Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured this would be a good thread to ask this question in.

Does anyone own a copy of the Macross Frontier Complete DVD set?  The one I'm specifically talking about is this one: http://www.shopanimedvd.com/product_info.php?products_id=7869

If so, I was wondering if anyone could attest to the quality of the product.  A few reviews I've found over the web say the subtitling is off, and missing in parts as well.  If there's a better product out there (at a reasonable price), I'd be more than happy to be informed of that as well.  

Figured this would be a good thread to ask this question in.

Does anyone own a copy of the Macross Frontier Complete DVD set? The one I'm specifically talking about is this one: http://www.shopanimedvd.com/product_info.php?products_id=7869

If so, I was wondering if anyone could attest to the quality of the product. A few reviews I've found over the web say the subtitling is off, and missing in parts as well. If there's a better product out there (at a reasonable price), I'd be more than happy to be informed of that as well.
It says region 0, which sounds like a bootleg to me.

It says region 0, which sounds like a bootleg to me.
Yeah, that's what I'm more inclined to believe after a bit more sleuthing around the net. Oh well, I guess I'll just stick to the subbed version I still have on my hard drive when the series was first being broadcast. Just had a strange urge to rewatch the series again and was wondering if there were any legit DVD/Bluray versions out. But doesn't seem like it's made it out of Japan.

I remember reading a thread about the weirdest reasons you ever started watching an anime and i thought of the Nyan Nyan song from Macross Frontier right away.

I have it, but I have the versions where the AonE subtitles were added to the DVDs. I'm right now in the process of getting the blurays which have the Thora subs added to them

I was wondering what you meant by pull out box for 1.11. After some Google searches, I'm now a little disappointed I don't have that version of 1.11. At least mine has a slipcase, so it doesn't look odd next to my 2.22 with the orange slip.
Have no fear. If you really want it a lot of dealers on Amazon are selling it and alls you have to do is send them a quick email and they can verify it for ya. It's easier to find the Blu Ray version on Amazon and the DVD on eBay. Granted they'll be used but there is always a chance someone has it new and can verify the pull out box. All have a slipcase as of now. The pull out box is so cool. Purple on the inside and Shinji and Rei on the outside. Orange 2.22 is sooooo nice the way it pulls out with Unit 2 and Asuka. ahhhahah

Man, I hated the orange cover for 2.22. Picked it up when it first came out at BB, though I did thoroughly enjoy the movie. Why can't Funi keep consistency for the movie releases? Sigh.
Because of supply and demand. It costs a lot to make those slipcovers so they eventually discontinue them and just give you a cheaper alternative or nothing at all. Same thing happens to blu rays. Wolf of Wall Street used to have a nice slipcover and now its just a regular blu ray case. Orange Slip was nice but I think they could've given a better color but since it featured Asuka Sohryu Langley it had to be orange. 3.33 blue cover looks nice tho

I've never seen so much fuss about a orange slipcover, lol. I bought it a few months after it came out and still got it, but dang guys, you really show some dedication to that paper.  :rofl:

PS. I also second that the Eva releases should have stayed consistent with releases. I actually really hate the original packaging that I got with Eva 1.11 as it doesn't blend well with the other stuff (blus mainly) on my shelf.

Oh, and I got The Devil is a Part Timer today. I was going to get the LE but settled with the Standard edition after DVD Planet aka Deep DIscount already claimed to have shipped it out. And since I hate dealing with returns with that company, I'll just live on without that extra cardboard, lol.

so those of you that are interested in the toradora dub but didn't buy the set... it seems that crunchyroll some how got the rights to stream toradora dubbed o_O

I actually despise the 2.22 and 3.33 covers. 1.11 is an awesome cover marred by the ugly blue bar.

Then again, I won't be looking at any of them as I will be stuffing them and the original movies in my Platinum tin. Huzzah!

These Fry's sales are always so awkward for the things I want to order.  If you buy two dvds that are under teh mark for free shipping, you need to add two more around the same price to prevent both of your filler items from being the ones it takes half off of.

I actually despise the 2.22 and 3.33 covers. 1.11 is an awesome cover marred by the ugly blue bar.

Then again, I won't be looking at any of them as I will be stuffing them and the original movies in my Platinum tin. Huzzah!
Damn you. I wish i had a plat tin. More so the whole plat set. Nevertheless I enjoy the current set of single volumes, directors cuts of 24-26, death & rebirth, end of eva, 1.11, 2.22 and soon 3.33.

Frys is running buy one get one half off for Funimation and Section 23.
Those sales are so weird. Most of the stuff is overpriced anyways. May dip and get Yu Yu Hakusho for 20 and the other season for 10

These Fry's sales are always so awkward for the things I want to order. If you buy two dvds that are under teh mark for free shipping, you need to add two more around the same price to prevent both of your filler items from being the ones it takes half off of.
Agreed. Fry's Anime Sales=Bad

Whelp. After calculating the cost of the remaining 4 editions of Gundam Wing I need plus Endless Waltz Special Edition it'd be more cost effective to buy the whole series again even though I already own 1-6. fuck.... any which way i can resell the volumes i own to fye for a whopping total of 44 dollars which would pay back what i would essentially put in for the series. allowing me to break even. anyone have luck selling to fye via mail?

I said the Fry's sale was awkward, I didn't say it was bad.  There's some good prices on the Sentai stuff so long as you can hit free shipping, or are willing to "lose" a couple of dollars by getting the two cheapest items free.  I picked up Heaven's Memo Pad and Cuticle Detective Inaba on blu ray and Idolmaster Xenoglossia on DVD.  Here's some of the stuff I thought was worth mentioning (since I stared at it long enough)

Psychic Squad 1-4: $45

K-On Season 2 blu:  $27

Idolmaster Xeno:  $19

Mahoromatic:  $10.50 (most awkward of the bunch, requires 4 more $7 for free shipping I suggest You're Under Arrest)

Fate Stay/Night blu:  $33

You're Under Arrest:  $9-10/season

Hey quick question for all you cheap ass animers out there. Is there a complete series or part of a series that's super good, must own on Amazon that's 20 bucks or under. I got 10 promotion credit that I thought id spend so any rec. helps. Was thinking Eden of East or Serial Experiments Lain or maybe Basilisk idk. Someone help. You probably know more anime than i do. 

These Fry's sales are always so awkward for the things I want to order. If you buy two dvds that are under teh mark for free shipping, you need to add two more around the same price to prevent both of your filler items from being the ones it takes half off of.
Well it's a lot better if you can go in store (IMO). you can usually get good prices as well just price match first. The last time I took advantage I got all the one piece collections and matched a funi sale amazon was running. Sadly they won't match TRSI from my experience.

Well it's a lot better if you can go in store (IMO). you can usually get good prices as well just price match first. The last time I took advantage I got all the one piece collections and matched a funi sale amazon was running. Sadly they won't match TRSI from my experience.
Frys wont let you PM and do a promo that they are doing in the same transaction, its either one or the other

I just realized Aniplex owns the rights to Silver Spoon, while browsing Rightstuf. This makes me incredibly sad because I love that series. I want to own it, but Aniplex's prices are just BS.

Have no fear. If you really want it a lot of dealers on Amazon are selling it and alls you have to do is send them a quick email and they can verify it for ya. It's easier to find the Blu Ray version on Amazon and the DVD on eBay. Granted they'll be used but there is always a chance someone has it new and can verify the pull out box. All have a slipcase as of now. The pull out box is so cool. Purple on the inside and Shinji and Rei on the outside. Orange 2.22 is sooooo nice the way it pulls out with Unit 2 and Asuka. ahhhahah
Thanks for the info, but I'm good. Don't really feel like going through all that trouble for nicer packaging.

And most times the computer doesn't recognize the promo going on so a manager has to do an override for it . I'll try again either today or tomorrow and will report
It's usually the manager who walks over, and then has to go to the department to "investigate" and come back, and tell you they can't do both.

Hmmm I have a best buy next door to the frys so maybe If and when I go and they say they cant do both I'll just reply " thats fine I'll just give bestbuy my business" and see what they say . Hopefully it works and they retract there its either one or the other statement

I just realized Aniplex owns the rights to Silver Spoon, while browsing Rightstuf. This makes me incredibly sad because I love that series. I want to own it, but Aniplex's prices are just BS.
Since the creator of FMA is behind it, it may get a dub later on. If that happens, I can see Kaze/All the Anime/Manga in the UK picking it up. They have also picked up some sub only anime from Aniplex too so that could be happen in the future... so in other words, if you become of us cool UK importing guys you can get in on that. ;)

Since the creator of FMA is behind it, it may get a dub later on. If that happens, I can see Kaze/All the Anime/Manga in the UK picking it up. They have also picked up some sub only anime from Aniplex too so that could be happen in the future... so in other words, if you become of us cool UK importing guys you can get in on that. ;)
It would be sad to see that show dubbed. Adding in useless words to match the lips and explaining what's happening on-screen is really annoying. Subs or bust!

It would be sad to see that show dubbed. Adding in useless words to match the lips and explaining what's happening on-screen is really annoying. Subs or bust!
Eh, anyone can dub anything. But subs are always in every release, well, except Persona 4 because Altus wants more moolah.

Is that the glass door to a dvd cooler?

As for your question, apparently that's around the going rate. If you were a fan of the show then it would be fair price as long as the discs look good.
I wouldn't trust just the disks looking good.

There was an error in printing on a number of the sets that were released... such as mine... which is in brand new shape still as it's only be put in a drive once or twice and doesn't have a scratch on it, but the last few eps on the first disc or the first few eps on the second disk don't play right... and I didn't notice until after it went out of print because I didn't watch it right away when I bought it for cheap from rightstuf years ago.

Aka I would only buy it if the store has a policy to return them if they don't work correctly.

Back from frys. They price matched. Then they did the BOGO without me even asking. Picked up fairy tail 3 - 10 and a couple seasons of your under arrest which was only like 15$.

Is slayers any good? Amazon has the complete series for about 25 bucks and I can use my promo credit. The reviews say its good but the synopsis doesn't sound very appealing then again i didn't like the trigun synopsis and i bought it lol

Is slayers any good? Amazon has the complete series for about 25 bucks and I can use my promo credit. The reviews say its good but the synopsis doesn't sound very appealing then again i didn't like the trigun synopsis and i bought it lol
I don't know if I'd classify it as "good". The first season is almost entirely a huge slog. The second season (Next) is much more fun, as is the third (Try). The strength of the Slayers franchise lies in the characters and their interactions together, not so much the rest of the plot. It also helps if you watched it in the late 90s when there was less good stuff to go around. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, but I recognize it for its faults.

slayers is one of those shows that was good for the time when it came out.

It's still a decent watch, but it's an older show and it often shows its age. In general it will feel very generic (or even D&D ish) but is still a decent fantasy show. plenty of shows that have come since though do a better job of world building and story telling for a fantasy... though if you want something fairly straight forward with people yelling out spell names it will be something you should watch :p

slayers is one of those shows that was good for the time when it came out.

It's still a decent watch, but it's an older show and it often shows its age. In general it will feel very generic (or even D&D ish) but is still a decent fantasy show. plenty of shows that have come since though do a better job of world building and story telling for a fantasy... though if you want something fairly straight forward with people yelling out spell names it will be something you should watch :p
eurka seven any good?

sweet won the oop gundam wing endless waltz special edition dvd on ebay for 10 bucks altogether. i payed only 99 cents but shipping was 8 may try for adjusted invoice since i didn't win other auction if not oh well.

still need the last 4 ops. may just buy complete series and sell the repeats to fye in moreno valley for 45 bucks and turn around and use that on rightstuf or something good over there. 

eureka seven any good? i want to use the promo credit and get something worthwhile
Sci-Fi, Action, Romantic. As for myself i really like this show. I give it 4 out of 5. You can get blu-ray first 52 episodes (Part 1 & 2) from amazon under $43 Shipped. I waits for AO & the movie go down price before i pick up all of them ;)

Sci-Fi, Action, Romantic. As for myself i really like this show. I give it 4 out of 5. You can get blu-ray first 52 episodes (Part 1 & 2) from amazon under $43 Shipped. I waits for AO & the movie go down price before i pick up all of them ;)
whats ao? http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Seven-Complete-Collection-Legends/dp/B001W79MBS/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1406420343&sr=1-1&keywords=eureka+seven+anime+legends

this is what im looking at for 23. is this the same?

Eureka Seven AO (Astral Ocean) is the sequel they made to Eureka Seven. I haven't personally watched it, but it seems that most people didn't think that it lived up to the original Eureka Seven.

What you linked is the first 26 episodes of the original Eureka Seven. If you have a blu-ray player I suggest getting this. It's the same thing on blu-ray AND its cheaper! :D

P.S. - I watched Eureka Seven for the first time when the blurays were released and I thought that it was a brilliant anime. I would definitely recommend checking it out.

If you want o buy Eureka Seven, buy the blu-rays (comes with dvd aswell):

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Seven-Part-One-Blu-ray/dp/B00HXEWGLW/ Part 1 - $21.49

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Seven-Part-Two-Blu-ray/dp/B00HXEWGY4/ Part 2 - $21.49
Just want to clarify that those sets do not come with the series on DVD. There is a DVD extras disc in the first set, but that is all.

EDIT: Didn't post these in my previous post, but here are the new DVD sets that Funimation released if you don't have a blu-ray player or prefer DVDs.

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Seven-Johnny-Yong-Bosch/dp/B00HXEWDMY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406422875&sr=8-1&keywords=eureka+seven+dvd - Part 1 $17.49

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Seven-Johnny-Yong-Bosch/dp/B00HXEWH5W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406422875&sr=8-2&keywords=eureka+seven+dvd - Part 2 $17.49

Eureka Seven AO (Astral Ocean) is the sequel they made to Eureka Seven. I haven't personally watched it, but it seems that most people didn't think that it lived up to the original Eureka Seven.

What you linked is the first 26 episodes of the original Eureka Seven. If you have a blu-ray player I suggest getting this. It's the same thing on blu-ray AND its cheaper! :D

P.S. - I watched Eureka Seven for the first time when the blurays were released and I thought that it was a brilliant anime. I would definitely recommend checking it out.
Ahhh. Well I saw your link and wow it is cheaper and in high quality too. I am now tempted to get the limited edition art box for 10 bones more and put my gundam wing fandom aside. Did you pick up the limited edition. I think it looks cool how you can house the complete series and that box.

bread's done
Back