Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
While each show does have its own license, Sunrise isn't going to let anyone pick and choose which ones they want for older shows.  They may allow companies to do that on new titles they want released in the US, but they're not going to let Funimation come along and pick up just Wing (or would they go for 00 now?) or let Sentai pick up just  0079, etc.

Sunrise operates on its own logic scale completely alien to us Americans. Nothing they do over here would surprise me.

It wouldn't surprise me if they base their decision solely on which company sells more other Sunrise titles.

There is no "Gundam License." Each individual series is its own license. And that is assuming Sunrise is even offering.
I'm aware of that. But like what Roger, Sunrise most likely won't let other Companies pick up separate shows all willy nilly, otherwise, it would've been done by now assumingly. For Sunrise, it most likely have to be, "if you want Gundam, you have to get all of it." At least for now. But I highly doubt they would change their mind.

It might be Sunrise would be forcing them to take on AGE. Or there could be some stipulation that certain series have to be released in a certain order. Or that Blu-rays are a no-go.

Remember that this is the company that didn't want to release X because it did badly in Japan and took forever to release Turn A (and only decided to when Bandai folded).

Funimation sale at Right Stuf. If you a Got Anime member remember you get more of a discount.

The sale seems to be equivalent to the 20% off sale Funi just had not too long ago as the prices are basically the same for numerous things listed in the sale.

^^^

Your not a chump. I love Rail Gun more so then Index. Question...since Hagani Next is coming out next week do you think they will ship it this week sometime? I only ask because I just signed up for Goanime and I want to be able to get my order adjusted. The membership won't take effect till Thursday and I'm afraid it'll ship before then. I asked them if I could get it adjusted and they said yes as long as it hasn't processed. Opinions? Should I just cancel it and then re order on Thursday?

Thanks guys.

^^^

Your not a chump. I love Rail Gun more so then Index. Question...since Hagani Next is coming out next week do you think they will ship it this week sometime? I only ask because I just signed up for Goanime and I want to be able to get my order adjusted. The membership won't take effect till Thursday and I'm afraid it'll ship before then. I asked them if I could get it adjusted and they said yes as long as it hasn't processed. Opinions? Should I just cancel it and then re order on Thursday?

Thanks guys.
I would just email them and ask for a partial refund. They did one for me np when my package was still in-route when a studio sale started.

I would just email them and ask for a partial refund. They did one for me np when my package was still in-route when a studio sale started.
I might try that. I'm going to chat with tomorrow Wednesday and maybe my member number will be in by then. If not I'll just do what you suggested. Thank you.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Blu-ray release of Cowboy Bebop? And what's the deal with Evangelion 3.33? The delays are really starting to tick me off. I usually have the patience to wait it out, but this is getting ridiculous at this point. 

Is that movie any good? I'm a little ashamed to admit the synopsis made me snicker a bit (human civilization destroyed by a card game... :rofl:).
Well the whole show was like that with people tryingto conquer the world with cards.It was hilarious and surprising violent for a show about a card game.

So I'm considering doing a Shiki and Deadman Wonderland order. I've heard some fairly mixed things about Deadman, though. Any thoughts?

It's an OK movie. The whole plot is just an excuse for Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei to team up and most of each series supporting cast are missing (Yusei gets the other signers, Jaden gets the various ghosts following him around, while Yugi gets his grandpa and Pegasus).

The Abridged version is better, if only for the ending song.

Well the whole show was like that with people tryingto conquer the world with cards.It was hilarious and surprising violent for a show about a card game.
I know, but it approaches a new level of absurdity when civilization is actually destroyed by it. :lol:

It's an OK movie. The whole plot is just an excuse for Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei to team up and most of each series supporting cast are missing (Yusei gets the other signers, Jaden gets the various ghosts following him around, while Yugi gets his grandpa and Pegasus).

The Abridged version is better, if only for the ending song.
Huh, that's disappointing. I'll definitely check out the Abridged version.

Sorry for the double-post, but I thought someone might want in on this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puella-Magi-Madoka-Magica-Blu-Ray-Vol-1-3-Complete-Series-/231224254515?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item35d60a2033

It's the complete series of Madoka Magica, on Blu-ray, for $45 with free shipping and sold by a highly reputable eBay seller. I thought that was insane (and a much more reasonable price point) considering how much I've seen them selling for, so I bought one. There's just one left at the time I made this post.

Sorry for the double-post, but I thought someone might want in on this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puella-Magi-Madoka-Magica-Blu-Ray-Vol-1-3-Complete-Series-/231224254515?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item35d60a2033

It's the complete series of Madoka Magica, on Blu-ray, for $45 with free shipping and sold by a highly reputable eBay seller. I thought that was insane (and a much more reasonable price point) considering how much I've seen them selling for, so I bought one. There's just one left at the time I made this post.
A few of us discussed this listing a few pages back. They are bootlegs though higher quality than normal. I ended up getting a refund shortly after purchasing these as I figured I would try and hunt down the LE set or buy a normal set. Though the quality of the cases are good from what I have heard, the BD's themselves are black on the bottom and the resolution is a bit blury on the disk art.

The seller states that they are "chinese imports" and not bootlegs. I can't give an oppinion on the quality of content but if you want a decent set to have without a region 2 BD player/pay Aniplex prices its not a bad option

A few of us discussed this listing a few pages back. They are bootlegs though higher quality than normal. I ended up getting a refund shortly after purchasing these as I figured I would try and hunt down the LE set or buy a normal set. Though the quality of the cases are good from what I have heard, the BD's themselves are black on the bottom and the resolution is a bit blury on the disk art.

The seller states that they are "chinese imports" and not bootlegs. I can't give an oppinion on the quality of content but if you want a decent set to have without a region 2 BD player/pay Aniplex prices its not a bad option
D'oh! Major blunder on my part. Sorry, guys. :oops:

Thanks for the heads-up. BTW, did the seller tell you they're Chinese imports? I don't see any mention of that on the product listing.

So I'm considering doing a Shiki and Deadman Wonderland order. I've heard some fairly mixed things about Deadman, though. Any thoughts?
dmw anime was not as true to the manga as it couldhave been but it wasn't bad. It just cuts of with an anime original cliffhanger if i remember correctly. The manga was much better.

[quote name="Mry087" post="11739109" timestamp="1399402344"]dmw anime was not as true to the manga as it couldhave been but it wasn't bad. It just cuts of with an anime original cliffhanger if i remember correctly. The manga was much better.[/quote]

That's the last thing I wanted to hear haha. I HATE it when anime does that. If they're not going to adapt the entire story, then I wish they would just end at a point--even if it's made up--that is at least a somewhat satisfying conclusion.

Anybody who order Rurouni Kenshin from Amazon UK receive it yet? I had a delivery estimate for the 2nd and it still hasn't arrived.

I ordered those Code Geass R2 Limited Editions the other day from Crunchyroll. They sent me the regular editions and the fourth set is all smashed up. Any chance I'll be able to get them exchanged for what I ordered? I ordered the similar Gundam 00 bundle the other day and everything was fine.

I really liked DMW, but as others have said the ending really wasn't that good. I'm still picking it up for $18.90 because I personally think at that price it is definitely worth it. Really wish that they had followed the manga story because it was a lot better IMO.

Devil is a Part-Timer is back up for preorder as well^^
I always thought that would be a fun show to watch, but I never got around to it. I had actually forgotten about it until I read this, so thanks! I'll most likely place another order with Devil is a Part-Timer and Shana S2.

Is that movie any good? I'm a little ashamed to admit the synopsis made me snicker a bit (human civilization destroyed by a card game... :rofl:).
I liked it for what it was, I still play the card game with my nephews since the show started.

Also, the original Megaman cartoon is getting a rerelease. The release date is September 30th, 2014.

10003524_827045987324497_9177803855873928739_n.jpg

Anybody who order Rurouni Kenshin from Amazon UK receive it yet? I had a delivery estimate for the 2nd and it still hasn't arrived.
Amazon UK Global can take up to 10 business days I believe. My order just came a bit faster since I had it in a box and got more crap. My Blue Exorcist orders on the other hand took like a week and a half since I got them individually.

Also, the original Megaman cartoon is getting a rerelease. The release date is September 30th, 2014.
Will never buy this but I appreciate its existence due to the goofiness of the show. Love the new box art though!

If Disoctek is releasing something like this,then they should release that really shit Donkey Kong Country show which was way worse than the Megaman cartoon.

bread's done
Back