Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a reason the original release is so expensive when there is a new release?

also... had I known the market on dvd 11 would turn out like that I would have bought more. (image from 2009)

I still wear some of those t-shirts, and those boxes hold a good amount of my anime collection (each of the special editions had their own boxes that would hold like 5 dvds, plus the 2 or 3 ones that came with harder boxes to actually hold the eureka seven series... thus I have something like 10 or 11 eurkea seven boxes holding anime in my collection lol)
*fist bump*

I ordered vol. 11 back in April 2009 for $3 also. Been wanting to sell the set, cause the blurays take up less space. But I haven't had the time.

Thoughts on jormungand

Or is qwasar of stigma better?
my thoughts

Jomungand = decent series, with decent ending, I'll buy it myself when it's cheaper

qwasar = borderline hentai garbage that I can't fathom why people would enjoy it as nudity/ecchi aside... the first few eps have an absolutely terrible story @_@ (I never finished it and have zero plans to), you would have to pay me to own this and join a few other shows like michel in my section of shame

my thoughts
Jomungand = decent series, with decent ending, I'll buy it myself when it's cheaper
qwasar = borderline hentai garbage that I can't fathom why people would enjoy it as nudity/ecchi aside... the first few eps have an absolutely terrible story @_@ (I never finished it and have zero plans to), you would have to pay me to own this and join a few other shows like michel in my section of shame
Baaawhahaha. I bought Michel bc it was so cheap never even watched it. Jormungand it is.

Thoughts on jormungand

Let's just say the main character in Qwaser gets his powers by drinking breast milk directly from the source... And they show all of it.

And i'll just leave it at that so you can decide which you want...

Attack on Titan DVD/Blu-ray Part 2 (Hyb) Limited Edition + Artbox is back for preorder at TRSI with a counter of 53 if anyone missed it last time.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=fun07270

Since we are talking about E7, I'm glad I dumped both LE and Anime Legends sets just before the BD release lol. I need to dig out all the old anime I have in storage and sell it all. They all need a good home.

Let's just say the main character in Qwaser gets his powers by drinking breast milk directly from the source... And they show all of it.

And i'll just leave it at that so you can decide which you want...
i'm bummed that we didn't get a BD release of both seasons.

Attack on Titan DVD/Blu-ray Part 2 (Hyb) Limited Edition + Artbox is back for preorder at TRSI with a counter of 53 if anyone missed it last time.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=fun07270
Zoinks! Thanks, was waiting for that inevitable restock. Was going to place an order for it last time right when the counter ran out. Now the question is whether or not will I cancel it, I want a artbox but I hate digibooks. At least now I can mull over it. Added my Ranma 1/2 Box 3 preorder in there for good measure.

EDIT: Someone refresh my memory. What was the "gift with purchase" they were offering before with preorder? I know it was something with the survey corps embel but I can't remember exactly what it was. Not that I care that they're not offering anymore, it's just bugging me that I can't remember. :lol:

I'm not trying to stop anyone from buying the LE versions of AoT, I just want to express my opinion of them.  I really don't want to support this model of releasing shows, so I am going to just stick with the regular editions.  Using RS prices as a baseline, on each set they're charging $24 for a 24 page book and a 3d card, and now they're also adding an extra $6 for a chipboard box to house them in.  I'm pretty sure that $54 can get me far more interesting AoT merchandise than a 48 page artbook and a box.  It isn't a bad idea for them to change things up from time to time, I just don't see the same added value that they do.

Which reminds me, would you please keep an eye out for any cheap sets that have a two volume blu ray sized chipboard box and let me know if you find them?  I plan on making a couple of my own and figure it would be far easier if the box was already built. :)  Especially if you can find that ultra rare breed of Funimation box where it actually houses the slipcovers as well ;)

Edit @Sporkis:  Wasn't it a window decal?

Have em all :( I know I have a problem
How about Sands of Destruction, Shana, Mongolian Chop Squad (Beck), Negima (the original, though I liked the sequel series, I may be the only one though), School Rumble, Air Gear, and Aquarion? Also, there's Tsubasa, Pumpkin Scissors, Chrono Crusade, and I've heard Tokyo Majin is decent. And, of course, Pani Poni Dash, and finally Gad Guard. Crap, and Kaleido Star, and Ah my goddess tv. (which the original season I'm not sure if you can get for cheap, but the second season was license rescued by funi, and is in SAVE now. I'm sorry, one more, Nerima Daikon Brothers, though it's out of print, it seems to be pretty cheap, still.

I'm not trying to stop anyone from buying the LE versions of AoT, I just want to express my opinion of them. I really don't want to support this model of releasing shows, so I am going to just stick with the regular editions. Using RS prices as a baseline, on each set they're charging $24 for a 24 page book and a 3d card, and now they're also adding an extra $6 for a chipboard box to house them in. I'm pretty sure that $54 can get me far more interesting AoT merchandise than a 48 page artbook and a box. It isn't a bad idea for them to change things up from time to time, I just don't see the same added value that they do.

Which reminds me, would you please keep an eye out for any cheap sets that have a two volume blu ray sized chipboard box and let me know if you find them? I plan on making a couple of my own and figure it would be far easier if the box was already built. :) Especially if you can find that ultra rare breed of Funimation box where it actually houses the slipcovers as well ;)

Edit @Sporkis: Wasn't it a window decal?
I'm not sure where you're getting the $54 from. The LE+chipboard is an extra $30 on top of the normal Vol. 2.

Here's my thoughts on it though. While I don't like digibooks, they are giving us a fair price on a popular series on bluray.

EDIT: Someone refresh my memory. What was the "gift with purchase" they were offering before with preorder? I know it was something with the survey corps embel but I can't remember exactly what it was. Not that I care that they're not offering anymore, it's just bugging me that I can't remember. :lol:
Yes, it came with a decal sticker before.

I'm not trying to stop anyone from buying the LE versions of AoT, I just want to express my opinion of them. I really don't want to support this model of releasing shows, so I am going to just stick with the regular editions. Using RS prices as a baseline, on each set they're charging $24 for a 24 page book and a 3d card, and now they're also adding an extra $6 for a chipboard box to house them in. I'm pretty sure that $54 can get me far more interesting AoT merchandise than a 48 page artbook and a box. It isn't a bad idea for them to change things up from time to time, I just don't see the same added value that they do.

Which reminds me, would you please keep an eye out for any cheap sets that have a two volume blu ray sized chipboard box and let me know if you find them? I plan on making a couple of my own and figure it would be far easier if the box was already built. :) Especially if you can find that ultra rare breed of Funimation box where it actually houses the slipcovers as well ;)

Edit @Sporkis: Wasn't it a window decal?
Yea, they are really milking this series.

I kinda miss the old, old days of anime when there were fans out there selling their own artboxes for DVD sets.
Haha I remember seeing those cool metal Trigun and Gungrave self-made artboxes. There are still people in Japan that make them.

That's not a problem, it's a hobby. :D
lol its becoming a problem for me. I'm catching up to you!

Oh, forgot to mention it, but if you are going to Otakon, be prepared for Downtown Baltimore to be very, very, VERY busy. The Orioles are in town and are having their 60th Season Anniversary festivities the same weekend as Otakon. Friday night includes fireworks and a ceremony where old-timey Orioles will be honored and Saturday they are giving away a Wild Bill Hagy hat. For those who have never been to Baltimore, Oriole Park at Camden Yards is literally across the street from the Baltimore Convention Center.

Though if you're lucky you may get on one of the MASN cutaway shots and will likely get picked up for highlight packages on ESPN, MLB Network, etc.

I'm not sure where you're getting the $54 from. The LE+chipboard is an extra $30 on top of the normal Vol. 2.

Here's my thoughts on it though. While I don't like digibooks, they are giving us a fair price on a popular series on bluray.
There's also the extra $24 charge for the limited edition of volume 1.

$60 for part 1 and 2 regular edition

$114 for part 1 LE and part 2 LE + box

Oh, forgot to mention it, but if you are going to Otakon, be prepared for Downtown Baltimore to be very, very, VERY busy. The Orioles are in town and are having their 60th Season Anniversary festivities the same weekend as Otakon. Friday night includes fireworks and a ceremony where old-timey Orioles will be honored and Saturday they are giving away a Wild Bill Hagy hat. For those who have never been to Baltimore, Oriole Park at Camden Yards is literally across the street from the Baltimore Convention Center.

Though if you're lucky you may get on one of the MASN cutaway shots and will likely get picked up for highlight packages on ESPN, MLB Network, etc.
Welp, now I'm very glad that I'm going down on Thursday. I was last there for my graduation in May (UB '14!) and of course the Orioles were in town and it took me forever to get home from my graduation ceremony. Gotta love the O's!

Thoughts on jormungand

my thoughts

well, be prepared for a lot of boobs/sucking

And that was probably only about 25,000 people or so. Adult Oriole fans come out in droves whenever something celebrating the "good old days" happens. Expect sellouts all three days (which is more or less 45,000 people). So, yea, there will be at least 65-70,000 people roaming Downtown Baltimore next weekend. That's not counting any other local events that may be going on, like the marathon last year.

Lucky for me I live 15 minutes away and can just use the bus or Light Rail to get downtown. No traffic issues for me! :)

How about Sands of Destruction, Shana, Mongolian Chop Squad (Beck), Negima (the original, though I liked the sequel series, I may be the only one though), School Rumble, Air Gear, and Aquarion? Also, there's Tsubasa, Pumpkin Scissors, Chrono Crusade, and I've heard Tokyo Majin is decent. And, of course, Pani Poni Dash, and finally Gad Guard. Crap, and Kaleido Star, and Ah my goddess tv. (which the original season I'm not sure if you can get for cheap, but the second season was license rescued by funi, and is in SAVE now. I'm sorry, one more, Nerima Daikon Brothers, though it's out of print, it seems to be pretty cheap, still.
Sands of Destruction = Poop. Shana is good, but depends on your appetite for action/romance. MCS is ok - it wasn't as good as people made it out to be, so I guess YMMV. Air Gear I really enjoyed for some reason...I'm sure others hated it. The music is awesome. Tsubasa is ok, Pumpkin Scissors is meh, Chrono Crusade is good and the rest you listed I haven't seen. Lots are on Netflix too.

He asked for suggestions, and I gave them, but I may have only suggested Sands of Destruction because it was cheap, but I thought it was decent enough (but I watched it through netflix about 4 or so years ago, so my memory may be off), and the only shows from that list that are on Netflix are Tokyo Majin.  Gad Guard, and Aquarion may be on there, but I don't remember seeing them.

I liked both Sands of Destruction and Pumpkin Scissors. I second Gad Guard, School Rumble, and Kaleido Star.

I think Sands of Destruction received a lot of hate, because the game was so awful, and repetitive, and the VA'ing in the game was so god-awful.  But, the reason for my suggestions were that I went through the S.A.V.E. selections on Amazon, and suggested things that I remembered liking.

Awesome suggestions, s.av.e editions make a wince a little lol. I ended up getting infinite ryvius (I just wanted the art box) and found shana season 1 for 20. About 60% of listed stuff I have bc cheap is usually good no matter what lol. I do want to pick up some original versions of a few things like ah my goddess, gad guard etc. THANKS AGAIN :)

Sentai Filmworks announced the full English dub cast for WATAMOTE on Wednesday. The series will ship on Blu-ray and DVD on August 26. The cast, directed by Emily Neves, includes:

Monica Rial as Tomoko Kuroki
David Matranga as Tomoki Kuroki
Emily Neves as Yuu
Margaret McDonald as Hina
Ashley Miller as Okada
Blake Shepard as Kiyota
Clint Bickham as Suzuki
Blake Shepard as Yandere Boy
John Johnston as Teacher
Carli Mosier as Nurse
Johnny De La Cerda as Kosaka
Beth Lazarou as Gym Teacher
Elizabeth Bunch as Sniper
Shelley Calene-Black as Mrs. Kuroki
David Wald as Mr. Kuroki
Leraldo Anzaldua as Ishimine
David Wald as Narrator
Juliet Simmons as Kii, Imae

Sentai Filmworks announced the full English dub cast for WATAMOTE on Wednesday. The series will ship on Blu-ray and DVD on August 26. The cast, directed by Emily Neves, includes:

Emily Neves as Yuu
Ashley Miller as Okada
Blake Shepard as Kiyota
Clint Bickham as Suzuki
John Johnston as Teacher
Carli Mosier as Nurse
David Wald as Mr. Kuroki
David Wald as Narrator
it'll cost a fortune since its sentai, is it good though?

Plus, between sales on places like DVD Planet and Fry's and used places like Hastings and SecondSpin, it's pretty easy to get Sentai stuff for $35 or lower.

it'll cost a fortune since its sentai, is it good though?
Sentai is usually not too bad. But I know you're new to this thread but this was probably the most recent horror in memory that made me go "Uh, nope - That's enough anime for me today"

http://fatezerousa.com/product-default.php (see price)

SBD3vaE.gif

Emily Neves as Yuu
Ashley Miller as Okada
Blake Shepard as Kiyota
Clint Bickham as Suzuki
John Johnston as Teacher
Carli Mosier as Nurse
David Wald as Mr. Kuroki
David Wald as Narrator
Monica was a shoe in as Tomoko,which is not a bad thing since she is the only one I can who can pull her off.

Welp, now I'm very glad that I'm going down on Thursday. I was last there for my graduation in May (UB '14!) and of course the Orioles were in town and it took me forever to get home from my graduation ceremony. Gotta love the O's!
Be careful going down on Thursday night too... The Ravens play their first preseason game against the 49ers, so it's likely to be packed downtown as well that night.

Be careful going down on Thursday night too... The Ravens play their first preseason game against the 49ers, so it's likely to be packed downtown as well that night.
We're going Thursday afternoon so we're probably missing that traffic. Thanks for the heads up though!

Whoop whoop. Got full metal panic the complete collection for 20 bucks on ebay used. it has all 7 dvds and the limited art box from adv. it was just listed and had about 6 watchers. picked it up fast. i hear good things from this show and it looks to be another artbox to join my trigun one and my now gundam wing artbox yayayayyaya

Whoop whoop. Got full metal panic the complete collection for 20 bucks on ebay used. it has all 7 dvds and the limited art box from adv. it was just listed and had about 6 watchers. picked it up fast. i hear good things from this show and it looks to be another artbox to join my trigun one and my now gundam wing artbox yayayayyaya
I'm watching the Blu version of it now (it's a 480p remaster so you're DVDs are still fine) and I'm enjoying it a lot. Way better than I expected it to be.

FMP Season 1 is the only season that truly blends the comedy and action of the franchise. Fumoffu is all comedy and while there are some funny scenes in Second Raid, it is overshadowed by the drama quickly.

bread's done
Back