Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't get why sentai keeps dubbing shows that make dragon ball GT look like an amazing piece of story telling (Amnesia) that no one in their right mind should buy period let alone pay to buy a dub for and ignore shows that are fairly decent and a dub could actually increase sales (henneko)

I have to imagine it's some sort of contract thing where to get one show they have to get another show and dub it... but man... no show is worth taking Amnesia for ><;
When I saw Busou Shinki I read Busou Renkin and got excited :( Was that ever released on blu? I enjoyed that show.

When I saw Busou Shinki I read Busou Renkin and got excited :( Was that ever released on blu? I enjoyed that show.
Good to see I'm not the only one that read it as that. Then remembered Viz still has the rights to that and charges less than what Sentai normally sells their DVDs for.

In for Henneko and Titan! I liked Dog & Scissors but not enough to buy a DVD for it.
Yeah, good see Henneko and Dog & Scissors getting a release. Although I figured Dogs & Scissors will be sub-only, since it's somewhat mediocre title that's not really worth buying.

Really don't know if it's worth it to buy Samurai Bride, as the 2nd season was pretty underwhelming compared to the 1st season.

Concerning the Psycho-Pass Premium Edition

Via WTK http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums...O-PASS&p=230587&viewfull=1#post230587

I inquired the lopsided artbox issue with TRSI. I was told that FUNimation will be issuing replacement artboxes. I'm sure TRSI will post the details on their site once they are available.
Via RightStufSpecialsMinion - http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums...O-PASS&p=230634&viewfull=1#post230634

Sorry about the miscommunication that seems to be going on. We've been talking with Funi over the course of the day about ways to handle this and I'm guessing you two asked at different times. :) Right now, what we know is that Funimation has acknowledged a problem with the artbox for Psycho-Pass and is planning to make replacements. However, what we don't yet have worked out is the best way to get them to customers since so many of them have already shipped. We expect to have the details on that soon.

In the meantime, if you ordered a copy of the limited edition of Psycho-Pass and already received it, please bear with us as we get this resolved. If you ordered a copy but it hasn't shipped yet, we've put a hold on shipments of the set for now in case we can simply send you a corrected box soon instead of the lopsided box.

I think that about covers it, but if you have any questions of course you can either ask in this thread or send a note to our friendly Customer Care. :)

So apparently Discotek Media is actually bringing over the School Days anime, out June 24th, with subtitles.

Never saw this getting a release.

School Days....most innocently titled and yet most disturbing anime I've ever watched next to the retarded Umineko series. Which Saint Seiya is coming soon? Lost Canvas? That's the only one I've ever watched that's any good. Watching Omega on CR and well....it sucks.

Apparently Sentai is doing more experiments. Henneko and Maoyuu are going to be 1 single bluray instead of 2. I hope the quality doesn't suffer.

tried looking it up as i also heard it an just accepted it as always been like that. closest i found too a answerer was a wiki saying it part of United Kingdom slang, here a copy paste of some the slang.

Ready money (i.e. available cash) has for centuries been referred to in the United Kingdom as "rhino"; Brewer equates this term with "paying through the nose", rhino- being a Greek prefix referring to the nose, that is, paying in cash.[2] The related term "cash on the nail" is said to refer to 17th century trading stands in Bristol and elsewhere, over which deals were done and cash changed hands.[3] Other general terms for money include "bread" (cockney rhyming slang 'bread & honey', money. This also became dough, by derivation from the same root), "cabbage", "clam", "milk", "dosh", "dough", "shillings", "frogskins", "notes", "duckets", "loot", "bones", "coin", "folding stuff", "honk", "lolly", "lucre"/"filthy "Lucre", "moola/moolah", "paper", "scratch", "readies",
well that was certainly interesting

Apparently Sentai is doing more experiments. Henneko and Maoyuu are going to be 1 single bluray instead of 2. I hope the quality doesn't suffer.
Well, it isn't unprecedented. WB's Blu-rays cram 12-13 episodes per disc as well (26 for Adventure Time and Regular Show).

Important Information For Customers Who Ordered PSYCHO-PASS Premium Edition
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000006506

"We have been made aware of a manufacturing issue with the artbox for the PSYCHO-PASS Season 1 Blu-ray Complete Collection Premium Edition. Customers have noticed the artbox does not stand up straight when removed from the shrink wrap packaging.

After contacting the publisher, they have acknowledged this is indeed a design flaw, and are working to manufacture replacement boxes. This process will take approximately 4-6 weeks. If you would like a replacement box for your PSYCHO-PASS Season 1 Blu-ray Complete Collection Premium Edition and have ordered from Right Stuf, please contact us via email, live chat, or the form on our website and we will put in a replacement order for no additional charge.

Customers who did not purchase through Right Stuf will need to contact FUNimation directly.

Also as a result, orders that have not yet shipped have been placed on hold until we receive replacement boxes. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Care department through regular channels and we will be happy to assist you.

We expect to resume shipment and send replacement boxes in 4-6 weeks."

I'm still bitter about their shitty Penguindrum discs.
The Pengindrum release in general was just bad. Bad translation (subs), terrible dub, etc.

So what's going on with the Psycho Pass boxes? I've read about lopsided boxes but I haven't seen any of them yet. Kind of glad I went with the normal release now. I would've been annoyed if RS held back my order just so I could get a 2nd box.

I feel like I've cornered the Amazon.uk posting market :D

They recently put up a listing for the second half of their Fate/Zero releases.  To get p1SE and p2 will cost around $54 before shipping right now.  It may not happen as often on the UK site as it does the US one, but I do expect the price will drop at least a bit before release.

As always, I'll remind people that these are region B/2 discs and will require a multi-region player.

The Pengindrum release in general was just bad. Bad translation (subs), terrible dub, etc.

So what's going on with the Psycho Pass boxes? I've read about lopsided boxes but I haven't seen any of them yet. Kind of glad I went with the normal release now. I would've been annoyed if RS held back my order just so I could get a 2nd box.
I got an email from RS saying they were going to be sending me a new box as soon as they get in. Luckily my order was shipped last week so I do not have to wait.

I feel like I've cornered the Amazon.uk posting market :D

They recently put up a listing for the second half of their Fate/Zero releases. To get p1SE and p2 will cost around $54 before shipping right now. It may not happen as often on the UK site as it does the US one, but I do expect the price will drop at least a bit before release.

As always, I'll remind people that these are region B/2 discs and will require a multi-region player.
You know, I did eventually bite on the Blue Exorcist movie (UK). I didn't know they had Fate/Zero now... tempting.

The Complete Season sets are relatively rare (though apparently a bunch surfaced up as they are not going for as much as they used to) but the Parts are mostly cheap except for Season 2 Part 4.

So Deep Discount just cancelled my Serial Experiments Lain pre-order from during Black Friday. Those bastards. I need to call and try and get it reinstated.

Not sure if this has been posted but

Eureka seven sets are 1.26 cheaper for pre order than on amazon. And the limited edition one is almost $8 less. Free shipping on orders of $50 or more and tax free. This is nice if amazon charges tax in your state as they do mine. Can't say anything for funimations Shipping though.

Anyone know what comes with the le

What's the cheapest I'm gonna be paying for the Tenchi complete OVA collection on Blu Ray? The 5 disc set. I want to see the original episodes that aired on Toonami many years ago...

Amazon 3rd party has the non-LE for $40. DVD Planet has it for $36.81, but it says it is the Blu-ray only, so I have no idea what version that is. Probably a misprint since the MSRP is $64.98.

Quick question about Steins;Gate. I've never seen this anime but I just read a synopsis on it. It said, "approximately one year after the events at Chaos;Head..."

Are these two anime related in any way? I did see Chaos;head which I enjoyed amid the bad reviews.

One of the characters shows up in Gate, but you do not need to see Chaos;Head to understand Gate.

It's more like Cheers/Frasier or JAG/NCIS.

It's just like the other FUNi sets. Same discs, but without the fancy box and art cards.

Do note that the series is on 2 Blu-ray and 3 DVD, not all 5 discs.

New items arrived

IwJbeZk.jpg

an anime called pet girl eh.....well I prefer to let my imagination take over here....I fear the anime wouldn't live up to it's name.
that show is actually really good lol even though i know you are joking, its a great series and i strongly recommend it.

I'll second that. Pet Girl of Sakurasou is awesome. Really enjoyable and not fan-servicey....ok well, I might have to take that back, but it at least has meaning. I just found out that SAO 2 was announced (despite looking for the announcement and somehow missing it when the OAV came out!) and I'm stoked. Now that's a show I wish they cut out the unnecessary fan service and just focused on the plot/action. Most women don't wear tight shorts of any kind that squeeze their poon. That's starting to get old in these shows and manga.

bread's done
Back