Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't look like the cart is working anymore, I can't even checkout, lol.

I guess it's not a huge loss since I would just be buying doubles of everything, but still a hell of a deal. ^__^

Placed my anime order around 7:30 AM CST (ordered Disney Infinity Starter Set PS3 and Pokemon X before that). I hope I make it out like a bandit with the following, all for $12

-Spice and Wolf Complete BD+DVD
-Soul Eater Complete BD
-Aria Scarlet Ammo BD+DVD
-Control [C] BD+DVD

I was tempted to double up on some of that stuff for eBay purposes, but I only got stuff I didn't currently have on Blu, though many I had watched before.

I got Diablo 3 and three copies of Pokemon Y for Christmas gifts (site to store). I'm waiting on my anime order but I won't be too bummed if it gets cancelled. It's still in the processing stage since I decided to get them shipped. The game order pulling through alone was awesome, but I did miss out on the extreme deals such dirt cheap HDTVs, a 33 dollar treadmill, $9 LCD monitors, etc. 

I haven't received either a shipping confirmation or cancellation yet, though I fully expect a cancellation.  It wasn't until after I placed an order for anime this morning that I found out how big this was.  Crazy. 

BTW, Amazon's listing for DBZ Season 1 has the cover art, as well as Seasons 2 and 3 cover art. Looks awesome. Much better than the orange blobs.

That is good to know then, and looks as if both of mine are too!

And not a deal at all, but anybody else remember how crunchyroll was announced to come to the Vita? Haven't heard anything in regards to it at all, so I tend to pester the support team every once in a while asking them about it :)

This time they said, and I quote - "We are still awaiting a launch announcement. Please keep an eye on the site for any news!"

Really wish it would come to it
If the PS Vita TV ever comes out in NA, I'm sure they'll have the app ready for that launch at least.

Don't know how long it will last, or if it is a glitch, but Walmart has the two Clannad Blu Rays on sale for......$12 each.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Clannad-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray-Widescreen/17492261

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Clannad-After-Story-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/20976034

Hurry up and order Folks!
Holy crap, what did I miss? T_T (shows $48-51 each for me)

Got shipping confirmation on the Clannad Blu Rays, but everything else is still processing.
Sounds like some went through and most cancelled? Man, I wanted some of those really bad.

It's too bad Sentai's quality assurance is so terrible, otherwise I'd be ordering some of their stuff whenever it goes on sale. Now I just wait for other people to buy their stuff and do their QA for them, but even if a release isn't defective, I still haven't bought anything from Sentai in a while, since they're also pretty disrespectful and uncaring in person.

My anime order is still processing... I chose the free shipping due to being charged nearly $5 in sales tax, but eh, let's see if this happens.

Order was just cancelled. They are giving me $10 in credit as a "sorry". Meh... well, at least I got my game order in. Oh well.

EDIT 3: My order still exists as "processing". Did everyone that got cancelled e-mails get a similar e-mail but still have their orders as processing on the website?

BTW, Amazon's listing for DBZ Season 1 has the cover art, as well as Seasons 2 and 3 cover art. Looks awesome. Much better than the orange blobs.
Ugh, I was under the impression that this was a re-release of the first level box sets. It seems that they are cropping the anime again to save costs and to sell it for cheaper. The crop probably isn't as bad as before, but I won't be burned twice by Funimation for an inferior release. Cancelled.

I have one being shipped-to-store successfully, and no clue about the other three.

Anyway, thank you 3GSid for your post!  I would have only attempted to order DW8 without it.

I didn't get a "Sorry" coupon...

Ugh, I was under the impression that this was a re-release of the first level box sets. It seems that they are cropping the anime again to save costs and to sell it for cheaper. The crop probably isn't as bad as before, but I won't be burned twice by Funimation for an inferior release. Cancelled.
I still maintain it is an order from Toei. Though considering how often the series gets cropped so much in Japan, they would probably be used to it.

Got my Walmart email. Though my second order has not been cancelled yet.

I wonder, if I had ordered all these separately, would I have gotten a gift card for each order?

My 25 anime blu package arrived from dvdplanet today, and it was shipped UPS. ^__^

Now just waiting on the rest to arrive/ship/release. :D

My second order was cancelled, the first one will not be.  I got the first Clannad Blu (and DW8 but that game will be like $25 used in no time anyway) - that's plenty for me.  :D

I also received the email from Wal-Mart for an e-gift card.  Sorry to those who didn't get their orders (except for the obvious people).

I have one being shipped-to-store successfully, and no clue about the other three.

Anyway, thank you 3GSid for your post! I would have only attempted to order DW8 without it.
You know I was thinking about doing that but I didn't feel like riding to the store since shipping was free. I wonder if that would have made a difference? I guess we'll never know... oh well. =)

It wouldn't. My Clannad order was Ship-to-Store and was cancelled.

EDIT: My 2nd order was mostly cancelled. Summer Wars shipped, but nothing else. At least they kept the free shipping

Pics or it never happened. lol
FT3Y7WT.jpg

You know I was thinking about doing that but I didn't feel like riding to the store since shipping was free. I wonder if that would have made a difference? I guess we'll never know... oh well. =)
I don't think so IMHO - sorry. My first order was well below free shipping so I just figured that a trip to Walmart won't hurt and it was placed at 4:30AM or something.

My second order was ship-to-store (two Blus) and got cancelled (which I put in at 8:30 or so).

It wouldn't. My Clannad order was Ship-to-Store and was cancelled.

EDIT: My 2nd order was mostly cancelled. Summer Wars shipped, but nothing else. At least they kept the free shipping
Seriously? That sucks... Clannad is a great anime!

sig.jpg

No go with Walmart instore pick up.  Kinda surprised deepdiscount received my deepdiscount movies in the mail today.  Another set, Golgo 13 Set and Elfen Lied ;)

I got the free shipping so I'm not expecting it for a while. Where are they located and if you got free shipping, did they use a bubble envelope or a box? I got two fairly large orders so I'm hoping that they are packed nicely.

I used free shipping, and it depends on the size of your order.

The first portion that shipped was 20+ blus, so it had to be in a box.

The ones after were in the cardboard padding, the ones where it seals it around the items inside, and that was for 3 blus.

The large order though that came in the box was packed pretty tightly, and there were the air pockets they threw in there too, so it was adequately packaged.  None of them arrived with any dents or anything to that effect.

Thanks to DNukem170, I did manage to go to the closest FYE.  They were having a Funimation sale there and I picked up Shuffle (in case anybody else's store is having it too), but at least one person in my area knows what they are doing since outside of the sale, the stuff I was looking for in the cheap DVDs was picked clean.

Shuffle was 14.99, Sands of Destruction was 9.99...all of them were either 9.99 or 14.99.

Thanks to DNukem170, I did manage to go to the closest FYE. They were having a Funimation sale there and I picked up Shuffle (in case anybody else's store is having it too), but at least one person in my area knows what they are doing since outside of the sale, the stuff I was looking for in the cheap DVDs was picked clean.

Shuffle was 14.99, Sands of Destruction was 9.99...all of them were either 9.99 or 14.99.
I got a spare of the game for DS I believe if memory serves. (sand of destruction)

That was weird. Was just in Best Buy and they had Eureka Seven AO Part 2, Sakura Wars the Movie (DVD only o_O), Naruto Shippuden 16, and Blood C movie in their New Release stand. They were regular price, but still...

www.amazon.com/shops/momoka

This Amazon storefront is selling Japan blus and dvds for relatively cheap. I've seen bluray and dvd sets selling for $50.41 if you folks are interested in that.

Edit: Nevermind I just got WALMART'D with an incorrect price mistake email.

www.amazon.com/shops/momoka

This Amazon storefront is selling Japan blus and dvds for relatively cheap. I've seen bluray and dvd sets selling for $50.41 if you folks are interested in that.

Edit: Nevermind I just got WALMART'D with an incorrect price mistake email.
I'm surprised they caught it so fast.

Last time I got in on a huge pricing mistake with a third party seller, they shipped 20 of my items before they realized they screwed up, and then cancelled the rest of the titles I wanted.

Curse that seller, and their quick reactions to fix prices, and not be prompt with shipping!

I'm surprised they caught it so fast.

Last time I got in on a huge pricing mistake with a third party seller, they shipped 20 of my items before they realized they screwed up, and then cancelled the rest of the titles I wanted.

Curse that seller, and their quick reactions to fix prices, and not be prompt with shipping!
I don't blame the seller. It's a new (and probably small mom and pop) storefront and they probably used shoddy software to list their products. I mean these were Walmart-esque deals we're talking about here. What pricing error did you get in on?

They probably realized something was screwy when they were flooded with orders.

bread's done
Back