Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
how do the nisa coupons work. i bought 2 copies of danganronpa and i got a $20 coupon from them. what is the criteria for coupons because if it isnt that bad i will just purchase all of my nis games from them since im in no rush to have stuff day one since school started for me today
Pretty much every time you buy from them you get points and earn coupons. You can either email them or enter the coupon at checkout to have it deducted from your order.

Pretty much every time you buy from them you get points and earn coupons. You can either email them or enter the coupon at checkout to have it deducted from your order.
i guess i should have clarified since that part i understand since i used the $20 already on danganronpa trigger happy havoc. what i meant to ask was, how many point equate to a coupon and when do they usually give you a coupon after spending how much money?

Edit: I googled it and found my answer, sorry to bother you. I should have just did that from the beginning , but it didnt occur to me since i was studying lol

how do the nisa coupons work. i bought 2 copies of danganronpa and i got a $20 coupon from them. what is the criteria for coupons because if it isnt that bad i will just purchase all of my nis games from them since im in no rush to have stuff day one since school started for me today
Directly off of the site "You will receive 5 Reward Points for every dollar spent on the NISA Online Store. Once your point total has exceeded 500, you will automatically receive a $5.00 Gift Certificate voucher code by email that can be applied to future purchases. Gift Certificate codes will expire one year from when they are created."

Speaking of NIS anime I was wondering how Hanasaku Iroka was?

Quick question.

I didn't have an account set up with NIS when I ordered this. Is there any other way to check on the status or will I have to call them and get it all sorted out that way.

I ask because I paid with paypal and it didn't require me to set up an account.

Sooo funi has a sale going on for up to 50% off attack on titan stuff until sept 4th. It's only 49.99$ with art box.

Aot 1 standard 25$
AoT 1 limited 45$
AoT 2 standard 25$
Aot 2 limited 45$ / w. Box 50$
50% off AoT shirts with dvd/blu ray purchase

Get em if u haven't got em yet

****note shipping is free AFTER 50$ so it will be +3.75 for s&h (they don't count tax)
Total should be 57.86 in the US

Edit: I didn't notice someone posted this already but still this is the full breakdown.

There is still a few nice items marked down on SS (like Gundam Seed Complete Collection parts I and II) in case anyone wants them.  They should go with the B2G1 for $1 sale too.

If they are still around, I might nab them later on since I don't think that they will be cheaper by year's end.

The Mighty No. 9 newletter highlighted this thing. I haven't read everything about it, but the art looks nice. The premise sounded a little to me like a more hardcore Mai-Hime.

FYI for those that bought Princess Jellyfish from Amazon this past week.

At br.com some members are reporting getting them in and they are minus the slipbox. So just a heads up.

There is still a few nice items marked down on SS (like Gundam Seed Complete Collection parts I and II) in case anyone wants them. They should go with the B2G1 for $1 sale too.

If they are still around, I might nab them later on since I don't think that they will be cheaper by year's end.
Ss?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-30/yen-press-light-novel-imprint-adds-log-horizon-no-game-no-life-devil-is-a-part-timer/.78200

No Game No Life, The Devil Is A Part Timer and Log Horizon Light Novels are coming to North America in 2015. I am so so happy that is actually happening! With the apparent success of the Sword Art Online light novels, Yen Press are bringing more. I hope they announce more in the oncoming months, as I am down for collecting Light Novels rather than Manga. Hoping for Golden Time, Oreimo, and High School DxD to make it over here. That will be glorious

Definitely excited to read The Devil Is A Part Timer since the Novel Translations on Baka Tsuki are incredibly slow, and I really want to know what happens after the 1st Season.

Didn't think Love Live would go OOP this soon (I underestimated its popularity) Ended up buying a copy from NISA with tax :(

Edit: This purchase pushed me for another coupon so I guess it worked out alright lol. Poster isn't a bad plus either~
Love Live kills it in sales in Japan. Not shocking it would sell out here.

I'll pick The Devil is A Part Timer since I enjoyed it so far,and I might get Log Horizon too if I enjoy the show. I hope they pick up Baccano at somepoint,and hopefully Kino's Journey(this one is wishfully thinking though).

Picked these up at HPB for their Labor Day sale.

2LLqWQK.jpg

Anyone know anything about Dan Doh!? it was just a blind buy.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-30/yen-press-light-novel-imprint-adds-log-horizon-no-game-no-life-devil-is-a-part-timer/.78200

No Game No Life, The Devil Is A Part Timer and Log Horizon Light Novels are coming to North America in 2015. I am so so happy that is actually happening! With the apparent success of the Sword Art Online light novels, Yen Press are bringing more. I hope they announce more in the oncoming months, as I am down for collecting Light Novels rather than Manga. Hoping for Golden Time, Oreimo, and High School DxD to make it over here. That will be glorious

Definitely excited to read The Devil Is A Part Timer since the Novel Translations on Baka Tsuki are incredibly slow, and I really want to know what happens after the 1st Season.
I really hope they bring over Haganai.

dosen't seem like any one posted unless I missed it that along side the 50% funi is doing they are also giving 50% atot tshirt with purchase in case you wanted one >.>: "BONUS - Your Attack on Titan purchase qualifies for 50% off an Attack on Titan T-shirt!  Just use promocode "AOTSHIRT" after adding your favorite tee to your shopping cart."

Anyone else have any issues ordering from funimation's website? I tried chrome and firefox and the site just sucks. After going through the entire order process for AoT part 2 their website froze. Now my paypal account shows $28.74 pending to funimation however I didn't get any confirmation email or order number from funimation. I opened a support ticket but it says it won't be answered until the next business day (the day after the sale ends of course)....

The Fry's thread updated with some anime deals

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334874-frys-ads-829-94/

Highlights include:

Girls Und Panzer TV series DVD $13.99
http://www.frys.com/product/7849529

Xam'd Part 1 DVD $6.99
http://www.frys.com/product/6303581

Xam'd Part 2 DVD $4.99
http://www.frys.com/product/6411152

Fate Stay Night TV series DVD $13.99 wait no this shit sucks
http://www.frys.com/product/8107055
+$1.99 shipping for Girls und Panzer, +$2.99 shipping for the rest.

Love Live is now OOS on the NISA site as well. It is still available from RACS though I know you guys have mixed feelings on them :p I personally have had no issues with them although I have only ordered in-stock NISA sets to make use of their coupons. 

I dropped by a yard sale yesterday and found these.  I got robotech 1-6 and planetes 1,2,3,5,6 for $30 with a few other items.  I picked up most of the kenshin volumes from this guy last year.  I don't know much about planetes, but I just need volume 4.  I couldn't resist getting them for $2 a piece.  Several of the plantes are still sealed.

I don't remember much about robotech.  I think I've seen macross, but not robotech.

Finally finished Cardcaptor Sakura tonight and loved it :) (Though it was a bit long!) Definitely worth it~ Now I just need to hold out for the BD release of the first movie. 

Edit: This purchase pushed me for another coupon so I guess it worked out alright lol. Poster isn't a bad plus either~
Atleast NISA has many bonuses with buying from them. You get the poster, the Weiss card, and the code for the UR Honoka Card for Love Live School Idol Festival (Which is worth it for me because it's better than spending $30 for a 1% chance of getting a UR card). TRSI didn't seem to have the Weiss card listed and SIF's facebook seems to advertise that NISA Store will have the code. So for the extra $4 (+tax if applicable), you get the poster, code and card which seems to be fair... And RACS is selling it for more than NISA and TRSI... And they don't have any bonuses...

Atleast NISA has many bonuses with buying from them. You get the poster, the Weiss card, and the code for the UR Honoka Card for Love Live School Idol Festival (Which is worth it for me because it's better than spending $30 for a 1% chance of getting a UR card). TRSI didn't seem to have the Weiss card listed and SIF's facebook seems to advertise that NISA Store will have the code. So for the extra $4 (+tax if applicable), you get the poster, code and card which seems to be fair... And RACS is selling it for more than NISA and TRSI... And they don't have any bonuses...
Hmm didn't know you get a Honoka card for the game. Is that only the Concert Edition or does it apply to the Premium as well?
I too noticed that RS didn't have the Weiss card. I'm glad I ordered from NISA. I wasn't going to but that poster and Weiss card sold me. I'm going to fram that poster if I get the chance. I wouldn't even bother with RACS, plus like you said it was more then RS and NISA.
It was cheaper for my to order at NISA because I didn't get charged taxes. Are you supposed to or some states exempt?

While I'm still actively hunting for Kenshin Complete probably not anymore since I did fork out money to buy a Wii U but for future purposes how does one go about collecting Robotech. I see a lot of different series and sets. 

Hmm didn't know you get a Honoka card for the game. Is that only the Concert Edition or does it apply to the Premium as well?
I too noticed that RS didn't have the Weiss card. I'm glad I ordered from NISA. I wasn't going to but that poster and Weiss card sold me. I'm going to fram that poster if I get the chance. I wouldn't even bother with RACS, plus like you said it was more then RS and NISA.
It was cheaper for my to order at NISA because I didn't get charged taxes. Are you supposed to or some states exempt?
I think if you live in California or Texas you might get tax but I don't know or I'm not really sure... The Honoka card comes with the premium bonus set and the premium concert set. So if you ordered any NISA package, you should get the card. The Facebook of SIF kept advertising the card for NISA even though NISA never really added it to their site.
https://m.facebook.com/schoolidolfestival/photos/a.318856094937678.1073741828.311343009022320/340558706100750/?type=1&source=46&refid=17

Secondspin's Labor Day sale got me good.  I have failed.  The 20% off and free shipping sale (SSLABOR14 is the code for the day in case anyone is wondering) is what I mean.

In comes the single volumes of Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, and Martian Successor Nadesico to go with Gundam Seed Collection II (I'm glad someone else got Coll. I earlier - good for them). 

How did I wind up with Nadesico when I wasn't too keen on Eureka Seven or Gurren Lagann again?  :whistle2:k

The first movie is pretty decent, but it doesn't really add anything to the story, the bad guy is voiced by Megumi Hayashibara.

How did I wind up with Nadesico when I wasn't too keen on Eureka Seven or Gurren Lagann again? :whistle2:k
Because Nadesico is awesome.

They also have several Sentai Blu-ray sets for $28 which go down to $22 with the sale.

GoHastings also has a 30% off sale going on right now.

I think if you live in California or Texas you might get tax but I don't know or I'm not really sure... The Honoka card comes with the premium bonus set and the premium concert set. So if you ordered any NISA package, you should get the card. The Facebook of SIF kept advertising the card for NISA even though NISA never really added it to their site.
https://m.facebook.com/schoolidolfestival/photos/a.318856094937678.1073741828.311343009022320/340558706100750/?type=1&source=46&refid=17
Thanks for the heads up. If NISA don't charge taxes in my state I'm going to start to order their stuf from them from now on. It appears they don't so that is a good thing.

And yeah I hope that the card comes with the sets even though it isn't on the site. I don't feel like getting 20 hearts to scan for a Honor Student....Lord...

Clannad and After Story blu ray collections are on Amazon for about $45 each. Are these particularly low prices? Searching eBay seems to show both at $60-80...

bread's done
Back