Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
You have no idea what you're talking about and your opinion that these companies should die is incredibly misguided and just plain stupid.
Why? None of them provide a product worth consuming over, say, a fan release. The only thing the companies can compete on are dub tracks and packaging. Why shouldn't companies that can't provide quality releases die out?

Though FUNi is still quite expensive. I have a hard time pulling the trigger on $40 for 13 episodes. Even though $40 for 13 episodes a decade ago would have been a steal.

Why? None of them provide a product worth consuming over, say, a fan release. The only thing the companies can compete on are dub tracks and packaging. Why shouldn't companies that can't provide quality releases die out?
The only company that really has any quality issues is Sentai. That should hopefully go away, since they've been made aware of it quite frequently recently. There's nothing wrong with Funimation's releases, except for some brightness and banding issues that can occur. If they could afford to spread the episodes out on to two BD50s or more, then the quality would increase, but Blu-ray production is too expensive and the anime buying audience is too small in North America to justify otherwise.

Other than those minor video quality issues, I don't understand what else you would want changed.

Have any of you had experience pre-ordering stuff from gohastings before?  They have the blu-ray aniverserary version of Akira for $20.  I've only had experience buying used stuff from them.  I'm tempted to go with them cause of the price plus $.96 shipping.

I actually dislike Sentai and Section 23 the most since their releases are barebones in terms of packaging. Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere would look much better as a Funi or, dare I say, Aniplex release. I'd pay for it.

The only company that really has any quality issues is Sentai. That should hopefully go away, since they've been made aware of it quite frequently recently. There's nothing wrong with Funimation's releases, except for some brightness and banding issues that can occur. If they could afford to spread the episodes out on to two BD50s or more, then the quality would increase, but Blu-ray production is too expensive and the anime buying audience is too small in North America to justify otherwise.

Other than those minor video quality issues, I don't understand what else you would want changed.
I'd like typesetting that uses more fonts and positioning than alternate colored version of the same font {\an8}'d to the top -- at best.

I'd like encodes that can at least compete in a screenshot comparison with fansub BD releases

I'd like scripts written by more than one person and given more than a one-pass translation from some $40k/year lady in a cube.

I'd like industry-standard best practices to be replaced with best practices that are actually good. There's no reason to show two dashes over an em-dash.

I'd like karaoke that doesn't look like it was was from 1980.

I'd like main-script fonts that don't look like they were from 1970.

I'd like packaging worthy of the premium price they're expecting us to pay.

I'd like to go on but I don't want to turn this into an essay.

I'd like typesetting that uses more fonts and positioning than alternate colored version of the same font {\an8}'d to the top -- at best.

I'd like encodes that can at least compete in a screenshot comparison with fansub BD releases

I'd like scripts written by more than one person and given more than a one-pass translation from some $40k/year lady in a cube.

I'd like industry-standard best practices to be replaced with best practices that are actually good. There's no reason to show two dashes over an em-dash.

All of that would add a large cost to production which would ultimately be added to the price of the releases. Funimation has the best prices in the industry right now because they have found a way to produce a decent quality US release within a budget that allows them to charge a price that the average consumer would be willing to pay. I personally have found recent packaging to be a real improvement over older releases, and the trend of releasing the entire shorter series' as 1 or 2 release as opposed to the 3-4 episode releases of the past. We probably won't see very many Japanese quality releases imported until the American audience is willing to pay Japanese prices. (Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine Japan = $129.183 US = $36.96)

I'm likely in for Akira but that might it for now.

And I'm happy to see that Funimation is trying out imports. I'm not a big Ghost in the Shell fan but I like the black Blu Ray cases that the Japanese like to have with their Blu releases. ;)

If you think Funimation is bad now, you must not have been around for those early days. I'm not trying to belie your claims, I can agree that they still have their issues, then again every US anime companies has, but they are far far better now then what they were. I still have nightmares of those days :oldman:

It's also much easier to have a quality product when you don't have the original Japanese licensors breathing down your neck. Can't have too many reverse importers now!

And...what exactly is wrong with the fonts used? As long as its readable, who cares what the font actually is?

Have any of you had experience pre-ordering stuff from gohastings before? They have the blu-ray aniverserary version of Akira for $20. I've only had experience buying used stuff from them. I'm tempted to go with them cause of the price plus $.96 shipping.
I've ordered multiple used titles from them before, but nothing new. I wouldn't be afraid of ordering new stuff if you have no problem with the used titles.

Also:

School Rumble Season 2 (SAVE) $13.99

After buying a new CD from goHastings, they didn't treat it any differently than any used CD.  The jewel case came a bit cracked, but the price was far cheaper than Target.

I have never had a problem with used DVDs though so I wouldn't worry about taking a chance with it especially if you've bought DVDs from them before.  It will not be gutted like their new video games are/can be.

All of the typesetting things you're asking for aren't possible because the subtitle standard for DVDs and Blu-rays is shit. You obviously have no idea how broken and difficult subtitling DVDs and Blu-rays is, let alone trying to do anything fancy.

The only release I would've liked seeing fancy subtitle for would've been One piece, because the original fansub I saw years ago used really cool animations with the way their subs went on screen.  But, as Razzuel said the only way they could do that is if they hard wired the subtitles onto the screen as part of the video file, and no one wants subtitles you can't remove.

To go on what Dark_Sage was saying, I believe what he was getting it was what HE would like to see. We obviously know that Funimation is nailed down on their own style and that it won't be changing it anytime soon. There is nothing wrong with suggesting on what a person wants from a company. I don't recall him saying that that Funimation makes crappy releases... yeah, some aren't perfect (*cough D.Gray-Man *cough*) but I think every company has it's bumps along the way.

The only release I would've liked seeing fancy subtitle for would've been One piece, because the original fansub I saw years ago used really cool animations with the way their subs went on screen. But, as Razzuel said the only way they could do that is if they hard wired the subtitles onto the screen as part of the video file, and no one wants subtitles you can't remove.
Yeah, that would be Kaizoku Fansubs. I knew those guys well at one time. High quality releases with some awesome subtitle animations for attacks. I believe they are still around, but their releases were slow due to them going the extra mile on all of their releases. I think Funimation let those guys slide in terms of fansubbing since they were the #1 source for uncut OP while 4kids was giving it a bad name.

But yeah... I think Funimation has already beaten them in terms of releases.

People took issue with the fact that DS said these should be industry standards and that anyone who doesn't should not be in the business.

Of course, he then stated a company which was on life support 5 years ago and officially closed up shop last year.

Not Funimation, their prices are generally reasonable. Aniplex was who I was referring to.

All of the typesetting things you're asking for aren't possible because the subtitle standard for DVDs and Blu-rays is shit. You obviously have no idea how broken and difficult subtitling DVDs and Blu-rays is, let alone trying to do anything fancy.
Oh? Would you like to tell me about how typesetting on blu-rays is impossible? I'd love to hear this one. Go on.

Oh? Would you like to tell me about how typesetting on blu-rays is impossible? I'd love to hear this one. Go on.
You can do different fonts and colors, but making it animated and doing different stuff with it requires way more work than most companies would be willing to do. And while most fonts work on Blu-ray players, you will find very few companies anywhere in the world using anything but generic sans-serif (if using English or another roman language) fonts.

You can do different fonts and colors, but making it animated and doing different stuff with it requires way more work than most companies would be willing to do. And while most fonts work on Blu-ray players, you will find very few companies anywhere in the world using anything but generic sans-serif (if using English or another roman language) fonts.
Motion is easy, and your last point comes out of nowhere and has no grounding in a meaningful argument. "Most companies don't use many fonts, so why should Funimation?" Really?

Seriously, typesetting is only hard when you talk about *good* typesetting. The "professional" stuff doesn't even approach amateur territory. (I will take that slightly back only for Crunchyroll whose typesetting I would say is solidly amateur, since they aren't allowed multiple fonts.)

Back to topic, ....ermm.....Updated the OP with current deals.

Funimation sale on rightstuf (Meh....) Sentai sale on Deepdiscount (Buy 2 get 1, pretty good) 

And time for me to start watching Shiki after having had it for a while now.

If people are just going to complain about publishers, and how they do business you can just make a thread in the shopping discussion forum, but I really don't feel it's necessary to be doing it in this thread.

You can comment all you want on a deal, but seriously the constant bitching is starting to get old.

We get it, you don't like so-so, and this and that, and yadda yadda yadda.  Please leave it out of this thread, and take it somewhere else.

I really rather not have to have a mod intervene in this thread because of this type of garbage that perpetually happens each and every time there's a post about a Sentai release posted in this thread.  Just get over it.

If people are just going to complain about publishers, and how they do business you can just make a thread in the shopping discussion forum, but I really don't feel it's necessary to be doing it in this thread.

You can comment all you want on a deal, but seriously the constant bitching is starting to get old.

We get it, you don't like so-so, and this and that, and yadda yadda yadda. Please leave it out of this thread, and take it somewhere else.

I really rather not have to have a mod intervene in this thread because of this type of garbage that perpetually happens each and every time there's a post about a Sentai release posted in this thread. Just get over it.
If you only want deals to be posted and discussed, then maybe you should start with your own posts instead of your incessant whining.

I for one think the quality of a product is a significant part of whether or not a sale on said product is a deal. I'm sorry to see you disagree.

Motion is easy, and your last point comes out of nowhere and has no grounding in a meaningful argument. "Most companies don't use many fonts, so why should Funimation?" Really?
OK, flip it around. Why should FUNimation, Sentai, Viz, etc. use fancy subtitles? Would it guarentee enough profits to justify the pay increase that would go to the guy in charge of choosing fonts and making them animated, as well as the company the guy he works for? Not to mention testing to make sure said animations and fonts are readable on all kinds of TVs and Blu-ray players without needing a firmware update? Or, if a firmware update is needed, to pay each manufacturer to have said update uploaded to their servers? Plus paying more for the actual authoring. Not to mention any extra legal requirements and possible extra fee to the Japanese licensor.

FUNimation is large for an anime company, but they can't take extra losses the way other companies can. Hence why their sets are in generic cases rather than the thinpaks they used to use while the slipcovers are flat with a giant blue bar instead of embossed, foil, glossy, or lenticular like most other slips are. And Viz and Sentai spend even less on their discs. Hell, Sentai barely makes a profit.

Never mind the inevitable fan backlash from people who want a basic readable font with no frills.

So, what are the advantages to using fancy subtitles other than "it looks nice"?

EDIT: Sorry for continuing the OT.

On-Topic, several anime sets are marked down 25% at SecondSpin and can be combined with the 30% off order. Got DBZ Kai Seasons 1 and 2 for $19 each and FMA Brotherhood Collection 1 for $21.

This is not an anime deal but manga.  Emanga.com is having a promotion where they will give you a $7.95 credit for registering as a new member and sending them a receipt of a purchased ebook from another retailer.  They don't exactly have a mainstream catalogue but they are one of the few retailers that let you download the ebook to your computer.  I downloaded the free volume 1 of Give My Regards to Black Jack.  I download the mobi and cbz versions.  The mobi worked both in the Kindle pc app and Kindle android app. The cbz works in CDisplay on pc and PerfectViewer for android.

Also Amazon has all of the Japanese kindle volumes for Give My Regards to Black Jack for free.

I've never whined a day in my life.

OK, flip it around. Why should FUNimation, Sentai, Viz, etc. use fancy subtitles? Would it guarentee enough profits to justify the pay increase that would go to the guy in charge of choosing fonts and making them animated, as well as the company the guy he works for? Not to mention testing to make sure said animations and fonts are readable on all kinds of TVs and Blu-ray players without needing a firmware update? Or, if a firmware update is needed, to pay each manufacturer to have said update uploaded to their servers? Plus paying more for the actual authoring. Not to mention any extra legal requirements and possible extra fee to the Japanese licensor.

FUNimation is large for an anime company, but they can't take extra losses the way other companies can. Hence why their sets are in generic cases rather than the thinpaks they used to use while the slipcovers are flat with a giant blue bar instead of embossed, foil, glossy, or lenticular like most other slips are. And Viz and Sentai spend even less on their discs. Hell, Sentai barely makes a profit.

Never mind the inevitable fan backlash from people who want a basic readable font with no frills.

So, what are the advantages to using fancy subtitles other than "it looks nice"?
The only advantage of visual quality is visual quality. So yes, the advantage is "it looks nice". I believe that's something people pay for these days. But I must be wrong, considering the great state of the anime industry these days.

Of course they aren't making a profit, cuz people like me don't buy their shit. And you aren't helping them make a profit either, since you don't buy stuff at retail.

You know who is making a profit? Aniplex and NISA. I will buy their products day 1, because Aniplex knows how to encode and NISA knows how to package. Funi and Sentai offer nothing of value. I offered ways for them to improve in this thread, but it seems you're more interested in circlejerking over how great dem animes is than actually discussing what a quality product is.

Gohastings is running a 2 day sale, 30% off a lot of  used products, Including Manga and Anime with the code mileysighrus.

Mostly all of the stuff I have gotten (Anime and Manga wise) have come in great condition. I do reccomend if you are a cheapy like myself!

You know, if possible, can these posts be moved to the Anime and Manga thread?

The only advantage of visual quality is visual quality. So yes, the advantage is "it looks nice". I believe that's something people pay for these days. But I must be wrong, considering the great state of the anime industry these days.
Yes, because fancy subtitles which are already only viewed by a minority of anime fans anyways will completely revitalize the industry despite the majority of anime viewers watching the English dub only.

The anime industry collapsed because the fairweather fans grew out of it while Japanese companies screwed over the US companies every way they could. Also, networks like CN started drifting away from acquired material in favor of homegrown stuff. Anime was a fad, now it's a niche. A large niche, but still a niche.

Of course they aren't making a profit, cuz people like me don't buy their shit. And you aren't helping them make a profit either, since you don't buy stuff at retail.
You do realize you are in the minority of the minority, right?

And nobody buys any DVDs or Blu-rays at retail anymore. Even FYE takes 50% off a giant chunk of their TV box sets.

You know who is making a profit? Aniplex and NISA. I will buy their products day 1, because Aniplex knows how to encode and NISA knows how to package. Funi and Sentai offer nothing of value. I offered ways for them to improve in this thread, but it seems you're more interested in circlejerking over how great dem animes is than actually discussing what a quality product is.
Aniplex USA exists because they are tired of reverse importers. After all, importing a FUNimation Blu-ray, even at retail prices, is far cheaper than buying an Aniplex release. They also don't bother with US B&M retailers, which lowers the cost of spending even more.

And while many companies make extra profits from collectors, the bread and butter of DVD and Blu-ray sales come from the generic no-frills version.

You know, if possible, can these posts be moved to the Anime and Manga thread?

Yes, because fancy subtitles which are already only viewed by a minority of anime fans anyways will completely revitalize the industry despite the majority of anime viewers watching the English dub only.

The anime industry collapsed because the fairweather fans grew out of it while Japanese companies screwed over the US companies every way they could. Also, networks like CN started drifting away from acquired material in favor of homegrown stuff. Anime was a fad, now it's a niche. A large niche, but still a niche.

You do realize you are in the minority of the minority, right?

And nobody buys any DVDs or Blu-rays at retail anymore. Even FYE takes 50% off a giant chunk of their TV box sets.

Aniplex USA exists because they are tired of reverse importers. After all, importing a FUNimation Blu-ray, even at retail prices, is far cheaper than buying an Aniplex release. They also don't bother with US B&M retailers, which lowers the cost of spending even more.

And while many companies make extra profits from collectors, the bread and butter of DVD and Blu-ray sales come from the generic no-frills version.
If the minority is people who care about quality products, then yes. I know that. This thread is a perfect example.

Also, I think MovieStop's Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Used Anime DVDs (no Blu-rays, sadly) should be added. Just got back from there and they had Ga-Rei-Zero for $12, Battle Girls Time Paradox for $10, Burst Angel for $10, and Welcome to the NHK (thinpak) for $13.

For those aching for some Gundam titles, SecondSpin has these sets for 30% off with the code 30SEPTSS

SEED Set 1 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2715624
SEED Set 2 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2747786
SEED Destiny Set 1 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2856563
SEED Destiny Set 2 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2856513
Char's Counterattack (Anime Movie Classics) - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2661858
Char's Counterattack (Original) - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2385606
OG Gundam Movie Trilogy - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2916129
Zeta Gundam Set 2 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2802293

They also have all 7 parts of Gundam 00, mostly regular versions but some with the manga.

They also have the SEED Movie Trilogy and the Blu-ray of the 00 Movie, but both are about $100.

For those aching for some Gundam titles, SecondSpin has these sets for 30% off with the code 30SEPTSS

SEED Set 1 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2715624
SEED Set 2 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2747786
SEED Destiny Set 1 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2856563
SEED Destiny Set 2 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2856513
Char's Counterattack (Anime Movie Classics) - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2661858
Char's Counterattack (Original) - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2385606
OG Gundam Movie Trilogy - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2916129
Zeta Gundam Set 2 - https://www.secondspin.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2802293

They also have all 7 parts of Gundam 00, mostly regular versions but some with the manga.

They also have the SEED Movie Trilogy and the Blu-ray of the 00 Movie, but both are about $100.
I would have really liked to pick up zeta gundam set 2. I need the last chapter, which is very expensive. This set would have been a good alternative.

Does anyone know if Queen's Blade: S1 or S2 ever gone special or sale for cheaper than $20 or $25?
If you are looking for those on bluray, make sure you do some research on how they work with your bluray player first. I had S1 and it would not run on my original 60 GB PS3, but it worked on another Sony bluray player just fine. Apparently that is a known issue with that, and it was not just my copy.

Gohastings is running a 2 day sale, 30% off a lot of used products, Including Manga and Anime with the code mileysighrus.

Mostly all of the stuff I have gotten (Anime and Manga wise) have come in great condition. I do reccomend if you are a cheapy like myself!
I have to second this. I remember getting the second season of the original FMA on DVD (the one with all of the little artbooks with each set) and it came in awesome condition. I got the OVA on the side used, but they sent me a new one... best of all it was only $3! I'll have to check them out for this sale. Thanks for posting it!

EDIT: After scanning through my wishlists, I managed to find Gai-Rei-Zero on Blu. Got it about $21. Also had to get two filler movies to get the discounted price (just got two random $3 blus). Not a bad deal though...

FUNi's DVDs, provided the Japanese studio provides a good master, are pretty good. Not Disney-level, but well done.

Hey guys,

I got a question. I'm relatively new to anime and wanted to get the Rurouni Kenshin complete series. I've looked on Amazon and eBay and found a couple of different ones.

Can you guys tell me what the difference is between these two?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EIPPHO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1VD744X5G2NTXAG31SF3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00393SFW0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i6?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1VD744X5G2NTXAG31SF3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

The one in the first link I saw on a few ebay stores for about $50. Are they the same?

Hey guys,

I got a question. I'm relatively new to anime and wanted to get the Rurouni Kenshin complete series. I've looked on Amazon and eBay and found a couple of different ones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EIPPHO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1VD744X5G2NTXAG31SF3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00393SFW0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i6?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1VD744X5G2NTXAG31SF3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

The one in the first link I saw on a few ebay stores for about $50. Are they the same?
the second link is the official release, while the first is some bootleg knock off. The one in the second link is out of print and thats why its so expensive but its official.

the second link is the official release, while the first is some bootleg knock off. The one in the second link is out of print and thats why its so expensive but its official.
Ahh ok. Thanks for the info.

I'll have to think about which one to get. I'm not really a collector, I'd just like to watch it as I've heard its good. But I don't want the knock off to have crappy quality.

I'll have to think about which one to get. I'm not really a collector, I'd just like to watch it as I've heard its good. But I don't want the knock off to have crappy quality.
series is amazing. Thats actually the cheapest price ive seen for the whole series in awhile. The third season is all filler though and its not very good. The first season some filler in it as well but the second season is amazing with the new kyoto arc. One of my favorite series of all time.

Yea, don't get the third series. The Meiji season sucks hard.

The old Premium box sets are nice, but the DVDs are in sleeves and the top of the case has nothing to keep it closed. The Economy sets are just a regular clamshell case.

The old Premium box sets are nice, but the DVDs are in sleeves and the top of the case has nothing to keep it closed. The Economy sets are just a regular clamshell case.
You mean the bento box ones? The boxes were awesome the card board sleeves where not. I swapped them out with some thinkpak cases but the damage was already done to the discs. Always meant to replace them never got around to doing it.

Hey guys,

I don't know if the price has gone up but I was able to get almost all the single volume releases from gohastings a couple year ago for a dollar or two each during one of their free shipping code promotions. I was able to fill in the missing pieces on ebay or amazon for around $15 or so. The prices for some of the individual releases may have gone up since then but its worth a shot if you have some extra shelf space compared to the hundo you'd be dropping on the complete series

Someone pointed out that it was bootleg in the comments. Typically you look for the release being region free and an unusually cheap price. If its too good to be true it usually isn't.

I've heard horror stories from those Chinese bootlegs in quality. Some look like fuzzy VHS rips so I mean, if you are into that sort of quality... Oh, and the subs (if you are planning on watching it in Japanese) can be VERY bad in bootlegs since well, english isn't really their best thing... But yeah, sticking way too many episodes on one DVD will make the quality suffer a lot.

bread's done
Back