the series. In fact, I like the "filler" more in Bleach than the canon for that very reason (although the recent "fillers" like the current one with the clones is going on for way too long and therefore boring).

True filler in my opinion is within an episode like flashbacks which, as ssjchris mentioned, happens in practically every episode. Any attempt to waste time by dragging out a sequence. Family Guy is the king of this practice. 

Perhaps what you don't realize, is that filler = unofficial content that they just cooked up to prolong the show and is not really part of the "official" story as described in the manga. So your analogy above isn't quite accurate as DBZ should never have been 300 episodes to begin with. Game of Thrones is actually strongly connected to the books with some creative decision-making thrown in that IS sanctioned by the author, so I wouldn't consider any changes from the books filler. The most hated and egregious examples of filler (asides from DBZ) are Bleach and Naruto, Naruto being the more ridiculous.
Game of Thrones was a poor example because it's already being condensed from the book. You will not see in the TV show a lot of things that happen in the book, but that's understandable because the books are long and the show consists of 10-episode seasons. But OK, how about a show like LOST? It was primarily based off flashbacks and a lot of the times the episodes would fail to progress the story. Some episodes would even be a complete side show. At the same time, it made you fall in love with the characters. I can't remember a dull flashback moment from any of the character-centric episodes.

A lot of the filler in DBZ made me like characters a lot more, especially kid Gohan when he went through that training regimen. The thing people dislike about DBZ is the fact that they take more than a few episodes to progress one small arc (Goku on Snake Way, Vegeta coming to Earth, Frieza on Namek preparing to fight, a lot of the Buu fighting etc..)

The only thing that truly started to annoy with DBZ for me at least, was the idea of this never-ending ceiling of power. Where they at now, Super Saiyan 50? I truly hope the rumor of the series coming back for another saga is false. You just have to let some shows rest.

I truly hate the use of the word "filler" as if it's all automatically bad because it's not in the manga. I thought Soul Eater was fine and entertaining through the end which Toonami aired this past weekend. I have a nickname for it: BTB which stand for "Better than Bleach" just because there is some kind of beginning, middle, and end within the series. In fact, I like the "filler" more in Bleach than the canon for that very reason (although the recent "fillers" like the current one with the clones is going on for way too long and therefore boring).

True filler in my opinion is within an episode like flashbacks which, as ssjchris mentioned, happens in practically every episode. Any attempt to waste time by dragging out a sequence. Family Guy is the king of this practice.
The FIller Arcs in Bleach are pretty much the same length. The Zanpakuto Spirit Arc was the longest out of the bunch, being 36 Episodes long. The Regai Arc (Clones) was 26 episodes and the Bount Arc was 28 episodes long.

Second Spin is having a 3 day sale of 30% off your entire dvd/blu purchase of $30 or more.  I don't know what they have for anime in stock, but I picked up seasons 3-5 of ST:TNG on blu ray.

If that doesn't float your boat, it's also 30% of CDs and 20% off video games.  

The only thing that truly started to annoy with DBZ for me at least, was the idea of this never-ending ceiling of power. Where they at now, Super Saiyan 50? I truly hope the rumor of the series coming back for another saga is false. You just have to let some shows rest.
Nope. Super Saiyan God Mode. Lol. Which is basically Goku's Kaioken. But with more Red.

Second Spin is having a 3 day sale of 30% off your entire dvd/blu purchase of $30 or more. I don't know what they have for anime in stock, but I picked up seasons 3-5 of ST:TNG on blu ray.

This is the same deal I used to get Tiger and Bunny, Vol. 1 (Blu-ray) and Place to Place (DVD) for a darn good price. :D/

I thought the promo was posted already, so I didn't provide any details on it. Sorry about that. :oops:

It didn't even dawn on me that you were talking about SS in your previous post.  I stared at it earlier, thought you were talking about some other deal I missed, and then moved on.  Later on when I got sick of working I saw the deal on their site and went "Oh hey, what's this thing that I've never heard of before?" :D

The FIller Arcs in Bleach are pretty much the same length. The Zanpakuto Spirit Arc was the longest out of the bunch, being 36 Episodes long. The Regai Arc (Clones) was 26 episodes and the Bount Arc was 28 episodes long.
Since Bleach was a guilty pleasure of mine until it ended, I just want to note that the Zanpakuto filler was actually concluded after 25 episodes. The Sword Beast episodes afterwards was separate from that but were more random filler episodes than an actual arc and those were 10 episodes.

This is the same deal I used to get Tiger and Bunny, Vol. 1 (Blu-ray) and Place to Place (DVD) for a darn good price. :D/

I thought the promo was posted already, so I didn't provide any details on it. Sorry about that. :oops:
I was planning to update the thread this morning, but I got sidetracked by something else, and plumb forgot about it. :p

If you search for anime on SecondSpin, doing a search for "Complete Series" or "Complete Collection" will get you a lot of the more modern sets.

Another thing to remember on SecondSpin for those who don't shop there often is that if you add something to your cart it will remove it from their inventory for 90 minutes, so if there is something you're interested in, but not 100% sure on it would be a good idea to add it to your cart to at least secure that copy so someone else won't check out with it while you're trying to make the decision.

Second Spin is having a 3 day sale of 30% off your entire dvd/blu purchase of $30 or more. I don't know what they have for anime in stock, but I picked up seasons 3-5 of ST:TNG on blu ray.

Promotion Code is 3DYSSMAR

Did you actually try it? It's valid on one item, and not valid on preorders.
Yes, I know it's only good for one item snd it worked for part one surprisingly enough. I'm sorry it didn't work for you, I assumed it would which is why I posted.

Another thing to remember on SecondSpin for those who don't shop there often is that if you add something to your cart it will remove it from their inventory for 90 minutes, so if there is something you're interested in, but not 100% sure on it would be a good idea to add it to your cart to at least secure that copy so someone else won't check out with it while you're trying to make the decision.
That's good to know, thanks. :)

Just preordered the Gurren Lagann sets from Amazon UK.  They are at their lowest price since being listed on Amazon.  Their is a $60 difference between the two due the films included in the Ultimate set.  From what I've read it looks like the movies are basically compressed versions of the show.  Are they worth the diffence in price?

I own already own the US dvd release, does anyone know if the bluray is a noticable difference in quality?

I've got until October to decide what to keep, so I'd welcome any opinions on this.

Just preordered the Gurren Lagann sets from Amazon UK. They are at their lowest price since being listed on Amazon. Their is a $60 difference between the two due the films included in the Ultimate set. From what I've read it looks like the movies are basically compressed versions of the show. Are they worth the diffence in price?

I own already own the US dvd release, does anyone know if the bluray is a noticable difference in quality?

I've got until October to decide what to keep, so I'd welcome any opinions on this.
Wow. Any word if those blu-ray editions will make it over to the US?

You gotta love how they charge it at that price,yet they don't even add subtitles for any of the bonus features.
Row Row Rock the Wallet. If the bonus features are on disc, I wonder if they translated them for the UK release. I'm personally going to hold out on it due to me having my region free blu player in storage for now. It is very tempting though! The DVD version I have has a lot pixelation during the action scenes. I hope the Blu version is much clearer but knowing how it's literally from Japan, I would expect only the best of the best, lol.

Anyone get a replacement Artbox for their Psycho Pass LE yet? I was debating using the old one to make a Madoka chipboard and just purchase the 3 standard editions since the LE ones are OOP. 

Not sure if this has been posted, but I saw that Wal-Mart has Hellsing Ultimate, Vols. 5 - 8 (Blu-Ray + DVD) on sale for $13.12 on their website.

Hellsing Ultimate, Vols. 5 - 8 (Blu-Ray + DVD) - $13.12

I'm not sure if there are more titles with this big of a discount though.
Looks like it's just this title.

They do this on occasion with certain titles that are low stock, and clearance out the last of the stock, or it's just been selling badly, so random price drop to get rid of overstock.

That being said, crazy good price.

Thanks for the heads up. ^__^

And if people wants to go the Amazon route, it's been matched,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BQ1DDUG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Go the Amazon route for Hellsing, I've been too lazy to cancel my Robotic;Notes order from Walmart but it seems they have a lousy track of keeping a status of what is/isn't in stock.

Go the Amazon route for Hellsing, I've been too lazy to cancel my Robotic;Notes order from Walmart but it seems they have a lousy track of keeping a status of what is/isn't in stock.
Indeed.

I was glad I went with Amazon on the Robotics;Notes, but more that I got in on it early since the prices are nice and cheap anymore at either places. :*(

Key things to note for those unfamiliar with how these Rightstuf sales work:

Up to 32% means things that are already 32% or more off their listed retail price is ineligible.

"Most In-Stock Items" means there are still restrictions on certain items that won't qualify for this even though it's not heavily discounted, although there aren't too many of those (usually stuff in weekly sales, and so on aren't eligible either).

I hope the Tenchi Geminar Blu Rays drop in price this year. They look awesome but are very expensive. Reminds me of the days of paying 20 bucks for an anime VHS with 2 or 3 episodes on it.

I hope the Tenchi Geminar Blu Rays drop in price this year. They look awesome but are very expensive. Reminds me of the days of paying 20 bucks for an anime VHS with 2 or 3 episodes on it.
To be fair the OVA episodes are twice as long as a regular episode if you compare it to a regular series, so if you base it off of length of time it comes out to about the same as a regular 24 episode series, maybe even a little longer.

bread's done
Back