Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
discotek-news.jpg

Highlights

Just to list some of the bigger titles, but for all the highlights click the link above,

Cutie Honey DVD Complete Collection (S) (Original 1973 TV Series) $35.99

Lovely Complex (Love*Com) DVD Complete Series (S) $29.97

GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka The Animation DVD Complete Series (Hyb) $47.97

Kyatto-Ninden Teyandee (Legendary Ninja Cats) DVD Complete Series (S) $41.97

Lupin the 3rd: First TV Series DVD Complete Collection (S) $35.97

Full List

So i know i'm reaching here is there anyway of getting the Hajime No ippo boxsets in America without paying a high price? I always wanted to get the series for my dad but i know it's rare to find those 2 box sets. 

So i know i'm reaching here is there anyway of getting the Hajime No ippo boxsets in America without paying a high price? I always wanted to get the series for my dad but i know it's rare to find those 2 box sets.
Probably not. Honestly it isn't going to be a easy series to get ahold of at any price by now. Best advice I can give you, I would say your best bet is to try to track down the singles instead of the boxsets. Yeah it's more of a pain but the overall difference in cost might make it worth it to you. Try hitting up some fye shops they had a bunch of leftovers after Geneon closed it's doors and they had them cheap. If I didn't already have the entire series, I could have nearly put togethere a near complete set from the singles at my nearest fye at $5 a pop, less if they had a buy 2 get 1 free sale going on. Those things sat there hidden for ages, until a month or two ago when someone else finally noticed and nabbed every last one of them :)

Crunchyroll is still doing the blind box today, but they added another mystery package.

2 random iphone cases.

Right stuff has a random DVD or two of Hajime no Ippo, other than tht you can try amazon or ebay but it will be pretty expensive.

I'm mad I missed out on getting the rest of Ippo and the CardCaptor Sakura box set.

WTK posted in the mania forums that dvdplanet is having a sale on several sentai titles

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Search/Guided/section+23

I've never bought from them so I'm still thinking about it but several blus are $25 and change.
I think WTK was sparing me, and my wallet....

mm7u.png

~_~

And dvdplanet is actually part of the DD family, so basically same rules apply. In stock, you great, backordered, not so much, may take awhile, etc, etc.

There's actually some really good prices in there. If I didn't preorder a dozen PS4/Xbones, I'd be all over this sale....Square did you just drop $750 on Anime?

What in the holy... lol. I know someone isn't buying a XB1/PS4.

Sentai titles are usually ALWAYS expensive and this deal is indeed a steal. So tempted on bite on some things... maybe not as many as Square did but still a few.
I'm going to be taking an Asia tour at the start of next year, so I needed to "save" a little for the trip, so no new gen systems for me.

A week and a half in Japan is going to be the most expensive part of that trip. ~_~

I only spent half that, mainly because I did Blu-ray only. Picked up a bunch of Patlabor and some pre-orders.
Mine were all blus too, but unfortunately blus are harder to come by for me since I don't have any good used media stores around me anymore, so I basically have to do them all online, which is like pulling teeth sometimes when you don't have much time on hand. Wish I had an FYE, or Suncoast still around me like you do DNukem. T__T

Slightly, but your finds always seem to make the trip worth it...jerk :*(
Apparently there is a guy who goes into Suncoast and trades in a bunch of anime there. He is on a first-name basis with the staff.

Unfortunately, they're sticklers for fine print, so they won't combine e-mailed coupons with whatever Used sale is going on like the FYE does.

Also, I DO live in the city that hosts the largest anime convention on the East Coast...

DVD Planet does have some great deals. Just picked up Queen's Blade Rebellion and Ninja Scroll on Blu-ray for around $35. 

Well, got about $100 in Blus. Had some trouble using the site in Chrome so I switched over to Firefox where it worked fine.  Got Fate/Stay Night (complete) on Blu to replace my DVDs (which I'll sell now), Elfen Lied, Ninja Scroll, and last part of Penguindrum since I vowed to only buy it if it was cheap since it has a embarrassingly bad dub. 

I happen to have an FYE close by, but it is in a shopping mall with inflated prices and I've never thought about going in them to look for anime (especially since their in-store CD prices are always so awful - they are far higher than their online prices).  Still...when are the usual "trying to get rid of this" Used sales?

I'm thinking about Clannad - I'm not as indecisive as I was in the past at least!  I can't damage myself with Ghost in the Shell, whatever Gundams I decide to watch, or ToV: The First Strike.

WTK posted in the mania forums that dvdplanet is having a sale on several sentai titles

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Search/Guided/section+23

I've never bought from them so I'm still thinking about it but several blus are $25 and change.

really nice prices, even on preorders... but I've been trying to cut way back on my anime spending, not to mention I'm really trying to cut back on Sentai releases. I will say that if Casshan had the same % off as the other preorders I'd probably pick it up but as it stands it's only a few cents cheaper than what it would be at rightstuf during a studio sale.

I was tempted on Another but I found it to be a very dry series. It's not terrible, but it doesn't really keep you hooked. 

I happen to have an FYE close by, but it is in a shopping mall with inflated prices and I've never thought about going in them to look for anime (especially since their in-store CD prices are always so awful - they are far higher than their online prices). Still...when are the usual "trying to get rid of this" Used sales?
Typically the store will have something like B2G1 Free or B1G1 50% Off every week, with most Sentai and newer FUNi stuff around $40-$42 Used for the Blu-rays and $30-$35 for DVDs. During big shopping holidays (including all military holidays), if you are signed up for their newsletter you get a coupon in your e-mail to take an additional 25-30% Off. And then there's the 10% off discount card.

Last year they also ran a sale where all S.A.V.E. sets were 50% off New multiple times, but I haven't seen it much this year.

Typically the store will have something like B2G1 Free or B1G1 50% Off every week, with most Sentai and newer FUNi stuff around $40-$42 Used for the Blu-rays and $30-$35 for DVDs. During big shopping holidays (including all military holidays), if you are signed up for their newsletter you get a coupon in your e-mail to take an additional 25-30% Off. And then there's the 10% off discount card.

Last year they also ran a sale where all S.A.V.E. sets were 50% off New multiple times, but I haven't seen it much this year.
Thank you very much - again! In this case, I will take a trip one day before the holidays and just see what happens and I won't buy Clannad for now.

Picked up three series Campione, Majikoi and Un Go. There were a lot of tempting tiles but they mostly would have been blind buys like the Patlabor series which seems like a great deal for such a recent release. 

Thanks for the info on the sale!

Had around $400 in cart, but cut it down to around $150 for 5 of them.

Would order more, but some of the preorders are unavailable to add to cart :/

I make pretty good money with my job, system admin, but you guys must be crushing me given what your spending...or you don't live in Chicago where you're taxed on taxes and then taxed some more. Lousy spendocrats

Any thoughts on whether Humanity Has Declined (Blu-ray) would be worth it at $29.29?
Haven't seen it personally, but have heard good things on it. Would be worth the price if you were interested in it!

And is it even letting you add it to you cart? A couple preorders wouldn't let me do so.

Haven't seen it personally, but have heard good things on it. Would be worth the price if you were interested in it!

And is it even letting you add it to you cart? A couple preorders wouldn't let me do so.
I didn't try adding it to my cart, and I'm not at my laptop right now (posting from my phone), so I'll try once I'm able.

Man, the dvd planet sale is tempting as hell, but I'm gonna risk it and hope that right stuf matches some of this stuff for either black friday or the 12 days of christmas. I just hate having to deal with deep discount or its sister company.

Man, the dvd planet sale is tempting as hell, but I'm gonna risk it and hope that right stuf matches some of this stuff for either black friday or the 12 days of christmas. I just hate having to deal with deep discount or its sister company.
This is exactly the reason why the only thing that interests me in this sale is a not-yet-released title that releases Christmas week. :whistle2:|

EDIT: Dang, it looks like I can't even add Humanity Has Declined to my cart, but I could have sworn I was able to this afternoon...Looks like I'll be sitting this sale out, then.

As for everyone that is having issues with DVD Planet, switch browsers. I'm sure most of you good people are using Chrome and my problems with the cart and saving my information went away when I completed my order in FIrefox.

Crunchyroll mystery box is back up. Anyone that has purchased it before have any opinions? I'm thinking about grabbing one...
Since you asked: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/315734-anime-steals-and-deals-amazon-rightstuf-ddetc/page-26#entry11179239

Even though I didn't buy one before, I saw the results of the guys who got it last year. It's just basically the singles that were collecting dust at Right Stuf and they toss in random ones.

I have Queen's Blade Rebellion (don't judge me), World god only knows seasons 2, and Children who chase lost voices in my cart. May also get K-on season 2 parts 1 and 2 and the movie before the sale is over. Just waiting for rightstuf to ship my pre-orders which are starting to pile up.

I have Queen's Blade Rebellion (don't judge me), World god only knows seasons 2, and Children who chase lost voices in my cart. May also get K-on season 2 parts 1 and 2 and the movie before the sale is over. Just waiting for rightstuf to ship my pre-orders which are starting to pile up.
*Looks at his only anime pvc ever being Kanu from Ikki Tousen* :whistle2:

bread's done
Back